• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Select! - Stage Discussion Thread

Rucent

Only strive for first place.
The only advantage we have is that there's a weird glitch that causes Kirby's UpB to miss grabbing the ledge.

Outside of that though, he can duck on the weird slants which makes him harder to hit.
Is there video of this? I'm very interested, since I never seen this sort of glitch happen.

And I never thought about how effective crouches are with the tilting. This opens up quite a lot. Thank you for the knowledge drop.

How about versus Cloud? I know it's a good stage for Cloud stage control wise (not so much ledge wise).

:093:
I feel like Cloud likes this stage for the same reason Little Mac likes it, despite how Cloud is superior. Small side blast zones, the awkward slants on the ledge helping down tilt & down smash, platform coverage with strong and safe (if spaced correctly) moves, and how small the stage compared to their run speeds. They don't care about recovery as much as they know it's already terrible, with the exception of Limit Clim Hazard. Forcing Cloud offstage is already a hassle unless they mis-space terribly. I'd strike this stage against those two.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The only advantage we have is that there's a weird glitch that causes Kirby's UpB to miss grabbing the ledge.

Outside of that though, he can duck on the weird slants which makes him harder to hit.

How about versus Cloud? I know it's a good stage for Cloud stage control wise (not so much ledge wise).

:093:
I just fight :4cloud: on large stages.

:018:

Last edited:

Rucent

Hey everyone! Rucent here.
We just finished one rotation of the stage list! Hype!

To continue discussions, let's head back to Smashville.
Let's talk more about what match ups Sonic should ban or pick this stage against.

Last edited:

Rucent

//REVIVING THIS THREAD. Sorry for double post Senpai

Hey everyone!

Due to schooling and personal endeavors, I was not able to consistently dedicate time to creating more content for us all to utilize since September. My apologies. However, with my current schedule, I am now able to allocate time to keep Stage Select and the Book of Match Ups going while working on their video adaptations.

Back to discussion, I am going to talk about these characters: :4bayonetta::4cloud2::4diddy::4sheik::4lucario::4megaman::4corrinf:

These characters are known for giving Sonic mains a run for their money, whether or not they know the match up in-depth.

I would like to hear your thoughts on what stages to prioritize banning against these characters, which ones you'd take them to, and why.

Last edited:
Top Bottom