• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages for 3.5 Pit

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I definitely think small stages are good because with the up-air/up-B nerfs the low % KOs and edgeguards become even more important.

Scizor44

Smash Rookie
I think that large stages are the best for Pit. His neutral game is pretty bad right now, so his best option is to camp with arrows imo. Also, one of the only things he retains from 3.02 is his godlike recovery.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Well I think at this point we have to be concrete because the general rules don't seem to fit here. I think camping with arrows is fine against a multitude of charaters, while it proves inefficient against characters with better projectiles. Even if arrow camping is a strong strategy against other characters, I don't really think large stages gain you that much of a benefit here. After all, the target for the opponent is always to reach the critical distance at which it is too risky for Pit to shoot an arrow while it is not possible for Pit yet to punish them for going so close. To reach this distance via dashing and spot dodging arrows should also be next to no problem. You might have a point for slow characters with inferior or no projectile, but inmost cases arrow camping is more of a bait than a full strategy.

Scizor44

Smash Rookie
Not many characters have projectiles better than pit, and those matchups are so bad that you might as well just pick a different character. Also, the changes to Pit make moves like uair have low early knockback, but high scaling knockback. This makes it very advantageous to pick a larger stage.

Top Bottom