• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder Stages/Ideas

Tasokun

Smash Cadet
STEEL THY SHOVEL!
I decided to make all of the areas from the game SHOVEL KNIGHT, so hopefully fans of the series will appreciate these.

"The Plains" (From Shovel Knight) This is the first area in the game. It features a moving platform and...is that the legendary shovel?

"Pridemoor Keep" (From Shovel Knight) This castle setting is the home of King Knight! Features a fiery cauldron and King Knight!

Close-up of King Knight!

"The Lich Yard (From Shovel Knight) This is the home of the ghostly Specter Knight!

Here's another angle:

"Explodatorium" (From Shovel Knight) This lab is the home of Plague Knight. Features the bubbly cauldrons that pop off their lids just like they did in the actual level.

Closer look at the master of alchemy, Plague Knight!

"The Flying Machine" (From Shovel Knight) This flying contraption is the home of Propeller Knight. He can even be seen on the right.

Here's a better look at Propeller Knight! I really like how he turned out :laugh:

"The Lost City" (From Shovel Knight) This underground cave is home to Mole Knight. His fiery attack actually functions as a stage hazard. There are also two gems hidden beneath the stage.

"Clockwork Tower" (From Shovel Knight) This mechanical construct is home to Tinker Knight. Features moving platforms, a conveyor belt, gems, and a little Tinker Knight in the upper corner. Probably my favorite of these stages!

A better look at Tinker Knight:

"The Iron Whale" (From Shovel Knight) This underwater fortress is home to Treasure Knight. This is the largest stage and features a platform-based hazard, spikes, and the greedy knight too.

A couple more photos showcasing Treasure Knight and the platform hazard, which is very similar to the in-game hazard.

"Stranded Ship" (From Shovel Knight) This stage comes straight from the battle against Polar Knight! It even features the spikes that appear after Polar Knight destroys the ground.

Closer look at Polar Knight:

That wraps up all my Shovel Knight stages! Here's just some other stages I haven't gotten to show of yet...

"The Orca" (From the movie JAWS)

"Finkton" (From Bioshock: Infinite)

"Tilted Battle" (The edges can still be grabbed.)

That is all for now! Hope you enjoyed!
Nice stages, they all seem pretty fun to play on. Can't wait until we can actually share stages, I would download these for sure.

Also, sorry about not uploading any of my own stages as of late, I've been highly busy with School stuff. I'll try later this weekend maybe.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Nice stages, they all seem pretty fun to play on. Can't wait until we can actually share stages, I would download these for sure.

Also, sorry about not uploading any of my own stages as of late, I've been highly busy with School stuff. I'll try later this weekend maybe.
Glad you like them! I will definitely make them available for download once they add that feature.

Greenbeastcl

Smash Rookie
Here are my stages. :3

2D art:

Mr Game&Watch bucket

Charizard Flamethrower

Yoshi 16 bit
Chambers of pain
Invisible Smash (glitchy stage)

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
No screenshots, but I made a stage called The Crucible, which is tear-shaped and only has a small opening near the top. As the match goes on, players' percentages keep increasing, but because there's so little hope of actually being thrown out, it isn't long before everyone is bouncing around furiously. It's usually at about 400% - 450% that anyone actually loses.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
I know it's a weird request, but... since there you are all stagebuilding artists, could someone build a stage that reminds the Camper from Breaking Bad? or everything that reminds anything from that series

AND a stage with a Reaper from Mass Effect? with the spacial background

Last edited:

heylodom

Smash Rookie
For all the Golden Sun fans out there, I made Venus Lighthouse and Mars Lighthouse.

Stage Name: Venus Lighthouse
Size: Large
Music: Mario Tennis/Golf (Both are made by Camelot and tend to have music composed similarly to Golden Sun's)

Stage Name: Mars Lighthouse
Size: Large
Music: Battle Scene / Final Boss (Golden Sun)

I used this image ripped from the games as a base.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
This next stage is inspiration from @ Kevandre Kevandre , he posted this image earlier in the "Stage idea" Thread;

Here's me trying to recreate the idea;

Of course it's not as good as the idea was, but at least I tried nonetheless, so thanks for the inspiration!

If anybody else wants to check it out there are some great ideas in the thread;
http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-idea-thread-post-stage-ideas-you-have.371364/
Looks good though, the new stage builder has a lot more potential than Brawl's did! Just not enough which kind of makes me sad. But still!

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
The ability to share stages publicly should be in a future update. I can't wait!

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Most of these aren't that great, but...

"Steel Mill" (from Terminator 2: Judgement Day)

"Stark Tower" (from Iron Man). I made this stage in Brawl, so it was about time I remade it this game.

More Pics:

Iron Man vs. Shulk

Also, you can't drop through the platforms, they are actually solid despite how they look.

"Peach Trees" (from Dredd)

More Pics:

Judge Dredd and Anderson are ready to take down crime.

"Building Crane" Seemed like a cool stage idea to me.

"Burger Time 1-1" (from Burger Time [NES version]). This would be a lot better if the stage builder had ladders...

"Zombies 8 Neighbors" (from Zombies Ate My Neighbors). Stage features a working trampoline, sandbox, and part of a hedge maze.

Features:
Hide yourself in the sandbox!

How the trampoline works: You can stand on it without it immediately launching you in the air, as shown below.

If you want to use it, just hold down!

"Metal Storm 1-1" (from Metal Storm)

"Mars Lighthouse" (from Golden Sun)

"Daisy Cruiser" (from Mario Kart: Double Dash!). This one's kinda pitiful-looking IMO, but it's still fun to fight on. :laugh:

Last edited:

Marigio300X

Smash Cadet
NNID
Marigio300X
3DS FC
2964-8586-7178
I actually made a lot of stages, and shared screenshots of them on my Miiverse. One of them is the Nintendo 64 Logo!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I have so many custom stages, I think I might as well list my personal favorites out of the ones I have. Sorry if I've posted any of these before without remembering.

#10 (Tie): Pokémon Stadium M / Tower of Salvation
Universe:
Pokémon (Past Stage: Project M) / Tales of Symphonia (Past Stage: Flash 2)
Music: :4pikachu: Poké Floats / Attack (Soma Bringer)

These are my go-to practice stages because they're neutral, yet distinct.

The former is probably the #1 most neutral stage in the series. It was clearly meant for :mewtwopm:'s addition, and I can't wait to use it for the same purpose in Smash 4. The latter, while slightly more polarizing, is one of the single most popular competitive stages in SSF2. It's so beloved that for a brief period when it was banned to reduce the stage list, it was often Gentlemen's Clauséd into tournaments anyway because competitors loved it that much.

#9: Kestesauma
Universe:
(It's a secret!)
Music: :4marth: Id (Purpose)

I made this stage as a concept sketch. A concept sketch for a major area in my book. And I think I got exactly the mood and atmosphere I intended.

#8: Goronu
Universe:
Zelda
Music: :4pikachu: Wild Pokémon Battle! (Diamond/Pearl)

Feel free to laugh or wince when I say this; The Zelda CD-i games weren't that bad. I'm the type of person who had nothing to complain about when it came to Zelda II, I don't mind side-scrolling Zelda games. And this mountain climb is a pretty fun stage to climb up and down.
Also, kinda funny how well this music track sounds like the music in the original game, with the instruments and style and all that.

#7: Yoshi's Story (E3 2001)
Universe:
Yoshi (Past Stage: Melee beta build)
Music: :4yoshi: Yoshi's Story (Melee)

I'm proud of this one, damn it. It's not much to look at, I know. Pretty ordinary to play on, too. But you know what? I worked to get my hands on this. I dug up ancient footage that barely anybody has seen in over a decade just for the sake of seeing what the hell this stage's full layout was going to be like. Even then, I had to make assumptions and deductions, scrutinizing over grainy clips only a few seconds long, just so I could have the experience of playing on something that was completely thrown out fifteen years ago.

#6: World Martial Arts Tournament
Universe:
Dragon Ball
Music: :4falcon: Brain Cleaner

I had a similar stage when I was wildly hacking Brawl, and it had a very unique feature; a really, really close lower blast zone. You touch the grass, you're disqualified.

#5 (Tie): Sky Sanctuary Zone / District Court
Universe:
Sonic the Hedgehog (Past Stage: Flash 2) / Ace Attorney (Past Stage: Crusade
Music: :4sonic: Angel Island Zone / :4shulk: Engage the Enemy

I really like these two as competitive stages. They make excellent counterpicks.
The first is a counterpick in its source game due to its unique ledges and low platforms.
The latter is a starter in its source game, but I call it a counterpick here because Crusade stages in general are much larger than canon stages. Anyway, I love playing 1v1s on both of these.

#4: Pirate Ship
Universe:
Zelda (Past Stage: Brawl)
Music: :4link: Song of Storms

I'm still grinning like an idiot over how well I've handled the hazards. Not only didI manage to get the King of Red Lions, I made sure that the catapult was only open some of the time!

#3 (Tie): N E W (Beta 2) / T E S T (Coffee Shop)
Universe:[/B] Super Smash Bros. (Past Stage: N64)) / Super Smash Bros. (Past Stage: Melee)
Music: :4kirby: Flower Fields / :4fox: Corneria (Melee)

Say it with me: I am a gigantic ****ing nerd. I loved these two bizarre... things. My only regret is I had to seriously scale the latter down because the original was just that massive.

#2: Albia
Universe:
Creatures
Music: :4shulk: Gaur Plains

Creatures was a series of very intricate virtual pet games for Windows back in the '90s that I have fond memories of. This is the first area of the first game. I also had it as a custom stage in Brawl, and I'm glad I was able to spruce it up visually here.
(By the way, the series is available on GOG. The package with 1 and 2 are called Creatures: The Albian Years, and the package with 3 and Docking Station (a spin-off of 3) are called Creatures: Exodus.)

#1: All-Star Rest Area
Universe:
Super Smash Bros. (Past Stage: Brawl)
Music: :4shulk: Gaur Plain - Night

This isn't my #1 favorite stage for playing on, no. This area was my happy place. I just liked to chill out here and move around a bit in order to relax. I tried to recreate as visually close as I possibly could so it would have that same effect on me. I think I did a pretty good job.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

RetroStu

Smash Rookie
Nice attention to detail, and a lot of them look pretty fun to play on, too.

You're the only person other than myself that I've ever met who has over 60 stages, by the way. I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys the feature that much.
There was a guy on reddit that hit the limit which worryingly isn't too far away, I think it was about 75

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
There was a guy on reddit that hit the limit which worryingly isn't too far away, I think it was about 75
I HAVE hit the limit before. It's about 90, I think, and replays take up stage slots, too.
Why oh why can't we export stages anymore?!...

Geno9999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Geno9999
View attachment 34017
View attachment 34018

I caught the Freddy Faz-bug a tad late, but hey, what are you gonna do. It's my stage builder.

The music is N's Castle Medley. Because really, what else could it be here?
Because of this stage I just HAD to build a FN@F2 stage. I'll try to get screenshots posted here soon, still playtesting if the layout is better as a large stage or as a medium stage.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011

Clocktown
inspired by zelda's MM, Clock on the right, lil pond next to it, with a cannon (Deku scrub) if you duck into it. the leftish side has the tower that takes three days to build, and the end is just the stairs to Kafai's hideout.

Hilled Ruin
feels a little like hyrule Temple, the bottom right is good for stage spikes.

Yoshi's Island remake. Can't make the platforms do the proper movements, or fall into the blast box, so there's a death cannon if you wait on the side platforms too long.

Brinstar remake
A few ground platforms are required, so it's not perfect. the platforms almost completely lower into the lava, so the battle momentarily takes place:

Like this (the lowest point)

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I don't actually own the Wii U version, are taller moving platforms something that can be made?
Yes; you can change the length and direction (by moving the two points between which the platform travels), and there are small (one Battlefield platform) and large (three Battlefield platforms) varieties.

On another note, I've just finished uploading pics of some of my other stages to Miiverse. I'll post them here with info once I can get back on the PC.

Geno9999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Geno9999
I know you can make them 3 wide but how about 3 tall? Or more even?
All of the moving platforms in the creator are the thin, fall-through only kind. You also can't have grabbable ledges on them either.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
As promised, here's some more of my custom stages! :D

Name: World 1-1
Origin: Super Mario Bros.
Music: Super Mario Bros. Medley
This stage takes place in the iconic first level of the original NES classic, from the brick block formations to the stairs leading up to the flagpole. The pipe has a cannon at the bottom for attacking opponents as well as getting up to the upper area. There's a left-to-right moving platform to help fighters get up to the very top, as well as an elevator between the stairs and the flagpole to help fighters get back up.

Name:
Crisis City
Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Music: His World (Instrumental)
From the infamous 2006 entry in the Sonic franchise, this stage takes place in the ruined future, amok with lava. The left side is a walkoff, but the right hand side is an ungrabbable edge. Luckily, players can use the lava to bounce up onto the building again. The pillar in the center has a large spring inside for getting back up to the top areas. The ground is very unstable, with patches of untraversable ground. Even the drop-through platforms are crooked!

Name: Super Bell Hill
Origin: Super Mario 3D World
Music: Super Bell Hill
This stage takes place in the first world of Super Mario 3D World, with its grassy plains and fenced walls. The verticality and bell trees of the original level make a comeback, giving the stage many walls for wall jumpers. The clear pipes are also here, but with a bit of a change; instead of travelling through the pipes, players are shot out of them via the cannons. This is useful for attacking opponents, traversing the landscape, or even saving players from meteor smashes!

Name: Mute City
Origin: F-Zero series
Music: Mute City Ver. 3
This stage might ring a bell to some of you; it's similar to the Rainbow Road stage I showed off in my previous post. There are some differences between that stage and this one, though. The ramps with springs are gone, but there are more platforms. There is also a non-functioning shuttle loop on the far right, which makes for a very tight cave of life.

Name: Distant Planet 2
Origin: Pikmin series
Music: Stage Select (Pikmin 2)
This stage is a successor of sorts to the Distant Planet 2 stage from Brawl and Smash 3DS. It's much bigger than the original stage, and has two walkoffs as opposed to one. The biggest feature of this stage is the cliff face on the left side, overlooking the valley below. The wide open skies make for some intense aerial battles, but the pottery near the bottom still provides some interesting terrain to fight on.

Name: Bowser's Castle
Origin: Super Mario series
Music: Bowser's Galaxy Generator
Set in the fiery depths of World 8, this stage takes place in the lair of the King of Koopas himself. The bumps on the walls are surrounded by lava, so players must hop across them to avoid being singed. There's a more traditional battlefield up top for less hazard-filled matches, and a cannon on the right side can help players get up there. If you miss the cannon, however, you'll get burned by the lava! The lower area has a left-to-right platform to create a conveyor belt effect, and an elevator helps fighters get back up.

Name: Tornado
Origin: Sonic series
Music: Wonder World
Set on Tails's famous biplane, this stage is a small stage with its fair share of gimmicks. The top set of wings serves as a platform, as does the backrest of the pilot's seat. The wheels can be grabbed onto, and the spring also assists recovery. The propeller will damage fighters, and the thruster on the bottom serves as a cannon, launching fighters to their doom!

Name: Lost Levels
Origin: Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels
Music: Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels Medley
This stage encapsulates the entire first world of the originally Japan-only sequel to the original Super Mario Bros. The pipes, stairs, and blocks come from World 1-1, the underground area and the three moving platforms come from World 1-2, the mushrooms and drop-through platforms come from World 1-3, and the lower right area with the descending and ascending lava bridge comes from World 1-4.

Name: Marble Zone
Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
This stage takes place in the second Zone of the original Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis, filled with lava, purple platforms, and grass. The left side is a walk-off, and the right side is a drop-off. The upper area's structure mimics that of the original level, and the lower lava lake is taken straight from the 1991 classic. There are moving platforms on the lower left moving in and out of the wall alternately, above a bottomless pit.

Name: Two Peak Volcano
Origin: N/A
Music: Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)
This stage takes place in the clouds, atop an active volcano! There is a lot of wooden scaffolding, which is surprising considering all of the lava. Anyway, there are pits in the middle and to the right, and the elevator to the right helps get up to the top layers. Both cannons will shoot fighters into the volcano for an instant K.O., and the springs on either side can help get up to the top.

Name: Hill Top Zone
Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Music: Angel Island Zone
This stage is set in the very top of the mountains, with the grassy hillsides (or hilltops, as it were), blue rock faces, and lava. The stage is a walkoff, but there is a large lava-lined pit in the center that can pose quite a threat. The floating islands at the top are ideal for air-based characters like Jigglypuff, and the moving platform can help characters like Little Mac cross the large gap.

Name: Sonic
Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog series
Music: Sonic Heroes
This stage takes place on a floating statue of Sonic's face, with wooden platforms surrounding the arena. The spines can make for an interesting set of platforms, and the spring can help fighters get back up to the main area. The Battlefield-esque platform arrangement at the top curves with the top of the main platform, and two small islands to the either side make up for the lack of grabbable edges on the main platform.

Name: Small Battlefield
Origin: Super Smash Bros. series
Music: Multi-Man Smash
Oh yes I did. This pint-sized version of Battlefield is like the Baby Park of Smash; the battles are crazy and compact. Battles on this stage turn into a "king of the hill" match, a struggle to stay on solid ground. Naturally, this gives air fighters like Jigglypuff quite the advantage. I would have made it smaller, but the game wouldn't let me. >.<

Name: Starlight Carnival
Origin: Sonic Colors
Music: Reach for the Stars
This stage takes place on the space fleet from Sonic Colors, as well as some asteroids from Asteroid Coaster in that same game. The two cannons can be used to attack foes and escape some tricky situations, and the far left cannon shoots you down off of the stage. Don't worry, though; there's another cannon to shoot you back up. If you're tired of all the cannonsense (:L get it?), there's always the Battlefield-esque area at the top.

Name: Tommy
Music: Plaza/Title (Animal Crossing)
Modeled, named, and otherwise based on my Villager amiibo, this is a very vertical stage with relatively few gimmicks. The head doesn't have grabbable edges, but the arms and hands on either side do. In addition, the springs can help fighters get up to the head once they've grabbed the edge.

Name: Hula Hoops
Origin: Wii Fit
Music: Super Hoop
This is a very well-rounded (:L) stage, with platforms, walls, the works. The lava prevents players (but not items!) from spawning inside the hoops, and the main platform provides the most stable ground in the stage. Most of the edges aren't grabbable, but the outer ones are, so recovery isn't hampered.

Name: Waluigi Pinball
Origin: Mario Kart DS
Music: Waluigi Pinball
Taking the iconic racetrack and converting it into a vertical arena, this stage is very vertical, with different platforms everywhere. The pinball flippers have springs, and the cannons on the sides simulate the ball entering the table. There's a damaging asteroid, a curved tube, a moving platform at the bottom over the bottomless pit, and even Waluigi's signature "┘".

Name: Destroyed Skyworld
Origin: Kid Icarus: Uprising
Music: Destroyed Skyworld
I've never played Kid Icarus: Uprising, so I have no idea what "Destroyed Skyworld" looks like. At the same time, though, I love its music and want to use it in a level. So, what do I do? Destroy the actual Skyworld stage! Basically, it's the same stage, but without the destructible platforms, with lava undersides for easy stage spiking, and broken. The moving platform along the bottom remains, though.

Name: Merry Christmas!
Music: Title (Kid Icarus)
More Kid Icarus music! :D This stage takes place near a Christmas tree, but the presents aren't just underneath this main area; they're floating all around it! The cannon at the top won't KO fighters, just shooting them up in the air. None of the platforms are drop-through, and there is a pot for the tree near the bottom. There is also a branch on the left serving as a walk-offs, with ornaments hanging below.

Name: Helicopter
Origin: Pilotwings series
Music: Turbo Jet
Situated on a cargo helicopter, this stage has a very interesting layout. Fighters can walk on top of the helicopter, on the drop-through blades, on the cargo, or even on the landing rudders! The top green platform is drop-through, but the one below is solid. There is also a spring to help fighters get back up to the top.

Name: Wii Sports
Origin: Wii Sports
Music: Wii Sports Series Medley
Wii Sports is quite a varied game, appealing to a wide audience. This stage is also varied, incorporating all five sports from the original Wii hit in one stage! The center area is the boxing ring, upper left is the lava-filled golf hole, upper right is the tennis net, lower left is the baseball field, and lower right is the basketball court. There's lots of room to explore, and quite a bit of minigame potential.

Name: Dimensional Rift
Origin: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Music: Lorule Main Theme
This stage takes place in both the Light and Dark Worlds, split in the very middle. The Light World is fairly standard, but the Dark World is anything but. There's uneven terrain, a lava chasm leading into a bottomless pit, and even a moving platform carrying fighters up to floating lava! The Light World might seem more desirable, but the Dark World has some traps to throw your opponents into -- or get thrown into yourself!

Name: Good Egg Galaxy
Origin: Super Mario Galaxy
Music: Egg Planet
This stage takes place on the starting planet of the first real galaxy (no, the tutorial level doesn't count) in Super Mario Galaxy. Like in Super Bell Hill, the pipes function as cannons. The top half is standard fare, with just a hill, a pipe, and a house. However, the bottom half is quite dangerous, with a small tree platform on the left and a sloped bridge on the right being the only footholds.

Name: Staminarena (:L)
Music: Menu (Melee) Ver. 2
PLAY IN STAMINA MODE. This stage is entirely sealed off, so traditional KOs don't happen here. It's a stamina battle to the death, the old fashioned way! There's a modified Battlefield in the center with springs leading up to it, as well as two platforms on either side with springs leading up to those. The ceiling is lined with lava, and the upper left and right corners have cannons pointing back into the center for attacking opponents.

Name: Seaside Hill
Origin: Sonic Heroes
Music: Sonic Heroes
Taking place in the first level of the Gamecube (among other consoles) Sonic game, this stage has ruins, hillsides, rocks, palm trees, and more. The right hand side focuses on the hills and palm trees, while the left half focuses on the ruins. The palm trees serve as drop-through platforms, but there are still regular ones nearby. The cannon on the far left isn't deadly, and the spring helps characters like Little Mac get up to the right half.

Name: Lava Caverns
Music: Brinstar
This underground stage is filled with lava, and KOs can only happen to the sides and the bottom. The platforms are all crooked, making for some interesting ground battles. Additionally, the ceiling lava can spike at high percentages (demonstrated by poor Mario there), making for some frantic battles near the right edge.

Name: Chemical Plant Zone
Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog 2
This stage takes place in the second Zone of the second Sonic game, filled with tubes, springs, moving platforms, and hazardous chemicals. The two moving platforms in the upper middle alternate between left and right, and the large one below that dips down into the chemicals below. The tubes make for a very curvy landscape, and the spring on the left can help fighters get to the stair-like platforms above.

Name: Mount Wario
Origin: Mario Kart 8
Music: Cloudtop Cruise
This stage encompasses the entire massive track of Mount Wario from Mario Kart 8 (my favorite track in that game, by the way), which goes from the top of a mountain to the very bottom. The helicopter at the top houses the starting line in the original game. Going from left to right, there's also the icy (not here, unfortunately :() cliffside, the rocky cave surrounded by pits, a pine tree from the forest, the ski jump, and the stadium housing the finish line.

Name: Cloudtop Cruise
Origin: Mario Kart 8
Music: Cloudtop Cruise
Another Mario Kart 8 track, this stage takes place in the clouds. The vine racetrack serves as the main platform, with smaller vines serving as drop-throughs. The question mark block landing pad from the original is also here, on the far left. Below the vine is a cloud and an airship on the left and right respectively, and the dark cloud at the top emits a dangerous lightning bolt.

Name: Burger
Music: Brinstar
Simple yet effective, this stage takes place on top of a giant hamburger, complete with buns, lettuce, meat, and cheese. The bottom bun has grabbable edges, which helps when the Lylat-esque french fry edges gimp recovery. The drop-through platforms are also french fries.

Name: 25m
Origin: Donkey Kong (arcade)
Music: Opening (Donkey Kong)
75m but simpler and, arguably, better. There are three solid platforms and two moving ones between them, to replace the ladders. There's not much to say, really, other than how I gave up on the girder motif after the first platform. Just use your imagination for that. :p

Name: Asteroid Belt
Origin: Star Fox series
Music: Star Wolf's Theme/Sector Z
This stage has an Arwing navigating through asteroids, space debris, and a space volcano. The Arwing's jet exhaust will damage fighters, but the rest of the fighter is solid. There are many moving platforms throughout the stage, including one that moves across the entire bottom of the stage. Any fighters who ride it off the edge will be KOd, however. There is a death cannon on the far right asteroid, but it's very out of the way.

Name: Pokemon Stadium X
Origin: Pokemon series
Music: Trainer Battle (X/Y)
A nice simple stage, with a sort of reversed WarioWare platform layout. Rather than on the grass, the Pokeball is etched into the side of the stage. Other than that, the unique platform layout can lead to some interesting plays. This is one of the only competitive-friendly stages I've made. :p

Name: Coliseum 2
Origin: Fire Emblem series
Music: Fire Emblem
This stage is a successor to the Coliseum stage in Smash Wii U, adding in the awnings and sides of the arena. However, this stage also retains the main gimmick of the original stage, that being the changing platform layout (see below spoiler). Apparently, the platforms aren't perfectly synced for some reason, so the results are rather unpredictable. :p

Name: Stairs
Music: Running/Countdown
This stage is just stairs, all the way across. The stairs are one grid block high and three wide. As regular Mario is demonstrating here, dashing up doesn't really work. Dashing down looks sort of odd as well. It's a slanted walk-off, which makes for some interesting battles. The high ceiling also makes vertical KOs rather challenging.

Name: Gears
Music: Spark Man Stage
Following the trend of naming stages after plural objects, Gears is a bunch of, well, gears. Only the horizontal teeth can be grabbed, but any of the blue edges can be stood on. Unfortunately, the gears don't actually turn, but it's still a fun stage, with the variety in size and spacing of the gears.

Name: Pipe Plaza
Origin: Super Mario series
Music: Princess Peach's Castle
Finally, we come to Pipe Plaza. This stage is a bunch of pipes everywhere, along with a set of Battlefield platforms. The pipes have Lylat edges, which hinders certain recovery options. The top left pipe is a walk-off, but it's rather out of the way.
Finally done. As always, mass uploading pictures to Miiverse is a pain. Anyway, hope you like the stages. :)
Wow, that's terrible.
This stagebuilder is insanely limited.
Not really; I (along with all the other posts on this thread) have done what I like to think are some pretty interesting things with it.

Geno9999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Geno9999
Wow, that's terrible.
This stagebuilder is insanely limited.
Yes and no: there are basically a small and a larger variation of four parts (the moving platforms, magma, cannons, and springboards.) Which also means that Conveyer belts, the Ferris Wheel-type, and other special platforms aren't available here (Magma also effectively replaced the Spikes, and have much more flexibility than they did.)
However, the stage builder uses a smaller grid than Brawl did, letting you make blocks 1/3 or 1/4 the size of the smallest block in Brawl. In addition, the grid is very handy for making slanted platforms at angles other than 45 or 30 degrees, while free-style lets you create more fluid/curved platforms than Brawl. Using this, we can make nearly any fall-through platform we can think of. Moving platforms aren't restricted to the cardinal directions. Also, we can create overlapping blocks and parts, something that was not possible in Brawl outside of hacking it. Stage textures for the default platforms has a selection between 3 specialized textures that correspond to the background selected and 2 textures that are the same for all background choices.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Yes and no: there are basically a small and a larger variation of four parts (the moving platforms, magma, cannons, and springboards.) Which also means that Conveyer belts, the Ferris Wheel-type, and other special platforms aren't available here (Magma also effectively replaced the Spikes, and have much more flexibility than they did.)
However, the stage builder uses a smaller grid than Brawl did, letting you make blocks 1/3 or 1/4 the size of the smallest block in Brawl. In addition, the grid is very handy for making slanted platforms at angles other than 45 or 30 degrees, while free-style lets you create more fluid/curved platforms than Brawl. Using this, we can make nearly any fall-through platform we can think of. Moving platforms aren't restricted to the cardinal directions. Also, we can create overlapping blocks and parts, something that was not possible in Brawl outside of hacking it. Stage textures for the default platforms has a selection between 3 specialized textures that correspond to the background selected and 2 textures that are the same for all background choices.
These are the many perks, and they make it really cool to build stuff, but not everything works right/how I hoped.

• It's very hard to count the grid lines on the gamepad, and while you can see on your TV it's tough to be accurate when you're using the stylus
  • When trying to get land masses to match (walk/roll seemlessly across) it tries to give a slight offset, to show it's not the same piece, making the land not level, only using the grid style fixes this, most of the time.
  • Sometimes Ledges refuse to be grab-able, either due to a platform being nearby (makes sense) or the shape of the land body (doesn't seem to have a reason)
  • Triple platforms and single platforms move at different speeds (even when at the same height)
  • You can't have any platform outside the blast zone (i wanted to make the platforms exit the stage like Yoshi's island)
  • The upper space has a portion where players can be, but you can't add any stage (not a huge issue)
I think that's all that bugs me atm.

Btw, I believe there's only one big thread about stages (this one), but I think it'd be nice to have
Competitive stage thread
Artistic stage threat
Stage how to and Tricks.

maybe just have the how to section build up on the first post of this thread?

Last edited:

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Four more stages today; another Commander Keen stage from the 'more recent', if you can call it 'recent', Galaxy series of games, and three MineCraft stages set in different worlds and biomes.

Blooglab SS - based on Commander Keen in Aliens Ate my Babysitter
Small Size, Music: Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)

The full name of the stage is 'Blooglab Space Station' and like the last Keen stage is based on one part of the full level. Specifically, the stage is what I like to call a 'meat-grinder', a stage especially designed for racking up huge damage, even to the point of making knock outs hard to come by. The stage is largely a confined room with a largely lava floor, floating lava hazards in the middle, and no way around them besides the three moving platforms. Ideally, there would be four platforms, but they would constantly circle the hazard, so I've had to make do for now. You knock out fighters on the right side of the stage, but adding difficultly to the task is the fact that two narrow passages are your only way to launch fighters off the stage. There's a fall through platform near the very top right corner of the stage to enter the room.
---
[collapse=Steve brakes into battle?]

I went for a simple Mii than trying to create the genuine 8-bit look. It's the one thing I don't like about MineCraft.[/collapse]

MC Overworld - based on MineCraft
Large Size, Music: Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)

Inspired by Xpinkbean's MineCraft stage I've set about trying to make MineCraft stages for each of the custom stage themes. The full name of the stage is 'MineCraft: Overworld'. This is just a typical, ordinary scene in every MineCraft game; a hill rising up with a cavern inside...that just happens to have a lava poll in it. Trapping a fighter in the cavern is a great way to score free damage, but other than that it just a typical, everyday MineCraft map.
---
MC Nether World (v.1) - based on MineCraft
Large Size, Music: Castle / Boss Fortress (Super Mario World / SMB 3)

This full name of the stage is 'MineCraft: Nether World'. The stage is designed to be similar to a floating island in MineCraft's Nether, in this case it's a Battlefield-type stage styled to look like Nether Brick and lava flowing from down to the bottom. Ideally you should be able to fly through the lava like you can move through it in MineCraft, in a similar fashion to the Blazing Chamber hazards in the Kalos Pokémon League stage, which is why lava flows from the top right island, however I do like this arrangement in any case, despite closing off the right side. Essentially if you find yourself launched but not knocked out you'll be in a bit of strife as the edges, especially the right hand side, are flooded with lava, making ledge recoveries all the more dangerous; you'll made to lift off the ground immediately, or you're stuffed.
---
MC Extreme Hills - based on MineCraft
Large Size, Music: Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)

The full name of the stage is 'MineCraft: Extreme Hills'. This is one of the unique biomes of MineCraft, you can reach some of the absolutely highest naturally generated points on the Overworld. Here, the stage is a massive mountain reaching very nearly the top of the stage itself, and along with most of the stage the cliff faces at the bottom of the stage are sheer. The only stage hazard here is gravity and apart from two floating islands near the base of the stage once your out of reach of the cliff's edge, you'll plummet to your grizzly death.

You died!
*clicks Respawn*
---
A couple of brief things before I go, firstly there's another stage I'm eager to try out, but I'm looking for a specific piece of music, does anyone know if the Street Smash theme is accessible on the Wii U game? Secondly, with the MineCraft stages I'd like to announce that I'm giving my largely vomit-filled Steve? moveset from a previous Make Your Move contest a revamp and a gander at a SSB4-style moveset. 'What does that mean' you say? Find out in due time. :chuckle:

RetroStu

Smash Rookie
These are the many perks, and they make it really cool to build stuff, but not everything works right/how I hoped.

• It's very hard to count the grid lines on the gamepad, and while you can see on your TV it's tough to be accurate when you're using the stylus
  • When trying to get land masses to match (walk/roll seemlessly across) it tries to give a slight offset, to show it's not the same piece, making the land not level, only using the grid style fixes this, most of the time.
  • Sometimes Ledges refuse to be grab-able, either due to a platform being nearby (makes sense) or the shape of the land body (doesn't seem to have a reason)
  • Triple platforms and single platforms move at different speeds (even when at the same height)
  • You can't have any platform outside the blast zone (i wanted to make the platforms exit the stage like Yoshi's island)
  • The upper space has a portion where players can be, but you can't add any stage (not a huge issue)
I think that's all that bugs me atm.

Btw, I believe there's only one big thread about stages (this one), but I think it'd be nice to have
Competitive stage thread
Artistic stage threat
Stage how to and Tricks.

maybe just have the how to section build up on the first post of this thread?
If you lower the resolution in wii U settings below 1080p the grid is much more clearer and doesn't flicker on the Gamepad screen. If you set to 720p it's pretty much as clear and accurate to see as it is on the screen.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Although limited it's still light years ahead of the one in Brawl
Yes and no. I put a lot of effort into my Brawl custom stage and, due to lack of ice and falling blocks, it's just not possible to carry it over, which sucks. Yes, there are advantages to this one but there are also things that are blatantly missing.

Can lava be attached to moving platforms so that it rises and falls?

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Here's a couple more stages I've made. All Nintendo-based this time around! :?:

"Bowser's Road" (from Super Mario 64)

This interesting stage comes straight from one of the final levels of Super Mario 64. As you can see, it has two "rotating" wheels on the righthand side and a moving block of platforms that extends from the lower part of the stage. I even put a different texture on top of each of the main parts of the stage to give it more of a Super Mario 64 look (See Spoiler). All in all, I think this stage is great and it's really fun to fight on!!

"Dragon Roost" (From The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)

Since Pirate Ship didn't make the cut, I took the liberty of making my own Wind Waker stage and chose to make Dragon Roost Island, home of Valoo and Medli. It's based off the area on the rocky beach and features a palm tree, large rocks, and slanted hills. The platforms are meant to represent the wooden-plank walkways that wind around the mountain.

"The Impact Site" (From Pikmin)

The Impact Site is the first area in the very first Pikmin game. The ramp represents a cardboard box that can be pushed by the Pikmin and features a "10" on the side. To the right, there is an overturned pot with bomb rocks inside.

Closer look of the bomb rocks! (There's even a yellow Pikmin trying to carry one...)

"Distant Spring" (From Pikmin)

The Distant Spring is one of the last areas of the first Pikmin game. I tried to include some of the iconic features of this area, so included the strange animal skull and vertebrae, the strange geometric blocks that protrude from the right side, and the egg of the Smoky Progg, an optional boss that sits in a small pool of water.

Another look at the skull.

"Stagnant Sea" (From Pikmin 3)

Stagnant Sea is one of the many arenas in the Bingo Battle mode from Pikmin 3. It's a marshy, puddle-filled area full of scrapped wood and nails, sheet metal, construction tools, and a pair of boots. I included the big boot and piece of wood with a nail stuck in it that acts like a bridge.

Here's a good look at what this stage is based off of:

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

Name: Super Bell Hill
Origin: Super Mario 3D World
Music: Super Bell Hill
This stage takes place in the first world of Super Mario 3D World, with its grassy plains and fenced walls. The verticality and bell trees of the original level make a comeback, giving the stage many walls for wall jumpers. The clear pipes are also here, but with a bit of a change; instead of travelling through the pipes, players are shot out of them via the cannons. This is useful for attacking opponents, traversing the landscape, or even saving players from meteor smashes!
Nice, creative stages. I have an idea for this one. You could turn the cannons of the glass tubes around to point into the wall. Then, you could place some cannons into the wall (you need grid off), and you could create a path from the one end of the glass tube to the other. It would go only one way though. That is, unless you can work something out with the mechanic where if you are shot from a cannon towards another one that is directly nearby you will go through it. I think it can be worked out.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Nice, creative stages. I have an idea for this one. You could turn the cannons of the glass tubes around to point into the wall. Then, you could place some cannons into the wall (you need grid off), and you could create a path from the one end of the glass tube to the other. It would go only one way though. That is, unless you can work something out with the mechanic where if you are shot from a cannon towards another one that is directly nearby you will go through it. I think it can be worked out.
Thanks! I already tried that into-the-wall idea, but it didn't quite work. :/ I think I like the cannons better anyway, though; it's faster, simpler, and more unique (plus, it's a nice little callback to the pipe cannons from 3D World).

Top Bottom