• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stale moves - This aint brawl!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
What happens with moves being staled in teams? I think I've staled Falcon's knee to the point where it actually doesn't break them out of a grab, anyone know why (or was I somehow getting phantom sweetspot knees consistently)

Magus420

Smash Master
What happens with moves being staled in teams? I think I've staled Falcon's knee to the point where it actually doesn't break them out of a grab, anyone know why (or was I somehow getting phantom sweetspot knees consistently)
When you hit someone being held in a grab it does 1/2 damage. If the hit then does less than 6.00 damage it won't break the grab. The knee does 18% fresh, so it'd need to be staled to 0.66x or weaker to do less than 6 damage after 0.5x grab multiplier and not break the grab.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Sorry in advanced if it's already been answered in this topic.

How long is the move queue in melee for stale moves, is it nine like in brawl? Is the system for it different completely?

Top Bottom