• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
you gotta wonder if midgar will have just music from 7 or a selection for a few
I think it'll mostly be 7, but I could see them add a few tracks from other games. Maybe Battle on the Big Bridge, a song from VI, and another iconic song from a different game. Preferably I or IV or something.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I'd like to have the Wii Fit Training Room stage come to 3DS Smash, then we will have every series represented with at least one stage, except for R.O.B., but that's not really a series anyways.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The classic Mega Man series spans across multiple games. Final Fantasy VII is only one game. This is a false equivalence.
Final Fantasy works differently, though. Each number titled is its own "series" essentially. Look at the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, the Ivalice Alliance, or Nova Crystalis. Final Fantasy IV even has its own thing, too.

Some Final Fantasy games have direct sequels, namely Final Fantasy X, XII, and XIII. Later they also made a Final Fantasy IV sequel.

I'd argue its not quite the same thing, but its very similar. Each game is contained in its own universe, so its similar to the different series of Mega Man that are set in different time periods.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I'd love to see some songs from IV or even Bravely Default. They could just rip the songs right out of the DS version of FFIV and the 3DS game Bravely Default and I'd be ok

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
I'd like Dirt devil to be a music in the Cloud stage if we're talking FF soundtracks. I have a remix of it that's just brilliant!

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Dirt devil to be a music in the Cloud stage if we're talking FF soundtracks. I have a remix of it that's just brilliant!
Themes needed from FFVII on Midgar (names link to music via youtube)

Bombing Mission (1st "level" in the game)

Battle Theme

Chocobo Theme

J-E-N-O-V-A

Cosmo Canyon (please give us the original here... to many remixes I have found lose the booming melody that combined with drums make this song among the best in a game filled with great music.)

Aerith's Theme (not the best fight music... but arguably the most iconic song of the game)

Last edited:

Neoxon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neoxon
Switch FC
1178 5806 0406
The lack of One Winged Angel on Midgar is a crime.

Anyway, are we expecting Umbra Clock Tower to be a counter-pick?

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
The lack of One Winged Angel on Midgar is a crime.

Anyway, are we expecting Umbra Clock Tower to be a counter-pick?
I'm shocked there hasn't been any discussion on the Bayo stage yet until now.

I really hope so. It's (IMO) the best looking stage in the game and I'd haaate for it to go to waste.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well there was discussions on the Bayonetta's boards.

The stage looks amazing, and the music selection is amazing too. And the stage seems playable, so...

It's a good stage. I know it already. I'm just curious about the Final Destination form.

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
Well there was discussions on the Bayonetta's boards.

The stage looks amazing, and the music selection is amazing too. And the stage seems playable, so...

It's a good stage. I know it already. I'm just curious about the Final Destination form.
I hope its legal, looks pretty fun to play on

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I hope its legal, looks pretty fun to play on
I honestly don't care that much about stages being legal or not, but it would change from the Animal Crossing stages at least (note: I love Animal Crossing).

And me saying that a stage is unplayable mean that the stage is REALLY unplayable. This personnaly include only Pac-Land, Dr Wily Castle, and 75m. Especially Pac-Land (and it's sad because it's filled with secrets and stuff. Maybe one day my point of view will change if I managed to play with more than one friend at once).

Orbital Gate Assault is also a mess, but a somewhat playable mess.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I honestly don't care that much about stages being legal or not, but it would be a nice change from the Animal Crossing stages at least (note: I love Animal Crossing).
This. I'm so sick of people picking these stages and Battlefield all the time, friends or otherwise; and I'm surprised they haven't been burned into my subconscious yet. I have nothing against the stages and I will play on them but c'mon, Sakurai and the dev team gave us all of these nice stages and we always come back to these same three stages because reasons.

Hopefully Umbra Tower is legal so that I'll at least get a nice change in scenery when the other player picks the stage.

Ok. Rant over.

Dutch Kirby

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhiscashQueen
3DS FC
3754-9493-1303
EDIT: Wow, sorry, posted my post about loyalty to your main in the wrong thread... :p

A question I wanted to ask: what old stages do you want to see back as DLC?

I'd like Fountain of Dreams, my favourite Melee stage. Of course I'm biased, but oh well. Another nostalgic love is Great Bay.

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
This. I'm so sick of people picking these stages and Battlefield all the time, friends or otherwise; and I'm surprised they haven't been burned into my subconscious yet. I have nothing against the stages and I will play on them but c'mon, Sakurai and the dev team gave us all of these nice stages and we always come back to these same three stages because reasons.

Hopefully Umbra Tower is legal so that I'll at least get a nice change in scenery when the other player picks the stage.

Ok. Rant over.
Though I have entered a grand total of 1 tournament so far... and didn't do very well... this is the kind of thing I found myself thinking about... knowing my thoughts are based on a lot less than optimal knowledge of the game.

Still... while I understand banning certain stages that drastically change the game (Battles on Pyrosphere/Ghar Plain quickly become about everything but attacking one's opponent... Temple and other fight club levels make finishes near impossible... very bad for time limited games...) At the same time... it does seem like the section is to restrictive... and from my very limited knowledge of the game there seem to be quite a few stages that are different enough to force some adjustment but not so different to break what makes the game fun that aren't allowed. (Kongo Jungle 64, Delphino, Castle Siege). While I understand competitive rules are supposed to remove a lot of that stuff... goes to far. (Disclaimer: I have a bias based in part on legal stages that hurt my best few characters while the ones that would allow me to have a few extra moves are disallowed.)

Does make me wonder if we need a rethink based on what Smash 4 offers... instead of trying to make it as much like the past games competitive scenes as possible.

With that said there may be some much smarter players who could give some reasons i can't comprehend at my level as to why things need to be as they are... so yea.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
As far as fun stages go, I'd love to see Great Bay make it to the Wii U.

BUT, I think Delfino Plaza and Pokemon Stadium 2 should be legal for Smash 4.

EDIT: I can see why Pokemon Stadium 2 isn't, because of the floaty part, but I don't see any reason why Delfino Plaza isn't tournament legal. Is it because it has walk-offs?

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
As far as fun stages go, I'd love to see Great Bay make it to the Wii U.

BUT, I think Delfino Plaza and Pokemon Stadium 2 should be legal for Smash 4.

EDIT: I can see why Pokemon Stadium 2 isn't, because of the floaty part, but I don't see any reason why Delfino Plaza isn't tournament legal. Is it because it has walk-offs?
The general reason people think it's not fit is because there are short parts where there are transitions between forms in which the blastzones are smaller, making it easier to kill people earlier. Many people (myself not included) feel that this is bad for competition.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Stages... Hmmm... I suggest to have a link between worlds stage, and a TRUE Mario maker Stage, filled with Ross-Like levels. >:3 That IS Mario Maker In a Nutshell though xp, also I'm back! Anyone remember me? No?, k.

Last edited:

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
Honestly, one legal stage I really wish was in Smash Wii U is Pokemon Stadium 1. I love that stage, and frankly, I can't believe PS2 is in yet not PS1.

And Fountain of Dreams, of course, but that goes without saying, doesn't it? :p

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I'd love to see more Melee stages in, too.

Fountain of dreams and Yoshi's Story come to mind for all you competetive people (love ya!)
and I will take Fourside and Brinstar Depths. Thanks for reading :)

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I just realized how pointless it would be if Big Blue was a thing with its omega form.

I'm honestly only interested in seeing more past stages (If there be anymore stages in general) for the omega versions. More omega stages like Pirate Ship!

Last edited:

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for a suprise stage to come out with umbra tower and the two chars and mii costumes but that's denial hope. I personally miss corneria (melee) and new pork city and fourside the most of missing stages. I'd also love big blue or poke floats but not as much as the other 3. The stages are still fun to play in their respective games.

gmanpizza

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping for a suprise stage to come out with umbra tower and the two chars and mii costumes but that's denial hope. I personally miss corneria (melee) and new pork city and fourside the most of missing stages. I'd also love big blue or poke floats but not as much as the other 3. The stages are still fun to play in their respective games.
This is a new development! Someone actually misses New Pork City!

gmanpizza

Smash Rookie
But what I really want to come back is Great Bay! Maybe it is just because I love Majoras Mask, but I loved that stage for some strange reason. I remember getting so excited about that "leak" a couple months back. Too bad it wasn't true...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About New Pork City, I don't miss it (it's the worst big stage IMO... And I usually love big stages), but I'm kinda surprised that it didn't came back with Lucas and the 8 players Smash.

Nah, the stages I miss are:

From Melee:
Big Blue
Great Bay
Fountain of Dreams (imagine the glorious HD reflection!)
Princess Peach's Castle

From Brawl:
Warioware (why aren't you on WiiU? :( )
Green Hill Zone (same, it's 3DS only)
Spear Pillar (with Palkia as a Pokéball, retaining only Dialga would have been cool, considering that what it does was more varied)

Anyway, the retro stage selection is still pretty good, especially considering that we got the Pirate Ship back.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
New Pork City would be tight in 5+ player fights. I just enjoyed the asthetics of the stage mostly. I loved the slippery UFO in melee too it was fun to play on. Wish there was more earthbound music too basically but I'm satisfied with what we got. A magicant wii U version would be cool

gmanpizza

Smash Rookie
New Pork City would be tight in 5+ player fights. I just enjoyed the asthetics of the stage mostly. I loved the slippery UFO in melee too it was fun to play on. Wish there was more earthbound music too basically but I'm satisfied with what we got. A magicant wii U version would be cool
For large stages, I think Palutena's Temple is good enough. Besides, like I said, who actually likes New Pork City?

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
Lol it's not a fan fave but consider me the only one I guess. I've enjoyed every stage in smash iterations so far except rumble falls I cannot say I like that one at all. Icicle mountain is far better. RIP climbers.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, so far, I don't like New Pork City... But I think that a FD version would make me like the stage, somehow. While I like some parts of the background and general look, the plateform layout is just... Bad to me.

gmanpizza

Smash Rookie
Stages I want from other games:

Smash 64: none
Melee: Icicle Mountain
Brawl: Rumble Falls

Icicle mountain is an excellent stage with unique properties. Rather than fighting, it is surviving. This teaches you life lessons such as fighting is not always the answer, and surviving is important. The reason for Rumble Falls is just because I love that spike.

Top Bottom