• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steam Deck, Valve's new portable gaming device.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
I'm certain offline mode is available. As ⬆ said, it'd be nearly pointless without it, it'd get them a ton of ill-will, and Valve is traditionally pretty open about this kind of thing in contrast to if this was say, an EA console. There's no real benefit, and with it being a fully customizable PC a bypass would be modded in quickly anyway.

I do wonder if this is a bad sign for the possibility of any Valve reps in Smash, given this looks to be intended to compete with the Switch.

SockOnForums

Smash Rookie
I'm certain offline mode is available. As ⬆ said, it'd be nearly pointless without it, it'd get them a ton of ill-will, and Valve is traditionally pretty open about this kind of thing in contrast to if this was say, an EA console. There's no real benefit, and with it being a fully customizable PC a bypass would be modded in quickly anyway.

I do wonder if this is a bad sign for the possibility of any Valve reps in Smash, given this looks to be intended to compete with the Switch.
If a TF2 character got into smash, I would literally cry, I know it's unlikely but I can still dream.

Top Bottom