• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Staggering! Flame Stag's Tournament Reports (Mega Man Tournament Results)

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Congratulations Scatt!

Well, from what i read, i guess he had to face Mr. R and lost, but still, way to represent Megaman.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
7th place at MLG is a great result, especially for a mid-tier like Megs. :)
I want to see the matches for myself and see how he lost to Mr. R as Sorichuudo Sorichuudo pointed out. Who does Mr. R main anyway?

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Mr R is a really good sheik.

ScAtt77 ScAtt77 great job repping mega man!

Any thoughts from the tournament? Also who were your losses against and how did you feel about those matchups?

uncaDon

Smash Cadet
GJ Scatt we need to show the naysayers that Megaman can play with the big boys

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Thanks for the love guys. Mr. R is potentially the 2nd best Sheik in the world, only behind Zero himself really (maybe Vinnie too). I was absolutely murdered by his Sheik, which is what I expected lol. However, it definitely was a refresher on why I believed it was MM's worst match up

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Thanks for the love guys. Mr. R is potentially the 2nd best Sheik in the world, only behind Zero himself really (maybe Vinnie too). I was absolutely murdered by his Sheik, which is what I expected lol. However, it definitely was a refresher on why I believed it was MM's worst match up
Don't sweat over the loss, man. The fact that you made it in Top 8 with Mega Man in MLG is a victory in of itself. :)
Oh, and you got a short page on the Smash Wiki: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smasher:ScAtt

D

Deleted member

Biggest regards, man. Super proud of you!

glenn

Smash Cadet
Yeah, we are all super proud of seeing you in top 8; personally, it totally made my weekend. That up-tilt read on game 5 versus Sonic was incredible.

...But that Lylat Stage jank. I was actually yelling at my computer when that happened. Felt so bad for you. I was interested in your Roy pick. Do you feel he has a better matchup versus Sheik?

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Yeah, we are all super proud of seeing you in top 8; personally, it totally made my weekend. That up-tilt read on game 5 versus Sonic was incredible.

...But that Lylat Stage jank. I was actually yelling at my computer when that happened. Felt so bad for you. I was interested in your Roy pick. Do you feel he has a better matchup versus Sheik?
Are there any videos on youtube, or a place to re-watch the stream? I really want to see Scatt's matches :(

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
Used only Megaman

got knocked out by a Ness and MK(how do you fight this character lol) but stayed Megaman the entire time so yeah

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
So I went to a tourneyand for the first round I played Ness and Mario and for the second round I played Ness but lost to a Sheik on game 1 game 2 I played Megaman against the same Sheik and I won and last game I played Pit and lost to Captain Falcon...

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So I went to a tourneyand for the first round I played Ness and Mario and for the second round I played Ness but lost to a Sheik on game 1 game 2 I played Megaman against the same Sheik and I won and last game I played Pit and lost to Captain Falcon...

Sneak, i think you are supposed to say the name of the tournament, number of entrants and your position.
Also don't take this the wrong way, but use some commas, i'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you said ^^"

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Rumble in the Tundra 5, 64 player singes tournament
http://challonge.com/rumble5smash4

5th place (my tournament tag is BugDoctor)

Went Mega Man the whole way through, was put into loser's bracket by a crazy Olimar who was amazing at micromanagement, and then put out of the tourney by a ROB player.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Just watched Scatts most recent tournament on youtube. All I have to say is OMG. No-one is even close now to his Mega.
The winners final set vs Fatality is just destruction.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Just watched Scatts most recent tournament on youtube. All I have to say is OMG. No-one is even close now to his Mega.
The winners final set vs Fatality is just destruction.
Can i ask you to post some videos in the video thread? That would be great-o.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Last edited:

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
ScAtt in top 16 at Pound! Loser side. Will play Larry Lurr. Lost 1-2 against Void in winners. Lets go!!

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Oh yeah, sometimes forgot we have a result thread. Not that we use it that much anyways haha
Still, might as well post this here:
Smash Legacy Wii U singles- Around 55 entrants, 17th place.
Beat :4zss:, lost to :4yoshi:, beat :4sheik:/:4yoshi:, beat :4sheik: then lost to :rosalina: to get eliminated.
STILL Getting the hang of Rosaluma now, still tough but i think its doable.

Smash Legacy Wii U Amateur Bracket(side event we did the next day were everyone who didn't get into top 16 could take part)- around 20 entrants(some W.O.s), 5th place.

Beat :4cloud:, beat :4lucina:, lost to :4lucario: then lost to :4sonic: to get eliminated.
Lucario is tricky, neither me nor the opponent had much MU experience, and looking back i let him come back to stage for free a lot, still interested in playing this MU more.

So is Momocon going on already? Top 32 will be tomorrow, is that it?

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Top 32 is finished and top 8 will resume tomorrow. Unfortunately though, ScAtt got eliminated and finished outside of top 16. He was having issues with his wii remote+nun chunk and had to post pone a couple of matches. I know ScAtt is comfortable with his current controller option, but I think he might need to consider a wired controller like the gcc. Some tournaments don't even allow wireless controllers and I love seeing ScAtt play whenever he is on stream or watch a recorded match that I didn't get to see yet.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Yeah, that sucks.
We were having a few troubles with pro controllers around here too, our TO's are working around ways to solve it without banning Pro controllers/3ds, a GC controler and wii u adapter is certainly not cheap around here so we have to do what we can haha.
Well, hope i can at least watch the top 8 tomorrow.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Yes he lost to Fatality, no shame in that since Scatt had his number on most occasions for awhile now.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Yeah, that sucks.
We were having a few troubles with pro controllers around here too, our TO's are working around ways to solve it without banning Pro controllers/3ds, a GC controler and wii u adapter is certainly not cheap around here so we have to do what we can haha.
Well, hope i can at least watch the top 8 tomorrow.
Pro controllers have a little hole with a recessed button which completely desyncs them. Buy a box of toothpicks for a dollar, and let everyone know that if there's any problem on a setup, the last wireless user on that setup gets DQ'd. It's very simple. Other competitive games manage wireless accessories without issue. Some people just need a little discipline.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Pro controllers have a little hole with a recessed button which completely desyncs them. Buy a box of toothpicks for a dollar, and let everyone know that if there's any problem on a setup, the last wireless user on that setup gets DQ'd. It's very simple. Other competitive games manage wireless accessories without issue. Some people just need a little discipline.
HAHAHAHA that little hole besides the screw in the middle is actually a button then?
Thanks a ton man, will tell this to everyone around here. I am NOT kidding, i had no idea about this and i'm pretty sure no one around does either.

EDIT: Aaaand just tested it and its the same as the red desynch button, i press it and the controller indeed shuts down, but if i press any button it turns on in the same setup.

Still going to suggest the DQ for repeated offenders.

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
You're right, I was misinformed. That is a RESET button for the controller. I could have sworn there was a way to make it forget its pairing besides going through the WiiU settings. I'll play around with it later and let you know if I find a way. But yeah, offenders should be DQ'd, I wouldn't even give them a warning. Most Pro Controller users around here remove the battery and use USB for power during their matches. I just handle mine like a faberge egg when I'm between matches.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
That game 2 against FOW was crazy. ScAtt getting the double spike at 11% then FOW landing a PK thuder to launch himself towards ScAtt moments after was insane. There was even one point where ScAtt tried to pull off the Kamemushi footstool combo, but was unsuccessful though.

Man, I'm starting to really dislike Mega Man going up against Fox at a top level. Every time I see ScAtt about to go up against Larry Lurr (who is a phenomenal player btw), I cringe because I know what is about to happen. That first stock of game 1 in particular was not pretty to say the least and it made me cry like an anime fan on prom night. :crying:

Just when I start to think Fox is no longer Mega Man's worst mu and then see this, I start rethinking to myself if that truly is the case. It's either Shiek or Fox at this point. Mario is a huge pain to deal with, but is manageable due to him being an All-Around character except for the fact that he's Mr. Frame Data himself (to me at least).

Judging from how the bracket looks for ScAtt, I'd say he has a good chance to win 2 sets tomorrow before...Yeah, anyway, let's go ScAtt!

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Getting hit way to much coming down against Larry, probably scared of going for the ledge because he got owned there the last time.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Yeah, that's kind of what it seemed liked to me as well. It didn't take until late of game 2 for ScAtt to finally play the mu correctly, but it was too little too late at that point. Larry Lurr is in his head and I hope the next time they face off, that won't be the case. He even plugged in a CPU Mega Man at a low level while playing as Falco in training mode. Pound 2016 was a back and forth set between these 2 and ever since then, Larry has had his number.

ScAtt SHOULD HAVE won against Hyuga today as he was up 2-0 and had to fall back on Battlefield as his counter pick for 2 games just in case. Instead, he started to make unnecessary mistakes and ended up getting caught in Tink's bomb setups.

Getting off topic a little bit, but I would like to say real quick that is WHAT THE **** KAMEMUSHI! You got 17th at your last tournament that you went to and the tournament before that, you sandbagged so hard that you didn't even make it out of pools. All of that was after you said that you'll win EVO 2016 with Mega Man. If you don't get your **** together and play like you did when you took Japan by storm, you'll be lucky to make it to the 2nd day at EVO; which is a tournament that will have over 2,000 entrants might I add.

Top Bottom