• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Model Part Remover/Texture Re-placer

N0XXKATT

Smash Cadet
Here's a program that could help everyone out, at least a little bit. It removes parts of stages (just zero's out the section that loads the model) could be useful to the community until stage modding becomes a thing.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/d6ozvdh91dbpx/Model_Editor

*note: Still works as a standalone program, feel free to dl and use it in ur mod.

happy modding - Mio

Edit: This is by no means a perfect program, but works for most of the stages without issues.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
I've thought about adding this as a feature for characters before, but since it's already pretty easy using the method in my Advanced Costume Hacks thread (are you using a similar method in your program?), it didn't seem like a big benefit. If others think they'd really like it I might still go ahead and do it though. I've actually just recently been working on an update to DTW, and also some better tools for working on DAT files. May still be a while 'til I can get around to finishing/uploading them though; Melee hacking has been pretty slow for me for a while, and there haven't been many requests.

You might want to edit the thread title to better reflect what this is btw, or else people may be overlooking it.

N0XXKATT

Smash Cadet
Yup very similar, just for stages, and ik there isnt much on stages for melee since the modding community has only been at it for a little bit, and in my opinion(take it with a grain of salt) if u add a section for removing parts, u can divide it into character/stage and then the people can choose what they want(aka for convenience). If its not something you're keeping secret, what did you mean by tools? (im just curious, if u can't say thats not a problem with me at all xD, and ill edit the title i just needed your attention and wanted to ask if u could so it was more accessible to everyone). Good to hear DTW is still developing :D

DRGN

Technowizard
The tool is basically a completely new method for parsing DAT files for the Structural Analysis tab in DTW. The original method was very primitive, both in the organization and framework of the code itself and the way it worked, which was by looking for specific, known structures and known pointers within them. That's why it only works for characters, and doesn't show all file structures. The new method is far more structured and robust; it breaks down the whole DAT file into every individual file struct and links them all together, without needing prior knowledge of the specific structure of the file. It's a more advanced rewrite of the framework of a DAT analysis tool I posted here.

Top Bottom