• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
If anyone's looking for more stages, let's discuss that here.

I'll go first with my ideas.

Golden Plains - underground section (NSMB2)
Like Mushroomy Kingdom did in Brawl, hold L to get a different underground level here. It still has the same coin mechanic, but the layout is different.

Mario Odyssey
Well, we'll have to wait a while for this. But all I've got now is that the hat ship will be the main battleground and drop the fight off in any of the different worlds, and fight there for a while. It'll come back later to pick everyone up and take them to another world, and repeat.

3D World
A huge stage almost like New Pork City, but there are clear pipes all over to get around from one spot to another. Regular pipes, item blocks, and brick blocks too.

Gloomy Manor
Now based on LM2, it works mostly the same as the other LM stage. There are also a few ghosts that serve as enemies at times, ala Pyrosphere. (That makes me want more of this in other stages)

Jungle Hijinxs - snow version (DKC Tropical Freeze)

Hold L for this when you select this stage. The layout is the same, except it's all covered in snow and ice, with some terrain being slippery. Snowmad types will occasionally appear as enemies.

Stone Tower
From Majora's Mask (3D, to be precise). No fall-through platforms here because of how the red emblem in the center will occasionally turn the stage upside-down. Twinmold will also appear here at times and wreck everyone.

Hyrule & Lorule
Based on A Link Between Worlds. Straightforward terrain in Hyrule, but the stage will then later change to Lorule with a different and more dangerous layout. It will change back to Hyrule afterwards.

Great Plateau
As overused as the "Level 1" trope is in most stages, this is more of a "Breath of the Wild as a whole" stage. Every so often, Guardians will appear in the background and attack. Find a wall of hide behind of dodge their blasts if you can.

Tallon IV
From Metroid Prime 1. This is a gargantuan stage like the Great Cave Offensive. Every area of the planet is meshed together. There are danger zones everywhere, which are patches of Phazon. There are a few elevators in some parts of the stage.

Blast Ball
Just to be obnoxious, based on Federation Force, you're all in the middle of a Blast Ball stadium. The mechs are playing a round of Blast Ball in the background. And oftentimes, they and the ball will get onto the battleground itself. Some units will stand idle on the battleground and act as platforms for a while.

Lor Starcutter
(Why wasn't this in Smash Wii U again?) From Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Most of this fight is spent on the ship, but it will occasionally send a platform away with the fight to various areas of this game. After a while, you'll return to the ship and the fight continues on board and will move onto other areas, including Halcandra.

Dedede's Drum Dash
There are a few regular platforms all around (some of them are the ground from Kirby 3D Rumble, with trees), but on the bottom of the stage are drums that cause players to bounce high when landing on them. There are also a few other layouts in which the stage will occasionally change to: a tower of sorts with little platforming and different drum sets and a ferris wheel.

Checker Knights
Based on Kirby Air Ride, this stage works just like Mute City in Smash 3DS, taking place atop unmanned Air Ride machines as their race goes on.

Area 3
Based on Star Fox Zero, this stage first takes place atop a bunch of Arwings, working just like Orbital Gate Assault. After a while, they'll fly into the space colony and all transform into Walkers, and you're all fighting on them as they move on and shoot. Every so often, a Gyrowing can appear to fight on top of. The Gigarilla will also appear as a major hazard in this stage. Later on, the stage goes back to the beginning part in space.

Pokemon Stadium X
Like Flat Zone X in Smash Wii U, this is basically Brawl's Stadium 2, but with Melee's Stadium 1 forms added to it (and corresponding Pokemon added to those forms as well).

Labyrinth of Deceit
Chapter 5 of Kid Icarus Uprising. Aside from some regular terrain to fight on the ground, there's some on the ceiling where players will turn and stand upside-down on. Jump high enough to fall into the other section's gravity. Plus, this stage could mess players up in ways that no other stage could.

WarioWare, Inc. 2
Same base area, different microgames.

Kitchen Island
Like the Dream Land stage in Smash 3DS, this stage takes place in a Game Boy. It works just like that stage, the main difference being it takes place in Wario Land 1 instead, going through many levels of that game.

Pirates
From Game & Wario, this takes place aboard Captain Wario's ship. He'll call out to his ghost pirate minions to randomly fire at one of the fighters.

Twilight River
From Pikmin 3, but the water could make this a more suitable stage to work with. Some other creatures could appear here to attack.

Animal Crossing Puzzle League
I've got nothing else for an Animal Crossing stage. But just fight along the puzzle grid as it plays on its own?

Urchin Underpass
The standard battleground from Splatoon is here. (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe had me convinced for this) When there's 30 seconds remaining (or one life in stock matches), the music changes to the "1 minute left" theme. Also, there could be stickers/posters and graffiti of the Smash symbol on the walls in the background.

ARMS Stadium (or whatever it is)
In light of Spring Man ideally being playable. We'll need to wait a bit for this, but what I have is that the other fighters from the game will appear to assist you if you can reach them, in the vain of Magicant and Midgar. (We could use more stages like this too)

Rhythm Heaven
Actually, I have no idea how this stage would work. I had many different ideas for it, but can't settle for one of them.

Pinball
Based on the NES title, this is a modernly redesigned stage where players can knock the ball around into various obstacles to get power-up boosts if successful. The paddle Mario also appears near the bottom of the stage.

AR Games
Takes place on a blank table of sorts (with a "?" AR card in the center), but the terrain will occasionally shift into the various forms based on Archery and AR Shot. One of the dragons will also appear at times as a pseudo-boss.

Nintendo Land
It starts off in the main lobby area with the Central Tower. And much like Mushroom Kingdom U, Monita will appear and change the stage layout to one of the various attractions of the game: Zelda Battle Quest, Metroid Blast, Mario Chase, and the others. (There's also Luigi's Ghost Mansion where the ghost can pop up and attack players, sending them flying with high knockback)

Something from Bomberman...?
In light of him also ideally being playable, what could we have here? A "Bomber Grid" or "Bomber Maze"? If they could make a Pac-Man stage work like that, how would this one go? Or even something from Super Bomberman R?

Also, is anyone else a fan of this "game/series as a whole" trend in stages that we've been getting more of in Smash 4? It works a lot better that way, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom