• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Idea Thread (post stage ideas you have!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Hey again!

So this time, I've got something different: Rebalanced stages. See, I've been putting together a special build of Project M that has every stage in the firstc3 smash games. However, if I'm able to find a version of a stage that has been altered to be more "competitively friendly" than the original version, I use that instead. Doing this got me thinking about a couple of stages I was unable to find rebalanced versions of.

So here for you today, I give you two rebalanced stages! No in depth descriptions, because you should all know the original stages well enough to understand the pics.

First up, just for you @ Kevandre Kevandre , I give you... Poké Floats!

Sorry to say, but the main gimmick of this stage is no longer here. That is, the various floats don't fly in from every direction and force you to jump around a lot. Instead, we have this. The main platform is an Onix float, with a drop-through platform consisting of an Unown float. The floats with individually bob in the air, which shouldn't affect the battle to much. Overall, more boring, but much more balanced.

Second, we have Mushroom Kingdom 2!

*Gasp!* The lines... they're back! I've missed you, old friends! As always, Black is solid, White is drop-through.

I didn't actually change a whole lot about this stage. Mainly, I just pushed the left and right platforms into the background. This gets rid of the walk off edges and Birdo, while leaving a stage with an interesting mechanic in the randomly appearing platforms, which then fall into the abyss. Again, boring, but more competitively minded.

That's all I've got for now, tune in next time when I take a stab at rebalancing some other stages! Maybe!

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I am still really hoping for a FE stage based on Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn. So far in SSB4, we have an Awakening stage and a Shadow Dragon (at least primarily) stage, but in Brawl what should have been a PoR stage ended up being a generic castle. So here's my idea:

Serenes Forest

This stage takes place on top of the altar of Serenes Forest (picture). The initial layout of the stage is shown above (sizes may vary a little; I obviously have no balancing experience). The large center platform is the top of the stone altar in the picture. Next to the altar, twin drop-through platforms are supported by trees. During the course of the battle, the forest is lit on fire and the trees supporting the side platforms are engulfed in flames, leaving only the center platform to stand on (which is smaller than FD). During the fire, flames rise up just above the bottom blast zone, causing damage and knockback like the lava on Brinstar. The side trees also form walls of flame which prevent KO's off the side blast zones. The fire eventually dies down, leaving the forest gray and lifeless. KO's become possible off any of the blast zones. Finally, Reyson and Leanne fly in to the background of the altar and sing the galdr of rebirth, bringing the forest back to life and resurrecting the trees and their platforms.

The forest fire would make KO's difficult for a short period of time, but would theoretically lead to all the players taking a lot damage from each other and the flames. The dead forest period afterward would force confrontations between the highly damaged players on the one small-ish remaining platform, hopefully leading to a tense battle.

Admittedly, the actual source of this stage might be a little mature for a SSB stage. In FE9 the fire in Serenes Forest is revealed to be caused by rioters who burn the forest while massacring the race of people in the forest. However, the source of the fire would not need to be specifically shown in this stage, only the revival of the forest by the survivors Reyson and Leanne.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
@ TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict : There was nothing terrible about Pokefloats so I feel you've ruined it unnecessarily. Subcon, on the other hand, needed changes and does look better that way. I do believe it would be better still if you could find a way to keep the walls without the ability to stand on them though.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
There was nothing terrible about Pokefloats
I personally disagree, I found it a pain to do any kind of fighting on, because more often than not you were fighting against the platforms, rather than your opponents.

To each his own, though.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
In celebration of my Sunset Shore Silhouette completion, I decided to make a second one based on the silhouette concept, this time from Tropical Freeze...

Amiss Abyss

This stage is based on Amiss Abyss, which I feel is one of the most memorable stages that weren't straight up Northrend from Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. I had originally wanted to do Coral Capers stage, but in the end what I put together wasn't that great. So I decided to take a look at the Tropical Freeze one instead and ended up coming up with this concept! The only "hazard" on this stage is, there are occasionally currents that appear (CURRENTLY [get it?] up in the top right corner with the white stripes [But no seven nation armies]) that will move the characters through the air.

You might notice that I said "air." And while it's true that this stage takes place underwater, there are no altered physics due to this... Everyone's jump/fall/etc are the same as usual.

But the currents will blow characters caught up in it in a certain direction. It's not necessarily overtly terrible though- I'd say that it's way less potent than the Gust Bellows item. But if you launch someone into a current going that way, they're less likely to be able to recover... Likewise, if the current is moving toward you, the launch will be slowed within the current. These currents can appear in four places- The top right (As is shown above), or on the bottom of the screen in the three open areas. The currents can move in either direction in any of these places so be sure to watch which way it's going!

This stage is also large, created with the purpose of 8 player smash in mind. So have fun smashing!

Music:

Current Capers/Aquatic Ambiance (Tropical Freeze): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2LLTY10pyU
Funky Waters (Tropical Freeze): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA2WjP6sgrc
FJ7X Coral Capers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJk_ygHxZxo
Aquatic Ambiance (Donkey Kong Country): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDvKwSVuUGA
Aquatic Argemone (Aquatic Ambiance & Stickerbrush Symphony fusion): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-zp38a2va4
Gloomy Galleon (Donkey Kong 64): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy5wZ8nla_g
Water World (Super Mario 64): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAXoL8TnE0I
Underwater Exploration (Super Mario Sunshine): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Z71tcVVVg
Abyssal Ruins (Pokémon Black & White): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXKkZt9EHHA

Since I've made this stage, I really fell in love with it. Like, wow. I want to play here all day errday. Even kind of more than Sunset Shore.

Edit: I've also updated my original Sunset Shore photo in this thread to have the newer silhouette models.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Kevandre you're sooooo good with these stage ideas. I love it.
Thank you! I have this problem where I get a concept in my head and will spend an excessive amount of time making it happen to the best of my ability.

Its just unfortunate when you have twelve concepts for full fledged video games in your head but no idea how to make them happen...

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I know that feeling, that's why I haven't touched my RPG Maker in months, even though I really wanna get back to it, I just have too many ideas and no idea how to execute them.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm planning on taking game design courses when I finish my business administration degree but I'm not sure how many schools around Sacramento actually teach it well. I wanted to move to Seattle but the wife is hearing none of it, lol

Edit:

I posted this in the contest thread but as it wasn't actually part of a round and I am so proud of this stage, I'm gonna post it here as well.

Awakening in Subcon
A mashup stage between Zelda: Link's Awakening and Super Mario Bros 2 (US)

"A... Some sort of rift?"
The idea originally came from the knowledge that both games never really happened. Link's Awakening was a dream all along, as was Mario Bros 2. That coupled with the fact that Link's Awakening had several Mario characters/enemies present in the game made this an easy choice for me.

This stage, as you can see, has three platforms. The top two are drop-thru-able platforms at varying lengths, they remain stationary. The bottom platform is solid, slightly shorter than the middle platform but longer than the top one.

Any water or platforms in the background are just that- background. There for aesthetic alone.

However... you'll almost never see the stage as basic as this.

On the bottom platform will pretty much always be at least some sort of hazard taken from these games.

Birdo shoots projectile eggs at you that cause about 5% damage and can knock you off the side. He can be KO'd.

These aren't the Cuccoo item... I made the stage before those were announced. These cuccoos just stand there, if they get attacked, they'll all gang up on you and... well, you don't want that.

This one I did make after the chain chomp AT was announced but I couldn't think of a better inclusion. Chain Chomp attacks either side of his post alternatively, so if you're on the side he's not on, you're safe... for a moment. If the post he's attached to takes enough hits, it'll break and Chain Chomp will jump off the stage. He'll come back after about a minute though.

NIE OHNE KONDOM!
Buzz Blobs just stand on the predetermined spots dancing around. They have electrical stunning effects if you hit them directly, though you can KO them with ranged weapons.
Other enemies that may appear on this stage are Wart (from SMB2), Octorocks, Pirahna Plants and a Darknut.

Unlockable? Yes, I'm thinking that it unlocks when both the Birdo and Buzz Blob trophies are unlocked (Like the Subcon level in Melee, but with more Zelda)

Music:
Marelda Medley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE3iCf71WQU

Zelda Medley (Made using Mario Paint): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olr9ZTIRuZQ
FJ7X Link's Awakening medley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdmgBezEFgA

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Quoting from stage DLC thread, since that thread is inactive and I think the post would fit better here

Expert Level (Monkey Ball)

The stage is a "traveling" stage, inspired by Dream Land GB and Delfino Plaza. There are five sets of nine (eight in the first set) floors, and three of the floors in the current set will be randomly picked for the stage to go through. These sets correspond with floors in the original game.
The sets consist of:
1. Floors 1-4 and 5-9
2. Floors 11-19
3. Floors 21-29
4. Floors 31-39
5. Floors 41-50

After the chosen three floors of a set are done, the stage will briefly transition to one of the bonus floors (5, 10, 20, 30, 40). Depending on which bonus floor is chosen, the stage will then pick the corresponding set of floors (5 will go to Set 1, 10 to 2, 20 to 3, 30 to 4, 40 to 5)

The stage will always start on Floor 1.

Music
Monkey Ball (The music changes depending on what set the stage is using. The "Hurry Up" music will play when only 10 seconds remain on the clock.)
Monkey Race 2 Beginner (Super Monkey Ball 2)
Monkey Minigolf (Super Monkey Ball)
Wet N' Windy (Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll) [Unlockable]
Monkey Fight (Super Monkey Ball)
Monkey Dogfight (Super Monkey Ball 2)
Temple Trouble (Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed) [Unlockable]

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Tired of shrinky-dink stages? The ones where the fighters are all smaller than usual to battle around enlarged everyday objects? Me too, so this time lets give the fighters a growth spurt.

Red lines are for midair platforms you can't fall through
Green lines are for midair platforms you can fall through
Brown lines indicate where you can climb up
White lines are for the base ground

This is the city you find caught in the crossfire of a robot duel in Giant Robot. While normally the place usually only have automatons, this time only two of the competitors can run on electricity.

While the tall building doesn't look that high up from the picture <blame my beginner-level PS skills for that =P>, but the idea is that even as big as you are comparatively for the usual stages, that skyscraper would be tall enough that even Monado Jump-equipped Shulk can't double jump->Up Special on to the platform at the top <unless you are a character with a far reaching Up Special like ROB or Villager>, and you are supposed to climb the building to reach it as the front of the building acts as a ladder.

The long stretch of wires between phone towers are not platforms, but rather can be walked through. While they are used in Giant Robot as ring-out areas where stepping past them makes your robot fall over, here the wires light up with electricity from time to time, and being in-between the wires causes your character to trip, but only once per spark. The sparks also drains your shield faster than average while between wires, though no damage will be caused.

The blimp is a midair platform with a twist, but does not act like Fourside's UFO where the surface is slippery. Instead, the blimp acts as a normal platform unless you jump from it, where your jump height will go up from the bounce as if you stepped on a spring. It will gently go across the stage from the right side, passing in front of the skyscraper where you can start climbing it from the blimp.

- :4kirby: is The Blob, as Mr. Super-Tuff Pink Puff himself is the most overtly-gelatinous character on the roster.
- If you don't know who :4bowser: is representing, you need to watch more monster movies. =P
- :4robinf: represents Susan from Monsters vs. Aliens, and by extension the 50 Ft. Woman. Female Robin's natural white hair color made it a perfect opportunity to have her make the reference.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Black Velvetopia
(Psychonauts)

If ever there was a game made that was just perfect for Nintendo, but never released for a Nintendo console, it's Psychonauts. It filled the hole in my heart that Banjo-Kazooie left.

In this game, you play as Razputin, a psychic kid at a psychic Summer Camp. In the game, the non-hub levels take place actually within the psyche of a number of people. Each world is highly original and exciting.

The stage I've chosen out of many glorious choices is Black Velvetopia. This is a world where everything is colored like spanish black velvet art.

Be still my heart. I'd love to see Raz in this game...​

This stage has many platforms. The building tops on either side, the bridge between them, the windowsills both above and below the windows. All of the platforms are drop-thruable except the bridge. You can, however, jump up through the bottom of the bridge (Like Magicant where you can jump up through it but not drop down through it).

You can also walk and land on the street below.. But be careful.

"It's El Odio!"
El Odio the Bull will very regularly run from the back of the street up through the front, then to circle around the building back to do it again about 30 seconds later. Letting El Odio hit you will launch you away, so beware. El Odio isn't a stage boss, you can't KO him, so just try to stay away. He's only on screen for a few seconds at a time anyway.

Music:
The Matador (Psychonauts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtMcyVxzb88
The Wild Bull Run/El Odio (Psychonauts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=796Y8wJNARo
Black Velvetopia (Psychonauts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yefDU8i9dhQ
The Catwalk Phantom (Psychonauts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jysXHXsMZZk
Dark Pit's Theme (Kid Icarus) (This song probably best actually fits the stage): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24m2oeWteFw
Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8GRDNU50b8
Glinting Cosmic Mambo (Chibi-Robo): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UJuJcfdkWA
Companeros (Grim Fandango): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNi863GLwi0

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation

Super simple idea, probably already used.
Just two battlefields, one being reversed, only added the moving platforms for characters that may need them to get to the top of the stage.
Might not be in final build.

BattleRealm

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Super simple idea, probably already used.
Just two battlefields, one being reversed, only added the moving platforms for characters that may need them to get to the top of the stage.
Might not be in final build.
BattleRealm
I had a sort of similar idea long ago with Gravityman's Domain. In theory, it would be two Final Destinations, one upside down, and a midpoint positioned such that most characters could double jump to reach it but short hop and midair jump to stay beneath it. Crossing this mid point would cause gravity to reverse for you but not immediately cancel any momentum, making off stage vertical KOs really quite spectacular.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
Here Is a stage I have an idea for:

Bubbly Clouds (Kirby)

The thicker platforms (on the top) are not able to be gone through
This stage will support 8 player smash

But wait there is more!

Kracko Jr. Appears!
Around one minute into the match kracko jr. will appear
Like characters he can go through certain platforms
He attacks by flying around the stage, the bubbles around him will do the damage
If you can somehow hit his eye he will be instantly KO'd
To damage him hit the bubbles, he can withstand 50% before he gets K.O'd.

After 30 seconds of defeating kracko jr. you will notice a strange looking orb flying in the background, this "orb" will absorb clouds and suddenly protrude spikes! He has revealed himself as his true form. Kracko!

Kracko Will damage fighters when he flies into the foreground, as well was destroying the platforms, make sure not to get hit by him, or the destroyed piceces of platform or you will K.O'd!

Kracko will use his attacks from kirby fighters z/deluxe in this game! Most of his attacks can be blocked by your shield.
Kracko can take up to 160% damage before his spikes fall off, his clouds dissolve, and his eye explodes! Kracko is now K.O'd!
You will get 1 point or stock if you defeat kracko
Kracko will no longer appears for the rest of the match

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
The Tall Tower
(Yoshi's Story)

This stage is based on one of the optional levels from the third chapter in Yoshi's Story for N64. It's the one I always chose when I could when I did subsequent playthroughs of the game.

This stage has no hazards, but it's got some interesting mechanics.

There's the main platform at the bottom of the stage, which is about 2/3 the size of Final Destination. This is regular, stationary and solid.

There are Towers on either side of the stage, as well. They're kind of phallic but that's what they looked like in the game!

Attached to the towers are springs. The tower on the left has a big spring, the tower on the right have two smaller springs.

When a character jumps off of the springs, their jump is increased. When jumping off the springs from the right side, they jump about a fourth higher than usual. The spring on the left side substantially increases the jump, ALMOST like wearing a bunny hood.

Eagle-eyed people will notice that there's actually a THIRD spring on the right tower... Just on the other side. If you jump over the tower and fall to it, you'd be in the magnifying glass and taking damage, but it's a place to be slightly safe from other people for a bit! Then just use the spring to jump back over the tower back into the fray.

Music (I mainly went with themes that play in tower-like stages):
Tall Tower Theme (Yoshi's Story): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byfw4FpzqE4

Love is in the Air (The Tall Tower) (Yoshi's Story): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTytrwYDdk
Big Boss (Yoshi's Island): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q--ywLM84Ng
Battle of the Great Tower (Mario 3D World): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CifQuOO5LVY
Lightning Chariot Base (Kid Icarus Uprising): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIIS4HKNavI
High Entia Tomb (Xenoblade Chronicles): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6gr2gUJtqw
Pit of 100 Trials (Paper Mario Thousand Year Door): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcGZhtJlb1M
Stone Tower Temple (Zelda: Majora's Mask): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab60XEyA5OQ

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Wow, that Clanker's Cavern stage is great! Man, Banjo Kazooie had so much potential...

Anyways, here's another stage I horribly drafted a while ago: Shooting Range!

Obviously, it's based off the original "Duck Hunt". You can stand on the leaves of the tree and the branches can be walked through. You can also stand on the bush, but you can't walk right through it. And every now and then...

...a hunter will shoot at random points of the screen! Maybe some duck could fly up too, I dunno.

Without the Hazard, this could probably be replicated in Stage Builder too.
And of course the only selectable music for this stage would be "Dog Laughing - (Club Mix)".
'twould seem you got your wish.

Also BRBCJYBRIUBSJDBSJBEEWJBCJASVNZJAM SMASH WII U COMES OUT TOMORROW

ALL OF THE CUSTOM STAGES

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Gentlemen. The time is upon us. In less than 12 hours, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will release. What will happen then? No one knows. Maybe some glorious things will happen. Maybe some awful things. I don't know. But one way or another, I thought I'd celebrate with something special.

Way back during the Mario round of the initial contest, I decided to join in for the first time. I made a stage based on Mario Party 2, but was promptly told that my stage needed to be from a non-spin-off game. So I thought, and I came up with a new stage. I drew up plans for it, and I made it look awesome.

But then I had a better idea for a stage. One based off of Super Paper Mario. So I made that one instead.

I never showed off that intermediary stage. The one I had worked on to get just right. It was simply lost to the wind.

Until now.

As I looked through my imgur pictures, I noticed that I still have the pictures for this stage. And so, on the eve of Smash Wii U, I bring to you all this lost stage!

Ladies and gentlemen... welcome to Dire Dire Docks.

Ah, old ****ty art of mine. How have you been?

Name: Dire Dire Docks

Game: Super Mario 64

Description: Here it is, my lost stage! In the middle of the stage, you have the famous Bowser Submarine, which serves as the main fighting platform! The tower near the front acts as a wall, which serves potential for combos, while the tail-fin serves as a short drop-through platform. Additionally, two more drop-through platforms hang from the ceiling. And of course, what is Dire Dire Docks without some good old water? The main sub will sway ever so slightly in the water, but not enough to significantly alter the stage.

Most of the time, that is.

Occasionally, the submarine will sway a little more wildly than normal. Watch out when this happens, because a short while later...

...the submarine submerges! Now only the upper tower of the sub is visible. But there's more! You remember in Mario 64 how you'd sometimes press on a switch and these big orange blocks will appear for a short time? Yup, those show up too! Now the stage has a bit less stable ground to fight on, doesn't it?

The stage will stay in this form for a little while. But after some time, the orange blocks will start flashing quickly. This is your signal that the submarine is about to come back up! After a few seconds, the stage will return to it's original position, and the cycle will continue.

So there you have it! Dire Dire Docks, the lost stage. I hope you enjoy! I know for sure I'm gonna make some of my custom stages in the new Smash Bros (as well as some of yours!).

Peace out, gents.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Hey guys, I got one more for you.

Gonna come out and say this first, however: This stage is... shall we say, "out there."

Like, there's a good chance some of you will dislike this stage on concept alone. Part of that is because it isn't from a video game. It's from a Television Show.

But I made the stage, so **** it, amirite? It's my stage and DAMN IT I'M SHOWING IT OFF.

Now then... Ladies and gentlemen, whether you like it or not...

Welcome to Ponyville!

EWWWWW

PONIES

YUCK

Name: Ponyville

Game Series: My Little Pony

Stagebuilder Background: Sky, I figure. Herp Derp, the heck am I saying? Toy background is far more fitting.

Description: So... yeah. Walk off stage. Black line on the bottom is the main platform, with the pink/purple lines being drop-through platforms. If you have trouble seeing the lines... then YOU try finding a color that contrasts with backgrounds like THESE. Here, I'll point them out to you. There's 3 drop-throughs on the right building (town hall), 3 on the tree (Library), and one on the cloud (RD's Cloud House). Additionally, the cloud house slowly drifts across the top of the stage, making the platform move along with it.

If I had more freedom: Ponies. EVERYWHERE. That's honestly all I'd do. Maybe have Canterlot visible in the background, in all of its majesty, but mostly add ponies everywhere.

So... yeah. I made it. And I'm showing it off.

Deal with it.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I just don't get mlp man

It's not a bad show but I just don't get the obsession

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
As one of those obsessed with the show... yeah, I don't understand the obsession either. It just sort of happens, you know?

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Well...

Camp Crystal Lake
Friday the 13th (1989 video game)

I don't have a fancy pic i drew up for the layout of this stage, i'm not too good at that type of thing, i just have the idea of how it would work. Here we go:
This stage would be a scrolling stage that takes the players on a tour of Camp Crystal Lake from the classically terrible NES game, Friday the 13th, based on the slasher film series of the same name. The players would run across this 8-bit stage as the screen scrolls along, leaving them behind if they stay still for too long, so they would have to both fight and run in this strange stage. Along the way, players will see cabins, a lake, caves and wooded areas. The players will also be attacked by enemies such as zombies, crows, and wolves. A small countdown will show up time times on a small corner of the screen, once it reaches zero, Jason Voorhees will show up and attack the fighters, and once they beat him, the stage will reset. Also on the stage players may light fires that they can use to harm their foes, and may sometimes come across Jason's mother who is represented as a Medusa-like floating head that swoops down to attack the player. This is a very fun but strange stage.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Guys, I just got to use the stage builder for the first time.

It's glorious, but there's one problem I have with it.

You can't draw platforms that extend to the upper blast zone. It cuts you off about a third of the way from the top of the camera box.

Outer Wall is dead

rip

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Just made a stage called Doublefield

It's Battlefield with an upside-down Battlefield above it

I am good at the creativity, yes

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Hello again! I got a new stage, one which I've ACTUALLY managed to make and play on with the Wii U stage builder!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... VVVVVV!

I spent way longer making this pic than I'd care to admit

Name: VVVVVV

Game: VVVVVV

Stagebuilder Background: Space (duh)

Description: Basically, the platforms in the corners are solid, with the four platforms in the middle being drop-through. Additionally, the spikes on the edges of the corner platforms will cause knockback and damage if you touch them, so be careful! (Done via SB lava). And... yeah, that's it.

If I had more freedom: I'd probably have a gravity shifting mechanic, where Viridian comes on stage, and a few seconds later, gravity would change to being up. Then maybe he'd stick around for a while, changing gravity however he pleases, and then finally, after turning gravity back to normal, leave.

And there you go! Like I said, this is a stage I've made on the stagebuilder, and... boy, is it crazy. Hitting the spikes is insane, because you'll either be shot to the middle of the stage, or spiked to your death. It's not too hard to get a KO, but if you're knocked below the stage... yeah, recovery is pretty impossible (thanks, spikes!). It's hectic, but it's pretty fun to play on.

That's about all there is to this stage, but I do have another I'd like to show you, once I get around to making it. Until then... see ya!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I haven't done a stage in a while, so to convince myself that I was justified in putting off my homework...

Ropey Rampage
(Donkey Kong Country, SNES)

This is the second level from the original Donkey Kong Country game on SNES. I always loved this level as it both had a good ambiance as well as just.. It was fun.

On this stage, there are four main platforms for you to be on, as well as two slanted platforms on either side of the stage. The higher platform in the middle is treated just like a mid-air platform, you can drop and jump through. The walls on either side below it are just aesthetic too, as that whole bottom platform can be walked on from side to side.

The caves on either side.. You CAN go into them! Small characters like Kirby or Pikachu can walk in there, and large characters can roll or crawl through the entry. As the top part of the cave is not drop or jump through-able, this will save you from airborne attacks, but beware because you are dangerously close to the blast zone if you're inside one of these caves. You can easily self destruct by walking a bit too far, or someone on the outside of the cave can knock you out without being at a high percentage!

There are three ropes hanging from the top of the stage too, they behave like you'd think they would. Your character will use them like they do a ladder, and the rope will swing fast or slow depending on the trajectory/velocity that the character was at while grabbing the rope. Jump off of them and grab onto another! It's a great escape route! The ropes cannot be grabbed while you are being launched or in helpless stage, however. The two outer ropes, when not swinging, are right above the pits of the stage as well, so being meteor'd while on one of them is less than ideal.

To help characters get up to the ropes from the lowest platform are two in-ground tires that work like the stage builder's springs.

Music (All tracks have a quiet rain effect added):
DK Island Swing (Tropical Freeze): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMudHClToL0
Island Swing (Donkey Kong Country): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEE-RzKMelU
Forest Interlude (Donkey Kong Country 2): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NL55zwGjIo
Forest Frenzy (DKC Returns): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONR1eyPOPJc
Palm Tree Grove (DKC Returns): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8npkxcRhSEE
Aquatic Ambiance (Tropical Freeze): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2LLTY10pyU
Stickerbrush Symphony (Tropical Freeze): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_g1_Txfqnc
Crumble Cavern/Cave Dweller Concert (Tropical Freeze): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rH-KVwdrBw
Jungle Japes (DK64): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdh0O-Zu-A
Mayahem Temple (Banjo Tooie): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bPTjgARnBU
Heavy Rainfall (Pokemon Alpha Sapphire): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmAjT8tVHOA

I hope you guys enjoyed!
I really like my DK stages.

I really have to get to my homework now. :X

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
It looks nice but it's actually an awful lot like the Boxing Ring in some ways. With the added pits and ropes, however, this becomes an air fight favouring Kirby and maybe Jigglypuff as they both have a ton of jumps and can abuse the tires to escape potential punishes on their specials (Final Cutter is even known to go infinite on the Ring's ropes).

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It looks nice but it's actually an awful lot like the Boxing Ring in some ways. With the added pits and ropes, however, this becomes an air fight favouring Kirby and maybe Jigglypuff as they both have a ton of jumps and can abuse the tires to escape potential punishes on their specials (Final Cutter is even known to go infinite on the Ring's ropes).
You're probably right. In the end though, I generally am only making stages because I think they'd be fun, not so much for character balance.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
You're probably right. In the end though, I generally am only making stages because I think they'd be fun, not so much for character balance.
I sort of figured as much. I really don't like ladders myself and therefore am against the ropes but, outside of my personal bias and its potential tire abuse, the stage does look good. I could easily see it being a for fun favourite.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I had some ideas. This is essentially part of my ideal stage list.
  • Valley of Bowser (Start on a platform above water, Bowser's head comes out of the water and you enter it and go into the Valley and see his kingdom)
  • SMB3 Airship
  • The Thousand-Year Door
  • Sunset Shores (like Kevandre's)
  • Scorch 'n Torch (flaming jungle)
  • Tal Tal Heights
  • Temple of Time (Twilight Princess)
  • White Forest/Black City
  • Sky Pillar (Rayquaza stage boss?)
  • Aparoid Homeworld
  • Dark Aether
  • Illusion (upside-down city in F-Zero)
  • Outer Space (F-Zero location)
  • The Forest Navel
  • Starlight Carnival (Sonic Colours!)
  • RETURNING: Fountain of Dreams
  • RETURNING: Port Town Aero Dive
  • RETURNING: Hyrule Temple 64
  • KEEP: Tomodachi Life
  • KEEP: Rainbow Road
  • KEEP: Mute City
  • KEEP: Magicant
  • KEEP: Balloon Fight
  • KEEP: Delfino Plaza
  • KEEP: Gamer
  • KEEP: Jungle Hijinx
  • KEEP: Skyloft

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Donut Secret House

Super Mario World (SNES)

This is based on the Ghost Houses from Super Mario World! For this stage, I used assets from Donut Secret House, so that’s what I called this one.

This stage’s layout is, for the most part, fairly simple. One really long platform at the bottom, with two smaller platforms above it on either side extending out slightly over its edges. Above those by a bit are two smallest floating platforms. All of these platforms are stationary. This stage is big, it’s definitely a contender for 8 player Smash.

There’s also a wall at the top of the stage, so you can’t be launched up, just to the sides or the bottom where there’s pits… right?

Wrong. This wouldn’t be a Ghost House without some weird trick to it, right?

ALL platforms are drop & jump thru-able. Yes, even the main one at the bottom. Use it to your advantage… Pitfalls can be deadly here.

You thought that was it? No way, Jose. Much like Spear Pillar, N’s Castle and my previous Awakening in Subcon level, there is a number of random boss-ish enemies that will be present on this stage.

There’s actually only one Big Boo at any given time, but I’ve put two on here to demonstrate how it works… Basically just like in the original game. Big Boo will target someone, and if that player is looking in Big Boo’s direction, it’ll hide itself and stay stationary. If the player is turned away, Big Boo will fly towards it. Only a launch at higher percentages but deals some knockback if touched. This boss introduces and interesting aspect of taking advantage of the hazard. If you notice that Big Boo is chasing you, use it! Stop until an enemy player is in the right position and make Big Boo chase you and provide knockback and damage on your enemies! Big Boo will only chase one particular player for a little while before becoming dormant for a bit and changing targets.

The Thwomps on this stage are in one place, under the extreme sides of the top most platforms. They provide some knockback if you touch them but not a lot. If, you go under the Thwomp (above the platform it’s hovering over), it’ll fall, which if you’re hit by Thwomp’s fall, you’ll be launched so be careful!

Fishin’ Boo just floats around. There is one on either side of the stage near the top. They patrol to and fro on each side, waiting for someone to touch their flame. Touching their flame will result in serious knockback and fire damage so watch out for that! They never chase players though, just float in a predetermined pattern.

And finally, here’s the great Ring of Boos! They just basically fly in a circle in the center of the stage so they don’t go out of their way to attack. They provide a little knockback and damage, but the biggest thing to watch out for is being knocked into the circle as its spinning! You may just be knocked around inside for a while, which results in a lot of damage! Hopefully you will escape through the hole quickly. These Boos can be avoided if you time your air dodge correctly.

This stage is very gimmicky, which fits the source material basically to a T! I hope you guys enjoyed this (very heavily casual-based) stage, I sure know that I liked making it.

Music:

Ghost House (Super Mario World): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fCx1m0tQT0
Ghost House Theme (Super Mario 3D World): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Sri--l_aU
Banshee Boardwalk (Mario Kart DS): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX0C4AHsiPE
Big Boo’s Haunt (Super Mario 64): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo5-qcLfx4I
Merry-Go-Round (Super Mario 64): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoTkT234WOc
Airship Theme (Super Smash Bros Brawl): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNAmyydSGX0
Luigi’s Mansion Medley (Super Smash Bros for Wii U): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC9U-vHrZ3o
Underground Theme (Super Mario World): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7G--2s3bdc
Underground Theme (Yoshi’s Island): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RtLhXibDfA
Fear Factory Returns (Donkey Kong Country Returns): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKaURxJ8GcI

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I know this is a double post but I don't want to combine it with my previous stage's post and I'm not gonna wait for someone else to post in the thread, so if I get in trouble... So be it, I guess.

This one's simple.

Bowser's Castle
Super Mario Bros (NES)

I decided to go mostly retro with this one. There are a lot of possibilities people could go with for Bowser's Castle and I just wanted to do one real quick so this is what I ended up with.

Fairly easy stage- Long FD length main platform, three floating platforms above. Lava below. Seems like some kinda Metroid stage.

"What's that?"

Aaaah!
Sometimes the axe will appear on either end of the bridge. It is only there for a limited time, too, so Little Mac and other ground-centric characters will need to play the defense game against aerial based attackers trying to get the axe to tip the scales :4robinm:!

The bridge also doesn't stay gone too long. It respawns quicker than the Bridge of Eldin does so as long as you are quick with the jumping, you should be alright. While the bridge is down though, it's basically open season for your Kirbys and Jigglypuffs so beware.

Music (TOO MANY GLORIOUS TRACKS):
Bowser's Castle (Super Mario Bros): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fc9ne97aM0

Castle Theme (Super Mario World): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqFtW92WUaI
Bowser's Castle (Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWF9_5DaIOc
The Evil King Bowser (Super Mario World): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCkeFVhVbqY
Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart 8): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1kKtcNYbr8
Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart 64 [My favorite]) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFKxP0kPpik
Bowser's Rage (Paper Mario): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmieSS7znCE
Meanwhile, At Bowser's Castle (Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxBE12IWoFk
Bowser (Yoshi's Island): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksXKsbmthQ4
Ultimate Koopa (Super Mario 64): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNhbzNgDFdI

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I don't think anyone here honestly cares about double posting, and if someone from outside this thread gets upset about it... well why do I care, they're not in the thread.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't think anyone here honestly cares about double posting, and if someone from outside this thread gets upset about it... well why do I care, they're not in the thread.
I'm glad.

And thank you for posting because I totes didn't want to triple post.

I guess it's a thing for me to just make a stage on my lunch break this week.

Canvas Canyon
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS)

Pretty!
This game is based on Kirby Canvas Curse for the NDS, which was very commonly considered the DS’s “first great game.” There’s also a Wii U sequel coming out next year called Rainbow Curse.. But Spriter’s Resource doesn’t have that games assets and I’ve played this one before so too bad.

I’ve based this stage on the level called Canvas Canyon from the Bloo Hills chapter. It’s very colorful and has the word Canvas in the name so I figured it’d fit well as a stage representative of the game.

For the most part, this stage is pretty basic. No hazards. Just a main platform with alternating heights and four floating drop-thruable platforms above it.

But, in the spirit of Kirby Canvas Curse, there is a thing that happens.

A line made of rainbow will be drawn randomly across the top part of the screen! The rainbow can be walked on, drop & jumped through as well. It’s basically just a temporary new platform above all the action. It’s only around for about 8 seconds at a time until it dissolves away, to be replaced with a new line shortly after that is of a different path shape! This can be really helpful for ground-based attackers stuck in the air with an aerial-based opponent.

That’s the stage’s only gimmick! It’s kind of like Pictochat in a way, I guess, but more just with a platform than with any hazards or walls.

Music:

Canvas Canyon (Kirby Canvas Curse): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLFrb5IV83Y
Dreamy Darkness (Kirby Canvas Curse): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNeX24jBYXo
Tankbot (Kirby Epic Yarn): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAoby7QUC6k
Green Greens v2 (Super Smash Bros for 3DS): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Svvzpqzy7I
Mt Dedede (Super Smash Bros Brawl): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkJPGw62bU
Paletto Polis (Kirby Canvas Curse): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvSTO5hAHH0
Gourmet Race (Smash Bros 64): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJuVneNB78c
City Trial (Kirby Air Ride): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW0NiufrMsQ
Ripple Star Map (Kirby and the Crystal Shards): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btgPCXQtS_Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom