• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I was going to comment on that work of art, but then a spider did the classic drop down in front of your face thing.

ANYWAY, a beach stage like that would be really nice.

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who sees a new stage revealed for Smash 4 and thinks, "This looks like it'll be fair to fight on. It has enough space, ledges, and no detectable gimmick that'll ruin fair play. This could be tournament viable."

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Am I the only one who sees a new stage revealed for Smash 4 and thinks, "This looks like it'll be fair to fight on. It has enough space, ledges, and no detectable gimmick that'll ruin fair play. This could be tournament viable."
Not if Ridley's a stage hazard...

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Seeing the differences between 3DS stages and Wii U, the latter seem to have generic "flat" stages where on 3DS it stays true to the battle royale formula that represents the Smash Bros series. I like diversity and the 3DS stages are winning me over. At least these flat Wii U stages will add more variety in eye candy in stage selection because playing on 4 of 40 stages in Brawl were redundant..

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Or maybe it's just Saluray's screenshots that make them intentionally look flat.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Lets just hope sakurais quote means Ridley will be coming to the roster and not a stage hazard so lets just hope tomarrow or some other day for the results

And it will not be the end of the world if Ridley fails to be playable again

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
I would rather have more "flat" stages that can be used in tournaments than previous iterations in the series. Melee's competitive stage list is only 6 stages, and Brawl's (while somewhat larger) is not much better. By no means am I saying I don't want some crazier stages like the ones that have been shown off for the 3DS; I just want a good number of stages where skill at the game can be evaluated. Also, the crazier, more gimmicky stages need more fine tuning. Some of them, like Delfino Plaza, work pretty well, while others, like 75m, New Pork City, and Rumble Falls are abysmal.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
They should do what Mario Power Tennis did and give us an option to turn gimmicks off. Everyone is happy and that gives us more choice for tournament play.

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
They should do what Mario Power Tennis did and give us an option to turn gimmicks off. Everyone is happy and that gives us more choice for tournament play.

All of my yes. I think that's the perfect way to satisfy the competitive people, and the casual people.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Am I the only one that wants a low amount of "competitive" stages? I'd be perfectly fine with just Battle Field and Final Destination if that means I have more fun stages. Of course, the 3DS will have smaller stages, which also favors competitive play, since smaller stages are usually a favorite. Not saying the Wii U will have giant stages either.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
I want enough competitive stages that there's some variety, like maybe 6-8. and the rest to be the fun/gimmicky stages. Of course, I don't want 30 different versions of Rumble Falls or 75m. Stages like Delfino Plaza/Skyloft are great and fun because it isn't troublesome like some stages...*cough* Rumble Falls *cough*, but it also isn't boring and completely flat like Battlefield and Final Destination.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
My ideal proportions:
30% Travelling stages
30% Gimmicky stages
30% Competitive stages
10% What in the middle

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
oh snap ridley finally confirmed to be right where he belongs in the background or a boss. lol
You belong in hell, in the deepest pit possible, suffering and burning alive...but Norfair's lava pit will do.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So of the stages revealed what ones look tourney viable?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Ridley as a stage hazard will be a great waste of potential and a big demostration of lazyness, anyways, appears that sakurai havent played well a Metroid game, because his putting another lava stage...

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
So of the stages revealed what ones look tourney viable?
Not counting 3DS stages because I think they're all not viable and I doubt there will be a competitive scene for the mobile version. I think all Wii U stages look viable.

XD00155

Smash Rookie
NNID
XD00155
The street from Urban Champion would make a neat addition.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I wanted a Ridley reveal, but I'm surprised to say that the Pilotwings stage looks PRETTY ****ING COOL!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Anyone have any ideas for a Mario & Luigi stage? It would be cool to see Fawful and some Shroobs flying in the background! :)

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Sakurai already confirmed hazards off wouldn't be an option, kinda laughing about it and PSASBR as well. Don't hope for it, it's a no go.
Could you link that?

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
You know what I want to see? A stage based on Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit from Uprising.
Invisible walls and floors that can only be revealed by attacking them, giant pillars that reflect projectiles, assorted enemies in the background walking magic mechs.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have any ideas for a Mario & Luigi stage? It would be cool to see Fawful and some Shroobs flying in the background! :)
The M&L series has lots of memorable locations, one stage I would like to see is Teehee Valley from the first one, mostly because I want an official remix of that places theme, lol.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
The M&L series has lots of memorable locations, one stage I would like to see is Teehee Valley from the first one, mostly because I want an official remix of that places theme, lol.
I would like a sort of traveling stage that goes to each area of the 4 games that is most memorable! Mostly because of all the memorable characters introduced in each :3

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
This is my personal line-up of stages.

WII U:
Battlefield (Super Smash Bros)
Final Destination (Super Smash Bros)
Gateway Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)
Bowser's Castle (Super Mario Bros)
Yoshi's New Island (Yoshi's New Island)
Game & Wario (Game & Wario)
Sunset Shore (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
Skyloft (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
Outset Island (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD)
Pyrosphere (Metroid: Other M)
Biodome (Metroid: Other M)
Lor Starcutter (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
Patch Land (Kirby's Epic Yarn)
Pokemon Staidum 3 (Pokemon)
Fortuna (Star Fox)
Garden of Hope (Pikmin 3)
Smash City (Animal Crossing City Folk)
Wii Fit Gym (Wii Fit)
Smash Championship (Punch-out)

Fire Field (F-Zero)
Wuhu Island (Pilotwings)
Nintendo Land (Nintendo Land)
Miiverse (Miiverse)
Windy Hill (Sonic Lost World)
Wily's Castle (Megaman 2)

3DS:

Battlefield (Super Smash Bros)
Final Destination (Super Smash Bros)
New Mushroomy Kingdom (Super Mario 3D Land)
Bowser's Airship Fleet (Super Mario Bros 3)
Evershade Valley (Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon)
Luigi's Dreams (Mario & Luigi Dream Team)
Rickety Rails (Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D)
Gerudo Valley (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D)
Spirit Train (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)

Green Grounds (Kirby Mass Attack)
Giant Chasm (Pokemon Black and White)
Reset Bomb Forest (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Main Street (Animal Crossing New Leaf)
Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Saturn Valley (Mother 3)
Nintendog Playroom (Nintendogs)
Pushmo Park (Pushmo)
Rolling West (Dillon's Rolling Western)
Flat Zone 3 (Game & Watch)
Tetris (Tetris)
Streetpass Quest (Streetpass)

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Could you link that?

French interview with Sakurai, I even translated it for you.

JUST CLICK HERE!

Or if you are REALLY lazy: You can still manage the appearance of objects, but you can not disable the damage sets. If we offered this option, you then end up with PlayStation All-Stars!

It's kinda wonky because of the translation, but asking a French speaking friend, he seemed to be referring to hazards.

Top Bottom