• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important State of the 4BR - Summarizing Smash 4's Present and Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Welcome, everyone, to the 4BR. As you're all well aware, the 4BR was officially launched today, so I thought we could take a moment to further go over some things with everyone here, and have a word from all the people behind the 4BR.

http://smashboards.com/threads/4br-guidelines-and-member-list.422503/

First off, I recommend you take a look through the guidelines if you have not already done so. In regard to what's currently going on now, we still have some people we're waiting to hear from in terms of invites. Keep in mind that this is the first of TWO invites waves. Everyone here, and those who have been currently invited, is someone who we value for one reason or another, who hav been actively checking the forums here at Smashboards. Currently, a second wave is also being drafted. We plan to reach out to those community members who have currently stopped using Smashboards, including more TO's and Personalities, as well as other players. I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves, but at that point, after that's done (hopefully by December) any further recruitment would be handled by applications during designated periods, which when we're closer to, will be announced and discussed.

So what is the 4BR? The 4BR, to myself, and a lot of us, isn't necessarily something that just means a room on Smashboards, for only Smashboards interests. We want to offer it being less about the Smashboards community and meta, but more importantly, the Smash Bros community and meta. Ideally, we'd of course like to be that hub, and continue being that hub for the community, but it's important to remember we want to positively influence the community as a whole, not just a subsection on Smashboards. We have a lot of ideas in mind of course, and any ideas you might have can be discussed over in this thread here. What I want to focus on is less on what we can do for a moment, but more on what we don't plan to do.

One very controversial issue from the BBR in the past, for example, is related to rulesets. At this time, and likely for a long time, we wouldn't tackle an issue like this, because quite frankly, we know how much of an issue this sort of thing can cause, and how little control we as a group could have over independent Tournament Organizers and Tournament Organizations. What we instead want to focus on are things that can improve the experience for the community and provide an unified voice for the community to rally behind, be it tier lists, content, tutorials, etc;, while at the same time, working to advance the metagame.

In the coming months, we'll decide our direction, not just us designated to guide the room, but all the members of this room. We all have different skills, knowledge, and ideals, and we all want to make a name for ourselves, or continue to cement your legacy for those of you who already have that name, but we should all want to improve the community and the meta, even if we are all different. As I mention in the Guideline thread, we don't want this to just be some private room; in the year 2015, we realize that of course marketing your voice on social media and through video content is important, and at no point should you feel confined to not continue to do that because of the 4BR.

This is already getting long, so for now, I'll stop this point here, though I'd like for you all to get to know us room leaders better.

TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder , Camalange Camalange , and myself will share some personal words to you guys quick before opening the floor to everyone. We’re excited to be hearing from you in the time to come.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Neo Zero already covered a lot of what should be said, so I'll keep it short.

As the leaders, we are primarily here to motivate and direct discussion. We are not rulers; we are aggregators.

Our role is to promote debates and keep projects coming and going at a proper rate. We want to pick your brains as thoroughly as you'll allow us to, but we need everyone to be comfortable giving their input and opinions. Even if things can get heated at times or when there are inevitable disagreements, we ask that everyone carries themselves with dignity, considering everyone here was recognized for one contribution or another. We will step in as necessary, but we try not to deal with absolutes.

We thank you for your contributions, your time, and your eagerness for joining this back room. We are here to aid the community, as you all are, in a more unified and beneficial direction. There are appropriate threads, and more to come from us as well as you (if you so choose) for endeavours that we all can partake in.

I'm excited for the future of this game.

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom