• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage strikes against other characters

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
What stage(s) should I ban against the other top-tier and mid-tiers? What stages should I look forward to against them?

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
KirinKQP KirinKQP
IMO, always ban FD. It's her worst stage because their aren't platforms to do rest traps and you can barely edge cancel to regain your jumps so your movement becomes more predictable.

Always CP to DL or FoD (if they ban DL)

rivers

Smash Cadet
I pretty much always try to go to Battlefield game one.

Fox: Really depends on the Fox. Use game one to figure it out. If they like going in a lot, ban yoshi's. If they're on the campy I ban either FD or Stadium. I usually ban FD but they're both **** for you so pick your poison.

Falco: I ban Yoshi's pretty much always.

Marth: I ban yoshi's or FD. I tend to lean on banning yoshi's though.

Sheik: I get rid of Yoshis or FOD, but I just hate FOD. That being said the side blast zones on FOD are **** so that's why I'm lumping it in with Yoshi's. Most sheiks won't take you there anyway.

puff: dreamland.

Falcon: Stadium or Yoshi's, both are kinda poop but it's up to you.

ICs: FD. No platforms make everything a pain in the ass for you.

Peach: I ban Dreamland. Yeah I live forever too but man I got **** to do, I'm not trying to run a match to 00:28.

Pika: either stadium or yoshi's.

Samus: I ban FOD, I suppose DL could make things annoying too though, so follow your dreams.

Facading

Smash Apprentice
FD is criminally underrated at low-mid level. You're going to get camped out by projectile based characters BUT at low-mid level people trying to circle camp struggle without having platforms to run away. I only ever ban it vs Icies or a really good fox

Top Bottom