• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starman Jr. Assists in battle.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Not sure if I can make this thread here but whatever.
Skip to 9: 21 to watch it. Starman Jr is ready to fight and spam PSI Beam. On other notes, Jeff is back and Isaac from Golden Sun is nowhere to be seen.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
A little disappointing that he lacks any form of animation. A little lazy looking honestly.
I don't know if you can do this with the assist, but in Smash run it does move in a weird way to dodge attacks (It bends diagonally? Idk hard to explain but the walking sprout from the magicant stage also has a very odd animation style that just fits.) and if you reflect an attack back the "SMAAAAAAAAAAAASH" text appears above it and you land a critical hit.

Strofirko

Smash Master
For who asking what assist trophies they cutted:
Little Mac(Because he is a character,duh)
Gray Fox(Because Metal Gear)
Mr.Resetti(Because he is scary)
Isaac
Ray MKIII
Helirin
Excitebikers
Barbara
Jill

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
It makes perfect sense the Starman doesn't move. He just warped around the map without moving a finger... or tentacle, I guess.

tyrannosaurusrik

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-4352-0712
I agree. Having it stoic and move in the same as in the overworld of EarthBound is pretty awesome to pay respects to the original game. When it came to the crazy cars or taxis in the other Mother games (and Mother 2), they moved and sped up like cars do, along with their crazy, warped manner. They were portrayed well in Smash Run. (As much as I hate that mode).

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I agree. Having it stoic and move in the same as in the overworld of EarthBound is pretty awesome to pay respects to the original game. When it came to the crazy cars or taxis in the other Mother games (and Mother 2), they moved and sped up like cars do, along with their crazy, warped manner. They were portrayed well in Smash Run. (As much as I hate that mode).
Some of Smash Run is really cool in concept- I kinda want it to carry to the next Smash so it can be improved upon. I wish the map had areas inspired by Nintendo franchises and I wish the enemy selection was better... also making it so it is interactive before the end match would be nice as well as making it so every enemy gives off the same rewards each time so when trying to strengthen a single stat you can. Also options. Options would be great.

Top Bottom