• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Creation/Idea Thread - I guess this is a Stage Builder Thread now

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Welp, since Stage Builder is a thing and everyone seems to love it, guess I'll just convert this into a proper Stage Builder thread.

So, uh... yeah! Come one, come all! If you've got some cool stages you've made in Stage Builder, show 'em off here! Download stages made by other people too, while you're here! The sky's the limit with this stuff!

Go wild, and have fun!

Hello, everyone!

If you're reading this, then you probably like Smash Bros stages, but wish there were more of them. For a while, we had a contest running for just that purpose! If you want to check out that thread, you can find it right here! Sadly, that contest is now over...

Worry not, though! For now, you can post all those stage ideas right here, in this very thread! I'm sure some of you also have some stage ideas that never fully got fleshed out, so be sure to post them here! There's no attached contest, so no need to worry about what the judges will think! Heck, don't even worry about the quality of the stage! Go wild, and have fun!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'll admit that I'm not a fan of the idea of non-Video Game stuff showing up in Smash in any capacity. But that said... I'm too much of a Batman fan to ignore the Robin/Joker/Penguin memes that have been circulating recently regarding Ultimate. Since we're now not limited by contest rules.. I thought I might as well just go with it and indulge the urge for a Batman stage.

So here we have...

Gotham City Police Department

Please forgive the render->clouds. But it's mostly modeled after Batman TAS and... well hell if that isn't exactly what it looked like there.

The main layout of the stage is like above- Top of the Police Department, with a few platforms, including a water tower next to scaffolding, the stairwell door, gargoyles hanging off either side, and the Bat Signal.

If you're playing on hazardless, that's basically all there is to see. Just a nice stage atop of the building.

But, if you're playing the standard version of the stage, eventually Commissioner Gordon will emerge from the stairwell and turn on the Bat Signal...

You can't interact with Gordon, he's just there in the background. He turns on the Bat Signal, waits for a second, and then heads back downstairs, leaving the signal on.

Eventually though, what follows the signal being turned on?

Eventually, Batman himself will swing in and land next to the Bat Signal. He will wait there until someone walks up next to him, functioning kind of like Flying Man on Magicant, but MUCH less irritating as a stage guest. When a character walks up to Batman, he'll join their side in the fight temporarily, and can do several things to aid the character, such as:

-Grab them and get them out of the way of danger
-Throw three batarangs at a nearish opponent (If they're as close as Joker is)
-Grab a far away enemy with the batclaw and bring them closer
-Summon bats that fill the bottom blast zones for ten seconds, resulting in knock-up like lava rather than a KO.

After he does one of those things for the fighter that he allied with, he'll turn off the Bat Signal and grapple away.

And that's basically it. I just kind of came up with this on the fly today, and I can't find music tracks for it, though mostly just imagine the tracks from the Arkham games as the tracks here.

I'll definitely make more stages in the future, but for some reason the inspiration struck this time for this stage.

Last edited:

rat.jpg

Smash Apprentice
I am not good at drawing because of nerve damage but I can write out what my favorite stages would be like:

Pokefloats 2

Basically Pokefloats but over the big city at the center of Black/White (I forgot the name). The floats would be from all generations of Pokemon. Battlefield form could be a Torterra float and Final Destination form could be an Avalugg.

Tetris

A Tetris stage would have the stage fill up with falling Tetris blocks that change the terrain. It would be an upward-scrolling stage with points in the background like Duck Hunt. You could see the next block to come down in the side as well. This could also be a Dr. Mario stage.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I am not good at drawing because of nerve damage but I can write out what my favorite stages would be like:

Pokefloats 2

Basically Pokefloats but over the big city at the center of Black/White (I forgot the name). The floats would be from all generations of Pokemon. Battlefield form could be a Torterra float and Final Destination form could be an Avalugg.
I did something like that a few years ago! I won't post all the pictures, but here's a big overall picture with the numbers ordering when you go to each Pokemon as the stage moves. I should have used Torterra though, you're right

rat.jpg

Smash Apprentice
I did something like that a few years ago! I won't post all the pictures, but here's a big overall picture with the numbers ordering when you go to each Pokemon as the stage moves. I should have used Torterra though, you're right

I love this thank you. Also the reason I wanted it to be in the big city is because of Macy's Parade inspiration. Something like New Donk City would fit better as a background though

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I'll admit that I'm not a fan of the idea of non-Video Game stuff showing up in Smash in any capacity. But that said... I'm too much of a Batman fan to ignore the Robin/Joker/Penguin memes that have been circulating recently regarding Ultimate. Since we're now not limited by contest rules.. I thought I might as well just go with it and indulge the urge for a Batman stage.

So here we have...

Gotham City Police Department

Please forgive the render->clouds. But it's mostly modeled after Batman TAS and... well hell if that isn't exactly what it looked like there.

The main layout of the stage is like above- Top of the Police Department, with a few platforms, including a water tower next to scaffolding, the stairwell door, gargoyles hanging off either side, and the Bat Signal.

If you're playing on hazardless, that's basically all there is to see. Just a nice stage atop of the building.

But, if you're playing the standard version of the stage, eventually Commissioner Gordon will emerge from the stairwell and turn on the Bat Signal...

You can't interact with Gordon, he's just there in the background. He turns on the Bat Signal, waits for a second, and then heads back downstairs, leaving the signal on.

Eventually though, what follows the signal being turned on?

Eventually, Batman himself will swing in and land next to the Bat Signal. He will wait there until someone walks up next to him, functioning kind of like Flying Man on Magicant, but MUCH less irritating as a stage guest. When a character walks up to Batman, he'll join their side in the fight temporarily, and can do several things to aid the character, such as:

-Grab them and get them out of the way of danger
-Throw three batarangs at a nearish opponent (If they're as close as Joker is)
-Grab a far away enemy with the batclaw and bring them closer
-Summon bats that fill the bottom blast zones for ten seconds, resulting in knock-up like lava rather than a KO.

After he does one of those things for the fighter that he allied with, he'll turn off the Bat Signal and grapple away.

And that's basically it. I just kind of came up with this on the fly today, and I can't find music tracks for it, though mostly just imagine the tracks from the Arkham games as the tracks here.

I'll definitely make more stages in the future, but for some reason the inspiration struck this time for this stage.
This is pretty awesome dude. I'm not keen on actual 4th party content in Smash either, but that didn't stop me from making stages from movies and TV shows I liked in Smash 4's stage builder haha. I've honestly been thinking about remaking some of them in more detail with Photoshop for fun.

Also, I'm glad this thread exists. I've had some other stage ideas that I never got to make for various reasons, so just knowing that I can post them somewhere if I decide to finish them is nice. I hope some of the other creators from the stage contest forum make their way here too.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm sure some of you also have some stage ideas that never fully got fleshed out, so be sure to post them here!
I'll definitely finish my Kirby 64 stage in this thread, I'm planning to do it as soon as I'll get less busy.

And maybe, an Alley Cat Stage? Since there are no theme limitations, I think obscure dos games are allowed right?

(I kinda have some ideas for a Gran Turismo stage as well).

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
I always wanted a Bowser's Castle stage. Have it be a walkoff of sorts but the bottom middle floor would disappear if someone touches the axe and have lava underneath, like the original Super Mario Bros. The bridge will come back in time, like that Legend of Zelda stage that I can't remember the name to right now. Have a couple platforms above and a fire wheel in the center of them with a couple of those fire balls that shoot out of the lava and hit players. I think it is such an obvious choice for a level that I wonder why it has never made it.

D

Deleted member

Surprise, Surprise! I’ll admit that throughout most of the contest I hosted I was not the most confident in my own ability to craft an image that accurately displayed a stage idea I may have wanted to post. But Ultimately I’ve decided I will go ahead and give it a shot. I have a few stage ideas of my own that I’ll try posting in this thread. First up is………….

"FRUITY FACTORY"
from Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U/Switch)

The 3rd level of Tropical Freeze’s 5th world. Juicy Jungle. And an apt name for the world if I do say so myself, because this place is filled with fruit, and the snowmads have established a food processing factory for it.

Most of the time when people think of a stage from Tropical Freeze, they usually go with an ice themed level from the games final world. Which makes sense since the game literally has the subtitle “Tropical FREEZE” but there are plenty of amazing non-ice levels in the game so I wanted to take a whack at making one as a Smash Stage idea. And with Fruity Factory being arguably the most unique of them all, I decided on that one.

Apologies about the lack of a proper background. After some tinkering I was able to get most of the stage image created in the way I wanted it. But the background proved to be too tricky. Think of it like this. You’re inside the factory, but there’s a giant door open that shows the background of Reckless Ride outside. That’s the kind of background I tried to aim for. Anyway, on to the actual stage.

The green represents pass-through platforms, and the blue represents solid ground.
For the most part on this stage, what you see is what you get. A simple layout with four platforms in the air and a switch in the middle of them modeled after the face of Lord Fredrik (which by the way, is that character just a result of hacking Fire Emblem Awakening? Frederick can’t reclass into a lord otherwise).

What does this switch do? Well in the source game you pull a lever on it to open certain pathways. Here though you have to attack it in order to activate it. When the one in the middle is attacked, it will randomly pick one of the soft platforms to drop a watermelon onto.

All platforms can have a watermelon on them but no platform can have any more than two of them. But they will remain there once brought in unless they get destroyed. Which can be done easily enough with a few attacks, think of them being twice as strong as the breakable walls in the Classic Mode bonus game, but attacks are the only way to break them, colliding with them does nothing to them and like the main arena, they function as hard platforms.

Once the Lord Frederik switch is activated it will enter a cooldown time where it’s eyes are greyed out, signaling that you’ll have to wait until the eyes glow again to drop another watermelon.

Speaking of which, why are the eyes on the two switches near the edge red instead of blue? Well…………..

Because those switches instead bring up the fruit slicers for 10 seconds. This temporarily seals off the bottom blast zone and the slicers won’t KO you until you’re at a really high percent. We’re talking about the 200% range here. The purpose behind this gimmick is to give you an option for recovering back to the stage if you’re willing to take the extra damage to save your stock. All you have to do is attack the switch.

But like with the blue-eyed switch, there’s a cooldown after one has been used until it can be used again. But both red-eyed switches operate independently from each other. They do not share activation and cooldown times.

How long is the cooldown? At a random point that will never exceed 15 seconds.

While the fruit slicers are up, one last thing could happen.

The fruit that they are designed to slice could fall from the ceiling into the slicers. While still whole, the fruit acts as nothing more than an impassable obstacle. No damage, no bouncing, no nothing. But like in the source game, slices of the fruit will be launched up from the blades to serve as soft platforms. Though they will only remain in the air for a few seconds.

And there you have it! After almost a full year of hosting the stage creation contest, I finally have a stage idea of my own submitted. Hope you all liked it!

Possible DLC Character this stage could come with:

Dixie Kong

DLC music this stage could bring:

Fruity Factory (Will need a remix though): https://youtu.be/zWckr41oNCc

Reckless Ride: https://youtu.be/Vsr15pt7zhM

Frosty Fruits: https://youtu.be/xwMzeLa8rBY

Busted Bayou: https://youtu.be/95HuSMQSUVo

Irate Eight (Chase): https://youtu.be/UHXMsrZ1jcM

Scorch N Torch: https://youtu.be/JFP4wn0dejc

Volcano Dome: https://youtu.be/1Fzu8vA7ncw

Furious Fire: https://youtu.be/7tvSdx3-UxE

Treetop Tumble (Will need a remix though): https://youtu.be/NjmUCbNk65o

Angry Aztec (Will need a remix though: https://youtu.be/Smx_2U6I5_A

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Surprise, Surprise! I’ll admit that throughout most of the contest I hosted I was not the most confident in my own ability to craft an image that accurately displayed a stage idea I may have wanted to post. But Ultimately I’ve decided I will go ahead and give it a shot. I have a few stage ideas of my own that I’ll try posting in this thread. First up is………….

"FRUITY FACTORY"
from Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U/Switch)

The 3rd level of Tropical Freeze’s 5th world. Juicy Jungle. And an apt name for the world if I do say so myself, because this place is filled with fruit, and the snowmads have established a food processing factory for it.

Most of the time when people think of a stage from Tropical Freeze, they usually go with an ice themed level from the games final world. Which makes sense since the game literally has the subtitle “Tropical FREEZE” but there are plenty of amazing non-ice levels in the game so I wanted to take a whack at making one as a Smash Stage idea. And with Fruity Factory being arguably the most unique of them all, I decided on that one.

Apologies about the lack of a proper background. After some tinkering I was able to get most of the stage image created in the way I wanted it. But the background proved to be too tricky. Think of it like this. You’re inside the factory, but there’s a giant door open that shows the background of Reckless Ride outside. That’s the kind of background I tried to aim for. Anyway, on to the actual stage.

The green represents pass-through platforms, and the blue represents solid ground.
For the most part on this stage, what you see is what you get. A simple layout with four platforms in the air and a switch in the middle of them modeled after the face of Lord Fredrik (which by the way, is that character just a result of hacking Fire Emblem Awakening? Frederick can’t reclass into a lord otherwise).

What does this switch do? Well in the source game you pull a lever on it to open certain pathways. Here though you have to attack it in order to activate it. When the one in the middle is attacked, it will randomly pick one of the soft platforms to drop a watermelon onto.

All platforms can have a watermelon on them but no platform can have any more than two of them. But they will remain there once brought in unless they get destroyed. Which can be done easily enough with a few attacks, think of them being twice as strong as the breakable walls in the Classic Mode bonus game, but attacks are the only way to break them, colliding with them does nothing to them and like the main arena, they function as hard platforms.

Once the Lord Frederik switch is activated it will enter a cooldown time where it’s eyes are greyed out, signaling that you’ll have to wait until the eyes glow again to drop another watermelon.

Speaking of which, why are the eyes on the two switches near the edge red instead of blue? Well…………..

Because those switches instead bring up the fruit slicers for 10 seconds. This temporarily seals off the bottom blast zone and the slicers won’t KO you until you’re at a really high percent. We’re talking about the 200% range here. The purpose behind this gimmick is to give you an option for recovering back to the stage if you’re willing to take the extra damage to save your stock. All you have to do is attack the switch.

But like with the blue-eyed switch, there’s a cooldown after one has been used until it can be used again. But both red-eyed switches operate independently from each other. They do not share activation and cooldown times.

How long is the cooldown? At a random point that will never exceed 15 seconds.

While the fruit slicers are up, one last thing could happen.

The fruit that they are designed to slice could fall from the ceiling into the slicers. While still whole, the fruit acts as nothing more than an impassable obstacle. No damage, no bouncing, no nothing. But like in the source game, slices of the fruit will be launched up from the blades to serve as soft platforms. Though they will only remain in the air for a few seconds.

And there you have it! After almost a full year of hosting the stage creation contest, I finally have a stage idea of my own submitted. Hope you all liked it!

Dixie Kong

Fruity Factory (Will need a remix though): https://youtu.be/zWckr41oNCc

Reckless Ride: https://youtu.be/Vsr15pt7zhM

Frosty Fruits: https://youtu.be/xwMzeLa8rBY

Busted Bayou: https://youtu.be/95HuSMQSUVo

Irate Eight (Chase): https://youtu.be/UHXMsrZ1jcM

Scorch N Torch: https://youtu.be/JFP4wn0dejc

Volcano Dome: https://youtu.be/1Fzu8vA7ncw

Furious Fire: https://youtu.be/7tvSdx3-UxE

Treetop Tumble (Will need a remix though): https://youtu.be/NjmUCbNk65o

Angry Aztec (Will need a remix though: https://youtu.be/Smx_2U6I5_A
I'll always take a new Donkey Kong level, especially if it means Dixie is coming with it.

>No Fear Factory (DKC) in the music list

Only a 9.5/10 then lol

D

Deleted member

I'll always take a new Donkey Kong level, especially if it means Dixie is coming with it.

>No Fear Factory (DKC) in the music list

Only a 9.5/10 then lol
I had considered that one oddly enough. But I limited myself to only 10 tracks and at the end of the day I decided to prioritize a DKC3 track over a DKC1 track.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Sup folks! I definitely plan on posting some new stages here when I can, but until then I decided to share some "concept art" from my Pikmin stage. Originally it was going to be a more familiar type of traveling stage in which the S.S. Drake and some Onions would carry players to all of the locations from Pikmin 3, but I ultimately scrapped that idea because I knew it'd be too time consuming. Anyways, if anyone's interested in seeing the sketches I did for each of the areas, check the below spoiler.

So the stage originally was going to have 7 separate locations, but I opted just to flesh out the Pikmin Parade portion of the stage because it was more manageable and ultimately more interested of a concept since traveling stages are nothing new.

Like I said, I definitely plan to post some new ideas soon, but I may return to some of these layouts in Photoshop as well.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Sup folks! I definitely plan on posting some new stages here when I can, but until then I decided to share some "concept art" from my Pikmin stage. Originally it was going to a more familiar type of traveling stage in which the S.S. Drake and some Onions would carry players to all of the locations from Pikmin 3, but I ultimately scrapped that idea because I knew it'd be too time consuming. Anyways, if anyone's interested in seeing the sketches I did for each of the areas, check the below spoiler.

So the stage originally was going to have 7 separate locations, but I opted just to flesh out the Pikmin Parade portion of the stage because it was more manageable and ultimately more interested of a concept since traveling stages are nothing new.

Like I said, I definitely plan to post some new ideas soon, but I may return to some of these layouts in Photoshop as well.
You have handwriting like mine, which one of my coworkers once described as "Like a serial killer's"

Don't know if I should have said that lol

Primid

Smash Apprentice
You have handwriting like mine, which one of my coworkers once described as "Like a serial killer's"

Don't know if I should have said that lol
Haha I'm pretty sure I've heard that before too, especially since my handwriting also happens to be so microscopic that people can hardly make it out.

Time to change professions I suppose. *shrugs with axe in hand*

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Hey guys, I thought I'd share a scrapped idea that I intended to use as my entry in the final round of the stage contest. I just felt it wasn't my strongest work so I chose to go with my Advance Wars idea instead, but I decided to go ahead and finish this stage up and post it here. It's not super interesting, but here it is:

"INSOMNIA"
from Final Fantasy XV

Insomnia is the capital city of the kingdom of Lucis and protagonist Noctis Lucis Caelum's birthplace. It's also where your journey begins and ends in Final Fantasy XV. My depiction of the stage is based off of the deserted version from the end of the game, where the daemon army has taken over the city. I always really liked the aesthetic of Insomnia, especially at night. It's got a really neat color scheme consisting of black, white, and gold, and I really dig the melding of modern technology and medieval design.

Red represents solid ground and green represents pass-through platforms.
My version of the stage has a fairly simple layout consisting of a large marble base structure with stairs in the center. There are two lampposts on either side each supporting a pass-through platform. In the background, Noctis and the game's main villain, Ardyn Izunia, will fly through the air, locked in battle (not shown here). You can also see spirits of the Kings of Lucis looming over the city's walls as well. I wanted the stage to take place in front of the Citadel, but unfortunately I couldn't find a decent picture of it at night so the stage is kinda facing the wrong way. Oh well.

HAZARDS
There are a few "hazards" on this stage as well. They're also kind of the reason I originally didn't finish this stage. They're not really that exciting and I felt they weren't super original either. It felt like I was borrowing ideas from existing stuff and the end result seemed a bit too much like Midgar for my liking. I'll go over the simpler ones first, and I should also mention that each hazard will happen randomly.

One of these hazards is Lunafreya. She will appear at a random location on the stage and produce a protective barrier around herself. Fighters inside the barrier will take less damage and receive less knockback while standing inside of it. She'll remain for 15 seconds before fading away.

Throughout the match, Noctis might point-warp from the background to one of the lampposts in an attempt to heal. When this happens, the platform will be extended a bit since you can stand on his sword while he hangs off of it. Also, while he heals himself, any player who is standing on his sword will also receive healing (similar to the healing field item in a way). The fighter will heal slowly, about 1% per second. Noctis will stick around for about 10 seconds before warping back into battle.

Another hazard comes in the form of Ardyn. He can affect the match in a few different ways using his magic-based illusions. Let's take a look:

One possibility is his Disguise ability. When this happens, Ardyn will appear in the center of the screen and tip his hat. This will cause every current player to switch fighters temporarily. So say you're playing as Cloud in a 1v1 match against Marth. When Ardyn uses Disguise, you'll start playing as that Marth instead (In a 3+ player match, the switch will be randomized). Now, you might think, "Oh, well I'll just SD so they lose a stock/KO." Wrong. You'll still be the same player, just not the same character. I hope that makes sense. Anyways, this will last for 15 seconds before Ardyn snaps his fingers, resetting things back to normal.

The other possibility is Ardyn creating an Illusion. If this happens, Ardyn will appear in the center of the stage and begin to laugh. He'll then snap his fingers and the stage will change instantaneously to the above image. The background will become the interior of the Citadel's throne room and the lamppost platforms will disappear. A new pass-through platform will appear in the center instead, dangling from the ceiling by chains. This platform will be composed of the current fighters. Creepy, right? The more players there are, the longer the platform is. It will also sway back and forth slightly. This hazard also lasts the longest out of any of them, clocking in at about 25 seconds before reverting back to the original layout.

Unlockable: Yes. KO an opponent using Cloud's "Finishing Touch" Limit Break move 5 times on Midgar.

Music:
Magna Insomnia / Somnus Ultima (Medley)
APOCALYPSIS NOCTIS
Hellfire
Invidia
ARDYN II
RAVUS AETERNA
Veiled In Black
Song of the Stars / LUNA (Medley)
The Hydraean's Wrath / APOCALYPSIS AQUARIUS (Medley)
Fate of the Chosen #1 / A Retainer's Resolve (Medley)
(As if we'd get this many songs lol)

So yea, that's about it. Still not all that crazy about this stage, but let me know what ya think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I thought I'd share a scrapped idea that I intended to use as my entry in the final round of the stage contest. I just felt it wasn't my strongest work so I chose to go with my Advanced Wars idea instead, but I decided to go ahead and finish this stage up and post it here. It's not super interesting, but here it is:

"INSOMNIA"
from Final Fantasy XV

Insomnia is the capital city of the kingdom of Lucis and protagonist Noctis Lucis Caelum's birthplace. It's also where your journey begins and ends in Final Fantasy XV. My depiction of the stage is based off of the deserted version from the end of the game, where the daemon army has taken over the city. I always really liked the aesthetic of Insomnia, especially at night. It's got a really neat color scheme consisting of black, white, and gold, and I really dig the melding of modern technology and medieval design.

Red represents solid ground and green represents pass-through platforms.
My version of the stage has a fairly simple layout consisting of a large marble base structure with stairs in the center. There are two lampposts on either side each supporting a pass-through platform. In the background, Noctis and the game's main villain, Ardyn Izunia, will fly through the air, locked in battle (not shown here). You can also see spirits of the Kings of Lucis looming over the city's walls as well. I wanted the stage to take place in front of the Citadel, but unfortunately I couldn't find a decent picture of it at night so the stage is kinda facing the wrong way. Oh well.

HAZARDS
There are a few "hazards" on this stage as well. They're also kind of the reason I originally didn't finish this stage. They're not really that exciting and I felt they weren't super original either. It felt like I was borrowing ideas from existing stuff and the end result seemed a bit too much like Midgar for my liking. I'll go over the simpler ones first, and I should also mention that each hazard will happen randomly.

One of these hazards is Lunafreya. She will appear at a random location on the stage and produce a protective barrier around herself. Fighters inside the barrier will take less damage and receive less knockback while standing inside of it. She'll remain for 15 seconds before fading away.

Throughout the match, Noctis might point-warp from the background to one of the lampposts in an attempt to heal. When this happens, the platform will be extended a bit since you can stand on his sword while he hangs off of it. Also, while he heals himself, any player who is standing on his sword will also receive healing (similar to the healing field item in a way). The fighter will heal slowly, about 1% per second. Noctis will stick around for about 10 seconds before warping back into battle.

Another hazard comes in the form of Ardyn. He can affect the match in a few different ways using his magic-based illusions. Let's take a look:

One possibility is his Disguise ability. When this happens, Ardyn will appear in the center of the screen and tip his hat. This will cause every current player to switch fighters temporarily. So say you're playing as Cloud in a 1v1 match against Marth. When Ardyn uses Disguise, you'll start playing as that Marth instead (In a 3+ player match, the switch will be randomized). Now, you might think, "Oh, well I'll just SD so they lose a stock/KO." Wrong. You'll still be the same player, just not the same character. I hope that makes sense. Anyways, this will last for 15 seconds before Ardyn snaps his fingers, resetting things back to normal.

The other possibility is Ardyn creating an Illusion. If this happens, Ardyn will appear in the center of the stage and begin to laugh. He'll then snap his fingers and the stage will change instantaneously to the above image. The background will become the interior of the Citadel's throne room and the lamppost platforms will disappear. A new pass-through platform will appear in the center instead, dangling from the ceiling by chains. This platform will be composed of the current fighters. Creepy, right? The more players there are, the longer the platform is. It will also sway back and forth slightly. This hazard also lasts the longest out of any of them, clocking in at about 25 seconds before reverting back to the original layout.

Unlockable: Yes. KO an opponent using Cloud's "Finishing Touch" Limit Break move 5 times on Midgar.

Music:
Magna Insomnia / Somnus Ultima (Medley)
APOCALYPSIS NOCTIS
Hellfire
Invidia
ARDYN II
RAVUS AETERNA
Veiled In Black
Song of the Stars / LUNA (Medley)
The Hydraean's Wrath / APOCALYPSIS AQUARIUS (Medley)
Fate of the Chosen #1 / A Retainer's Resolve (Medley)
(As if we'd get this many songs lol)

So yea, that's about it. Still not all that crazy about this stage, but let me know what ya think.
I actually think it’s really good! Only potential concern is the whole swapping characters mid match thing. Competitive ban aside, I’m not sure how well that would sit with people. Though I personally wouldn’t have too much of a problem with it.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I actually think it’s really good! Only potential concern is the whole swapping characters mid match thing. Competitive ban aside, I’m not sure how well that would sit with people. Though I personally wouldn’t have too much of a problem with it.
Thanks! And yea, there's no way that would fly in a competitive setting, but I thought it'd make for a pretty funny and unique gimmick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, there hasn’t been a lot of activity here lately. You know what? I say it’s time we resurrect this thread!

Bowser’s Keep
from Super Mario RPG

And what better way than to play off some Smash Rumors! I won’t go into too much detail, but tl;dr some stuff that was datamined has caused some people to think that a Square Enix character will be the next fighter announced for the fighter pass.

Heck if I know right now exactly who it will be. But of the stages I have jotted down in my list of ones to put together for this thread, only one of them tied into a Square-Enix character. In this case, Geno.

Now if Geno gets in, the most notable option for a Stage he could bring is the Forest Maze. I wouldn’t object to that in any way. I just have trouble picturing it as a Smash Bros. stage. So I brainstormed a different possibility that I could envision better. I thought of a few ideas that I wasn’t completely sure of such as Nimbus Land. And then the requests for a Bowser’s Castle stage that I am in agreement with hit me like a truck. So here we are.

Oh dear. Apologies for the less than descriptive imagery.

You might need this video as a reference to help figure out how certain things look.

But for what you see above, picture the chamber that looks like the entrance to the castle, complete with Bowser Symbol rug and everything. This is basically a walk-off that looks exactly like that, with the candle pillars that Bowser and Peach are standing on having two passable platforms on them. One in the middle, one at the top.

And that’s pretty much it. Aside from Croco appearing in the background to throw items to the arena if items are enabled (basically just a way of getting items more frequently like the Candle’s in Dracula’s Castle) that’s all that happens here.

Sound boring? Well fear not! This layout is only one of 4 that this stage can switch between. It always randomly start on one of the 4 and then change to another one at random after 20 seconds.

So what’s layout Number 2?

The part of the castle with a wooden bridge over lava. That doesn’t seem safe. And safe it is indeed not because while the bridge, like the stone floor, is a solid non-passable ground one of them will break at a random point that will never exceed 5 seconds. Whether someone is standing on it or not.

As you can see, this layout is not a walk-off. It has edges. As for which parts are bridge and which parts are stone, here you go.

In between the two blue lines is one of the two bridges, and in between the two green lines is the other. When a bridge is broken, it will repair itself at a point in time 2 seconds higher than the amount of time it took to break in the first place. And only one bridge can break at a time. The other will have to wait till after repairs are complete on it’s twin.

Though when a bridges is broken, there will be a small, passable stone platform below where it once was to help make lava dips a little harder. On the flip side though, sometimes the bridge might be replaced by a row of donut blocks instead.

If this happens, any Donut Blocks stood on for too long will fall and won’t come back while this “bridge” is still active. And all the blocks will fall if a bridge breaking point in time is reached.

The 3rd layout takes place on top of those iconic chandeliers. They function as hard platforms, but are held up by the chains. While you can only damage the chains by attacking them at the base where it connects to the chandelier, you can still damage them. And if they take enough damage, they’ll fall down until another chain lowers to bring them back up.

Don’t worry too much though. Paratroopa’s will appear below a chandelier when it’s about to break. They function as hard platforms and will remain there until a few seconds after their corresponding chandelier is brought back.

The 4th and final layout takes place at the top of the keep where Exor resides. Exor functions as a stage boss. If he expands his eye he will shoot a venom drench from that eye to the same side of the stage. It won’t do much damage, but it will poison a character it hits for a small time.

When he opens his mouth, he will release an orb of Corona that will have a limited homing function as it decides a fighter to target. After a while it will stop moving and release a circular electric blast.

He could also summon a Flame Stone from the sky onto one of the platforms when he opens his mouth.

Given the 20 second period each phase takes place in, Exor doesn’t have a health meter. Instead he will go down in 8 hits towards his face. The only place you can damage him.

If Exor is defeated, a spiraling portal in the player color of the character who dealt the last hit will appear in his now hanging open mouth. This will last for the rest of the phase, and 10 seconds into the next phase.

If the character who earned this portal would be KO’d, whether from being launched off the screen or falling to their doom. Then this portal would teleport them back to to the center of the stage right before they hit the the blast zone. But when the time is up, or if this portal is used once, it will disappear until Exor is defeated again.

And that wraps up Bowser’s Keep! If Geno is actually the rumored character, let’s see how close this ends up being to the stage he brings with him :p

Geno

DLC Music this stage could bring:

Fight Against Bowser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyfoDgGfSfw&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b&index=5

Fight Against Monsters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47E3huMb83M&index=10&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against an Armed Boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fI6e8Rvgc&index=19&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Let’s go Down the Wine River: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6hqp4JPmmA&index=22&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTObNtPZimQ&index=28&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Welcome! Yo’ster Island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwpQJSjJ1bI&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b&index=31

Docaty Mountain Railroad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIwskSQMW7c&index=34&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Barrel Volcano: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc0yVImE-P8&index=53&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against Smithy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qtWfsPKnF4&index=57&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against Culex (Can this also be put on Midgar please?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8wWtiCorGs&index=46&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Nice to see some activity on this thread again. Don't know if there are any Borderlands fans here, but I've been working on a traveling Borderlands 2 stage just for the heck of it. It'll probably take me awhile to finish, but stay tuned.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Nice to see some activity on this thread again. Don't know if there are any Borderlands fans here, but I've been working on a traveling Borderlands 2 stage just for the heck of it. It'll probably take me awhile to finish, but stay tuned.
Only if it comes with Clap-trap as a fighter, the only fighter I didn't know I needed until now.

D

Deleted member

Time for my 3rd stage idea out of the total 11 I’ve got on the backburner.

Gruntilda’s Lair
from Banjo-Kazooie

Ah, good ol Banjo & Kazooie. Hard to believe how far character possibilities have come since the Brawl days. So many people, myself included, once thought that characters under Microsoft ownership were completely impossible. But now with things like Phil Spencer giving his approval of the idea and Nintendo and Microsoft being a lot more like buddies lately, Banjo & Kazooie seem like a very real (and definitely very hype) possibility.

Will they make it in? Beats the memory of Grunty’s disgusting habits out of me (or so I wish). Joker from Persona 5 of all people was the very first character announced for the fighter pass and the only hint we have as to who the next one might be is still vague enough to allow multiple possibilities. So who’s left is almost as big a mystery as the the originally intended Stop N Swap rewards.

But I’d be all for it if Banjo & Kazooie were in there somewhere. As for a stage they could bring, most people suggest Spiral Mountain but I’ll be honest, I find that idea kind of boring. So I decided to take a crack at what I believe to be a much more interesting stage idea. Gruntilda’s Lair.

And yet despite calling Spiral Mountain boring, lo and behold the starting area of this stage is on top of the mountain right in front of Grunty’s Lair anyway. Oh the irony. In any case, this part of the stage functions as nothing more than being just like the Omega forms of Stages like Willy Castle and Wooly World in Smash Wii U. A flat, final destination layout that you can’t go under.

But it only stays like this for 10 seconds before the eyes on Gruntilda’s Lair glow red and you hear Grunty’s cackle from the original game. Afterwards the screen gets covered in the sparkles that surround Banjo-Kazooie when they stand on a Level exit pad in their source game (don’t worry, fighters are still visible in a Castle Siege style way) as the stage warps into one of four levels from the original Banjo-Kazooie.

These levels are around for 25 seconds instead of Spiral Mountains 10 before changing to a different area. And once the stage leaves Spiral Mountain, it won’t go back to it in the same match.

The first of the four levels the stage will randomly transform into is Treasure Trove Cove.

First of all, size ratio may not be the best. Apologies for that. But how this one works is you can see the island that actually makes up the source game’s Treasure Trove Cove level in the background while you fight on a Battlefield layout made of the boxes you sometimes find in the water. How fitting because instead of a bottomless pit, the main ground of this stage is actually a box floating in the water.

As you can see with Sonic finally deciding to get in some swimming practice. Unfortunately his attempts to defeat his Aquaphobia won’t exactly lead to his preferred results here.

Take too long in the water and Snacker will emerge to bit you 3 times in a row. Not exactly a guaranteed kill, but it’s a very powerful attack so listen to the lifeguard kiddos.

Our next level in line is Bubblegloop Swamp.

This one is also pretty simple in layout. A walk-off inspired from the source levels various arching pathways. However none of it is passable ground. That open space below the left hand side of the arena? You can’t go down there. So for the sake of it not looking too awkward, I say we make some use of it.

Occasionally one of those Golden Crocodiles will emerge from the swampy water and open his mouth. When he does, Yumblies and Grumblies will appear on the ground. Eat the yumblies and you recover a bit of health, eat the grumblies and you’ll take a little bit of damage. Why eat the grumblies at all in that case? Well because they always start out as Yumblies but rot into grumblies if you take too long to get there.

The grumblies will eventually disappear on their own after a bit, and when the crocodile closes his mouth he will sink back into the swamp and stop the process.

The 3rd possible level is Freezeezy Peak.

No basic paint.net drawing this time. I managed to find a screenshot of what I had in mind for a layout. This portion takes place entirely on the Christmas Tree. The base of the tree where Mega Man is is the solid ground while the leaves everyone else is on are passable platforms. Aliasing is once again confusing (sorry about that) so I took the liberty of adding Light Blue Lines to show where all the passable platforms are. Well, roughly. Despite what the image shows here the passable platforms don’t actually go out any wider than the base of the tree.

As for the gimmick of this portion. The Twinklies on the tree will start glowing in a festive fashion that looks kind of like a light show after a bit. Most of the time it’s purely cosmetic, but Twinkly munchers can sometimes show up to get glass in their gums. And their bites can hurt you to but they’re nowhere near as powerful as Snackers.

The 4th and final possible level is Rusty Bucket Bay.

This one as you can see mostly takes place on the bow of the ship. Though there is an elevated area where Simon currently resides that functions as a walk-off. In the background you can see the ships crane turned to the side. Occasionally it will pick up a box to bring into the the part of the stage roughly above Mega Man to serve as another hard platform. But it won’t drop the box onto the stage. It will just bring it in and take it away after a bit. But it enters and exits the stage entirely via the background, so no need to worry about it carrying you to the top blast zone.

And that covers everything about actually having a match on this stage. But we’ve got one more thing to go over. People often talk about Fire Emblem Support Conversations or Xenoblade Heart to Hearts for what the next Codec Call like thing could be. But I once heard the idea of Gruntilda’s Rhymes as another option for this. So yeah why not? Let’s incorporate them into this stage idea.

I don’t actually have the talent to come up with any on my own, so here are some of my favorite I’ve seen from other people that could go off once Banjo & Kazooie input the right taunt command.

Duck Hunt:

Oh, no, no , NO! This must be a bad dream! This game was bad enough with ONE bird-mammal team!

DK:

You're smelly and ugly and covered in flies, do all apes have such bad taste in ties?

Greninja:

You're slimy and gross, but I've got a hunch, that Gruntilda will be having frog legs for lunch!

Bayonetta:

You call yourself a witch when so pretty and fair? Come take a look at old Grunty's body hair!

Wario:

You smell repulsive, let me tell you honey. You even give me a run for my money!

K. Rool:

Now here's a character in which I actually care, seeing you nowadays is rather Rare.

Banjo & Kazooie

Spiral Mountain: https://youtu.be/pPUn5biib1c

Treasure Trove Cove: https://youtu.be/3nxFYoGNJKc

Bubblegloop Swamp: https://youtu.be/T9m26h0_Jxo

Freezeezy Peak: https://youtu.be/bKv9WeS8BOs

Rusty Bucket Bay: https://youtu.be/PByIP2MLWP0

Mad Monster Mansion: https://youtu.be/f9cG9bjYfjQ

Final Battle: https://youtu.be/VB-WvKoBZgA

Jinjo Village: https://youtu.be/_oXPFtv818c

Mayahem Temple: https://youtu.be/eR0iCxsIAuM

Jolly Roger’s Lagoon: https://youtu.be/Ad0wbpQPuHs

NOTE: The first five of these music tracks would also be available in a medley that transitions when you reach the songs corresponding area.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I've had an idea for this for a while, now I found a place to put it. :)
This is the first stage thing I've made, hope y'all like it.

And sorry for the bad quality pics, I'm too lazy to drawn everything in detail :p

Caves - Pikmin 2

My idea for this is a traveling stage that visits 8 different destinations, each a different cave type from the original game, Metal, Submerged, Garden, Toy, Tile, Snow, and Soil. Each area consists of different enemies, there are 2 layouts of enemies per floor.

Metal:
The metal layout is a piece of ground with two short walls near the ledges. (the brown thing is in the background so it isn't a platform, you'll see why soon!)
BaseMetal.png

The first enemy layout contains a fire geyser on the right, and a Careening Dirigibug on the left. The Dirigibug will float around and drop bombs, except you can't use his bombs against him, he doesn't take damage from his own bombs. The fire geyser just spews out fire for a second, then takes a break, then repeats. Both of these things can be destroyed once they've taken enough damage.
BaseMetal2.png

The second enemy layout has the Man-At-Legs! He occasionally comes around and aims at the fighter in first, then constantly shoots lasers at them for a couple seconds. The brown wall in the middle is a safe place, if you stand there, his lasers can't get to you. He should do about two rounds of lasers before the stage travels somewhere else.
BaseMetal1.png

Submerged:
This location is a big walk-off, with a soft platforms at the top which is also a walk-off. However, the water on the top platform will push you down, standing up there for a few seconds will force you to drop down.
BaseSubmerged.png

When I said there are 2 layouts of enemies per floor, I lied. This one only has one, and I bet you know what it is! Every so-often, the Water Wraith will drive by on his rollers. If you run into him, you'll get launched pretty far. The top platform also contains a fiery dweevil, he'll run around up there and pick up items. If you attack him, he'll unleash a bunch of flames around himself. The Dweevil is killable, while the Water Wraith in un-killable (yes, even with Purple Pikmin.)
BaseSubmerged1.png

Garden:
I actually had no idea what the background looked like here, so I just made it brown (because it's underground.) Anyway, this is a walk-off with a giant bucket and a hand-shovel that act as hard platforms.
BaseGarden.png

The first enemy layout contains buried shearwigs on the top of the bucket, and a fiery blowhog on the ground. The Shearwigs will pop-out and attack you when you come near them, there are 3 of them. The blowhog will spray fire at anyone in range. Both of them are killable.
BaseGarden1.png

The second enemy layout contains a Pilerated Snagret (only because the normal one is an assist.) He is in the background the entire time, he jumps between the left, center, and right of the stage. When you're in the area of the stage he's in, he'll attack you. When it's almost time to change to a new destination, he'll bury himself, go out of the background, and appear in the right.
BaseGarden2.png

Toy:
The toy room is another walk-off, it contains a tambourine platform on the right, and a house on the left.
BaseToy.png

The first enemy layout contains a breadbug and a puffy blowhog. The breadbug will wander around the background and occasionally come in to the battlefield. He'll pick up items on the ground and take them away. A puffy blowhog also comes by occasionally, he'll aim at the tambourine and blow anyone on it, the air he blows out is a windbox, he appears on the right, so the wind sends you to the left. The breadbug can be killed, but has a lot of health, and the puffy blowhog stays in the background the whole time so he can't be killed.
BaseToy2.png

The second enemy layout contains a Bulbear. The Bulbear wanders in the background until he sees someone step on the ground in between the tambourine and the house. When he has an enemy in sight, he comes to the battlefield and eats anyone in his range. He then stays there until he is killed or the stage travels. And yes, he's killable.
BaseToy1.png

Tile:
Wow, another walk-off. This time it's like the metal layout, except the walls and stage are bigger.
BaseTi.png

The first enemy layout contains a Wollywog on the left and a poison spewer on the right. The Wollywog patrols the left and when an enemy is in his territory, he jumps on them. When hit, you get grounded and launched after it wears off. The poison spewer does damage as long as you're in it's poison. Both of these things are killable.
BaseTile2.png

The second layout contains another boss, the Ranging Bloyster! He stays in the background near the center. When he attacks, he lashes out his tentacles, they cover up about 2 thirds of the center area. He'll only attack the player in first and knowing the boss, his eye color will change to the color of the player in first. Since he's in the background, he's unkillable.
BaseTile1.png

Snow:
This is the last walk-off, I promise. The stage is a giant walk-off with a little cave, house, thing on the right. The cave thingo, despite having a backside in the game, doens't here, so you can be K.Oed if you go too far into it.
BaseSnow.png

The first enemy layout contains a Gatling Groink. He appears on the right after a bit and will shoot explosives until someone kills him. He shoots rather slow, so he shouldn't be as annoying as they were on Pikmin 2. He's killable but does soak up a bit of damage before dying.
BaseSnow2.png

The second enemy layout contains a sleeping Hairy Bulborb on the right and a fire geiser on the inside of that cave thingy. Since Bulborbs have literally no ears, they'll only walk up if they are attacked or someone touched them. Once awake, he'll walk around and eat anyone in his range. He is killable, but like the Gatling Groink, he takes quite a bit of damage before dying.
BaseSnow1.png

Soil:
A non walk-off, yay! This place contains a tall platform with a little side platform sticking out of the side, plus a little other platform on the far right.
BaseSoil.png

This place's first enemy layout contains a Dwarf Bulborb on the top of the big platform, and a Dwarf Orange Bulborb on the top of the small platform. These two guys act identically, they both walk around their playform and bite anyone they run into. They have low health, so getting rid of them should be easy.
BaseSoil2.png

The second enemy layout here changes more than just the enemies, it's flooded now! The water acts like normal water. However, the only enemy here is a mere Snitchbug. The swooping snitchbug flys around and occasionally tries to pick up fighters, if he succeeds, he holds them for a second before throwing them straight into the ground, burying them, or if there isn't any ground under them....
BaseWater1.png

Music:
Cave Medley - Pikmin 2
All the songs from the Cave Medley, but seperate, so:
Emergence Cave (Between destinations) - Pikmin 2
Subterranean Complex (Metal) - Pikmin 2
Submerged Castle + Water Wraith is Coming (Submerged) - Pikmin 2
Snagret Hole (Garden) - Pikmin 2
Railroad Room (Toy) - Pikmin 2
Jellyfloat Pool (Tile) - Pikmin 2
Cold Chasm (Snow) - Pikmin 2
Cautious Cavern (Soil1) - Pikmin 2
Mystic Marsh (Soil2) - Pikmin 2
Boss Battle (Boss Enemy Layout) - Pikmin 2

Wistful Wild - Pikmin 2
Titan Dweevil - Pikmin 2
Plasm Wraith - Pikmin 3
Vehemoth Phosbat - Pikmin 3
Cave - Pikmin 3
Ai No Uta - Strawberry Flower (Pikmin)
Tane No Uta - Strawberry Flower (Pikmin 2)
Namida Ga Afureta - Strawberry Flower (Pikmin)

Fighter: Louie

Moveset:
Neutral Special: Summons a Shergrub onto the stage that performs set actions. Cycles between Female, Male, and Shearwig.
Side Special: Summons a Dwarf Bulborb onto the stage the performs set actions. Cycles between Red, Orange, Snow, and Bulbear.
Down Special: Summons a Careening Dirigibug who quickly drops a single bomb rock and leaves.
Up Special: Gets carried by a Swooping Snitchbug

FSmash: He holds out a Bulborb that does a single bite. Cycles between Red, Orange, Hairy, Bulbear, and Whptounge.
DSmash: A Mamuta smashes the ground, grounding anyone hit by it.
USmash: A Wollywog jumps over his head.

Jab: Same as Olimar's one-two punch.
FTilt: Same as Olimar's Rocket Punch
UTilt: He gets picked up by a Dweevil.
DTilt: A Hermit Crawmad launches itself outward.
Dash Attack: Same as Olimar's cartwheel.

Nair: Same as Olimar's spin
Fair: Sprays fire infront of him with a Fiery Blowhog.
Bair: A Water Dumple bites anything behind him.
Dair: Sprays water downward with a Watery Blowhog.
Uair: He uses a Puffy Blowhog to create a windbox akin to Game & Watch's old Uair.

Grab: Breadbug

Final Smash: Titan Dweevil!

Hope y'all liked it, I think this is a good way to represent the vast amount of interesting wildlife the games have to offer.

Also, this is more than a bit long, should I put it in a spoiler tag?

Edit: I forgot about the platform it uses to move between areas, well, it'd just be a platform about the size of Skyloft without platforms. Tavelling between places should take up to 5 or 10 seconds.

Last edited:

Primid

Smash Apprentice
I've had an idea for this for a while, now I found a place to put it. :)
This is the first stage thing I've made, hope y'all like it.

And sorry for the bad quality pics, I'm too lazy to drawn everything in detail :p

Caves - Pikmin 2

My idea for this is a traveling stage that visits 8 different destinations, each a different cave type from the original game, Metal, Submerged, Garden, Toy, Tile, Snow, and Soil. Each area consists of different enemies, there are 2 layouts of enemies per floor.

Metal:
The metal layout is a piece of ground with two short walls near the ledges. (the brown thing is in the background so it isn't a platform, you'll see why soon!)
View attachment 186915

The first enemy layout contains a fire geyser on the right, and a Careening Dirigibug on the left. The Dirigibug will float around and drop bombs, except you can't use his bombs against him, he doesn't take damage from his own bombs. The fire geyser just spews out fire for a second, then takes a break, then repeats. Both of these things can be destroyed once they've taken enough damage.
View attachment 186916

The second enemy layout has the Man-At-Legs! He occasionally comes around and aims at the fighter in first, then constantly shoots lasers at them for a couple seconds. The brown wall in the middle is a safe place, if you stand there, his lasers can't get to you. He should do about two rounds of lasers before the stage travels somewhere else.
View attachment 186917

Submerged:
This location is a big walk-off, with a soft platforms at the top which is also a walk-off. However, the water on the top platform will push you down, standing up there for a few seconds will force you to drop down.
View attachment 186918

When I said there are 2 layouts of enemies per floor, I lied. This one only has one, and I bet you know what it is! Every so-often, the Water Wraith will drive by on his rollers. If you run into him, you'll get launched pretty far. The top platform also contains a fiery dweevil, he'll run around up there and pick up items. If you attack him, he'll unleash a bunch of flames around himself. The Dweevil is killable, while the Water Wraith in un-killable (yes, even with Purple Pikmin.)
View attachment 186920

Garden:
I actually had no idea what the background looked like here, so I just made it brown (because it's underground.) Anyway, this is a walk-off with a giant bucket and a hand-shovel that act as hard platforms.
View attachment 186921

The first enemy layout contains buried shearwigs on the top of the bucket, and a fiery blowhog on the ground. The Shearwigs will pop-out and attack you when you come near them, there are 3 of them. The blowhog will spray fire at anyone in range. Both of them are killable.
View attachment 186922

The second enemy layout contains a Pilerated Snagret (only because the normal one is an assist.) He is in the background the entire time, he jumps between the left, center, and right of the stage. When you're in the area of the stage he's in, he'll attack you. When it's almost time to change to a new destination, he'll bury himself, go out of the background, and appear in the right.
View attachment 186923

Toy:
The toy room is another walk-off, it contains a tambourine platform on the right, and a house on the left.
View attachment 186924

The first enemy layout contains a breadbug and a puffy blowhog. The breadbug will wander around the background and occasionally come in to the battlefield. He'll pick up items on the ground and take them away. A puffy blowhog also comes by occasionally, he'll aim at the tambourine and blow anyone on it, the air he blows out is a windbox, he appears on the right, so the wind sends you to the left. The breadbug can be killed, but has a lot of health, and the puffy blowhog stays in the background the whole time so he can't be killed.
View attachment 186925

The second enemy layout contains a Bulbear. The Bulbear wanders in the background until he sees someone step on the ground in between the tambourine and the house. When he has an enemy in sight, he comes to the battlefield and eats anyone in his range. He then stays there until he is killed or the stage travels. And yes, he's killable.
View attachment 186926

Tile:
Wow, another walk-off. This time it's like the metal layout, except the walls and stage are bigger.
View attachment 186927

The first enemy layout contains a Wollywog on the left and a poison spewer on the right. The Wollywog patrols the left and when an enemy is in his territory, he jumps on them. When hit, you get grounded and launched after it wears off. The poison spewer does damage as long as you're in it's poison. Both of these things are killable.
View attachment 186928

The second layout contains another boss, the Ranging Bloyster! He stays in the background near the center. When he attacks, he lashes out his tentacles, they cover up about 2 thirds of the center area. He'll only attack the player in first and knowing the boss, his eye color will change to the color of the player in first. Since he's in the background, he's unkillable.
View attachment 186929

Snow:
This is the last walk-off, I promise. The stage is a giant walk-off with a little cave, house, thing on the right. The cave thingo, despite having a backside in the game, doens't here, so you can be K.Oed if you go too far into it.
View attachment 186930

The first enemy layout contains a Gatling Groink. He appears on the right after a bit and will shoot explosives until someone kills him. He shoots rather slow, so he shouldn't be as annoying as they were on Pikmin 2. He's killable but does soak up a bit of damage before dying.
View attachment 186931

The second enemy layout contains a sleeping Hairy Bulborb on the right and a fire geiser on the inside of that cave thingy. Since Bulborbs have literally no ears, they'll only walk up if they are attacked or someone touched them. Once awake, he'll walk around and eat anyone in his range. He is killable, but like the Gatling Groink, he takes quite a bit of damage before dying.
View attachment 186932

Soil:
A non walk-off, yay! This place contains a tall platform with a little side platform sticking out of the side, plus a little other platform on the far right.
View attachment 186933

This place's first enemy layout contains a Dwarf Bulborb on the top of the big platform, and a Dwarf Orange Bulborb on the top of the small platform. These two guys act identically, they both walk around their playform and bite anyone they run into. They have low health, so getting rid of them should be easy.
View attachment 186934

The second enemy layout here changes more than just the enemies, it's flooded now! The water acts like normal water. However, the only enemy here is a mere Snitchbug. The swooping snitchbug flys around and occasionally tries to pick up fighters, if he succeeds, he holds them for a second before throwing them straight into the ground, burying them, or if there isn't any ground under them....
View attachment 186936

Music:
Cave Medley - Pikmin 2
All the songs from the Cave Medley, but seperate, so:
Emergence Cave (Between destinations) - Pikmin 2
Subterranean Complex (Metal) - Pikmin 2
Submerged Castle + Water Wraith is Coming (Submerged) - Pikmin 2
Snagret Hole (Garden) - Pikmin 2
Railroad Room (Toy) - Pikmin 2
Jellyfloat Pool (Tile) - Pikmin 2
Cold Chasm (Snow) - Pikmin 2
Cautious Cavern (Soil1) - Pikmin 2
Mystic Marsh (Soil2) - Pikmin 2
Boss Battle (Boss Enemy Layout) - Pikmin 2

Wishful Wild - Pikmin 2
Titan Dweevil - Pikmin 2
Plasm Wraith - Pikmin 3
Vehemoth Phosbat - Pikmin 3
Cave - Pikmin 3
Ai No Uta - Strawberry Flower (Pikmin)
Tane No Uta - Strawberry Flower (Pikmin 2)
Namida Ga Afureta - Strawberry Flower (Pikmin)

Fighter: Louie

Moveset:
Neutral Special: Summons a Shergrub onto the stage that performs set actions. Cycles between Female, Male, and Shearwig.
Side Special: Summons a Dwarf Bulborb onto the stage the performs set actions. Cycles between Red, Orange, Snow, and Bulbear.
Down Special: Summons a Careening Dirigibug who quickly drops a single bomb rock and leaves.
Up Special: Gets carried by a Swooping Snitchbug

FSmash: He holds out a Bulborb that does a single bite. Cycles between Red, Orange, Hairy, Bulbear, and Whptounge.
DSmash: A Mamuta smashes the ground, grounding anyone hit by it.
USmash: A Wollywog jumps over his head.

Jab: Same as Olimar's one-two punch.
FTilt: Same as Olimar's Rocket Punch
UTilt: He gets picked up by a Dweevil.
DTilt: A Hermit Crawmad launches itself outward.
Dash Attack: Same as Olimar's cartwheel.

Nair: Same as Olimar's spin
Fair: Sprays fire infront of him with a Fiery Blowhog.
Bair: A Water Dumple bites anything behind him.
Dair: Sprays water downward with a Watery Blowhog.
Uair: He uses a Puffy Blowhog to create a windbox akin to Game & Watch's old Uair.

Grab: Breadbug

Final Smash: Titan Dweevil!

Hope y'all liked it, I think this is a good way to represent the vast amount of interesting wildlife the games have to offer.

Also, this is more than a bit long, should I put it in a spoiler tag?

Edit: I forgot about the platform it uses to move between areas, well, it'd just be a platform about the size of Skyloft without platforms. Tavelling between places should take up to 5 or 10 seconds.
I loved the cave aspects of Pikmin 2, so I feel like this would be an awesome way to rep Pikmin 2 in Smash. I think having an enemy to contend with in each section might be a little too much to deal with, but other than that I think this is a pretty unique idea.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
SegaSonic the Hedgehog
game of origin: SegaSonic the Hedgehog

this is a scrolling stage which goes through the first 3 zones from the arcade game SegaSonic the Hedgehog. it doesn't have many complex platform layouts, as opposed to a randomized layout with many pits and hazards, as well as the fastest scrolling of any stage in the game. it also has a special camera which is tilted slightly upwards and leftwards. due to Icy Isle being especially hazardous, it and Desert Dodge have been swapped for the Smash stage

you begin on Volcanic Vault. meteors fall from the sky and create fire which stays on the ground until it goes off-screen. there are endless pits, which will occasionally erupt lava geysers.

then it switches to Desert Dodge, this stage has pits that appear from the ground with no warning. there are cacti that serve as easily avoidable but very powerful hazards and there is a giant tornado chasing the fighters, which does not insta-KO, but instead sends anyone caught upwards like the tornado in Hyrule Castle, but much, much more powerful and big.

it then switches to Icy Isle. this stage has slippery physics, icicles that are bigger and fall faster than meteors but can be used as platforms, similar to the icicles from Mushroom Kingdom U but a lot smaller, and the biggest hazard here - sometimes with little warning, ice blocks in the background will come into the foreground, causing an instant screen K.O. similar to Giga Bowser. no pits appear in Icy Isle.

after Icy Isle is done, it goes back to Volcanic Vault, this time switching to right to left, only to switch back to left to right next time Volcanic Vault is reached

D

Deleted member

So there are some rumors floating around that Shantae might be among the characters in the fighter pass. As an avid supporter of that idea, allow me to throw my hat in the ring.

Scuttle Town
from Shantae (Series)

The hometown of our favorite Half-Genie Hero. And the town she happens to be the guardian of. Shame she can’t protect it from the incompetence of its own mayor. But even so, she does her best to to protect the town whenever it’s under attack. Good thing too because guess what? It’s under attack again.

If you have the talent to actually draw something like this out instead of having to make a cluster of eye-bleeding copy/paste jobs, I hate you. But only out of jealousy.

But for the sake of having a clue as to what’s what, here are the collisions.

What’s inside the green rectangle is solid ground, what’s in the blue ones are passable platforms, and in the red ones are bodies of water that you can swim in. Everything else is just open air. Aliasing may be a bit off. Apologies for that.

As for the background. Well technically it changes a bit because of the day to night transitions in this stage. The image below gives an idea of what things look like during the day.

And this one gives an idea of the night-time appearance.

As for the hazards on this stage, well, there aren’t any. The cool, but annoying in the design process thing about Scuttle Town is that there are so many options for how it could be implemented. So for the sake of not having a stage too crowded with annoying elements that would cause the stage to have to rely on Battlefield and Omega forms to be good (I’m looking at you 75m) I decided to take a page from Dracula’s Castle and have just a simple layout that stays faithful to the source material. And personally I think the layout I went with bears a pretty good resemblance to the 1st level of Half-Genie Hero. So I’m satisfied in that regard.

There are some neat things you’ll see in the background like tinkerbats attacking the town or Sky and Bolo fighting back, but those are all background elements. They wouldn’t have any effect on a match.

The reason Scuttle Town is such an obvious choice for a Shantae stage is because of how pivotal a location it is so in a way it felt like a formality to submit this. If Shantae does get in, I’m not sure how close this interpretation will be to the official Scuttle Town. But I’m certainly curious as to how on or off the mark I’ll be.

Possible DLC character this stage could come with:

Shantae

Dance through the Danger: https://youtu.be/91d7czwAm8s

Neo Burning Town: https://youtu.be/Bl0CPe6YAqs

We Love Burning Town: https://youtu.be/BAzCAV3B7FI

Boss Battle (Pirate’s Curse): https://youtu.be/NpeZkSvqHq4

Trip Through Sequin Land: https://youtu.be/qjORjlvU5cU

Streamworks: https://youtu.be/TUoYI0cXIUw

Rave in the Grave: https://youtu.be/Nm70ikXcok8

Cult of Personality: https://youtu.be/hImbUtLJT04

Scorching Dunes: https://youtu.be/Y_m7iVJQB1E

Bran-Son: https://youtu.be/AByxKJiYL8A

But since Scuttle Town is such an obvious choice for a Shantae stage, I think I’ll throw in a little bonus with a less common idea.

Mermaid Falls
from Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Now despite my large support for Shantae to get in Smash, my experience with her series is actually pretty limited. Mermaid Falls does however fit into the camp of what I have played and it’s an appealing level from Half-Genie Hero. Other options for a stage that’s not Scuttle Town exist I’m sure. But this is the one I’m going with.

Oh my gosh I actually found a way to give a rough idea of a background WHAT IS THIS BLACK MAGIC?!?!?!?!?!

*ahem*

So the main floor that Risky is standing on is solid ground. All other platforms are passable.

Now unlike my Scuttle Town idea this one actually has some things going on that can affect a match. For example, you might see some bubbles enter the screen that can act as platforms. But obviously they’ll pop if you stand on them too long.

The main gimmick here is enemies like those crabs and gators from the factory portion of this level entering the stage. They don’t damage any fighters. But they can do a quick construction job to change the passable platforms into ones that more closely resemble the factory part of the level as opposed to the nature part.

And while the imagery makes it a bit hard to tell, any platforms that get mechanized have those ring lines near them so that the hooks can carry more passable platforms in and out. The mermaids can sometimes appear and launch a bunch of bubbles at the mechanical platforms. These bubbles don’t damage fighters. It’s just a form of magic that transforms the platform back into its nature state.

The mechanical platforms can also bring in special buttons when more than one is in effect. The amount of these buttons ranges from 2 to 4 at once and when they are all pressed…….

The Giga Mermaid appears as a stage boss (as you can tell with her attacks having knocked out Ridley). Her whole body is a weak spot but unlike most bosses she doesn’t grant a reward upon her defeat.

The thing is that the buttons you were pressing earlier were what actived her shackles. The buttons track the player who pressed them and those players are immune to the Giga Mermaids attacks. Except for one occurence.

See the extra brooch like the one the Giga Mermaid wears? Those will appear in the player color of those who imprisoned her and can be broken by attacks. If the brooch of your color gets broken, not only will the Giga Mermaid be able to damage you but she will specifically target you as well. She did not appreciate being chained up after all.

This puts the Giga Mermaid as a risk vs. reward type of boss. Is summoning her to attack the other players worth an opponent breaking a brooch and turning her into a hazard against you? That’s up to you to decide.

Well technically it should be Shantae. But I already listed her for this category on Scuttle Town. So for the sake of variety, I’ll say Risky instead.

Mermaid Falls: https://youtu.be/qTc0DKP4L9A

Counterfelt Mermaids: https://youtu.be/OTd-Zpr8U-Y

Barrel-O-Mermaids: https://youtu.be/WYSmxCKcwD0

Cape Crustacean: https://youtu.be/1yzkRr2WHt0

Boss Battle (Half-Genie Hero): https://youtu.be/cZDuPNdYEBY

The Sky Bridge: https://youtu.be/weD6hnnJoJQ

Tinkerbat Factory: https://youtu.be/VUrWdh2YmKc

Dynamo: https://youtu.be/_L1mgCsq5NI

Lava Wave: https://youtu.be/paBaRbs6H9w

Run Run Rottytops!: https://youtu.be/jFGmNjRHycc

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I know it's slightly off topic, but this is a group of stage experts I can believe in. With more than 100 stages, what are your guys favorite stages? Do you like everything as-is, or hazardless, battlefield, omega?

Me personally I like hazardless for most, though I make a few exceptions (The travel stages, the bigboi stages, and Summit I like better in Battlefield form). As for my favorite stage overall, I honestly really love how Fourside looks in Ultimate. It's incredibly detailed and a joy to play on.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I know it's slightly off topic, but this is a group of stage experts I can believe in. With more than 100 stages, what are your guys favorite stages? Do you like everything as-is, or hazardless, battlefield, omega?

Me personally I like hazardless for most, though I make a few exceptions (The travel stages, the bigboi stages, and Summit I like better in Battlefield form). As for my favorite stage overall, I honestly really love how Fourside looks in Ultimate. It's incredibly detailed and a joy to play on.
Magicant is really pretty, even though Birbman gets in the way sometimes.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

I enjoy a lot of the stages as-is as long their hazards aren't super obtrusive, but I also prefer the battlefield variations over omega for the most part. I do really wish the harardless versions were available on the SSS and not toggled in the options because I'd play on them a lot more often if that were the case. I also kinda wish the hazardless versions kept things like moving platforms for stages like Wily's Castle, Saffron City, etc.

I think my favorite "as-is" stage is Dracula's Castle, with Termina Great Bay and Tortimer Island being runners-up. I always enjoy playing on these ones and they visually look great. I do really like the hazardless Mushroom Kingdom U and Rainbow Cruise versions too.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313

My default is hazardless. I usually only turn hazards on in the few instances where turning them off makes the stage worse (Great Plateau Tower) or when hazards on is just as good as off (Smashville, Arena Ferox, etc.).

I think my favorite stage is hazards-off Find Mii. I always liked the layout on Smash 3DS, but hated the weird mechanics. Now that I can get rid of those mechanics, the stage is a blast to play on!

D

Deleted member

Kevandre Kevandre Your Crystal Peak stage from Hollow Knight was one of my favorite submissions to the stage contest. Now that a Hollow Knight Sequel has been announced, I expect something from it out of you after it comes out ;)

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I assume that at this point everyone's seen the newest Direct, so what did you guys think about the 3.0.0 patch announcement? Honestly, I feel like it could very well be an update that adds Stage Builder.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Kevandre Kevandre Your Crystal Peak stage from Hollow Knight was one of my favorite submissions to the stage contest. Now that a Hollow Knight Sequel has been announced, I expect something from it out of you after it comes out ;)
I can probably comply with that. I never expected it to be a full sequel.

I assume that at this point everyone's seen the newest Direct, so what did you guys think about the 3.0.0 patch announcement? Honestly, I feel like it could very well be an update that adds Stage Builder.
I hope so. But if it is added there I hope it's a lot more in depth than the last couple times. Work with the Mario Maker team or something lol

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I can probably comply with that. I never expected it to be a full sequel.

I hope so. But if it is added there I hope it's a lot more in depth than the last couple times. Work with the Mario Maker team or something lol
The optimist in me is hoping that's why it wasn't in the base game, because they are really going all out on the stage builder this time. They should borrow a page or two from Mario Maker's book for sure though.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Busted Bayou
(Donkey Kong Country
Tropical Freeze)

So it's been a while since I've made a DKC-silhouette stage (Check the spoiler at the end of this post for the previous ones), and it was dead at work today and I was bored. I've put a little less effort into this one than the last couple obviously, but I decided to base it on the above section of this stage. Not just because it was the first picture I found (But that did help), but also because it's a very memorable part of the stage overall and is a little unique.

The stage has very few frills- There's a main platform at the bottom of the stage, with a tree sprouted out of it. The tree itself has eight platforms at different intervals throughout its branches, all of which are passable.

In addition, there are two barrel cannons on either side of the stage. They function the same as the existing barrel cannons in the game, though these two don't move up and down or left and right, they just turn on an axis, like so:

Neither one will blast you off into the blast zone, but use caution when determining where to shoot yourself! It's also not a good place to camp, since enemies can hit you while you're inside the barrel.

The hazardless version of the stage still features the barrels, but they remain stationary in the above positions.

And that's basically it! I didn't like fully recreate the stage background like I did with Foggy Fumes this time (Just using Illustrator's image trace and then cleaning it up) but I think it still looks good all the same.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Busted Bayou
(Donkey Kong Country
Tropical Freeze)

So it's been a while since I've made a DKC-silhouette stage (Check the spoiler at the end of this post for the previous ones), and it was dead at work today and I was bored. I've put a little less effort into this one than the last couple obviously, but I decided to base it on the above section of this stage. Not just because it was the first picture I found (But that did help), but also because it's a very memorable part of the stage overall and is a little unique.

The stage has very few frills- There's a main platform at the bottom of the stage, with a tree sprouted out of it. The tree itself has eight platforms at different intervals throughout its branches, all of which are passable.

In addition, there are two barrel cannons on either side of the stage. They function the same as the existing barrel cannons in the game, though these two don't move up and down or left and right, they just turn on an axis, like so:

Neither one will blast you off into the blast zone, but use caution when determining where to shoot yourself! It's also not a good place to camp, since enemies can hit you while you're inside the barrel.

The hazardless version of the stage still features the barrels, but they remain stationary in the above positions.

And that's basically it! I didn't like fully recreate the stage background like I did with Foggy Fumes this time (Just using Illustrator's image trace and then cleaning it up) but I think it still looks good all the same.

Awesome, but needs more of Samus' crashed gunship in the background.

Top Bottom