• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stages with platforms are K.Rool's worst enemy....

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
god help you if you get put up against a quicker character or a projectile heavy character in such a scenario....

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Idk man K.Rool's ^B is a kill move if anyone gets trapped above you (on platforms). Imo platforms may give him an advantage!
The Tomodachi Life Stage certainly wasn't an advantage in a match up i played against pichu

while yes platforms can give him somewhat of an advantage that isn't always the case and for whatever reason maybe I'm just the worst but Platform's really mess me up something fierce

more so if i play against a character who can run circles around me

if it's just two platforms then i can overlook it but more than that and it can turn into a stupid chase sequence(again that Life Mansion involved so many drop-downs that most of the game wasn't even a game to begin with....)

Last edited:

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
Quicker characters and projectile heavy characters are a nightmare for krool, more so if they are able to use platforms to their advantage. The issue I see when playing krool on such stages (correct me if I am wrong) is that krool doesn’t really have any good and quick option to pull out when on a platform. Bair off platform has a small window to be performed, nair and fair have a slow startup. Being *on* a platform can be messy, while if your opponent is on a platform you have quite the kit to annoy him: upsmash on a roll read, uptilt which has a good range, up air if on the top platform, and if you are away from the opponent you can always use projectiles to keep him on the platform/in the air.
This is my two cents on the issue, I am still learning and looking for new ways to use the kroko...

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Personally I've found platform stages to be kind of favorable when using the Blunderbuss Suck -> Fall through platform or the Up Throw Kill Option. Perhaps Hazardless Smashville. I feel like the options haven't been explored enough imo.

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
Personally I've found platform stages to be kind of favorable when using the Blunderbuss Suck -> Fall through platform or the Up Throw Kill Option. Perhaps Hazardless Smashville. I feel like the options haven't been explored enough imo.
What’s the upthrow kill option? The up throw up b ladder?

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
What’s the upthrow kill option? The up throw up b ladder?
Either that or the Up Throw killing there and then, whatever happens first.

You can also Short Hop Up Aerial to ladder up the platforms on Battlefield. It's some interesting movement and the endlag just disappears thanks to the new mechanics. I don't think K. Rool's movement has been analyzed enough.

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
I am not a fan of juggling with upair to be honest, I come from melee and I still have to get used to the mechanics of landing. I would really love to see frame data and hitboxes, I am curious to see the coverage up air has.

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
I am not a fan of juggling with upair to be honest, I come from melee and I still have to get used to the mechanics of landing. I would really love to see frame data and hitboxes, I am curious to see the coverage up air has.
You don't really need to juggle, it's just useful movement that can let you steal a platform quite easily.

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
You don't really need to juggle, it's just useful movement that can let you steal a platform quite easily.
Thanks, I will try to play it on training a little and get used to platform control. Having not so many options when on a platform means we have to be particularly good when on platforms and know our weaknesses as krool mains.

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Thanks, I will try to play it on training a little and get used to platform control. Having not so many options when on a platform means we have to be particularly good when on platforms and know our weaknesses as krool mains.
I believe Short Hop Up Aerial nabs you the platform almost every time, and if they decide to retreat to the ledge or something you can Blunderbuss Suck back down to nab them. There's definitely some flow you can do here.

Top Bottom