• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Starting Monthly an Entry Level SSBU Tournament

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Why does your OP even mention genders? There's no Smash Bros in Saudi Arabia dude.

TheFrigginGuy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3574-9517-5303
Why does your OP even mention genders? There's no Smash Bros in Saudi Arabia dude.
I know many women (including myself) that feel discouraged from starting to play competitive because of how male dominated the community is.
More importantly why do you care that I mentioned it?

Last edited:

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
I know many women (including myself) that feel discouraged from starting to play competitive because of how male dominated the community is.
More importantly why do you care that I mentioned it?
The girls I know don't feel discouraged lol.
I don't "care" that you mention it, I find it funny. HUGE difference.
White knighting is hilariously beta, but when you say "including myself", I assume you're a female yourself.
To be frank and honest, regardless of the game community being a giant sausage fest, I don't know any competitive females who feel discouraged at the butchers places.
What happened to all that bravado and "I can do it too" jazz that Hollywood crams down everyone's throats?

Last edited:

TheFrigginGuy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3574-9517-5303
The girls I know don't feel discouraged lol.
I don't "care" that you mention it, I find it funny. HUGE difference.
White knighting is hilariously beta, but when you say "including myself", I assume you're a female yourself.
To be frank and honest, regardless of the game community being a giant sausage fest, I don't know any competitive females who feel discouraged at the butchers places.
What happened to all that bravado and "I can do it too" jazz that Hollywood crams down everyone's throats?
When I talk about women being discouraged, I'm talking about women that I know that are not in competitive yet. Its difficult being the only one in the room of your gender.

The reason I'm starting this tournament is to give people who are having a hard time getting into competitive Smash a way in. I Included gender in the OP to make it feel more inclusive.

Also to answer you question about the "I can do it too" stuff. None of it really hits home because it just feels so false coming from Hollywood and mainstream media.

TiltSmash

Smash Rookie
When I talk about women being discouraged, I'm talking about women that I know that are not in competitive yet. Its difficult being the only one in the room of your gender.

The reason I'm starting this tournament is to give people who are having a hard time getting into competitive Smash a way in. I Included gender in the OP to make it feel more inclusive.

Also to answer you question about the "I can do it too" stuff. None of it really hits home because it just feels so false coming from Hollywood and mainstream media.
I'm so down to support this tourney in any way possible. I feel like you hit the nail on the head, the smash community as a whole has had a chronic problem being inclusive to everyone, and I feel that starting to ask the hard questions like what can we do differently and what are we doing wrong is important. Anyways down to join the tourney!

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
What time on the 22nd? I work 2nd shift (in the US), so am working until 11 PM. If it's online, and I could somehow coordinate to play later at night, if my opponent would be willing, could I do that? Or is this all going on much earlier in the day?

Top Bottom