• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steel Thy Shovel! Shovel Knight Support Thread!

ChiefGamers

Smash Cadet
That'd be a funny idea, but wouldn't they already be in the Z-Axis? I'd imagine they could just use that and not have to fiddle around with the rules of projectiles. I'd get an example of such a think, but I'm honestly not sure who to use. It's early morning, and my brain doesn't feel like racking itself for info.
Tbh I do imagine the horns would be counted into SK's hitbox, but it was just a thought I had and something I wanted to point out just in case, maybe the horns don't have a proper hitbox set up yet or something.

Still hoping we get an assist promotion soon either way, specifically for Shovel Knight. Two spirit promotions and zero AT promotions would be really lame, especially with how hard Nintendo is pushing indies despite not having an indie rep and there being an indie with... 5 spirits, a 3D model to already work with, 5 amiibos (Five more than any other indie), two episodes of the Nintendo Power Podcast focusing on Yacht Club, the 2014 Shovel Knight EU E-Shop Takeover, Specter of Torment being a time launch exclusive, and the fact that Sakurai owns Shovel Knight vinyls

So yeah just saying I think SK has reasons to be promoted to playable

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon is now confirmed to come on Switch this December/holiday.

The developer's video statement has honestly been reassuring to me, seeing as they want Shovel Knight to be more than just a flavor of the month. If the franchise becomes big enough, that'll ensure that the digger can get in the next Smash.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, it sounds like they want Shovel Knight to really become a franchise in its own. Cool to have confirmation on Pocket Dungeon, though I'm eagerly waiting for Shovel Knight Dig as that appears to be the more ambitious title. Also interested to see what comes after that.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I would like to show my support for Shovel Knight in Smash, I played Treasure Trove and really liked it! Though, with the titular character being in so many other games I think I would prefer Plague Knight or Specter Knight in Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, it sounds like they want Shovel Knight to really become a franchise in its own. Cool to have confirmation on Pocket Dungeon, though I'm eagerly waiting for Shovel Knight Dig as that appears to be the more ambitious title. Also interested to see what comes after that.
Same. Nitrome has been oddly quiet about that one for a while, but at least we'll be assured to hear info for that at some point. Unlike Hollow Knight's own sequel...

I would like to show my support for Shovel Knight in Smash, I played Treasure Trove and really liked it! Though, with the titular character being in so many other games I think I would prefer Plague Knight or Specter Knight in Smash.
We would get both at the very least, since those guys did become playable more than once before anyone else in the SK series. Probably Plague Knight after SK, seeing as folks tend to like him more than Specter, I think.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
They outright said in the indie show that they've been trying to turn Shovel Knight into a bigger IP/universe, so I think we are going to see lots of SK stuff as long as Yacht Club is around.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
It's too bad Shovel Knight wasn't given a Mii Costume like Bomberman was. I thought it would be likely to happen as Nintendo already got a license to use him in Smash and just like Bomberman's, Shovel Knight's assist trophy model could have fit the Mii fighter's proportions perfectly. As with other indie costumes (Sans, Cuphead, Shantae) he could have had a song included and having "Strike the Earth" in Smash would have been dope.

Top Bottom