• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Striking

FanGoH

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0717-4583-9400
Hi, I've been competing in online tournaments since Ultimate came out, and, I have been dealing with stage striking and "the official protocol" (I guess), but I have never really understanded it, so, I came here If anyone here could lend me a hand explaining (or redirecting me) for a better comprehension of the process.

Also, which are the questions that I should make myself for this?, The only "rule" that I've made up for myself is: Don't play Young Link on FD stages (I think that his projectiles benefit from a flat layout). So, I wanted to ask too about the characteristics that I should look in a stage

Thank you

DDRC

Smash Apprentice
If you're holding online tourneys basically just go hazards off and choose any stage that is flat/has 3 platforms, has no walkoffs or any common sense exploitable stuff. Also i personally think the young link ban should not take effect because idk that just seems kind of dumb and discourages people from playing a character that isnt even necessarily broken. Also just watch kiras tutorial linked here> https://youtu.be/YePIBypk_DI its designed for melee but works in all smash games and is the best rundown of stage striking i could find online. (Ps: using stage striking will completely counteract the point of having to ban characters on stages because losing player can counterpick a bad stage for young link EX: young link main pick fd and wins, loser can counterpick a stage where young link has a disadvantage and win.)

Top Bottom