• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Morph Combos

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I’m seeing a lot of people saying the same thing, that stage morph was something we didn’t know we wanted but now that it’s in it’s fantastic. With 103 stages to choose from there's so many different combination possibilities. Of course any two stages can be put together in this mode, but some stages seem like they're meant to coexist. Do you have any super cool ideas on what two stages you’re gonna combine? Here are some of my ideas.

Peach’s Castle 64/Princess Peach's Castle (Melee) - How the 64 stage works is that the castle is in the background, so it would be like the fight transitions from the sky to the ground (semi-ground seeing as they're on the rooftop).

Hyrule Castle/Hyrule Temple - Two stages that serve very similar purposes in their respective games; they're large and represent Zelda well. Together at last.

Hyrule Castle/Saffron City - My two favorite N64 stages meet. I remember people making combinations of these two in the stage builder that were pretty fun but usually insanely big.

Kalos Pokemon League/Hyrule Temple - For some reason this stage reminds me of the Zelda portion of Melee's Adventure mode, so it can serve as the underground with Temple on top.

Dream Land GB/Fountain of Dreams - Start with the classic Game Boy screen and ultimately transition to gorgeous HD visuals.

Saffron or New Donk City/Wrecking Crew - Transition through different portions of the city of your choice including a construction site.

Smashville/Tortimer Island - This hearkens back to the Animal Island GBA gimmick from the Gamecube version; considering that game is still my favorite of the series, this just makes me smile :)

I can't wait to hear everybody else's ideas. Trying to think of a stage that syncs up well with Dracula's Castle.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Mushroom Kingdom 64/Green Hill - The classic Mario vs Sonic rivalry. Yoshi's Island (Melee)/Green Hill could work as well for dat SNES vs Genesis effect
New Donk City/75m - Past vs Present
Tomodachi Life/Living Room - The Living Room could be one of the rooms in Tomodachi Life I guess
Palutena's Temple/Great Cave Offensive - just for the sheer insanity

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Bridge of eldin to Gerudo Valley

bridge of eldin to Hyrule Castle

Pirate Ship to Great bay

Skyloft to Temple

Peach’s castle to princess peach’s castle

princess peach’s castles rainbow cruise

Mushroom kingdom to mushroom kingdom 2

Brinstar depths to brinstar

Corneria to Venom

75m to Mario bros

Onett to fourside

Mario Circuit to Rainbow road ( if it gets in)

Last edited:

PyroPancakes

Smash Cadet
When your friend's step away to the next room: Battlefield to Hanenbow
Haha, you’re evil.

Hyrule Castle -> Great Plateau Tower

Peach’s Castle 64 -> New Donk City Hall

New Donk City Hall -> New Pork City

Yoshi’s Woolly World -> Dracula’s Castle

Magicant -> Skyworld

Castle Siege -> Reset Bomb Forest

Smashville -> Town and City

Wuhu Island -> Pilotwings

Unova Pokémon League -> Kalos Pokémon League

I also think picking random would be fun

Last edited:

ExceptionalBeasts

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zoologist1
Liking a lot of ideas. Here are a few of mine.
Fourside -> Saffron City, as the city changes from day to night. The layouts are kind of similar with two side buildings with larger main building, so I think the fight would stay organic.

Mario Bros. -> Brinstar Depths, because I think Mario Bros.' layout would make it incredibly difficult to get onto the main level of Brinstar with the hard platforms, so when the stage transitioned it would be fun as a mad dash between everyone to get to center stage.

Mushroom Kingdom II -> Shadow Moses Island, for similar reasons. When the walls go up, I feel like only the small central platform will be safe, like a temporary king of the hill mode.

Norfair -> Summit was one shown on the options screen, and I like the thematic contrast between fire and ice.

Corneria -> Venom, for one cohesive Great Fox stage.

Pirate Ship -> Tortimer Island, because it creates a bit of a narrative and isn't far off from what Pirate Ship does on its own anyway.

Battlefield -> Big Battlefield. We don't have a stage that shrinks and grows, do we? I think it'll be fun, especially if you change it to happen like every 15 seconds.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Fountain of Dreams / Dream Land 64: Both are neutral stages and have a lot of History in competitive play

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
If Stage Builder returns and is compatible with stage morph, I'm going to have a blast with them.

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Final Destination to The Great Cave Offensive.

I have no idea how this will possibly work; I just know that it’s evil and I want to see the aftermath of the morph.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Norfair -> Summit was one shown on the options screen, and I like the thematic contrast between fire and ice.

Pirate Ship -> Tortimer Island, because it creates a bit of a narrative and isn't far off from what Pirate Ship does on its own anyway.
Loved this 2

Castle siege ---> Dracula Castle .
Castlevania.

Reset Forest ---> Dracula Castle.
Journey to the castle.

Mushroomy Kingdom --> Gerudo Valley
Desert transition

Rainbow Cruise ---> Peach castle 64
Cloud transition.

Pirate Ship ---> Termina bay
Similar to the tortimer island one.

Jungle hyjinx ---> Pirate Ship