• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Standard Pac-Man Combos?

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I'm picking up Pac-Man (after much internal debate). Before I begin researching and labbing projectile/hydrant set ups, I wanted to know:

What are some combos (percent dependent or not) with Pac-Man that don't involve his special moves? Anything at all is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
F-Air to N-Air is guaranteed for the most part at low percents. D-Throw follows-up into dash attack at low percents, though it's DI and tech dependent. Outside of that Pac doesn't have very much. His BnB combos come from his projectiles and Hydrant so there isn't much to discuss.

flashypirate

Smash Rookie
I think falling up air to up tilt is pretty good. PAC has plenty of combos but not a lot link super well together as a character with a decent Nair can get out fairly easily.

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
at low % uptil, uptilt to either Up smash, Nair or pac jump. Up air if your opponent double jumps out or they go high enough. and sometimes fair can link into nair. Pac isnt that combo heavy tho

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I'm going to post every combo I know:

% not sure : (Low % I think): Fair -> FF Nair
% not sure : DA -> Fair -> Nair/hydrant (DI dependant)
% not sure : Nair -> Ftilt
Heavyweight -> around 0% to 10% -> Dthrow -> Ftilt
From 35% to 70%: Uair -> Utilt -> Uair -> Fair -> Hydrant /Nair/Uair (DI Dependant only the last hit)
From 30% to 60% :DA to Bair
+Specials Moves:
From 90% to ??%: Hydrant to Key
% not sure : Hydrant -> Bell -> SideB
From 108% (Lightweights) to 140% (Heavyweight) : Fair -> Key Link
From 0% to 60%: Galaxian -> Fair -> Nair + 2nd Galaxian Hit -> (Fair -> Nair (this only works if you started the combo at really low %) Link

Check this video too

If you need something else just ask.

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
dash attack to reverse bair works well if they DI away, if they DI up go for uair and see if you can string a few more in, uair to uair doesnt really combo until mid percents

utilt is pretty good, the problem is landing it, best used as an anti air and then chasing your opponent with uairs or bairs

nair to jab works at any percent, at mid percents you can combo into ftilt or dtilt. sour nair also combos into jab at mid percents

fair doesnt really do much until 80% and up, it can combo into itself letting you carry your opponent a distance, but youll only get 2 in before landing. pretty sure by catching your opponent in the air it can combo at earlier percents. it also combos into jab and ftilt, but again, not til late percents

uair doesnt have much landing lag and you can likely land another uair or maybe some fairs or a nair

and thats really it for standard attacks that can combo, now for some unorthodox things. grabs dont get us much, down throw to dash attack is all right if you can start a tech chase, but theyll likely just jump out. i try to only go for grabs during a hydrant dash. if you land the grab sometimes youll be pushed forward a little by the water after the grab animation finishes, getting you closer to your opponent than you would have been without the water pushing you. what you can follow up with is really situational and you'll have to react quickly, i almost always go for down throw and then utilt since ill be directly under them thanks to the hydrant. but jab works well too and is our quickest standard attack. there are other possibilities for combos with the help of a hydrant dash, ive been able to get 2 full jab combos this way, multiple ftilts, ftilt to an aerial. you can cancel any attack by hydrant dashing off a ledge, and that can lead to aerial combos. hydrant dashing is good because it lets you approach your opponent at high speed without much risk. wish i had a way to put video footage of this up easily.

beside that, our combo game really excels with fruit, you can connect almost any fruit out of dash attack provided you follow their DI, and then catch that fruit to set up for z drop combos. dash attack is also safe against characters with slow grabs, you can safely trampoline away if they shield

Coolaid_Mix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Coolaid_Mix
3DS FC
5241-1940-9069
down throw to nair jab locks near 40%. Also nair nair fsmash always works for me.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I forgot who posted it but doing jab1 and jab2 repeatedly moves Pac-Man across the stage and I've had success getting damage in through that.

Huge

Smash Apprentice
A lot of combos are very specific, and I couldn't do their spacing justice in a forum post.

...that said, http://happyzombies.github.io/smashvideocollection/pacman/ is an amazing resource for real-world Paction. Set the video at 0.5x speed, play some music, and take note of everything both players do over the course of the match. I feel like this has helped me improve immensely.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
A lot of combos are very specific, and I couldn't do their spacing justice in a forum post.

...that said, http://happyzombies.github.io/smashvideocollection/pacman/ is an amazing resource for real-world Paction. Set the video at 0.5x speed, play some music, and take note of everything both players do over the course of the match. I feel like this has helped me improve immensely.
Like how Zage is here and not Dee smh

verbatim

Smash Ace
I wouldn't put too much confidence in that website, since it de facto aggregates the most popular sets for a given character, as opposed to the best one's.

Last edited:

XOSugar

Smash Cadet
After watching the DITCIT guide, I'm confused. How do you get the items in hand from the B-charge? If I throw it, it disappears before I can reach it with the exception of the cherry and apple.

BSP

Smash Legend
After watching the DITCIT guide, I'm confused. How do you get the items in hand from the B-charge? If I throw it, it disappears before I can reach it with the exception of the cherry and apple.
Cherry: throw, walk, and pick it up
Strawberry: throw, walk, pick it up
Orange: have it charged, then plant a hydrant. You need to throw the orange at your hydrant while you are in the air, drifting towards you hydrant. If you do it correctly, you can make it to the fruit in time for a recatch. Alternatively, the Key recatch strategies work with the orange too.
Apple: throw it at a hydrant water spurt, or throw it at the hydrant while you're drifting and falling towards it
Melon: run after it once you throw. You can catch up to it and catch it.
Galaxian: run after it once you throw it and recatch it after it does its shuttle loop
Bell: walk up and grab it after throwing it
Key: this one is complicated. There's a Key recatch guide somewhere. I may fish it out later.

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
Cherry: throw, walk, and pick it up
Strawberry: throw, walk, pick it up
Orange: have it charged, then plant a hydrant. You need to throw the orange at your hydrant while you are in the air, drifting towards you hydrant. If you do it correctly, you can make it to the fruit in time for a recatch. Alternatively, the Key recatch strategies work with the orange too.
Apple: throw it at a hydrant water spurt, or throw it at the hydrant while you're drifting and falling towards it
Melon: run after it once you throw. You can catch up to it and catch it.
Galaxian: run after it once you throw it and recatch it after it does its shuttle loop
Bell: walk up and grab it after throwing it
Key: this one is complicated. There's a Key recatch guide somewhere. I may fish it out later.

there's also learning to catch it from hitting an opponent or there shield and possibly slopes depending on the stage.

as for the key guide, its from PepeSpain, he shows a method for getting the key on every legal and most if not all omega's

D

Deleted member

Since I prefer to learn what I do with Pac-Man rather than copying someone else, I'm just going to post a gimp.
falling f-air, short hop f-air, falling u-air
The beginning of the u-air should send them towards the blastzone farther than a f-air, think of it as a weak Ganon u-air.
This works best at higher percents where you don't have to hold back your momentum after the first f-air.

Top Bottom