• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed [Stage Import] Metal Cavern M HD

Stephen Dorch

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to replace GrTLg.0at with your metal cavern using melee toolkit, but i am getting the error that the files are not the same size. Which stage is this supposed to replace? (I'm using your 20XX hack pack v4.05)

ZenSmash

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to replace GrTLg.0at with your metal cavern using melee toolkit, but i am getting the error that the files are not the same size. Which stage is this supposed to replace? (I'm using your 20XX hack pack v4.05)
You need to extract the root of the ISO with GameCube rebuilder and then in the root delete the original GrTLg.0at and then rename the metal cavern file to GrTLg.0at then put it in the root after that open the root in GameCube rebuilder and then and rebuild the ISO

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
You need to extract the root of the ISO with GameCube rebuilder and then in the root delete the original GrTLg.0at and then rename the metal cavern file to GrTLg.0at then put it in the root after that open the root in GameCube rebuilder and then and rebuild the ISO
Or you can use DAT Texture Wizard. Far easier; handles the rebuild process for you.

Yeah, that's the right stage, Stephen. The stage being a larger size is expected. But GCR just doesn't usually do imports of files that are larger than the originals. Keep in mind that if you're using Nintendont, your disc should not be larger than the standard 1.35 GB (to be more precise, I believe the max should be 1,392 MB, or 1,459,978,240 bytes, though I haven't tested it yet. Next version of DTW will tip users off about this with a message if someone goes over), or else it won't run. DIOS MIOS and Dolphin should still work until you pass 4 GB. If you need to, you can free up a lot of space by replacing some of the large, typically unused files like MvHowto.mth and MvOmake15.mth (the "How to Play" and the 15-minute "Special Movie" videos, respectively) with another smaller mth file. You could use any, but a small, 1-frame file for this purpose can be found in the OP of the Melee Hacks and You thread.

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
I've been searching around for a while, but I can't find the target test stage offsets. I'd like to load Weegee's target instead of Brinstar. So that's all I'd need really.

Not sure if it's the right place to make the inquiry but I dare to be stupid. :yoshimelee:

EDIT: I am dumb. It's in the "Stage Model Imports" thread for any unfortunate souls as hopeless as me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom