• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion: Stages you would like to see

UserKev

Smash Champion
There does seem to be a lack of stage discussion, which is the 2nd most important part of Smash. What are some levels in separate IP's not yet in Smash would you like to see included as a Vs. stage in the series?

The realization just hit me that the theater from Paper Mario 64/TTYD would be an amazing addition. I'm also interested in a Saturn Valley stage.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
It's more than past time that Dr. Mario got a stage of his own. if it involves fighting in a giant glass jar filled with vitamins and viruses all the better.

There are three Metroid ideas I'd like to see.
Mother Brain's chamber, with the lava, those regenerating shields, and those laser things.
The Touchdown on Zebes from Super Metroid where you fight outside in the rain and on top of Samus's ship.
Retro-Metroid, based on the beginning of the NES game.

I'd also love it if Donkey Kong got a new level based on the original game that didn't suck.

Moonside from Earthbound could also be fun.

Bowser needs a stage set in his castle. I'd prefer the old NES white bricks and fireball style castle with a disppearing bridge myself, but I'm open for other ideas.
Daisy could use a stage as well. Something set in Sarasaland with pyramids and Easter Island statues would be nice. I'd be okay with either ganmebody style graphics or modern graphics.

Megaman could also use a new stage, somethign without the Yellow Devil. Give him some disappearing blocks and those doors that automatically open and close.

A Castlevania graveyard stage. We have two Castlevania characters, we might as well have new stage and graevyards are present ina lot of the games.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
It's more than past time that Dr. Mario got a stage of his own. if it involves fighting in a giant glass jar filled with vitamins and viruses all the better.
If we're talking about drop puzzle stages, Tetris is long overdue. It's one of the most significant video games of all time and all it's got is a couple music tracks.

I listed these in my own similar thread not too long ago but Giygas and Worms would also make very cool stages.

UserKev

Smash Champion

There are three Metroid ideas I'd like to see.
Mother Brain's chamber, with the lava, those regenerating shields, and those laser things.
The Touchdown on Zebes from Super Metroid where you fight outside in the rain and on top of Samus's ship.
Retro-Metroid, based on the beginning of the NES game.

I'd also love it if Donkey Kong got a new level based on the original game that didn't suck.

Moonside from Earthbound could also be fun.

Bowser needs a stage set in his castle. I'd prefer the old NES white bricks and fireball style castle with a disppearing bridge myself, but I'm open for other ideas.
Daisy could use a stage as well. Something set in Sarasaland with pyramids and Easter Island statues would be nice. I'd be okay with either ganmebody style graphics or modern graphics.

Megaman could also use a new stage, somethign without the Yellow Devil. Give him some disappearing blocks and those doors that automatically open and close.

A Castlevania graveyard stage. We have two Castlevania characters, we might as well have new stage and graevyards are present ina lot of the games.
I absolutely agree with every idea you have written. I'm a Metroid newbie, have yet to tap with playing the series, but I love The Zebes where you fight on top of Samus's ship. Hyped! Its also commonly establish we could do without a new DK jungle stage.

Amazing that I have just as much dream stages as characters, the right stages could really set some new serious tones.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
An Excitebike stage
Bowser's Castle
Urban Champion
Podunk
Airship (Mario)
Death Egg
Chemical Plant Zone
Wind Fish
Gangplank Galleon
Butter Building
Bramble Blast
Saturn Valley
Devil's Machine
Robot Mueseum
Mueseum (Animal Crossing)
Lost Lure Creek
That's the main ones. I've got a lot more on my spreadsheet.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I want a Sonic Colours stage, that brings tons of tracks from this game. This stage could be Planet Wisp or Aquarium Park.

Airship from Super Mario Galaxy would also be great. And I just had an idea : Final Level. This one would be based on every final level that can be found in Mario games, like the crown level of 3D Land, the purple level 241 star level from Mario Galaxy, final level of Galaxy 2, etc ... This stage, while bringing amazing tracks (I want special world 8 theme from 3D Land) could be a tricky platforming stage, with tiny platforms above the void. Each game will have a part of their own final level, the scrolling finishing with the building found at the end of Darker Side from Odyssey. The main music would be "Super Mario Medley" which would be a medley of all main themes from Mario platforming games.

I would also love a Nintendo Land stage, which could take place on the main platform where you can play the ball game to collect objects. Sometimes, you would be put in of the mini game the game offers, bringing different hazards and events.

A Big Brain Academy could also be fun, alongside with a Style Savvy stage. And it's about time that R.O.B and Doctor Mario get their home stage, alongside Daisy, K.Rool, Piranha Plant, Bowser, Corrin, Mewtwo and Inceneroar.

And yeah, I want a Tetris stage too ! That could work so well !

And finally, can we have Rainbow Road from MK7 back AND Rainbow road from MK64 as a stage, with the constellation being the faces of the current characters on the battlefield ?

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
I want a stage based on the Dragon Fight of the 3DS AR Games. It's a weird pick, I know.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
-Phantom Road (F-Zero)
-Dream Den (Pikmin)
-Center of Time (Sonic)
-Dark Star (Kirby)
-Bowser's Castle (Mario)
-Crafted World (Yoshi, you fight on the train)
-Castle DDD (Kirby)
-G.U.N Truck (Sonic, you fight on top of the Truck as it goes on a destructive rampage through the entire city running over cars and destroying buildings.)

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My choices for stages

Bowser's Castle
Dragon Driftway
Sarassaland
Dr.Mario Stage
Gangplank Galleon
Castle Dedede
Alolan Tour
Studiopolis Zone
Gyromite Stage
Urchin Underpass
64 Desk
Meta Crystal

Stages that should return

Poke Floats
Rainbow Road
Pac-Maze
Yoshi's Woolly World
Orbital Gate Assault (very unlikely)

and (very unpopular)

Rumble Falls

That is all I got

UserKev

Smash Champion
Metal Cavern will always be part of my most wanted stage list, its a really infamous, but classic stage.

I would love the Secret Level as a stage from Super Mario Sunshine, thank god for it being acknowledged. I still want Shifting Sand land and Majora's Mask Clock Town.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I'd also like to see a stage set underwater in original Super Mario bros style. Maybe they could have the stage give the characters more floaty jumps or something.

A scrolling Kirby Rainbow course stage could also be fun. I know a lot of people don't like the autoscrolling stages, but I usually find them fun.

D

Deleted member

There's a lot of great ideas for new Smash Stages. Stage Builder helps to realized a few of these but it's not entirely the same. There are so many amazing stage options that I can't possibly list every single one I'd love to see. Especially when you take into account all the ideas other people could have that you've never thought of before. Something I saw a lot of when I hosted that Stage Creation Contest last year.

To keep things narrowed down, I'd like to see new stages that can serve as a home stage for characters who lack one of their own. You know how Fire Emblem has 7 characters but only 3 stages? One stage for each FE character is the kind of thing I'm thinking of.

So in that regard, here are my ideas:

:ultbowser: - Okay technically speaking there's enough Mario stages in Ultimate already to where you could assign one to each individual Mario Character. The problem here is that none of them really.........fit, as a Bowser Home Stage. So yeah, I'll jump on the "Put in Bowser's Castle" train.

:ultdoc: - Pretty much the same case here as with Bowser. A Dr. Mario stage would be appreciated.

:ultlucina: - So of the 3 Fire Emblem Stages we have so far, my opinion is that Coliseum fits best for Marth, Castle Siege fits best for Ike, and Arena Ferox fits best for Chrom. So what new idea could work for Lucina? I'm thinking the outrealms. Basically a traveling and/or warping stage going through battle maps from a bunch of different Fire Emblem Games. That whole concept started with Awakening and has some ties to Lucina's Time Traveling so it sounds pretty good to me.

:ultganondorf: - Now this one is more a...........Pseudo entry. Fitting as a Ganon's Tower Stage would be, part of me feels like Bridge of Eldin fits as Ganondorf's home stage well enough considering the final battle of Twilight Princess. Still, some may disagree with that so I'll mention this here anyway.

:ultroy: - Oh Boy. This one might be a tricky since I haven't delved too much into Pre-Awakening Fire Emblem games yet. Hmmmmmmmmmm......perhaps Castle Ostia?

:ultrob: - I'm not saying the idea of throwing in the Retro Stages like Wrecking Crew as R.O.B.'s home stage doesn't work. But actually seeing a Gyromite stage or a Stack-Up stage would be nice.

:ultrobin: - I think we're at a point where the spoiler factor of having the back of the Fell Dragon Grima as a stage isn't quite as severe.

:ultken: - Ken has had a couple of home stages throughout his Street Fighter career. The Battle Harbor from SF2 is the obvious pick, but I supposed there are other options.

:ultcorrin: - One would think the Opera House from the Trailers and you know what fair enough. That's not a bad idea. But the Bottomless Canyon sounds pretty good too.

:ultrichter: - I don't know how many of you are familiar with Rondo of Blood. But the first level in that game is a village set ablaze called "Dinner of Flames". I think that would be a good home stage for Richter.

:ultkrool: - I'm honestly surprised we didn't get a Gangplank Galleon Stage. Sure we already have a Pirate Ship with, well, Pirate Ship. But if we're talking home stages than I think they'd have to be from the same series. Though I guess that is up for debate.

:ultincineroar: - The lack of a Sun & Moon stage surprised me even more. Ultra Space might been cutting it too close for the base game but you still got plenty of Tropical Island locations to use I'm sure.

Other than that whole Home Stage thing. It'd be nice to have a Wario Land Stage to compliment the WarioWare stuff. And I'd also like to see some more stuff from other categories of Mario games besides Kart and the Platformers. We do have a Paper Mario stage currently but it's got a couple of hiccups to it. A more appealing Paper Mario Stage, as well as stages from games like Mario & Luigi and the Sports games would be nice too see as well.

Also a new Xenoblade Stage. I don't care which of the 3 games you pull it from just make it so that it doesn't have to rely on Battlefield and Omega Forms to be good.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Speaking out of curiosity, how would a stage based off a Pokemon Center work?
Could be interesting depending on how its organized. It should use its more simplistic look, haven't played Pokémon in a long time. :laugh: It could have a type of hazard that both heals or drain the damage percentage by small bits.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Mining Melancholy or Fear Factory from DKC
Ultra Space as a traveling stage that takes you to various dungeons.

D

Deleted member

I dont have stages in particular but i'll be satisfied if more of these types of stages made it in the next smash.

More stages that focus on platforming, both horizontal and vertical.

More stages like "Wario"ware that focus on minigames.

A Target Smash Builder.

Smash run combined with the platforming sections of Melee's adventure mode. For example instead of racing through a bland stage you instead race through the Big Blue stage

UserKev

Smash Champion
I dont have stages in particular but i'll be satisfied if more of these types of stages made it in the next smash.

More stages that focus on platforming, both horizontal and vertical.

More stages like "Wario"ware that focus on minigames.

A Target Smash Builder.

Smash run combined with the platforming sections of Melee's adventure mode. For example instead of racing through a bland stage you instead race through the Big Blue stage
I.. actually wouldn't mind a break the target stage/stage with targets as a call back. They'd also be great hazards in their own right. This could be a fun stage.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Theater - PMTTYD
Bowser's Keep - SMRPG
Ganon's Tower - Ocarina of Time
Gangplank Galleon - DKC
Gruntilda's Lair - Banjo-Kazooie
Hailfire Peaks - Banjo-Tooie
Clock Town - Majora's Mask

Last edited:

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see Cave from Pikmin 2. There are many caves in Pikmin 2, but instead of picking one in particular, I think one that mixes every type of floor would be perfect. For whoever hasn't played Pikmin 2, once you enter a cave, you get transported to a specific themed floor. There you have to get as many treasures as you can and then find the exit: a hole that takes you to the next floor. When you get to the last floor, the exit is a geyser that throws you outside the cave.

Ok, so Cave would work like a mix between Castle Siege and Norfair. The battle starts in one of these random floors. Eventually, a hole will appear in the ground. Every fighter needs to get in the hole, as this means the screen will transport to the next floor. Any player that didn't make it in, gets Star KOed. After let's say, three or four different floors, a geyser appears. It acts the same as the hole, except this transition sends the fighters back to floor one.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Cave from Pikmin 2. There are many caves in Pikmin 2, but instead of picking one in particular, I think one that mixes every type of floor would be perfect. For whoever hasn't played Pikmin 2, once you enter a cave, you get transported to a specific themed floor. There you have to get as many treasures as you can and then find the exit: a hole that takes you to the next floor. When you get to the last floor, the exit is a geyser that throws you outside the cave.

Ok, so Cave would work like a mix between Castle Siege and Norfair. The battle starts in one of these random floors. Eventually, a hole will appear in the ground. Every fighter needs to get in the hole, as this means the screen will transport to the next floor. Any player that didn't make it in, gets Star KOed. After let's say, three or four different floors, a geyser appears. It acts the same as the hole, except this transition sends the fighters back to floor one.
Thought of the same thing for a long time. I thought it would just have random elements from the caves as hazards instead of random layouts. So tuff like Carning Deriji Bugs (I tried) would pop up and drop bomb rocks, Mamutas would ground people, Fire Geysers would shoot out lava, etc.

Quillion

Smash Hero
As far as first party stages go...
  • Bowser's Castle, as with most everyone else here
  • Gyromite for ROB
  • Dr. Mario's lab
  • A Wario Land stage
I don't really want much else.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I would like the return of previous Final Destination stages, like the one from Brawl and the one from Smash4WiiU. The new FS is good, but I miss the flat and not-irregular style of previous final destinations. Also, the background of these previous FS stages are awesome, I dont understand why they abandon previous versions of FS stages.

I would also like some good Mario Odyssey stage. I think that the Mario Odyssey stage they added to the game doesnt represent too well the travelling spirit of the game.. it's just music in a building, too much similar to the Pokemon Prism Tower stage. it could be so much more with some travelling between worlds, the dinossaur, and more.

Actually all new stages of Smash Ultimate are kind of.. too simple. Some are really beautiful, and I like most of them, but I miss some more dynamic stages. Even the stages they added on the DLCs are not really impressive. The Persona stage is just a regular stage with some walls that appear on the sides or at the top of the stage, and the dragon quest stage is just... a surface that travels through a background. They are beautiful, but again, nothing really impressive or that adds anything interesting.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I.. actually wouldn't mind a break the target stage/stage with targets as a call back. They'd also be great hazards in their own right. This could be a fun stage.

I just realized the Mario golf course is in the background.
Now that is some attention to detail.
Also as a home stage for mewtwo we could have cerulean cave!

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I’m honestly surprised we haven’t gotten a Mario Party stage yet, a stage based on one of the classic boards make the most sense but I wouldn’t mind one based on River Survival from SMP.

I’ve also always thought that the Distortion World from Pokemon Platinum would be cool. As well as one based on Mystery Dungeon, preferably from the Explorers series.

Also one based on Overcooked! Any of the cool and unique levels they have could make a cool stage.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Castle Dedede is now a dream pick of mind. I'm very interested in what it has to offer. Either version, Kirby 64 or Star Allies would work.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Bowser's Road is looking to be excellent, Super Mario 64 to be specific. The lava themed version and Bowser in the sky are examples.

Interestingly, the arena at the end of the level where you face Bowser should have been used as an alternate Final Destination.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm intrigued by a Cave of The Past stage. Updated with already interesting details. It'd serve the same purpose as a definitive Earthbound stage as Saturn Valley. NOT Devil's Machine. :rolleyes:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Temple of Mila: Changes a fighter’s base stats depending on the class shown in a light that shines down.

Soldier: Increases physical power but slightly lowers speed.
Mercenary: Increases speed and physical power but lowers defense.
Cavalier: Increases speed and nothing else.
Archer: Increases ranged power but slightly decreases speed.
Pegasus Knight: Increases jump power but slightly decreases attack power.
Mage: Increases ranged power but decreases defense.
Cleric: Greatly heals off damage but slightly decreases attack power and defense.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Feel like we could've gotten a more interesting Mario Sunshine stage with graffiti hazards.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Station of Awakening: Shows projections of different parts of the original KH worlds that appear on a giant flat stage.

Destiny Islands: The bridge near the water; cameos by KH1 Riku and Kairi.

Traverse Town: The tower in the 4th district, before the coliseum. A Meow Wow balloon appears on one side of the stage every now and then.

Hollow Bastion: The moving platforms near the last floor of the castle; cameos by Shadows, Soldiers and Large Bodies.

End of the World: A group of space rocks that float in different directions, and sometimes clash with each other; cameo by Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.

Radiant Garden: The gate to the castle, with two pillars on either side; cameos by BbS Kairi, Even, Dilan, Ienzo and Aeleus.

Castle Oblivion: A group of twisted platforms with doors that teleport the player to different sections; cameos by Marluxia, Larxene, Vexen, Zexion, Lexeaus, and Naminé.

Twilight Town: The Clock Tower with buildings on either side down below, above a tram; cameos by Axel, Roxas and Xion.

The World that Never Was: Buildings that occasionally move up and down; cameos by Saïx, Xigbar, Luxord, Demyx, Xaldin, and Xemnas.

Land of Departure: A central platform in the middle, with two floating platforms on either side held together by a breakable chain; cameos by Terra, Ventus, Aqua and Eraqus.

Keyblade Graveyard: A stony stage with ravaged Keyblades that pop up from a random area of the screen (31%, medium knockback); cameos by Vanitas and Master Xehanort.

Scala ad Caelum: The top of the clock tower where the final battle of KH3 takes place; cameos by the Seekers of Darkness, who all cast a spell that rains down lasers on random reticles on the stage (30%, medium knockback)

The order of the projections is random, but Scala is usually the 4th or 5th one.

After every 3rd projection, a Darkside appears as a stage boss.

Last edited:
Top Bottom