• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Wars in Smash: Could it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan2005

Smash Rookie
So, with the release of Simon Belmont and Castlevania finally making it into Smash Ultimate, a lot of people are looking back to 3rd part characters as potential new comers. A lot of people are still holding out for the likes of Crash, Geno, Shadow, Ken, and so many more, that while not Nintendo All-Stars, would make fine editions to the roster. Now, one of the few possibilities that no one has thought of is Star Wars as a possible new 3rd party edition to Smash. Now, I know a lot of people will argue weather or not a Star Wars rep is even possible for Smash. One of the main criterium for smash Characters is that they must originate from a video game. That right there puts a damper on like 90% of main stream Star Wars characters. However, Star Wars and Disney still has a untapped vault of Star Wars characters that do originate from video games, many of which have perfect potential to be members of the Smash roster. One of the best corners of the vault to pull from would be from the Knights of the Old Republic franchise, a video game series that takes place hundreds of years before the battle of Endor. I don’t want to go to much into detail for time, and also for people who haven’t played the game to give them the experience to play so them self, seeing as it is a game that is best to play blind. Anyway, they create a whole new cast of characters, all of whom originate from the game. Two of the most rememberable and popular of the characters would have to be Revan and HK-47. This was a classsic master and droid duo, with Revan currently being a dark lord of the Sith and HK being his personal assassin droid. Being a assassin droid, built by a Sith Lord none the less, easily makes HK a highly skilled fighter. He has killed Sith, Jedi, Mandalorians, beast, wardroids, and several other skilled fighters, all of whom HK has easily defeated. He has an assortment of blasters, rifles, wrist blades that would make the assassins from assassins creed jealous, flame throwers, grenades, and so much more. So, that raises the question: could HK-47 be an edition to the smash bros roster? Well, lets look at thee facts.
First off, one of the most important parts of being a smash fighter is weather or not they originated from a video game. We already talked about this, so next. The next thing to think about is his fan base. This is another easy one. HK easily is one the most all time popular Star Wars, droid, assassin, and video characters there is, easily rivaling characters of that of the original trilogy. Plenty of people love his humorous comments, and the way he reforms to all sentient beings as “Meatbags”. Next up: move set and costume potential. Another easy one. There has been plenty or variations or clones of the HK assassin droid model. And not only was HK in his original game, he has also stared in the sequel game as another playable companion once again, a mini boss for later in the online MMORPG Star Wars the old republic, and finally, was a character in the mobile fighting game, Star Wars Galaxy of Hero’s. Between the four games, HK has plenty potential for move sets. As said above, the Knights of the Old Republic 2 restored content mod, which is said to be in game cannon, he uses a retractable wrist blade to slice into the head of a HK-50 clone, which he could easily use and upair, and the standard blaster rifle found in the original two knights of the old republic games as his natural. As for costumes, he has the HK-50 model, HK-51, HK-55, and so many more. So he does have plenty of potential for costume and move set. And, thanks to Simon Belmont, we now know relevancy is not as important as it once was, seeing ass Simon hasn’t been relevant in years, which helps, seeing as HK’s main two games, the Knights of the old Republic games were from the early 2000’s, and hs other games have all been minor roles for him. In terms of importance in video game history, he wins that department too, seeing as Knight of the old republic helped branch off and create RPG’s as we know them today, making him a key factor in that development. As for what he can bring that’s unique to smash, he can use hit utility items, such as his flame thrower, carbon projector, toxin emitter, and more, each with their own lasting effect on the opponent. Carbon can slow them down, flame thrower can leave burn damage, and the toxin can stun them. His character really has so much potential, and he would be the first true assassin to make it into smash, and one of the only robots in th entire roster, with there being R.O.B, and arguably Mega Man and the Samuses. So, really, HK does have plenty going for him as term as being a smash character. So the question it: Why not? And here is where it gets a little tricky. It’s these to things that really get in the way of HK-47 being a fighter in smash, and of course, they are the biggest two. One: Does HK have any realationship with Nintendo. And Two: was he relavent in the smash ballot. The sad answer for both of those: is no. HK as a character does not have any relationship with Nintendo, not appearing on a single consel in Nintendo history, and was also not even an option in the Smash ballot, with no even considering him a remote possibility to make it into a smash games. With that in mind, it looks like we will never see HK fighting along side Nintendo’s all stars. Or could we? Remember, Cloud also has never made it onto a Nintendo consel before his debut in Smash. Then how did he make it into Smash? Well, Sakurai has actually explained why. You see, while cloud has never been on a Nintendo consel, final fantasy has. The same can be said for Star Wars and Disney. Both of them have a rich history of appearing on Nintendo consel, such as Shadow of the empire appearing on the Nintendo 64 (Will come up later) and plenty of other vehicle based games on counsels such as the GameCube. They put Cloud into Smash, as a representation of all of Final Fanstasy as a whole, and I truly do feel that HK could do that for Star Wars as a whole, in the same way he represented the Expanded Universe in Galaxy of Hero’s for a time. Also feel that he would be the best person to do that for Star Wars, appearing in more Star Wars games then every other character who has originated from a video game. Of course characters from the movies would be in more, but in terms of strictly video game characters, he does hold that record. That easily makes him the best choice out of any other Star Wars character to represent the series in Smash for star wars video games. He really does everything going for him, his only true obsatacle being the Smash Ballot, however Recter actually had very little going for him in the smash ballot himself, and puttting a Star Wars character in Smash would raise sails existentially, and would help both Disney/Star Wars and Nintendo, with fans of the Knights of Old republic series that haven’t played smash yet getting them into it, as well as other fans of Star Wars with similar circumstances. So in the end, the question: Is HK-47 a viable option for Smash. My final answer: Yes. He does follow almost all the criterium, with one already having a loophole that has been used before, and the other one, well.... its not like it helps any other Star Wars character would do any better there.
7B609271-CBB6-4E7E-8ABB-63E7F51E7CC7.jpeg

And here is where we reach the end of this segment. I will be attempting to extend this with further possible Star Wars Characters, that could also have an attempt in Smash. In the end of each segment, I will be taking a page from the Rate their chances thread, which you can find in SmahBaords or on YouTube, both under the same name, and will be rating both their chance of actually making it into Smash, and just how much I want them as a character. And here we go. The numbers are in, and they are....

Chance Score: 25%

Want Score: 90%

None of the Star Wars characters will have a high chance of making it into Smash at all, and I don’t see why they would at all, but I will at least try to make it as fair as possible and give them all decent score. HK does have plenty going for him, which is why his score will be higher than others. As for my want score, I absolutely adore the Knights of the Old Republic series, it being my favorite games of all times, and HK was a big part of that, however I did decree that I will only ever have 1 100% and there are others I would rather have just a tad bit more then HK. So yeah, that’s this segment. This was the first one of this thread, and will be an example of how they will all end up. I will try keep it going as long as I can, and will hope y’all will enjoy it. If you did enjoy it, tell my which character you want me to talk about, and I will try to reach them as soon as possible. Thanks, and will post again soon

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unfortunately, no. We don't allow any threads for non-game characters. Last thread we tried ended in severe turmoil, which is why this thread is being closed now.

Smash has video game characters first for 3rd parties, a hard rule that we have yet to see change. For the record, this should've been in the Newcomer Speculation Forum for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but seeing as I'm locking it, it's pointless to move it. That said, I would love having a decent topic for "non-game characters", but considering the pointless backlash towards it, it likely is a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom