• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Stamina Melee RG (Current Version 1.00)

Mega Fan

Smash Cadet
Hello Smashboards users, it has been some time since I posted anything, but now I've finally got my act together and created something that you might find mildly interesting.
Introducing, Stamina Melee RG! This mod aims to give the player a close to authentic experience of what melee would be like as a traditional fighter. Of course, this takes advantage of the game's built-in stamina mode, so the aim of this mod was to improve the playability of stamina mode so that you can battle as though Melee was built on stamina.

Note: All patch files will be in the .xdelta format, if you don't have the patcher go here. Goes over NTSC version 1.02 of course.
v1.00
(Works on console w/Nintendont; If you got an xdelta checksum error in the past, read the comment at the bottom of this post!)

Features Include:
Boot to stamina mode
200HP battles
SSBM v1.00 hitlag restored (Can't SDI moves that do 1% or lower)
Removal of spot dodge
L cancel window is now 11 frames
Longer hitstun duration
Base hitstun is 6 frames
Base shield stun is 4 frames
Hold A+B on reset to salty runback
Removal of rapid jabs
Better stamina death animation
Fixed polling drift
UCF v0.73
And more...

With a new look on the Stage Select Screen, it is easy to see all of the "tournament legal" stages, as they are all on the left (and they have a star next to their names). They even show you the dimensions of the stage!

GONE01-1.png

The 6 starred stages have been modded to have no blastzones, and have wall boundaries on their sides so that you get a better stamina experience. After all, who ever heard of getting gimped in a traditional fighter? Of course, you could always play on the regular tournament legal stages if that suits you better.

Of course, more features have been added to improve the stamina experience including:
  • The whole cast gets yoshi shield mechanics (which allows cast-wide parry mechanics)
  • Increased duration to reflect projectiles with powershield (now 9 frames and reflected projectiles aren't weaker)
  • The ability to tech grabs
  • Hold L upon selecting a stage to play an alternate character (Zelda -> Female Wireframe, Falcon -> Male Wireframe, Bowser -> Giga Bowser, ICs -> Sopo)

Feel free to let me know some things you might want in later patches.

Roster balance, add a working timer, make Giga Bowser work with stamina, better parry sound and graphic

Utility Credits: DRGN (Melee Code Manager, DAT Texture Wizard), Ploaj (HSD Raw Viewer), SSS Notes 4 [I don't remember who made this],

Asset Credits: Dan Salvato for 20XX Training Hack Pack assets (Stage Select stuff, a few stages as well)

Code Credits: UnclePunch and tauKhan for Yoshi shield mechanics, Punkline for tech grabs, Dan Salvato for UCF, PyotrLuzhin for the CSS alternate characters, Achilles for disable rapid jabs

And credits to Nintendo for making Melee, the modding scene and shoutouts to the Melee scene for being super cool.

So update on all of this, I don't think I patched this with the vanilla 1.02 version of melee which is why there was a checksum error all this time so I added the updated file now that I've realized my error. The link for the download should work fine.

Last edited:

BlayzeEmAll

Smash Rookie
NNID
AsceBlayze
I love the idea of this mod I've dreamt of a mod like this for like 4/5 years lmao I can't wait to play, but I'm having a problem patching it. I'm using v1.02 but I get the error
Xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_Invalid_Input

Mega Fan

Smash Cadet
I love the idea of this mod I've dreamt of a mod like this for like 4/5 years lmao I can't wait to play, but I'm having a problem patching it. I'm using v1.02 but I get the error
Xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_Invalid_Input
I'd like to help with this, but I don't use smashboards too often anymore. I saw you mentioned me on twitter, so dm me there and I'll help to work it out.

Top Bottom