• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion Thread (Current: WarioWare)

Agi

Smash Lord
WarioWare

Stage Size: Small
Platforms: 4
Ceiling: Very Low
Side Blast Zones: Very Close

+ Small side blast zones make it easy to confirm kills
+ Platforms are low, making sharking/techchasing viable
+ Platforms near edge of stage, SB cancels into offstage pursuit
+ Small (in general,) combo strings easier to maintain
+ Homefield advantage

- Small stage, disadvantage against characters with powerful disjoints
- SB mobility limited by platform placement
- Low ceiling favors characters with powerful vertical KO options

Personally, this is the stage I'll pick every time it's available if the matchup isn't prohibitively bad. I find that Wario's combo game benefits strongly from the layout, UThrow sets up well against spacies for a chaingrab in the center and a strong techchase opportunity underneath the platforms, not to mention bite strings continually throwing them back into a reset of the situation. Platform camping can make it difficult to apply shield pressure, but once you find your opening it's a breeze to convert into a kill against most characters. I'd say this is a GOOD counterpick option for Wario.

Any thoughts?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Great CP, platforms make bite tech chasing absurdly easy, we kill off the sides early, which is great.

Can use SB to bounce off of the sides for recovery mixups. SB off platforms is neat too.

Platforms also make uair strings to waft vertical kills possible and fun :^)

This is my go to CP but it always gets banned in my region by everyone. Oh well.

Agi

Smash Lord
Who WOULDN'T a Wario want to take here? Marth is the obvious one - I tend to avoid taking Falco here out of fear of pillaring on the platforms, I'm terrible at dealing with that pressure. Bowser's another one I tend to avoid taking to this stage, I want as much space as possible when trying to weave around that guy, thanks. I feel Roy also uses the platforms very well for his combo game but think the advantages more or less cancel eachother out there, would probably go DL or something but wouldn't cringe -too- hard if he picked here. Zard, DK, Sheik and G&W are other characters I don't like taking to this stage - just don't like their abilities to either go deep offstage for an easy kill or use the platforms for free combo extensions.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Anyone with a recovery and mobility ****tier than wario's I'm comfortable takin to dreamland. Falco for example.

Over Warioware

Last edited:

DirtyRoach

Smash Cadet
Space animals excluding Wolf and swords are the only characters I wouldn't take here. Everyone else, sure, why not, the tech chasing is extremely straightforward, and SB lands so many kills <60 it's absurd. On the topic of Bowser, we only have one bowser main, but I take him here whenever we run sets just because it's easy to uthrow tech chase onto platforms, punish him hard and then destroy him when he needs to recover. AKA... how you fight bowser anyway.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Imo depends entirely on the matchup. If you're playing against someone slow with a bad recovery take me somewhere big like dreamland. If they have a better recovery than you or are fast and hard to gimp I usually go smaller like Warioware FoD etc. Even then I'd still be fluid and adjust during the set to my opponent's playstyle. Wario doesn't have one good stage.

That said warioware is my default cp for musical reasons.

Top Bottom