• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion: Stages you would like to see

UserKev

Smash Champion
Bell Tower could be great. I couldn't exactly find a satisfying image of the tower's outside. It would definitely be a nice break away from the Stadium themes.
1701640197379.png

I'd also love the stage to capture the haunting aspect of it. And you could include interesting background details and the additional Pokemon that frequently reside near the tower, Spinarak, other bug and grass Pokemon.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Bell Tower could be great. I couldn't exactly find a satisfying image of the tower's outside. It would definitely be a nice break away from the Stadium themes.
View attachment 381296
I'd also love the stage to capture the haunting aspect of it. And you could include interesting background details and the additional Pokemon that frequently reside near the tower, Spinarak, other bug and grass Pokemon.
yeah not only that but generations 2 and 3 have nothing significant (i mean pichu is just pikachus pre evo)
Giving us stages from both games would be great!
You could also do bellsprout tower after all the tileset for bell tower was made for bellsprout tower (the moving pillar for example)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Smash could do with a good beat-em-up elevator stage. Not a scrolling stage, just something with a background that moves up or down, perhaps it could have side platforms that scroll while the main part of the stage doesn't.
Umbra Clock Tower sorta gives me that feeling sometimes. Although I wish the background was more interesting.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Smash could do with a good beat-em-up elevator stage. Not a scrolling stage, just something with a background that moves up or down, perhaps it could have side platforms that scroll while the main part of the stage doesn't.
I know that you're probably picturing something that scrolls slowly, but man your idea made me realize how much I didn't know I wanted Terminal Velocity from Sonic Colors as a stage. Massive flippin' space elevator connecting Earth and Doctor Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park™, what's not to love? It was such a cool idea for a location even in its game of origin, it's practically guaranteed to stand out in Smash. Instead of, y'know.... more green hill....

I'm picturing the main platform rapidly descending as you see this massive space elevator looming in the background. I think it'd be really fun to be descending the entire time, but the main platform still slowly and dynamically moves around so you can see the scene from different angles (and so you're not looking at the same part of the elevator the entire time). Basically what Hollow Bastion does but a lot slower.

1704244623522.png
1704244643666.png

1704244721061.png

I definitely think the latter two camera shots could have an awesome "wow" factor, with Earth looming on the horizon in one, and Eggman's Park in the other. Also, you could literally just have the Terminal Velocity theme (as heard in the gameplay footage of the video) play on this stage and nothing else and I'd honestly not even care, it's such a banger track and suits the mood perfectly that I wouldn't need anything else.

(Man, like.... can we... can we please stop getting generic grasslands for stages and have stand-out moments from games turned into stages instead? Like I know I'm preaching to the choir at this point, but every time I see (or come up with) a new idea for a really cool stage I just end up even more dissatisfied with what we currently have and how utterly uninspired it is.)

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
my list is pretty big
-SMRPG stage anything forest maze, Axem rangers ship, smithy’s factory
-Sun chase moon from street fighter 5
-minesweeper stage or windows games themed stage in general since Microsoft is part of smash now
-virtual boy stage has something like teleroboxer, Wario land, Mario clash
-Wario land stage
-Tetris stage
-Arkanoid stage
-Mario party stage specifically kamek’s library from Mario party DS
-PMD stage specifically temporal tower from PMD2
-actual bowser castle stage
-Dr. Mario stage
-gyromite stage for R.O.B. Since he doesn’t have a home stage yet for whatever reason
-bring back rainbow road, pac-maze, metal cavern
-stunt race fx stage with the truck being the stage itself
-statue of the gods from final fantasy 6 that goes through all the phases
-doshin the giant as a stage
-yoshi island snes final boss level as a stage
-club Penguin stage since Disney is now part of smash
-timeless river stage from kingdom hearts I think that’s the closest thing we could get to steamboat willie content
-mappy stage which uses pac-man up special jumper for that purpose
-somehow bringing back miiverse stage but with alternative way to post draw and post the art in game splatoon 2 had that while it was on switch
-new island stage from Pokémon first movie to give Mewtwo a stage

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Really liked the "First Destination" idea from Smash Remix.
Smash Remix has a lot of cool ideas for stages. That field from the Smash 64 intro? That's a massive walkoff stage in Remix and actually kinda fun to fight on.

1704400149485.png
1704400312900.png

-minesweeper stage or windows games themed stage in general since Microsoft is part of smash now
I like these two the most. Minesweeper would be fun to represent in a Smash title, and having the Final Battle from Yoshi's Island sounds super sick, especially if you have Big Baby Bowser in the background launch fireballs toward the foreground. Come to think of it, it'd be really cool as an aesthetic thing to have him move toward the foreground like the original, and his movement is synced to the timer, so he destroys the foreground and hits everyone on-screen at exactly 0:00.

1704400574265.png

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If Microsoft ever makes a platform fighter of their own, Windows needs to be one of the most represented franchises in stages, even if character-wise you're probably good to go with just Clippy and maybe the SkiFree yeti (who isn't actually an MS property, but still) - the desktop is obvious, but you've also got Space Cadet 3D; the Bob houses; the original text-based DOS interface; a fair share of commercials to draw from; 3D Movie Maker; a few wallpapers that could make for stages of their own; Purble Place; you could even split up all the versions of Windows into different desktop stages

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
In the Smash Infinite Beyond thread, we added a cool stage based on various locations of the Subspace Emissary (it would cycle through different stages). The Adventure Mode of Brawl is such a memorable and nostalgic part of not only that game, but the series in general, so I think a stage based on it would be cool.

Mario in 'The Plain'.
Subspace2.png

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Smash Remix has a lot of cool ideas for stages. That field from the Smash 64 intro? That's a massive walkoff stage in Remix and actually kinda fun to fight on.

View attachment 382501View attachment 382502

I like these two the most. Minesweeper would be fun to represent in a Smash title, and having the Final Battle from Yoshi's Island sounds super sick, especially if you have Big Baby Bowser in the background launch fireballs toward the foreground. Come to think of it, it'd be really cool as an aesthetic thing to have him move toward the foreground like the original, and his movement is synced to the timer, so he destroys the foreground and hits everyone on-screen at exactly 0:00.

View attachment 382503
Someone made it real

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Someone made it real
Well I'll be! This is more faithful to the original fight than I expected, with the boulders raining down and destroying the terrain and whatnot (genuinely laughed when Bowser got KO'd by one of them, THIS is the kinda stuff I love about more wacky stages). Baby Bowser launching fireballs is great too, and was genuinely menacing when he moved closer to the arena. Was a little disappointed to see his movement didn't sync with the timer considering how much else this stage got right, but I don't mind because that's probably a big ask for a mod. That, and watching Baby Bowser slowly sink to the abyss after reaching the foreground is kind of funny and has its own charm to it. The Baron von Zepplins carrying the red eggs found in the original fight are a nice aesthetic touch too.

Well, at least now I can say I've seen a proof-of-concept of this stage and that it does indeed work. I'd probably give the falling boulders an audio cue as well to match the blinking arrows, but other than that it's really similar to what I had in mind.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Generator C from Metroid Prime 3.

Fighting each other free-falling down the long shaft where Samus fought Ridley.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Generator C from Metroid Prime 3.

Fighting each other free-falling down the long shaft where Samus fought Ridley.
DUDE. You unlocked an ancient memory for me, I remember watching my dad play that battle like 15 years ago but I could never remember which Prime game it was or where it took place. I just remember the idea of fighting something while falling to be really awesome and it blew my tiny little mind at the time. Looking at it now, it's even better than I remembered.

Man, what a cool idea for a boss fight arena that was. The idea of a freefall Smash stage is really interesting and something I've thought about before, and I think it genuinely can work, but it needs some unique mechanics to do so. Namely, the ability to accelerate and decelerate your fastfall, as well as some chunks of ground (taking the form of torn metal sheets from the walls) to allow certain characters to regain resources (Olimar, Steve, Inkling). I think it'd be neat if you could attack the walls to break off these temporary chunks of ground, instead of having to wait for them to periodically spawn. This could be a really fun and unique casual stage.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The lack of a non-circuit or non-Rainbow Road Mario Kart track is probably one of the biggest examples of why Smash's "let's pick something emblematic of the whole game" mentality to stages doesn't work - Maple Treeway, Wario's Galleon, Baby Park, Choco Mountain or Coconut Mall are my personal picks, but every Mario Kart (yes, including SMK - Boo Lake!) has its own awesome stage picks.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Bowser's Castle is probably the most requested Smash stage at this point, but I really think they could get a 2 for 1 by making a Mario Kart stage based on Bowser's Castle. After Rainbow Road it's probably the second most recurring and iconic fixture of Mario Kart.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
my list is pretty big
-SMRPG stage anything forest maze, Axem rangers ship, smithy’s factory
-Sun chase moon from street fighter 5
-virtual boy stage has something like teleroboxer, Wario land, Mario clash
-Wario land stage
-Tetris stage
-Arkanoid stage
-Mario party stage specifically kamek’s library from Mario party DS
-PMD stage specifically temporal tower from PMD2
-actual bowser castle stage
-Dr. Mario stage
-gyromite stage for R.O.B. Since he doesn’t have a home stage yet for whatever reason
-bring back rainbow road, pac-maze, metal cavern
-stunt race fx stage with the truck being the stage itself
-statue of the gods from final fantasy 6 that goes through all the phases
-doshin the giant as a stage
-club Penguin stage since Disney is now part of smash
-timeless river stage from kingdom hearts I think that’s the closest thing we could get to steamboat willie content
-mappy stage which uses pac-man up special jumper for that purpose
-somehow bringing back miiverse stage but with alternative way to post draw and post the art in game splatoon 2 had that while it was on switch
-new island stage from Pokémon first movie to give Mewtwo a stage
there is probably more i wanted but here is how they look
the 3 smrpg and windows stages on the bottom are shapeshifting stages btw
stagee.PNG

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
It's been suggested a couple times already, but yeah, while I'd also love a more creative Mario Kart stage, another spinoff I think definitely deserves stage representation is Mario Party. They'd probably go for a board from the N64 games first, in which I think Space Land or Luigi's Engine Room could be cool.

Title screen artwork
The map's cast artwork

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
It's been suggested a couple times already, but yeah, while I'd also love a more creative Mario Kart stage, another spinoff I think definitely deserves stage representation is Mario Party. They'd probably go for a board from the N64 games first, in which I think Space Land or Luigi's Engine Room could be cool.

Title screen artwork
The map's cast artwork's cast artwork
You could get really creative with a Luigi's Engine Room layout based on that promotional render alone. Those metal catwalks are soft platforms if I've ever seen one!

I also think that the N64 games are prime candidates for getting a Mario Party stage, mainly Mario Party 2. Space Land, Western Land, Horror Land come to mind as stages I'd like to see made playable (mostly Western Land). I think Peach's Birthday Cake from MP1 could be a really fun stage too, it'd certainly stand out in Smash's massive stage lineup because of its unique theme.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
View attachment 381296
I'd have Sprout Tower just for the sake of seeing the scrapped Melee stage realized.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm surprised I don't see DK's banana hoard brought up more as a potential Smash stage - one of Nintendo's most iconic locales, and a cave stage without any sort of sci-fi or lava element - feels like the sort of thing you'd see discussed in the same breath as Bowser's Castle/Rainbow Road/Pac-Maze/Gyromite. Would choose a DKC2 or DKCTF stage over it any day, but still a really cool idea I think you could get a bit of mileage out of the layout for.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm surprised I don't see DK's banana hoard brought up more as a potential Smash stage - one of Nintendo's most iconic locales, and a cave stage without any sort of sci-fi or lava element - feels like the sort of thing you'd see discussed in the same breath as Bowser's Castle/Rainbow Road/Pac-Maze/Gyromite. Would choose a DKC2 or DKCTF stage over it any day, but still a really cool idea I think you could get a bit of mileage out of the layout for.
Would make for a baller King of the Hill stage if Smash ever adds such a mode.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
I can get behind this idea. I'd picture the hoard in the background (like image 2) with the main aesthetic being derived from image 1, that purple cave contrasts really niceley with the bananas. The main stage could have an above average stage size and have three long soft platforms made from wooden scaffolding or something. You can add a half tire or two to the sides of the main platform to allow for added jump height, functioning like the side ropes on Boxing Ring but not being as intrusive since I'd like to think you can run through the tires (maybe have them slightly in the z-axis).

Ganon777

Smash Cadet
persona_3_tartarus.jpg

A stage I would like if we saw persona in another smash game is Tartarus. it could have a random layout or they could have the stage set at the very top and have the final boss as some kind of stage hazard. The moon in the background would be a great backdrop for fights.

Ganon777

Smash Cadet
So i've been replaying the donkey kong country trilogy and think a few locations would make great stages in smash bros.

Vine Valley (Donkey Kong Country)
I can see this stage with three huts with two on the side with walk offs and central hut in the middle of the stage with useable vines helping get to and from the huts.

Temple Tempest (Donkey Kong Country)
This stage I can see having high walls covering the side blastzones like shadow moses but unbreakble. One of the giant stone wheels would make for an interesting stage platform/hazard.

Honet Hole (Donkey Kong Country 2)
This stage would take place inside one of the zinger nests and would have sticky honey on certain parts of the stage that would either slow a fighter down if on the floor or would act like a free wall jump spot for every fighter. Zingers should also be an occasional stage hazard that can be defeatable with strong attacks.

Krazy Kremland (Donkey Kong Country 2)
I think this stage should be based on the kart levels and have a cental platform with the skull karts acting as moving platforms that can go through the central platform and do damage if someone lands on the tracks.

Lost World (Donkey Kong Country 2)
This stage would be great if it was set in the area where you fight king k rool with the beam of light in the background although the layout could be rather simple however but the aesthetic alone would be amazing in modern graphics. If its not in the king k rool arena I could see it also as a mash up of all the level themes with the crocodile head volcano visible in the distance.

Lake Orangatanga (Donkey Kong Country 3)
This would be a great stage being set on the opening level of DKC3. I think the stage would have the wooden bridge go along the entire stage with roofs on both sides and in the middle and fighters can be able to break the roofless parts into the waters below which could have water based enemies as stage hazards or additional platforms.

Kastle Kaos (Donkey Kong Country 3)
This stage should have Kaos as a stage boss that would use the lasers from his first fight, activating the electric nodes on the side of the stage or acting as wall and moving slowly in on direction with any fighter getting too close to his jet propelled rocket dealing heavy damage. Kaos can be defeated by attacking his head which will cause him to explode and deal heavy damage to anyone caught in it. Wooden platforms would slowly move along the stage but would only be big enough to have one fighter on it at a time.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
there is probably more i wanted but here is how they look
the 3 smrpg and windows stages on the bottom are shapeshifting stages btw
View attachment 383045
cant believe i forgot this but Wish Park from Pokepark 2 would be cool stage maybe could work like spiral mountain stage where the background rotates while being in the center on each gate

Top Bottom