• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Staggering! Flame Stag's Tournament Reports (Mega Man Tournament Results)

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Maybe in Kamemushi's case, japan has learned the matchup?
I don't know, i don't want to say i doubt Kamemushi's skill but i never saw him going against Mario, Fox, or Rosalina, neither do i know if they have any of those characters at the level of Ally, Larry Lurr or Dabuz in japan.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Patch 1.1.6, smash 4 mechanics and people are leveling out in skills. You randomly lose games in this game its not like other fighting games like that. There is recent sets on youtube were Kameumushi beats Filips Mario

Last edited:

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
6/24/2015
7th (pools in CEO)
28 players in my pool
Singles

Hey guys. I'm not really well known at all. I did attend CEO though. Didn't make it out of pools unfortunately. Got 7th in my pool. No idea how that places in general for the whole tournament. Lost to VoiD in winner's round 2 and then in loser's round 5 to Snakeee (Rosalina from NY). I was hoping to get anything but 5th/7th but i'm not mad about my losses. VoiD is just a beast. I only managed to get a stock off of him. Sheik is scary :p. As for Snakeee, that was the closest set of my life but i could have had it. She edged it out over me though. None of my sets were on stream unfortunately but oh well. Not super happy about my placing but there is always next time! If you guys want to see the bracket, here is the link: https://smash.gg/tournament/ceo-2016/brackets/11789/12882/153237

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
JesusMorpheus JesusMorpheus you have sny video of your mega man so I can see what you have :)
I only have one recent video of me. It's of me getting bopped by Prince Ramen lmao. Haven't been on stream since then.
Here's the link if you wanna see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdacvniyLNA
I don't have much to show for besides my results at my local scene since i am hardly ever on stream. I also don't play as aggressive as i used to like in this set. Playing Ramen and VoiD has taught me to really take my time with certain MUs so i'm glad for that

Last edited:

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Good to hear that you came to that conclusion, I played like that before as well. Like how you play when you wanna body a lesser player by playing very aggresive. Playing mega man reactive is the way to go. When I understood that is when I started to win alot more. Ramen is very good so trying to overwhelm a player like that with Mega Mans many unsafe options is gonna end badly in most cases. Otherwise you had a good MM so looks like fundamentals is what gonna make the big difference.

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
Besides having to work on playing a bit more slowly, i need to make sure crash bomber doesn't come out when i try to b reverse metal blade. Every time it happened in that set, i cringed because i knew what i wanted there but it didn't happen like i wanted it to. That day was also the first i had heard of Ramen so besides knowing how to DI her down throw more or less, i went in clueless so that didn't help. I look forward to playing him again someday

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
That fail b reverse MB that comes out as a crash bomber happens to me alot as well. Esp online lol. Just reacting to approaches and going for pellet knockbacks. Everytime i get a knockback I go ham then in neutral I play super safe and fish for a pellet counter hit.

Last edited:

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
I did that a lot yesterday to one of the better diddy's at my local. I never played so safe until then. Games 2 and 3 almost went to time as well and he was visibly nervous so i knew the pellets were getting to him. Add on the fact that i platformed camped while he tried getting in with banana and i could tell he was frustrated. He got desperate in the end and JC tossed the banana and he landed right in front of my shield and i got a back throw. Was super satisfying to say the least. Can't believe i would go and try to kill early back then. Forcing approaches is way more fun lmao

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Yes Diddy Kong struggles vs this tactic so much. His appeoaches with aerials gets beaten with backwards sh pellets. We also mess him up recovering with monkey flip with Up air. going low next time? LS wants a word then

Snakeee

Smash Master
6/24/2015
7th (pools in CEO)
28 players in my pool
Singles

Hey guys. I'm not really well known at all. I did attend CEO though. Didn't make it out of pools unfortunately. Got 7th in my pool. No idea how that places in general for the whole tournament. Lost to VoiD in winner's round 2 and then in loser's round 5 to Snakeee (Rosalina from NY). I was hoping to get anything but 5th/7th but i'm not mad about my losses. VoiD is just a beast. I only managed to get a stock off of him. Sheik is scary :p. As for Snakeee, that was the closest set of my life but i could have had it. She edged it out over me though. None of my sets were on stream unfortunately but oh well. Not super happy about my placing but there is always next time! If you guys want to see the bracket, here is the link: https://smash.gg/tournament/ceo-2016/brackets/11789/12882/153237
That was a great set, and the closest of my life. Hope to get the chance to play you again~ ^_^ . (Yes I still occasionally name search after all these years XD )

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Kamemushi
EVO 2016
July 15-16
2nd out of 2637 entrants

Lets go my boiz! That man Kamemushi aka "Call Me Mega God" is something else.

Last edited:

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
Kamemushi
Umebura S.A.T.
August 20-21
4th out of 97 entrants

Congrats to Kamemushi getting 4th at Umebura S.A.T.! This was a super stacked event so I'm glad he made it as far as he did. He had some great sets so i encourage you guys to go check them out, especially against Mr.R, Dabuz, and Taiheita!

https://smash.gg/tournament/umebura-s-a-t-1/brackets/13508/62707/202657

Here is the bracket if you want to see it

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
He footstooled Shiek at 46%, killed her at 61% in Game 1, and almost 2 stocked her in Game 2. Kameme is the one and only Mega Man player that makes me feel confident enough that he'll beat anyone that uses Shiek and that Mega Man actually has the advantage over Shiek when we all know that's not exactly how the match up is for us. I need to know what it is about him and his Mega Man that make me feel that way. Maybe it's the bad*** vibe that I get from him.

Megamang

Smash Lord
I won the amatuer bracket at Show Me Your Moves 17 today. Not that relevant, but it felt good and i wanted to share.

Top Bottom