• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Fox Zero Switch port?

Star Fox Zero Switch port?

• No; just play 64 instead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No; the Wii U version is good as is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dusk Mane Koopa

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6430-7504-4526

Star Fox Zero is often criticized for its janky controls and similarities to 64, as well as drab aesthetic. However, the graphics, voice acting, writing and (especially) music are all top-notch. I think the game would be decent if it just didn't rely on the dual-screen gimmicks and if it used a more conventional control scheme similar to 64's. Nintendo's experimentation just overbore Platinum's artistic freedom too much. That's why it should get the Switch port treatment like Donkey Kong and Captain Toad and NSMBU. The control scheme and program should also be retooled to fit the Switch's single screen. What do you think?

VillageofFitness

Smash Apprentice
I am 1000 percent down for this. Zero was such a pretty game with beautiful music. The only thing that made it unplayable was the **** controls

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Like everyone else the game was really good except for the controls. The problem is that some of the levels I don't think you could beat with standard N64 control pattern. I think they'll have to make a new control style. I don't know why they didn't do motion control for the flying like Wii Sports Resort. That was fun and much more natural than the motion control used for aiming.

PurpleEyedGuma

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6430-7504-4526
Hello, crappy old account! I still think the hypothetical Switch port should switch to an SF64 control scheme, or have it be a toggle in the options menu. About the gyro reticle, remove it entirely.

Top Bottom