• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder Stages/Ideas

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
Oops, I should have included this link to the Appendix of my stage builders guide, where you can look through all the info I've compiled. The Appendix is just a hub where links can be found that take you to the different sections of the guide, as well as a list of the info in each link.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/nicholighkun/20150605/1433520594

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Oops, I should have included this link to the Appendix of my stage builders guide, where you can look through all the info I've compiled. The Appendix is just a hub where links can be found that take you to the different sections of the guide, as well as a list of the info in each link.

[offtopic]It's good you've provided those links, I've been trying to figure out a few things for some of my stages. Thanks for that. [/offtopic]

Zink Imp

Smash Ace

Whoa. That is really beefy. Going to take a full look at it now.

lunaticz0r

Smash Cadet
NNID
gandoe
I'll just repost this from another stage builder thread.

So far I've made 4 real attempts (and a death box because I think everybody does that at some point).

Stage: Spagonia
Music: Rooftop Run
Size: Medium
This stage was based on a mock-up map I made for another thread prior to the game's release. I added an extra floating platform on the left from this original design.
---

Stage: Battle Bowl
Music: Super Mario World Remix
Size: Small
This stage was a remade stage from one I made in Brawl. It's a very simple map with a curved main floor that acts as a bowl. Watch out for barrels which naturally fall to the bottom!

---

Stage: Lava Lagoon
Music: Bowser's Galaxy Generator
Size: Large
A large lava lake with a number of natural platforms floating around it. The bottom area can really rack up the percentage if you get knocked into the lava. The floating platforms on the outer edges of the map rise and lower into the lava.

---

Stage: Tetris Plain
Music: Tetris Type A
Size: Medium
A stage made out of Tetris blocks. Is there more that needs to be said? I didn't realize until after this screenshot was taken that I made the block on the left one block too wide. It's been fixed since.
where can i download those?

TheDerp

Smash Cadet
Roses are Red, Violets are Red, Everything is Red.
NNID
DerpynessRules

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
Quick question before I share my new stage. Why do I suddenly have an avatar that I didn’t add? Was my account hacked or something? Should I be worried? I just changed my password a few days ago. Very confused right now. Never mind. I pity the April fools. : /

And now my new stage Fawn’s Bluff (see miiverse comments 1-8 for details about the stage and 9-26 for building instructions) - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHlDprUyuQ

Last edited:

TheDerp

Smash Cadet
NNID
DerpynessRules

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
@ TheDerp – Do you have a soft platform covering the top of the main stage? That could be why players aren’t allowed to spawn up there. Or perhaps the cannons are too close to the surface. Try moving them down a block or two maybe? Btw, I freaking love that stage, that is such a cool concept.

My new stage: Groove Track (see miiverse comments 1-23 for details; building instructions start with comment 24) - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHlEbKx9OQ

Last edited:

TheDerp

Smash Cadet
NNID
DerpynessRules
@ TheDerp – Do you have a soft platform covering the top of the main stage? That could be why players aren’t allowed to spawn up there. Or perhaps the cannons are too close to the surface. Try moving them down a block or two maybe? Btw, I freaking love that stage, that is such a cool concept.

My new stage: Groove Track (see miiverse comments 1-23 for details; building instructions start with comment 24) - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHlEbKx9OQ
The Wooden material with the lighter wood outlined in white is covering that brownish rock-type material with the wood on top, it doesn't matter if it's soft or hard, it'll always make covered ground not count. I don't plan on changing/removing something there, because it's how I wanted it, since I can't just have one platform though, I'll just experiment with different platform layouts maybe.

The train track thing you did there looks nice, I might try something like that, also, it's really cool how you can grapple onto that triangle part. You could make a map where you have to get from one end to the other or something.

By the way, should we just say a slots number to say what material we're using or something ( For example, Grass will always be 1 and that Temple-like material will always be 2)?

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
Try making it thicker. You can make a very thin solid platform, which I call a wafer. Check out the section of the following link titled

The Wooden material with the lighter wood outlined in white is covering that brownish rock-type material with the wood on top, it doesn't matter if it's soft or hard, it'll always make covered ground not count. I don't plan on changing/removing something there, because it's how I wanted it, since I can't just have one platform though, I'll just experiment with different platform layouts maybe.

Try making it solid. You can make a very thin solid platform, which I call a wafer. Check out the section of the following link titled (5-B) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/nicholighkun/20150605/1433519053

The train track thing you did there looks nice, I might try something like that, also, it's really cool how you can grapple onto that triangle part. You could make a map where you have to get from one end to the other or something.

Did you read the link about GP’s, or do you know how they work? They’re amazing, you should read the section that I mention in comment 05 of my miiverse post.

By the way, should we just say a slots number to say what material we're using or something ( For example, Grass will always be 1 and that Temple-like material will always be 2)?

You could I suppose. I call them Grass and Masonry, and I have names for most of them, but numbers work just as well.

TheDerp

Smash Cadet
NNID
DerpynessRules
Found a design I want to stick with for Gold Mine.
Also, here's a stage I've been touching up for a little while...
A lot of people have made their versions of Yoshi's Island from what I've seen so I wanted to make my own.

Last stage is something that I wasn't actually intending to show off here, because it was supposed to be for this (Not even sure if the thread is still alive), but I liked the outcome a lot and wanted to show here as well.
Would just like to note a lot of my stages look better in-game.

CodyJames7

Smash Rookie
I've been wanting to share my custom stages for a while, so here they are. Ill start with remakes first.

This is the obligatory Hyrule Castle 64 stage. I like to give my stages some visual flair, so I went for a kind of rustic look on this stage, with the overgrown plant wall textures beneath the main floor, and the decrepit Triforce symbol. I have lots of fun with this stage.

Heres another 64 stage remake, this time its Mushroom Kingdom 64. Like the last one I wanted to make it look visually interesting, but I also added some extra bumps in places to make it look more natural. Most people simply make the pipes blocks, but I decided to make them shaped like pipes. The pipe near the bottom of the stage has a little surprise for those who think they can camp there! I may add more cannons to simulate traveling into pipes like the original.

This stage was initially a remake of Peach's Castle 64, but I altered it to make it more competitive. The center platform is now symmetrical, and there are 4 solid platforms that allow for some flashy wall combos.

This stage is pretty generic, and really thats about it. Its literally called Gen Eric. For some reason my friends really like playing on this one so it must be doing something right, right? The two platforms move towards the middle, like one of the formations on Town & City.

This stage is based on The Gangplank Galleon from Donkey Kong Country, where King K Rool is fought. The shape and platform placement is very close to the original room. I've also got a thing for pirate ship based levels.

This stage went through many drafts before I got a result I'm happy with. I don't really have much to say about this stage other than I'm proud I made it and I have lots of fun on it.

Ill make sure to share more later. If anybody wants to download these I'd be happy to put some of them up on Miiverse.
It seems like you have a bit more of a knack for attempting to make competitive stages that have a bit more than just a stage and a couple moving platforms. Maybe you could add me and we could swap ideas and maybe make some stages together. I generally can think of some ideas, but it's more fun with other people and I have blocks every now and then on ideas. Just friend "Ethilhcs" if you're interested!

CodyJames7

Smash Rookie
Our smash wii u online community had a custom stage tournament back in may, and the unanimous favorite stage was "Tech Towers".
View attachment 72582

The wall jump mind games and extra recovery options proved for a more interesting ledge games and recovery options. It's called tech towers because you need to be ready to tech at anytime when you're in the middle. The side islands are about as close to the blastzone as the Smashville platform gets. We at RTF still use this stage often in friendlies. If you want to down load: https://youtu.be/8idfr9nwBOQ
You wouldn't happen to be continuing these tournaments? I've been a big advocate of the custom stages lately and love to share ideas and play with those who also enjoy them. I also wouldn't mind a few extra people to give me criticism on my own.

milkmafiamaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
milkmafiamaster
hi first time poster, long time smash fan. just wanted to share some stages I made, let me know what you guys think!

I am honestly having more fun creating stages then actually playing the game (as amazing as the game is) and would love to see what others have created. I know it's been stated in future updates that stage sharing will be available, so lets see what our best have come up.

here is what I have so far

Stage name: tetris
music: Tetris type A

stage name: wind fish egg
music: Tal Tal heights

stage name: Air fortress
music: air ship theme

stage name: N64 peaches castle remake
music: princess peach's castle

stage name: SMB 3 final battle
music: fortress boss

stage name: N64 star fox remake
music: corneria

stage name: master sword
music: midna's lament

stage name: air fortress 2
music: airship

stage name: simon belmont
music: power-hungry fool

stage name: zelda 2 title
music: main theme/underworld them

stage name: gyromite
music: stackup/gyromite

stage name: link vs stalfos
music: gerudo valley

stage name: green hill zone
music: green hill zone

stage name: green hill zone boss
music: angel island

stage name: SMB 3 fun
music: SMB 3 medley

stage name: eternal sleep
music: midna's lament

I actually created two of these stages as I can't choose which one is better, here is the other

holy cow that is a lot of stages

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

I created a while ago this Solid Snake stage, based on this artwork
What do you think about it?

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
When Smash 4 came out, I sincerely thought that Stage Builder would be absolutely revolutionary.

Boy was I wrong.

It's bland and offers NOTHING substantial to pie. WE NEED PIE.

;) NO STOP

Storm Dragon

Smash Rookie
I used to watch youtube videos of Brawl custom stages, are there any good channels that make videos like that for Smash 4? I can't remember the name of the channel for the life of me, though.

EDIT: Found them! https://www.youtube.com/user/Twilitblack If anyone has any videos like this, I'd love to see them.

Last edited:

Meester Tweester

Smash Rookie
NNID
MeesterTweester
3DS FC
5112-4053-2127
Miiverse will be shutting down November 7th, 2017. This will also stop the ability to share stages forever past that day, so share while you can now!

Frection

Smash Rookie
I've been interested in stage builder for a while now, but I've never made a real masterpiece. I have an interesting idea I'd like to share, but I haven't had any success making it functional yet:

-An indent in a vertical wall has a cannon in it facing directly downwards
-There is a narrow, vertical tunnel going downwards from the indent, which you can't access without using the cannon
-Using the cannon shoots you off the bottom of the screen through the tunnel into another cannon offscreen
-This seconds cannon launches you sideways (again through an offscreen tunnel) into a third cannon which faces directly upwards
-The third cannon fires you back up onto the stage far from where you started, through another vertical tunnel.

I wanna do a Zelda-inspired Large map, so I was trying to think of ways to mirror fast travel.
It's important for most of the cannons to be offscreen so people won't stall in them (they're taking gradual damage) and also because they look messy.

Top Bottom