• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Please limit stage discussion to this thread. Feel free to post speculations on which stages will be brought back and potential new battlegrounds!

BSP

Smash Legend
First I bet Final Destination will be a stage

We can probably expect something from uprising. I don't know what because I don't have the game.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, seeing as Namco-Bandai is going to work on the game with Nintendo/Project Sora, And seeing as there's a good chance Pac-Man will be a newcomer (I still want KOS-MOS), here's a stage idea I think will fit Pac-Man quite well:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'd like any stage of anything from Rhythm Heaven Fever. But mostly something from Working Doughs.

And the Halberd, hooray for me, is guaranteed to return. :bee:

BSP

Smash Legend
Well, seeing as Namco-Bandai is going to work on the game with Nintendo/Project Sora, And seeing as there's a good chance Pac-Man will be a newcomer (I still want KOS-MOS), here's a stage idea I think will fit Pac-Man quite well:

That looks like a tech-fest waiting to happen

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'd like any stage of anything from Rhythm Heaven Fever. But mostly something from Working Doughs.
Something from Rhythm Heaven would be really awesome, especially with the visuals, combined with an HD display. I'd say it has the potential to be the flashiest looking stage in any Smash Bros. game.
And the Halberd, hooray for me, is guaranteed to return. :bee:
How do you know if it's guaranteed to return?
That looks like a tech-fest waiting to happen
That comment made me laugh pretty loud. As right as you are, I can still see a stage like this being made to represent Pac-Man if they ever do include him. It goes without saying that depending on how they actually design the stage, it will most likely be banned outright from tournament play. Still, it would be entertaining though.

BSP

Smash Legend
Or maybe it'll be a decent stage with a Pac-man game going in the background? That could work.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
How do you know if it's guaranteed to return?
If they use returning Brawl stages, and they try to use a stage for every major franchise, Halberd is really the only option for Kirby.

Same with Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Port Town Aero Dive, and uh... New Pork City... :glare:

But maybe this time they'll choose to bring back stages based only on popularity instead of primarily to represent a specific series.
Or maybe (and hopefully) they won't just restrict themselves to past stages from Brawl...

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I think in the next Smash, we will se more of the asymmetric gameplay, for example, one player (with de WiiU gamepad) play tetris, while the other four, play in the stage with the pieces falling from the sky, the same for other games, like pacman or any other arcade game.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
If they use returning Brawl stages, and they try to use a stage for every major franchise, Halberd is really the only option for Kirby.

Same with Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Port Town Aero Dive, and uh... New Pork City... :glare:

But maybe this time they'll choose to bring back stages based only on popularity instead of primarily to represent a specific series.
Or maybe (and hopefully) they won't just restrict themselves to past stages from Brawl...
Y'know, you do bring a very solid point. With that, I also hope they bring back N64 stages, because Hyrule Castle, Mushroom Kingdom, Dream Land, and Metal Cave would be great additions. You know what? Just bring back all of them, since they were all really cool in the day. Yeah, you'll have Yoshi's Island and Sector Z banned to hell (among other stages), but it would be great for the sake of nostalgia. Plus, the music for Metal Cave is still among my most favorite tracks in Smash 64.
I think in the next Smash, we will se more of the asymmetric gameplay, for example, one player (with de WiiU gamepad) play tetris, while the other four, play in the stage with the pieces falling from the sky, the same for other games, like pacman or any other arcade game.
Knowing Nintendo and their gimmicks, it wouldn't surprise me. Though I can imagine this would be something completely optional, or is used as one of those special modes, like Super Sudden Death, Giant Brawl, etc..

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing that the Battlefield will probably take place in a dark cave full of spires, and that the Final Destination's answer to Melee's clouds and Brawl's golden ocean will be a deep forest. I'm also predicting 25 all-new starting stages and 12 retro maps.

If Pac-Man's labyrinth is to be a stage, they have a LOT of room for improvement over 75M (#324) and Mario Bros Arcade (#326). They'll have to only have parts of it in platforms, shifting between 3 or 4 sectors. If need be, vertical walls may be replaced with elevators instead. Hey, Planet Zebes (#104) in Smash 1 did it!

I wonder how they'll make a new Wario Ware stage. I can't say I'd condone a Wario Ware Inc 2. At least it wasn't as easy to get KO'd in Flat Zone 2 (#329) as in Flat Zone (#224), but they still have some room for improvement for both those franchises.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm calling the disappearance of Rainbow Cruise

Poke floats was first, it'll be next.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Fight a top skyscrapers in the largest city in the Pokemon series, Castelia City.

Taking inspiration from a few past stages, here you fight a top roof tops, the center building being the Battle Company building. The stage changes from day to night, but being in the big city there's still plenty of lights.

The stage also features cameos through signs that are plasted on building walls both in the background and foreground highlighting places in the city such as Game Freak (4th Wall!!!), Casteliacones, and the Central Park.

Unlike a lot of stages, when you zoom out the camera zooms out quite far in order to give a sense of scale, you can even see locations such as Sky Arrow Bridge, Unity Tower, and the Liberty Garden as well as the busy streets below.

Various flying and roaming Pokemon can be seen in the background such as Pidove, Swanna, and even occationally Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.

Stage Example:
xxxxxxxxx________xxxxxxxx
xx____xx|xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxx
x|xxxx|xx|xxxxxxxx|xx____xx
x|xxxx|xx|xxxxxxxx|xx|xxx|x

Stage Name: Castelia City
Stage Icon: Pokeball

Music:
Pokemon Red/Blue - Main Theme
Pokemon Black/White - Wild Pokemon Battle
Pokemon Black/White - Castelia City
Pokemon Black/White - Sky Arrow Bridge
Pokemon Black/White - Nimbasa City
Pokemon Black/White - Route 10
Pokemon Black/White - Team Plasma Battle
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - Route 210
Pokemon Gold/Silver - Route 26
Pokemon Red/Blue - Route 1 (Brawl)
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - Wild Pokemon Battle (Brawl)
Pulseman - Neo Tokyo

Reposted so I can beat Star to the first Stage Concept. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll find and upgrade my idea for a Magicant Stage.

Earthbound 0 style

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I heard somewhere that they were looking to make stage hazards more prominent or something.

Like master hand coming down in Final Destination and whoever kills it gets a smashball.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Magicant that combines MOTHER and Earthbound imo

I heard somewhere that they were looking to make stage hazards more prominent or something.

Like master hand coming down in Final Destination and whoever kills it gets a smashball.
wut

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
@Zaj

I want a source before I start getting mad at that idea :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Black and White stage? Or Black and White 2 stage?

:phone:

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Well, part of the brawl's team worked on the TMNT smash up game, and in that game they made stage hazards more prominent.

BSP

Smash Legend

I hope you're trolling or something

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hope you're trolling or something
No official statement had said that, and no rumor that I've heard has as well.

It must be either a false source or a troll

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I haven't read that anywhere, and unless that's a rather new piece of information, its probably not true.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It probably wouldn't capture the image of the city perfectly. But what about fighting at the docks with boats coming in or out. Them being able to use as platforms while their in

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Not even I have heard of that, and I was more or less in charge of the sources for the Wii U thread. Definitely false (until proven).

I can see that as a stage once it's updated to reflect B2W2.
Yeah, I sort of made it a week before BW2 came out (didn't think the game would change that much). Derp move on my part. :embarrass:

True Blue

Smash Lord
I wouldn't want a lot of Stage Hazards but I would like a LOT of stages that act like PS1/2 and Frigate. I want transformations that make people adapt on the fly but don't kill them. Like Delfino too.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'd be down with that too. Transformations, not hazards.

If there are hazards, not fatal ones, IE port town cars.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would say Starship Mario or a Mario Galaxy themed stage is guaranteed.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'd be down with that too. Transformations, not hazards.

If there are hazards, not fatal ones, IE port town cars.
Those Port Town cars were disgusting. They actually killed just as fast - if not, faster than - the acid in Planet Zebes from Smash 64.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I spent a good long while sorting through all my AIM and Skype logs trying to find the link for where I saw it, but I just can't weed it out.

And googling it is even more frustrating.

If I can't find it, it's probably not that big of a deal, so I wouldn't worry about it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yeah I looked at some sources off of Wikipedia but nothing suggesting that really yet.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I would say Starship Mario or a Mario Galaxy themed stage is guaranteed.
Nice username by the way. Starship Mario and Comet Observatory each have a 50/50 chance. Starship Mario is from a newer 3D Mario adventure, while Comet Observatory is more distinctly shaped, and platforms and a moving stage could be arranged more easily.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I already assume that an animal crossing and Luigi's mansion stages will be created because of their new games but id like to see a paper Mario like stage where a gimmick could be it turns all characters into paper versions of themselves.

-J-

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing that the Battlefield will probably take place in a dark cave full of spires, and that the Final Destination's answer to Melee's clouds and Brawl's golden ocean will be a deep forest. I'm also predicting 25 all-new starting stages and 12 retro maps.
That would be pretty badass.

I also agree with @Venus of the Desert Bloom that we will be obtaining some form of Galaxy stage this time around. Whether it's a general galaxy tour on a group of platforms (ala Delfino Plaza) or one based over Starship Mario or Comet Observatory, or something else entirely, we're pretty much guaranteed something Galaxy based on how big it was during the Wii's hayday. I'm also expecting the appearance of Bowser's Castle, after all of this time. Rainbow Road seems like something that'd be obvious unless we get another Mario Circuit, or a Luigi Raceway for that boy's home-stage. I'd personally love a Mario Party-based stage.

Skyloft is also a shoe-in at this point, IMO.

For Fire Emblem, I'm hoping we get more character-associated stages this time around instead of something generic (as much as I enjoy Castle Siege), like Archanea for Marth, as was found in Melee's data. That'd be cool.

I agree that the Port Town cars were waaaaaaaaay too out-there in the cheap-shot department. While the stage itself is cool, I hope the next F-Zero stage isn't as particularly crazy with its, ahem horsepower :>, as it is with Port Town. Mute City from Melee was fine with me.

Black and White/B2W2 stage? I can totally see that being Castelia City. Perhaps it'll be snowed over, maybe occasionally, to signify its B2W2 presence, as well.

For Mother, I want something not as all-over-the-place as New Pork City. Man, that stage was a pain in the neck during Intense Classic Mode matches- especially ones where you need to dispatch sum-odd amounts of Ness and Lucas before moving on to the next exhibition. I would love a Summers/Winters stage. Twoson or (most likely, IMO) Saturn Valley would also be appropriate.

Mt. Dedede is needed. That would be lovely.

As far as Pac-Man's Maze stage goes, I agree that that'd be the most iconic path to take. Let's face it - we're probably getting him, and however they conform the stage, it's more than likely going to be the Maze that we indeed get. I'm also going to say that he can have assets from Pac-Man 2, Adventures, and World titles too, so it won't be all so arcadey-vanilla moveset-wise and it could actually be rather interesting.

The Tetris idea demonstrated on the first stage would be interesting, but I hope they have a way in mind to keep the Wii U Pad gamer from "cheating". Perhaps this would be in a special mode. I can't see it affecting the core gameplay like that during Classic Mode. But it's a neat idea.

You know what interests me?

What the Nazo no Murasame jo stage can end up being like, assuming we do get Takamaru. After the whole Nintendo Land skit, I'm kinda-sorta expecting a full-fledged revival ala Pit with Brawl, but that's me.

EDIT:
OMG YES @smashmanx7 - I would be all over a Paper Mario stage. It's actually something I'm expecting regardless of Paper Mario's inclusion as an actual playable character or not. Perhaps the Battle Stage from TTYD, Toad Town, or the main HUB of wherever Sticker Star is set.

Top Bottom