• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage legality

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Now that you choose the stage before the fighter, will some stages be finally legals ?

I mean Castle Siege isn't because "there are statues that block projectiles". But if we choose the stage before the fighter, then we will have to change our fighter to adapting to the structure of the stage.
I think this is something great. I have enough of seeing the same stages over and over again. Be more diverse, competitive part of the fandom.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Wait, we do what now? I didn't know this. It seems kinda weird that you'd choose a stage before you'd choose your fighter. I'd play as Robin regardless of what stage I would play on, even if it happened to give me a disadvantage. I wouldn't mind sprucing it up a little and choosing different stages for a change, but choosing a stage BEFORE you choose a fighter? That's gonna take some time to get used to.

D

Deleted member

Wait, we do what now? I didn't know this. It seems kinda weird that you'd choose a stage before you'd choose your fighter. I'd play as Robin regardless of what stage I would play on, even if it happened to give me a disadvantage. I wouldn't mind sprucing it up a little and choosing different stages for a change, but choosing a stage BEFORE you choose a fighter? That's gonna take some time to get used to.
Yea, I played the demo, you pick the stage first. It may take some getting used to. I kinda like the change tbh

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Yea, I played the demo, you pick the stage first. It may take some getting used to. I kinda like the change tbh
Makes sense. I've never played the demo, so I wouldn't know. I guess it's a nice change of pace, but I wouldn't mind there being a toggle.

D

Deleted member

Makes sense. I've never played the demo, so I wouldn't know. I guess it's a nice change of pace, but I wouldn't mind there being a toggle.
True. Maybe they will add a toggle? I guess we will see.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I dont know... is that change really really relevant..?
I mean.. if you are going to play a serious match not wanting interferences from the scenario or items, you will just select a simple plan stage, like Omega stages, and these stages have no difference between them. If you are going to play stages with movable plataforms, or with items.. you are probably just playing for fun.
I really don't know, for me, select the stage before or after is just irrelevant. I dont play the game in a super serious competitive way for this to be a relevant thing to me that could make me change my characer, so I would like to know if it can really change things for some others.
It actually doesnt bother me, and if it only brings more strategy possibilities for some players, I'm totally ok with that.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I doubt anything will change. Even with a roster of 100+ stages, AND a hazard toggle, I'm sure there will only be a handful of legal stages.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I doubt anything will change. Even with a roster of 100+ stages, AND a hazard toggle, I'm sure there will only be a handful of legal stages.
I think it's stupid. I mean stage with hazards note being legal is okay, but removing a stage because "the plateforme are too high so it will kill much faster some characters" seem stupid. Come on, try something new instead of blocking yourself with rules that are dumb. The competitive players can easily play on stages like this, and it brings more tenion, because kills happen faster. And, it will force some of them to change characters instead of just playing S-Tier or A-Tier. I want more diversity. It's frustrating.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I think it's stupid. I mean stage with hazards note being legal is okay, but removing a stage because "the plateforme are too high so it will kill much faster some characters" seem stupid. Come on, try something new instead of blocking yourself with rules that are dumb. The competitive players can easily play on stages like this, and it brings more tenion, because kills happen faster. And, it will force some of them to change characters instead of just playing S-Tier or A-Tier. I want more diversity. It's frustrating.
This is exactly why I just don't get the hate against big stages, walk-offs, hazards, and caves of life. Part of being a skilled player should be adapting your strategy to the stage you're playing on.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
All I want is for Miiverse to finally be legal. Once Miiverse was no longer part of Nintendo's online services, the only thing keeping the stage from being played on was the fact that people who use the 3DS for a controller would not be able to select that stage. Miiverse has some great music, including Dark Lord (action-packed and intense; rivals Battlefield's Boss Battle Song 1), Save the World, Heroes! (very Kirby-esque), Tomodachi Life (kind of reminds me of Captain Disillusion), and Mii Plaza (that intro definitely reminds me of Dexter). I'm not sure if I'm missing one. I feel like I am. Let's hope Miiverse is legal!

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
All I want is for Miiverse to finally be legal. Once Miiverse was no longer part of Nintendo's online services, the only thing keeping the stage from being played on was the fact that people who use the 3DS for a controller would not be able to select that stage. Miiverse has some great music, including Dark Lord (action-packed and intense; rivals Battlefield's Boss Battle Song 1), Save the World, Heroes! (very Kirby-esque), Tomodachi Life (kind of reminds me of Captain Disillusion), and Mii Plaza (that intro definitely reminds me of Dexter). I'm not sure if I'm missing one. I feel like I am. Let's hope Miiverse is legal!
If the music is your reasoning for wanting Miiverse to be playable, they're likely going to be on other stages now. Both because Miiverse isn't returning (so far), and even if it is returning, it will likely share music with other similar-ish small-universe stages like Hanenbow, Pilotwings, etc.

If you're talking about Smash Wii U specifically... yeah, I dunno why they'd ban Miiverse, seems really silly.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
It is an interesting question. If the stage is picked first, many stages that give unfair advantages to certain characters can be reconsidered as it gives that person a chance to pick a different fighter instead.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
It is an interesting question. If the stage is picked first, many stages that give unfair advantages to certain characters can be reconsidered as it gives that person a chance to pick a different fighter instead.
I would love to see that happening. It'll Crete more diversity between characters and we'll not see the same over and over again.

Top Bottom