• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder Stages/Ideas

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So, I fixed Hyrule Castle. In addition to some clipping issues, the spawn points have been fixed; fighters should now spawn on the beige areas on either side, between the "roofs" and the blue area. The platforms have been changed to moving ones to help with this, which actually gives the stage a bit more energy. They only move a tiny bit side to side.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
(Reposted from the competitive stage compilation thread)

More new stages! :D

Stage Name:
Fransokyo Bridge
Music:
Other - Culdcept
Description:
So, the movie Big Hero 6 takes place in a city called "San Fransokyo", basically a mix between San Francisco and Tokyo. Its version of the Golden Gate Bridge has towers shaped sort of like a kind of Japanese shrine, and this stage is based on one of these towers. It has a unique "bowl"-ish shape, with similarly shaped platforms, making for unique play. Those of you who follow me on Miiverse might have downloaded the previous version of this stage, which had a few tiptoeing-related issues and double-thick platforms to fix spawn points, which hampered gameplay. Those have both been fixed in this version, so yay!

Stage Name:
Marió Stadium 3
Music:
Super Mario Bros. - Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)
Description:
These last three stages all fit into the same sort of category; they're past stages, but reskinned and such to be themed to a different franchise. For instance, this one takes Pokémon Stadium 2 and gives it a Super Mario Bros. 3 theme. (The underlined bits are combined into the stage's name.) It has the same basic layout, but how has warp pipes, note blocks, and question mark blocks below the stage for some added flavor! Those of you who follow me on Miiverse might have downloaded the previous version of this stage, which had a few tiptoeing-related issues, clipping issues, and double-thick platforms to fix spawn points, which hampered gameplay. Those have all been fixed in this version, so yay! Also, the note blocks were originally donut blocks, so yeah. :)

Stage Name:
Skyworld Island
Music:
Kid Icarus - Overworld
Description:
This one is Yoshi's Island from Brawl, but with a Kid Icarus-esque aesthetic. The main platform, resembling Skyworld's structures, resides on the cloud below it, made of multiple round shapes. There's also a moving platform that goes below the ledges in place of the ghost platform from the original Yoshi's Island stage, and in place of the tilting soft platform, there's a stationary one.

Stage Name:
Brin-Star Fox
Music:
Star Fox - Main Theme (Star Fox 64)
Description:
In Melee and Brawl, Brinstar was a stage with a rather competitive-friendly layout, but the lava and destructible elements sort of ruined it. Here, those have both been omitted (not like I could add them if I actually wanted to...), and the aesthetic has been changed to taking place on top of a spaceship, flying through outer space. The ship is carrying some cargo right behind the cabin, resembling the shape of the destructible area in the original stage. The stage is also a bit smoother, allowing for better competitive play. Those of you who follow me on Miiverse might have downloaded the previous version of this stage, which had a few tiptoeing-related issues and clipping issues. Those have both been fixed in this version, so yay!

Also, I updated Nintendo Land. The bottom platforms are now solid and grabbable, and the top area is wider. You can also follow me on Miiverse to catch my stages before they're posted here! :)

Last edited:

Ninten PANdA

Smash Rookie
NNID
PANdA
I made these two stages, and I think they're pretty cool

The Great Elevator

What you do in The Great Elevator is you ride the elevators to the top and then fight to the death! It's pretty cool and just finished it today!

Fluffy Tower

In Fluffy Tower, you climb to the top and duke it out, similarly to The Great Elevator (except Fluffy Tower was made first), but when you die I like to make it so the person that lost a stock has to go to the bottom using the moving platforms. But it's up to you what you want to do. Also the cannons at the bottom are there to punish you in case you fall!:kirby:

Both of these stages will be on my Miiverse account, SNESPanda

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
(Reposted from the competitive stage compilation thread)

Even more stages! :D

Stage Name:
Temploon Fight
Music:
The Legend of Zelda - Great Temple/Temple
Description:
Continuing the trend of recreating stages with a different theme, this Zelda themed stage is modeled around the 3DS version's Balloon Fight stage, with its notable features being the pit in the center and platforms of varying sizes. The ledges are also sort of like the original stage, able to catch recoveries under the small lip if you're not careful!

Stage Name:
Potted Japes
Music:
Pikmin - Stage Select (Pikmin 2)
Description:
This stage is less of a recreation of a past stage, and more of an inspiration from one. It's a Pikmin themed stage, and takes place on a flower pot and the "leaves" of the plant that resides in the pot. It's loosely inspired by Jungle Japes from Melee and the 3DS game, although it is very loose. There are two platforms above the main stage and two bigger ones to the sides, opening up more options and changing edgeguarding, recovery, and more.

Hope you enjoyed the stages! By the way, you can also follow me on Miiverse to catch my stages before they're posted here! :)

D

DeleteThisAcct

Since there's no real easy way to get good screenshots of the stages, I'm stuck using pics from Miiverse. Sadly, since globally shared stages are only live for 30 days from the date they were originally uploaded, posting Miiverse links might not be the best idea. If there's a stage you really want, I guess just message me or something and I can always upload it to Miiverse and give you the link. You can also click the photo to view the writeup I have for each stage on my Imgur album, for those who like insight on my inspirations, misc. thoughts, and backstory related to the stages. Much briefer write-ups are provided here.

Also, since I've made roughly 20 stages, rather than flooding this thread, I'll just share my personal favorites and save the rest for a thread within the Vault group linked in the OP, and Imgur.

Name: Inner Child Playground
Size: Small
BGM: Wii Fit | Skateboard Arena (Free Mode)

This is the first stage I ever made in Smash 4. This stage was inspired by a girl I loved, and the energy I always felt from her. Her energy made me feel so alive and young at heart that I felt like I had to translate this sensation into a stage - which explains my choices for background, music, etc. From the wavy hills that are begging to be ran across, to the heart aflame with passion, this stage represents the liveliness of the soul under the influence of love, which can awaken one's inner child from even the deepest slumber and make you feel like you're young loves in school again.

Mechanics wise, I wanted a stage where side KOs are the only option. To that effect, I placed lava along the outside as well as cannons that let players in, but not out. The bottom-left side has both the greatest risk and reward for KOs as getting thrown into that curve results in getting stage spiked - thanks geometry.

Name: What the Octopus
Size: Large
BGM: Kid Icarus | Overworld

There's a really funny story behind this one. Back at my first job, the lovely retail hellhole that it was, there were times you just wanted to scream "WTF?!" due to a jerk customer, incompetent co-worker and / or upper management, or mechanical failure of any given device, such as the self-scan registers. I turned these feelings into a drawing, which then became a running gag at my first job, and thus the "WTF Octopus" was born. It became tradition to draw him whenever something made you want to scream "WTF" at the workplace, but couldn't for obvious reasons. If the job is slow-paced, yet chaotic, or fast paced with breaks to draw inbetween, it can become fun to see how many you drew over the course of a few shifts.

Normally, these loveable little six-legged octopi are blue, wear striped party hats, and are seen with balloons too, but the Stage Builder's "weight limit" (which shouldn't even be a thing on the Wii U's hardware) prevented his accessories from making the cut. Now he's green with envy of the other WTF Octopi that have party hats and balloons.

This stage was entirely hand-drawn, so duplicating it manually isn't exactly recommended, or even possible. Use the tentacles to your strategic advantage, they're all grabbable ledges.

Name: The Thunderdome!
BGM: Xenoblade Chronicles | You Will Know Our Names

Back in high school, rather intense, close-quarter battles were often fought in the bathroom. My friend Steve called this "The Thunderdome", a name that to this day still makes me think of bathroom brawls which my inner child still finds amusing. This stage was meant to capture the intensity, insanity, and essence of it all. The lower level has only a single narrow-ish blast zone but keeps the heat on with the lava ceiling. The upper level may not have as many hazards, but keeps the pressure on by exposing you to the side and top blast zones which are wide open and nearby. Pick your poison, but if I were you, I'd go nuts in the lower level. There's also a small lava cage for those seeking a quick grudge match. When it's time to "Settle it in Smash", "The Thunderdome!" is the place to bring it.

Name: The Thunderdome! Ω
Size: Small
BGM: Other | Jergingha - Planet Destruction Form

Back in high school, rather intense, close-quarter battles were often fought in the bathroom. My friend Steve called this "The Thunderdome", a name that to this very day makes me think of bathroom brawls that my inner child still finds amusing. This stage was meant to capture the intensity, insanity, and essence of it all.

While this stage may not be a true "Ω Form", it does it's best to capture and intermingle the spirit of both the original "The Thunderdome" and the competitive nature of "For Glory". An end to which I feel it succeeded with flying colors.

It should be noted that this stage uncovered a huge bug in the CPU's AI. For whatever reason, the amount of lava present confuses the AI so bad that it's rendered unable to move (you can literally just push a Lvl 9 or amiibo off the stage as it's totally helpless). This sadly means that you can't watch amiibo battles in this epic arena. That being said, can someone direct me to where I can file a bug report to get the AI fixed???

Name: NeoNew Pork City
BGM: EarthBound (Mother) | Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise

A re-imagining (and hopefully more tournament legal version) of Brawl's "New Pork City". The "afterburners" holding the stage afloat make it extremely tempting ,and rewarding, to gravitate the battle towards there, but remember that greed is a bad creed, and you just might find yourself being the one who's getting stage spiked instead. If you're lucky though, the flying "limo" may catch you if that happens.

New Pork City had gimmicks such as a swing and the Ultimate Chimera. To compensate for those being missing, I added a network of cannons that, while visible in the picture, are actually hidden off-screen. Using an exploit in the game's physics, I made one of them one-way and accessible only through a particular route.

Name: Hall of Saints 3
BGM: Fire Emblem | Id (Purpose)

This is one of the few stages I'm not allowed to post on Miiverse because of it's religious nature, and Miiverse TOS strictly forbidding posts of a religious and / or political nature.

I really wanted to share this stage on Miiverse, but since I can't, I provided the grid form of this screenshot so that you may freely copy the stage - just be sure to give me credit if you showcase it anywhere, or to anyone. Usually I like to make religious themed stages during the season of Lent, and around the Feast of Corpus Christi, which is how this stage came into being.

My inspiration for this stage comes from various windows, stations, and some statues I've seen at a variety of Catholic churches - which is reflected by the structures in the middle of the stage; with the arch and cross being the top / cover, and the thin pass-through platform beneath it representing the bottom / sill. The only thing that's missing are the figures / images of the holy men and women normally found within - something I wish I could add.

I made three versions of this stage, but I chose this particular one to show off because of how enjoyable I find it to be on a competitive level, especially when the battles gravitate towards the upper half.

I really love the BGM I chose to compliment this stage, as it has a strong religious overtone to it in my opinion during the Latin Gregorian chant portions that lend perfectly to the solemn atmosphere I was aiming for.

Name: Smash Palace
BGM: The Legend of Zelda | Temple Theme

I love "Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link" far beyond reason. When "Temple" first came out, the music immediately took me back, but the stage, while incredibly, left me feeling empty. It had Zelda 2's music but the design didn't feel anything like Zelda 2 at all. It was clear to me that Temple wasn't Zelda 2 enough for me. When I'm hearing that music and spamming Link's dAir and uAir for a pure nostalgia high, I need a stage that can Zelda 2 right along with me for the full effect.

I knew what I had to do. I had to make a stage with some semblance to a Zelda 2 palace. After copying the iconic entrance, sans the Iron Knuckle statue on top of it's little pedestal that would've only gotten in the way, and the ominous corridor and elevator awaiting at the end that's hugging the wall, I then went to work taking many creative liberties to create my own little mini-palace to run and play on, however, the initial design didn't translate too well to Smash due to the glaring lack of KO options - solid corridors would only lead to more corridors... corridors, everywhere, except the very bottom floor! One solution would've been to make the majority of the stage as thin platforms but something about that didn't sit well with me, so instead, I only made certain focal points as pass-through, while creating more openings in the side and bottom.

Play this when the nostalgia bug bites you and you feel Temple isn't Zelda 2 enough.

Name: Ness' Shack (L)
BGM: EarthBound (Mother) | Pollyanna (I Believe in You)

EarthBound... I can go on and on about it. It's such a beautiful and touching game that means so much to me, and so many amazing things to so many people. Sadly, there's not many Mother stages out there, so I resolved myself to make one, and without a second thought, I immediately knew what would translate perfectly into an incredible Smash stage - Ness' shack!

In an optional, yet iconic / memorable, scene from the game, Ness can buy his own home for a mere $7500 because "Folks should have a place of their own." Of course, if it's too good to be true, it usually is, and this place is no exception; it's a complete dump. The "beautiful ocean view" is because an entire wall is missing, let's not forget about the bottomless pits in the floor either, all of this transitioned beautifully into Smash, with the only creative liberty taken being a gapping hole in the roof. It even has the weathervane in the form of two small thin platforms near the front of the roof.

Also included is the top of the night stand which is a thin platform by the door, a springy couch which you can either run past or jump on (you can even bounce off it like a little kid should if you press down to fall through the thin platform covering the springs), and a busted bed that's just a springy mess (which will send you gliding along to the roof).

As a huge fan of EarthBound, I put a lot of love and care into this stage, and hopefully that shows and means something to other fans. I recommend having Ness versus Lucas matches here under the following cute, made-up storyline: Ness invites Lucas over to his shack to play, but soon a heated fight breaks out between the PK kids, leading Ness to want to (back)throw his newfound playmate out... but Lucas isn't going to have it, and plans to evict Ness from his own shack! Just who is the king of this... "castle"? Turf war at it's finest.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. ^_^

Enemy Birds

Smash Cadet
Remember the Donkey Kong Country 3 boardwalk levels? I thought I'd replicate one in Smash, and from a messing-around-with-friends standpoint, I think it turned out pretty well. I promise that it seems more like a boardwalk in the actual game -- this zoomed-out view doesn't suit it. It was a toss up between trying to mimic the SNES and GBA versions Stilt Village, but I just went with Mangrove Cove to sound (...vaguely) like the SNES song.
And here's the inevitable Minecraft stage.I wanted to show of a bunch of the things you could find on a new world, including a cave, while minimizing the "cave of life" effect. I can't imagine this being the new Final Destination, but I think that worked out alright.

LE-the-Creator

Smash Rookie
Alright, ya dodos! Since I'm a big fan of custom stages and have made over 70 of them (some competitive/basic, others not so much), I figured I might as well share a few with the world. Here's the first batch...

Saltspray Rig

Based on this area:

I picked Saltspray Rig to represent Splatoon for a couple of reasons. One, it was one of the first Splatoon maps revealed, and two, it is (so far) the only map with perfectly mirrored symmetry, so you could make a SSB stage take place somewhere down the line of symmetry without catering more to one side... I don't think I explained that very well. Oh well.

This stage has had a lot of revisions in the past, and it'll probably happen again. It's kinda hard capturing the map in a single Smash stage without changing the original map's layout a lot.

Marble Lake

Fort Wars 2

Icicle Mountain

Hope you guys like at least one of them! If not, well, there's probably more to come.

FoxMcLovin

Smash Cadet
NNID
FoxMcLovin
3DS FC
5069-4258-0764
Last edited:

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
Last edited:

PK Get Rekt

Smash Rookie
NNID
blabbity33
3DS FC
1908-3610-0623
Not to be that guy, but I personally enjoy omega form stages. They're nice and flat, and you can just either play around or COMPLETELY ANNHILATE YOUR OPPONENTS!! *Master Hand laugh*.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Not to be that guy, but I personally enjoy omega form stages. They're nice and flat, and you can just either play around or COMPLETELY ANNHILATE YOUR OPPONENTS!! *Master Hand laugh*.
This doesn't really have anything to do with the stage builder... see this thread for stage discussion in general.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
I can't yet make stages in the game since I don't have it yet, but I've made several mock-ups in Paint!

Sky Pillar
Sky Pillar Revised.png

Mossdeep Space Center
Mossdeep Space Center.png

Terra Cave
Terra Cave.png

I like Pokemon...

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Alright, got 2 stages.

The first is Jutulstraumen from 1001 Spikes...again. There was a glitch where you could fall through the floor around the tail, it is hopefully patched.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkY1JxrCw

The second is a new one. It's the Great Gabomba Statue from Golden Sun TLA. It's semi solid like Luigi's mansion and has Swinger Flinger for the song, as it reminds me of the songs surrounding this place in game proper. The head is a bit squat, but it's not bad.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkY0he99w

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
Here is my Bubble Bobble stage:

Here is my warp pipe stage: (When you play the stage you cannot see the barrels and they will shoot you to the other "pipe". When it works right anyway, lol)

Here is my Lucario stage:

Top Bottom