• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steam Smash Bros Tournament bracket up play your games!!

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Welcome to the SSBT where you can sign up and play in a really fun online tournament and win games for your Steam account!! this will also be counted toward ELO Rating so not only will help your Rating but you will be entering in a Tournament for a chance win games as prizes for your Steam account.

To sign up post your
Name:
Availability:
Steam account name:

Rules
You have to have a Steam account to sign up. To sign up for a Steam account go to http://store.steampowered.com/
Matches can be p2p, server, or anything you guys can use to do your matches.

Matches have to be played with in given time if one player is unable to play with in the time given the player who is not able to play will forfeit the set.

Bracket will be randomly generated and will be used with Tio's tournament program. If your unhappy with your bracket there will be no change to the bracket as it will be randomly generated.

Rules are subject to change at any given time without notice

Prizes subject to change at any given time with or without notice

More time for matches due can be granted by me but its on a case by case basis and you have to give warning to me and post on here that you will need more time.

By entering & signing up you agree to all rules of the tournament

Prizes given are given through Steam as gifts from me you have to add me as a friend on steam and accept the gift. I cannot guarantee the game will work you must meet the minimum requirements for the game that you pick there will be no exchanges for other games when a game is picked that's the game you will get. Prize's are awarded to 1st 2ed and 3ed place only one game per winning player prize is also awarded in order of 1st 2ed and 3ed place (1st place will get to pick first then 2ed then 3ed) Winning players will be contacted by me on SWF and Steam and they will get to pick a game from the list of games on here keep in mind games are subject availability meaning if something gets picked I may not have that game anymore. List of Prizes and Rules are subject to change at any given time with or with out notice by entering this you agree to all rules of the tournament.

Available games = x
Prizes:
Borderlands 2 x1
Portal 2 x2
Torchlight 2 x1
The Witcher 2 x1

General Match Rules
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Competitive Recommended Ruleset

Competition Rules

Matches are best-of-3
Matches for with finals are best-of-5.

Game Settings

Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available

Stages

The Starter Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle and Dream Land.
The Counterpick Stage List consists of Peach's Castle.

First match of all sets is selected by a 3-stage striking system with the Starter Stage List. The lower ranked player ALWAYS strikes first.

The 64 Recommended Ruleset uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the Starter Stage List until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Pausing the game
No pausing in tournament if you pause you will lose stock until forfeit of match. This rule does not apply if both players ok the pause.

Characters

All characters are legal.

Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a colour change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

Low Tiers are all characters in B tier and below: Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, Ness, Luigi, Samus and Link.

Set Procedure
Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
Players strike stages.
The first match is played.
The loser of the previous match selects the next match's stage from the Starter Stage and Counterpick Stage Lists.
The winner of the previous match selects their character.
The loser of the previous match selects their character.
The next match is played.
Above four steps are repeated if necessary.

Players signed up: 15
Nova
Matt NF
LULZ îXî
Kimimaru
Channighan
SuPeRbOoMfAn
sextc ~.iXi.
KoRoBeNiKi
Villainy
Fireblaster
Wing67
Killer
lord narwhal
Saske
XKCP

LULZY

Smash Cadet
Name: LULZ îXî
Availability: Everyday
Steam Account Name: LULZssb

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Name: Kimimaru
Availability: Most days
Steam Account Name: Kimimaru4000

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I'll enter this.

Name: XKCP
Availability: Pretty much any day, but I do have work about 5 of 7 days per week so times may vary
Steam account name: XKCP

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Is the prize only for 1st place or will 2nd and 3rd place get a cheaper game?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Name: KoRoBeNiKi
Availability: daily, I'm on steam daily/I auto-login (like more than smashboards)
Steam account name: KoRoBeNiKi

Prizes seem cool...I'l sell em for hats :troll:

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Is the prize only for 1st place or will 2nd and 3rd place get a cheaper game?
Prize will be given in order of 1st 2ed and 3ed and 1st gets to pick first and so forth. Only one game given per place. Added more info in rules
Are pause taunts legel though? I can't control myself at times!
No pausing in tournament is not ok if you pause you will lose stock until forfeit of match. Added this to
(Rules) only time it should be ok to pause is if its ok by both players.

Think I will start this at 10 or 15 sign ups.

Wing67

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7942-9531
Name: Wing67
Availability: Monday - Wednesday
Steam Account Name: WK67

I'm not to good at ssb, and I've never entered a tournament before.. But the only way to get better is to enter one, right? So excuse me if I have some trouble with the stage picking rules. I don't fully understand this part: "The lower ranked player ALWAYS strikes first.".

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Is this tourney gonna start at 16 players? Because 16 people have signed up if you include superdoo.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Tourney is now caped superdoo has not signed up for a steam account and will not be added to bracket. Bracket well be posted soon. ROUND 1 Matches well have 4 days to get the match done from the time that the bracket is posted. Everyone post your match on here if you win or lose or if one player is unable to show up for the match there will be no extra time given the player who shows up and does everything to play the match will take the win when the other gets DQ. If for some reason both players cant play I will make the final decision who will take win/loss.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
lost to lord narwhal 1-2, maybe I should actually play more if expect to do good in tourneys......

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Name: Wing67
Availability: Monday - Wednesday
Steam Account Name: WK67

I'm not to good at ssb, and I've never entered a tournament before.. But the only way to get better is to enter one, right? So excuse me if I have some trouble with the stage picking rules. I don't fully understand this part: "The lower ranked player ALWAYS strikes first.".
Well, you're playing against me first round so that rule doesn't really matter, seeing as neither of us are ranked, at least not on Smashboards.

I can play anytime after 5 pm Central until Thursday, which I then have Thursday off.

I'll pm you about details.

Wing67

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7942-9531
Thanks dude! Good luck with your future matches!

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Off to a good start. Matches that still need to be played are

Round 1
Matt NF vs sextc ~.iXi.
Kimimaru vs Channighan
Killer vs Villainy
KoRoBeNiKi vs LULZ îXî

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Whoa, almost forgot about this. I'll PM Channighan now.

Also Jel, what's your Steam name?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
ALL Round one Matches NEED TO BE PLAYED BY FRIDAY OR ONE PLAYER WILL TAKE DQ (the player that does not show up will take DQ as this has to move on and can not wait for someone to show up for given match) If both are no shows I will pick a auto winner so the bracket can move on.

Round 1 matches left
Matt NF vs sextc ~.iXi.
Kimimaru vs Channighan
Killer vs Villainy

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Channighan and I are supposed to play tomorrow. However, since we need to get our match done today, I got online and didn't see him and PMed him with no response so far. I didn't expect one though since he said he was busy until the weekend.

Top Bottom