• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Statement: The Final Brawl Project

The Neutral

Smash Rookie
Hello all players of Smash,

"Brawl's life is coming to an end"

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a game that was released in 2008; Since its release, it had managed to accumulate many loyal fans and followers. During the 08-12 era, Brawl was the #1 most acclaimed and played game out of the entire franchise and was admired by many for its revolutionary changes and accessible gameplay; The community was doing well and the playerbase was growing steadily. All started to change, however, when complaints about Metaknight began growing and the Melee Documentary was made. Soon, Brawl would see its numbers stagnate, and eventually, decline. Brawl's community would eventually face collapse when the new Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U was released, however its story didn't end there; Even throughout Smash 4 short but triumphant reign, Brawl's community still retained a small, yet loyal following of players. We, as a community have managed to endure even when the odds were against us and they said we'd all collapse completely under the new game's rule. We survived and persevered. Even after Smash 4's launch, we still managed to churn out countless amounts of content which managed to receive acclaim even to this day, and we made our presence known to the whole scene. Now, the newer Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Switch has been announced, and with it, Brawl's life is coming to an end. We cannot keep this up much longer; Melee's resurgence could be endured due to its challenging gameplay and age, and Smash 4 could be endured due to its uninspired design and controversial nature, however Smash for the Nintendo Switch will be a new experience altogether. It is becoming increasingly apparent that the Switch is the new Wii, and its Smash will be the new Brawl: The next revolution. Our time is running out, and soon Brawl will face its total and absolute destruction, however there is still one thread of hope: One last mod.

This mod's goal will be to combine the best elements of each prior installment, while adding in new ones to embellish the gameplay. We will have top-quality characters, intricate and elaborate balancing, and top-notch attentiveness to detail. This mod will use all new assets and coding, and together, with you, the community. The Brawlers and the hackers. We shall succeed. We shall form one last movement, one last mod, and reunite, one last time.

All who are interested in joining Brawl's final project, comment below and contact me via PM.

D

Deleted member 396530

:( So sad. I have a idea! Do You MAKE SMASH bros 64 project Foe wii u

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
Yeah bruh it be you. Brawl is far from dead; how about you peep legacy's Twitter real quick jimbob

Last edited:

The Neutral

Smash Rookie
You are delusional. 99% of their posts barely break 100 likes, compare that to Nintendo's profile which has millions are subscribers and thousands of likes for even the most insigniifcant comments. Having a small cult playing a game doesn't equate to life, let alone being "far from dead". If you're braindead and your finger still twitches, you're still officially dead. No doctor would ever deny your passing just because a single segment of a single limb of your body is still "active". You are but the twitching finger to a dead body, and soon you may not even have that to your name.

Take, for instance, how David, the creator of LTE had to personally come out to refute me. That means that David as an entity has no value. Never once in your life would you see Iwata, Reggie, Kimishima, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, or even smaller developers like Dantarion come out to personally refute a random poster's comments because they know their value and are in control. Young David is nothing but a small time indie developer who must flaunt his creation around at every given second in a desperate attempt to get traction, but no matter how long or hard you try, you are simply too unprofessional to revive Brawl, let alone start your own profitable business.

As a businessman, I will give you advice though, young David; Stop flaunting yourself around. You are the most valuable asset of your product. Just like a gem, they only have value in scarcity. Reveal it too many times and people get desensitized. Practice discipline and learn to let your product take the lead. As a developer (especially an indie one), the last thing you want to do is expose the yolk of the brand. People will simply use your statements to fuel their own projects and leave yours in the dust. You have to act like you're already Bill Gates, then you'll become him. Until then, expect to be a small-time twitter with 1,000 followers who all know each other from birth and seldom-viewed posts that garner 40 likes a piece.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Let me get this straight, you're trying to compare social engagement of the tech giant to invent Mario 30 years ago to a group of a few dozen nerds who work on a mod of a mod of a 10 year old game? Just so I'm clear here.

We're a tiny community. Using Nintendo's engagement volume as a metric by which to measure our success is foolhardy. And I'm glad you're calling me Young David, sometimes I feel like one of the older devs among the Brawl modding community.

So I'm not sure how I'm delusional exactly here pal, you're the one claiming I'm trying to be Bill Gates and are expecting us to have thousands of likes on our posts for a tiny mod fan game.

This is a hobby, first and foremost. So while I appreciate your business acumen and thoughtful advice, I think I'm going to continue to flaunt myself around. Thanks though!

SuperSmasherFan

Smash Cadet
If brawls dead, I've been hanging around in a community full of grave diggers, because we keeping uncovering more and more magic.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
You a business man? What do you sell? And I doubt you sell it well.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Sup!

Im Nezha the Scout, Im a brawl vault moderator and in october Ill have my 5 year aniversary of modderating brawl vault. Even if I applied for my resignation I have to remain a bit longer.

I got attention from sources someone saying Brawl Modding is dying? Man, thats pretty silly, we in kcmm get an average of 25 mods weekly still, and thats just kcmm. Gamebananas scene is kickstarting nicely.

I really dont want to read all your posts because from formality quickly derailed to delusion and self advertizing really destroyed your credibility from the getgo.

Screenshot_20180509-151231.png
This month alone we have more than 50 new mods to review. I worked with more 5 projects in these last two years, smash 2, minus, TE and XP, other whose names I cant say, and done more than 60 stage edits totals on these. And thats just stages, they are kicking arses in other departments too.

Being sorrounded and being one of the judges from brawl vault I cannot be in vacation. So again I ask,

Watchu Talking about? Because unlike you I did my research, and Im part of it. You may have more mastery of the english language and spelling, but even my lack of english makes more sence than you right now.

Last edited:

Szion

Smash Journeyman
While I agree brawl is dead,

David just folded you like an origami crane so imma have to look the other way.

The Neutral

Smash Rookie
If brawls dead, I've been hanging around in a community full of grave diggers, because we keeping uncovering more and more magic.
Brawl is dead. Cult activity doesn't equate to life. Enjoy your magic.
Sup!

Im Nezha the Scout, Im a brawl vault moderator and in october Ill have my 5 year aniversary of modderating brawl vault. Even if I applied for my resignation I have to remain a bit longer.

I got attention from sources someone saying Brawl Modding is dying? Man, thats pretty silly, we in kcmm get an average of 25 mods weekly still, and thats just kcmm. Gamebananas scene is kickstarting nicely.

I really dont want to read all your posts because from formality quickly derailed to delusion and self advertizing really destroyed your credibility from the getgo.

View attachment 143521
This month alone we have more than 50 new mods to review. I worked with more 5 projects in these last two years, smash 2, minus, TE and XP, other whose names I cant say, and done more than 60 stage edits totals on these. And thats just stages, they are kicking arses in other departments too.

Being sorrounded and being one of the judges from brawl vault I cannot be in vacation. So again I ask,

Watchu Talking about? Because unlike you I did my research, and Im part of it. You may have more mastery of the english language and spelling, but even my lack of english makes more sence than you right now.
Those numbers are pitiful. Even the worse indie games average more traffic than that. Brawl Vault used to be a fairly active scene, but now it's dead beyond repair.
Lmao no kidding. Calling all your fellow mates "delusional", generally is regarded as a poor business decision.
You're not my target audience, so it's inconsequential to freestyle on you.
You a business man? What do you sell? And I doubt you sell it well.
I myself sell nothing, and that's why I succeed. All business is handled by my corporation, and like a good businessman, I remain in the shadows, since I know my worth.
Let me get this straight, you're trying to compare social engagement of the tech giant to invent Mario 30 years ago to a group of a few dozen nerds who work on a mod of a mod of a 10 year old game? Just so I'm clear here.

We're a tiny community. Using Nintendo's engagement volume as a metric by which to measure our success is foolhardy. And I'm glad you're calling me Young David, sometimes I feel like one of the older devs among the Brawl modding community.

So I'm not sure how I'm delusional exactly here pal, you're the one claiming I'm trying to be Bill Gates and are expecting us to have thousands of likes on our posts for a tiny mod fan game.

This is a hobby, first and foremost. So while I appreciate your business acumen and thoughtful advice, I think I'm going to continue to flaunt myself around. Thanks though!
Even when compared to other part-time projects like Project M, your mod is disturbingly small. If it really is a hobby you should move on to better things. The fact that you've created this mod already makes you more intelligent and committed than 99% of this community, you ought put that suit to good use and become a true entrepreneur. Even if you can't reach William's level you can at least reach for Rovio's.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Well you remind me of a local hobo who yells the world is ending alot.

Very well, what bussiness tactic are you using now? Acting like a person with an unpopular opinion so you get more attencion? My my. Alright I did you the favor. I told all key modders about you, your behaviour and your project. I begged them not to reply but alas I cannot order them to.

You can thank me for the exposure later. Alt accout person.

Last edited:

Zerkanator

Smash Rookie
NNID
Iansonicraft
3DS FC
3351-4072-6823
Switch FC
4539-7670-9498
Why can't we just all enjoy what Brawl mods have to offer? While I will admit that Brawl modding may not be as lively as it was a few years ago, there are still many people out there working on some damn right incredible things that can only be done in Brawl, and doing what they've done takes a lot of time and patience. Combining all of these elements and adding all of these characters is way harder than you think. There are packs out there that have over 100 characters, with around the same mentality you have of trying to add in everything Brawl modding has to offer. That simply doesn't work IMO. You can't just have all of these characters and expect things to be fair and somewhat balanced , that's not how it goes. When it comes to developing a single character alone it can takes months and sometimes even up to years before these characters can fit the criteria of quality the creators want. This doesn't even go into the coding and whatnot that would be required for a modpack on the caliber that you want it to be. Something like that could take years at least and who knows what'll happen at that point. Plus saying that this modpack would be a sort of "last hoorah" for brawl would be basically going against modding is all about, messing around with games just to see what can be done with them, and as long as there is still a passion for this old game to be modified, I don't see this community dying anytime soon.

The Neutral

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post
Why can't we just all enjoy what Brawl mods have to offer? While I will admit that Brawl modding may not be as lively as it was a few years ago, there are still many people out there working on some damn right incredible things that can only be done in Brawl, and doing what they've done takes a lot of time and patience. Combining all of these elements and adding all of these characters is way harder than you think. There are packs out there that have over 100 characters, with around the same mentality you have of trying to add in everything Brawl modding has to offer. That simply doesn't work IMO. You can't just have all of these characters and expect things to be fair and somewhat balanced , that's not how it goes. When it comes to developing a single character alone it can takes months and sometimes even up to years before these characters can fit the criteria of quality the creators want. This doesn't even go into the coding and whatnot that would be required for a modpack on the caliber that you want it to be. Something like that could take years at least and who knows what'll happen at that point. Plus saying that this modpack would be a sort of "last hoorah" for brawl would be basically going against modding is all about, messing around with games just to see what can be done with them, and as long as there is still a passion for this old game to be modified, I don't see this community dying anytime soon.
You're preaching to the choir. I'm not some random amateur, I know all about Brawl Hacking.
Well you remind me of a local hobo who yells the world is ending alot.

Very well, what bussiness tactic are you using now? Acting like a person with an unpopular opinion so you get more attencion? My my. Alright I did you the favor. I told all key modders about you, your behaviour and your project. I begged them not to reply but alas I cannot order them to.

You can thank me for the exposure later. Alt accout person.
This is something called "vacation": Something a working-class user such as yourself will be hard-pressed to understand.

SuperSmasherFan

Smash Cadet
Sorry pal, but I think you dissing the Legacy Team was just hilarious.

Oh by the way, you might have already seen this but uh,
Brawl ain't dead, but your argument is.

Last edited:

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
You know not what you talk about Neutral, Project M/Brawl modding is far from dead. There are many mods that still have decently sized fan bases, Legacy, Brawl Minus, Project M Nexus(Not a mod, but important.), Cobalt Legacy, PM EX and all the users who make simple mods for brawl vault. Add all these users together you probably get atleast 5,000 active people, which is FAR from dead.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros. 4 (WiiU/3DS) will lose its reason to exist and will die, but Super Smash Bros. Brawl is easily modable (and even have subspace emissary & bosses fights btw). Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the most unique game of the series while Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will have everything Sm4sh & Melee have but in "better". Basically, Sm4sh will die, not Brawl.

I personally bought Sm4sh recently but I almost finished everything the game has to offers. While I replayed Brawl few months ago and started modding again (though I didn't posted my own creations on Brawl Vault because I lost my accounts). People might play Ultimate but they will still play Brawl again.

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering if you've had any updates, can't wait to see what you you've been working on for the past six months. I'm sure it's been a lot of quality work!

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Still very interested in this!

SuperSmasherFan

Smash Cadet
I’m starting to get worried... can you post some updates? Would hate to see brawl die like this. Please save me from the PM cult!

Jordy827869621

Smash Rookie
Hello all players of Smash,

"Brawl's life is coming to an end"

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a game that was released in 2008; Since its release, it had managed to accumulate many loyal fans and followers. During the 08-12 era, Brawl was the #1 most acclaimed and played game out of the entire franchise and was admired by many for its revolutionary changes and accessible gameplay; The community was doing well and the playerbase was growing steadily. All started to change, however, when complaints about Metaknight began growing and the Melee Documentary was made. Soon, Brawl would see its numbers stagnate, and eventually, decline. Brawl's community would eventually face collapse when the new Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U was released, however its story didn't end there; Even throughout Smash 4 short but triumphant reign, Brawl's community still retained a small, yet loyal following of players. We, as a community have managed to endure even when the odds were against us and they said we'd all collapse completely under the new game's rule. We survived and persevered. Even after Smash 4's launch, we still managed to churn out countless amounts of content which managed to receive acclaim even to this day, and we made our presence known to the whole scene. Now, the newer Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Switch has been announced, and with it, Brawl's life is coming to an end. We cannot keep this up much longer; Melee's resurgence could be endured due to its challenging gameplay and age, and Smash 4 could be endured due to its uninspired design and controversial nature, however Smash for the Nintendo Switch will be a new experience altogether. It is becoming increasingly apparent that the Switch is the new Wii, and its Smash will be the new Brawl: The next revolution. Our time is running out, and soon Brawl will face its total and absolute destruction, however there is still one thread of hope: One last mod.

This mod's goal will be to combine the best elements of each prior installment, while adding in new ones to embellish the gameplay. We will have top-quality characters, intricate and elaborate balancing, and top-notch attentiveness to detail. This mod will use all new assets and coding, and together, with you, the community. The Brawlers and the hackers. We shall succeed. We shall form one last movement, one last mod, and reunite, one last time.

All who are interested in joining Brawl's final project, comment below and contact me via PM.
Wow. Just, wow. Hey there. Just an insignificant player joining the conversation. Firstly, two years after this hilarious post and brawl is still going strong. Project Plus is in the scene and Brawl Minus is still in development. And you believe brawl is dead? WOW! AND to top that off, you want to create a "Last Mod". How exciting. How IS the project going anyway? I bet all of the devs you dissed would LOVE to work with you. Of course, they weren't your core audience. Yeah, I can understand how you want to insult the best of the best instead of working with them. Jeez. You're all bark and no bite. Oh, and you say that you're not some random amateur? Huh, then why are you a smash rookie. I know, I know, I am one too. But do you want to know the difference between us? Here it is, I created this account just so that I could reply to your nonsense while you are trying to shift the opinion of the smash community with twisted information, while talking like you're some hot stuff in the process. So how about you shut that trap of yours and let us enjoy Smash Brawl for what it is instead of calling us a cult? OK?

Top Bottom