• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol Mav, I just checked the chatlog on the Smashboards channel, and that's more or less what I've been experimenting with lately. Yes, Thor/Hellion beats a lot of things, but it's most known for punishing the Muta/Bane/Ling composition. From there, you can add Marauders to punish Roaches and Ultralisks. However, you need Vikings in order to not get hard countered by Brood Lords.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lolllll, I actually was on earlier like 7:30ish but you weren't on =(, and I thought you were midwest so it was at least 11 =p. I'll be on tonight BEFORE midnight, looking to get our matches done =).
I'll be on if I'm not seeing my girlfriend today, otherwise I won't be on til the weekend.

I've been on like every other day from 5 to midnight this week XD

Twig

Smash Journeyman
You're time zone's are effed up buddy.

If he was in the Midwest he would be about 3 hours behind us. Not forward.

And Kentucky is right next to VA geographically.

So he's no more then an hour or so behind. Maybe not even.
The wording was horrendous.

Let's all talk in Spanish were everything is simple to say.
I thought he was one hour behind, and to be fair half of Kentucky is one hour behind. A bad assumption, and it turns out the Overswarm is indeed EST.

Rhan - I find it ironic that you comment on my grammar, yet say "You're time zone's." Not only is that the incorrect use of "You are" instead of the possessive "Your", you also add in a possessive "zone's" incorrectly. Lastly, if you understood geography and timezones, you would know that being three hours behind would mean he is West Coast, not Midwest.

Overswarm - Sounds good man, I'll be on tonight / this weekend. GF > Sc2.

M@v

Subarashii!
lol Mav, I just checked the chatlog on the Smashboards channel, and that's more or less what I've been experimenting with lately. Yes, Thor/Hellion beats a lot of things, but it's most known for punishing the Muta/Bane/Ling composition. From there, you can add Marauders to punish Roaches and Ultralisks. However, you need Vikings in order to not get hard countered by Brood Lords.
I used this start since plat. It eventually stopped working when I faced higher diamonds. I think its working for me again since my macro/micro has improved since platinum.

Yeah, I usually leave myself flexibility to build other support units pending how they response. But the core of it is thors with attack upgrades. The most common zerg response is heavy roach, which is when I mix in a few banshees. It worked really well yesterday because he went heavy roach with mutas. I sent my banshees in with my thors just out of zerg vision range. As I expected his mutas came rushing in to kill the banshees, and they were all bunched up. My thors 1shotted all of his mutas minus one or two. It was so epic LOL.

I never wrote a b/o for it in this thread, but I always include 1 starport to make any sort of air units I need. Vikings for OL harass/bl, medevacs for blue flame drops, ravens for creep control/burrow, banshees for harass/roaches, and I dont get bcs :p.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
i lost to yoster 2-1

shakuras - him

steppes - me

jungle - him

forfeit me in loser's too. i don't play SC often enough --;

gg's tim you've gotten a lot better. gl in winner's

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, I'm going to revise my statement about Thors.

They are the only useful Factory unit when the opponent is building Phoenixes and Carriers, which happens to draw money away from Immortals too.

M@v

Subarashii!
Whos going to build carriers though? They are almost as useless as bcs.

Phoenixes I can definitely see. Also thors get bonus damage vs Phoenixes.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Whos going to build carriers though? They are almost as useless as bcs.

Phoenixes I can definitely see. Also thors get bonus damage vs Phoenixes.
Carriers and BCs are both ridiculously awesome units, they are just only really awesome when you can produce them without dying.

Going BC / marine vs Z is actually ridiculously effective, you just can't ever do it because Z can outmacro you so hard.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can't actually see that winning out against Corruptor/Roach/Baneling with a few Hydras. Hitting 3+ bases and pumping Battlecruiser/Marine/Siege Tank worked a bit more decently, in my experience. However, even then trading several BCs for a dozen Corruptors was irritating. Siege Tank/Thor/Viking with a couple BCs sprinkled in and Marines to take up the remainder of the minerals might work out, but I've yet to test that one.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
In TvT if Im way ahead but cant attack (cause its tvt >_> ) Ill throw some bcs in there. If your almost even in the viking count they work pretty well

M@v

Subarashii!
yeah just catch me on sometime thats all ^^. On monday I work 4-10 eastern, but other than that I should be free

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm beginning to have doubts that Arrow actually plays this game. Therefore, shanus vs Arrow's deadline is Tuesday, January 18, at 3 AM EST (also known as Monday at midnight PST). If the match is not played by then, Arrow, being the lower seed, will be counted as forfeiting.

12 Terran 8 Protoss 12 Zerg 4 Random

1. Ankoku || aisight.334
  2. Arrow || Arrow.784
  3. EnigmaticCam || Camster.635
  4. HELP || TyrantTheory.172
  5. HeroMystic || HeroMystic.745
  6. Kenrawr || KatyPerry.412
  7. Luigios || Luigios.119
  8. M@v || Mav.945
  9. Pakman || Pakman.484
  10. rhan || rhan.667
  11. SCOTU || SCOTU.208
  12. S.O.L.I.D. || Solid.414
  13. Candy || KeSha.248
  14. Nashun || GRITnashun.348
  15. Oh. || LadyGaga.997
  16. Scabe || Scabe.112
  17. Scar || Scar.403
  18. Sensei Hanzo || SenseiHanzo.445
  19. shanus || shanus.665
  20. Signia || Signia.524
  21. Anther || Anther.849
  22. ArcNatural || ArcNatural.328
  23. ESOJOSE || Screamer.893
  24. Fizzi || Fizzi.529
  25. Kira || Ardek.979
  26. Mogwai || Mogwai.289
  27. Nujabes || KarmaX.801
  28. Overswarm || Overswarm.197
  29. Roman. || fycROMAN.268
  30. Squidster || Squidster.404
  31. TheYoster || YellowYoster.807
  32. Zone || Snafu.141
  33. Cynan Machae || Cynan.623
  34. Ether || Ether.609
  35. Nasty_Nate || NastyNate.922
  36. Twig || Twig.511

Rules:
  • Best of 3
  • Double elimination
  • First game is played on the specified map
  • Each player may vote down one map from the remaining map pool
  • Loser of previous game selects map for next game
  • Players must stay their designated race
  • Legal map choices are as follows: Metalopolis, Scrap Station/Refined Scrap Station (if one of these is voted down then both are), Xel'Naga Caverns, Blistering Sands, Steppes of War, Lost Temple, Delta Quadrant, Jungle Basin, Shakuras Plateau
  • Deadline is Sunday, January 23. Players who do not post/play/ask for extension before the deadline will be assumed to have forfeited. In the event that neither player posts, the higher seed will advance.

Winners' Second Round - Shakuras Plateau
Cynan Machae vs Ether
shanus vs Fizzi

Winners' Quarterfinals - Xel'Naga Caverns
TheYoster vs Overswarm

Nasty_Nate vs ???
Pakman vs ???

Winners' Semifinals - Lost Temple
Anther vs ???

Losers' First Round - Jungle Basin
Solid vs Arrow

Losers' Second Round - Lost Temple
Scabe vs Scar
Squidster vs SenseiHanzo

rhan vs ???

Losers' Third Round - Steppes of War
M@v vs Luigios

HELP vs ???
Mogwai vs ???
Twig vs ???
Roman. vs ???
ESOJOSE vs ???
Ankoku vs ???

Losers' Fourth Round - Delta Quadrant
Oh. vs ???

Losers' Fifth Round - Metalopolis
Nashun vs ???

M@v

Subarashii!
M@v over engimaticCam 2-1

Game 1 LT Cam won(Game was an hour 2 minutes long)
Game 2 Delta Quadrant M@v won
Game 3 Steppes of War M@v won.

Top Bottom