• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Builder maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raman Baby

Smash Rookie
Hello

I have installed Project 3.0 on my WII and it works perfectly fine :)
One thing I noticed missing is the ability to play my stage builder maps.
The selection buttons seems gone/missing/hidden.

Where is it?

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
You're not supposed to be playing those maps anymore. Stage builder is exploited to load P:M, that's why it was required for you to delete/remove all your stages before if you were installing homebrew, loading mods for brawl, etc. If you want to play them again you'd have to not play P:M anymore and load the game normally through its channel.

Raman Baby

Smash Rookie
Is it some how possible to make them both co-exist? Is it possible to change the "load P:M" button from Stage Builder to something else(i e sacrifice an other feature)?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Is it some how possible to make them both co-exist? Is it possible to change the "load P:M" button from Stage Builder to something else(i e sacrifice an other feature)?
No.

Tybis

Smash Apprentice
To have the hackless (Stacksmash) method to work, it's necessary to disable the custom stage page. If it wasn't, then it would freeze when you go to the SSS (because the game would try to load the file you use to load up PM hacklessly as a stage).

You CAN play custom stages with the hackless method, but it's very tedious. With a .gct that has the "No custom stages" code disabled, you'd have to start up PM, then eject your SD, then delete the modded stage file with a PC, then reinsert the SD into your Wii each time you started it up.

However, if you had the Homebrew channel installed on your Wii, then you could use the Homebrew version of PM, which I believe has custom stages enabled by default (I'm not sure). You could safely play on custom stages with this method, since you don't have to go through the stage builder to load PM (or whatever mods you're using).

Raman Baby

Smash Rookie
To have the hackless (Stacksmash) method to work, it's necessary to disable the custom stage page. If it wasn't, then it would freeze when you go to the SSS (because the game would try to load the file you use to load up PM hacklessly as a stage).

You CAN play custom stages with the hackless method, but it's very tedious. With a .gct that has the "No custom stages" code disabled, you'd have to start up PM, then eject your SD, then delete the modded stage file with a PC, then reinsert the SD into your Wii each time you started it up.

However, if you had the Homebrew channel installed on your Wii, then you could use the Homebrew version of PM, which I believe has custom stages enabled by default (I'm not sure). You could safely play on custom stages with this method, since you don't have to go through the stage builder to load PM (or whatever mods you're using).
Someone please confirm the bolded text.

Thanks for the info though :)

I am pretty sure I have the homebrew version installed. I use the USB Loader to boot P:M, not via Stage Builder button.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Homebrew has custom stages turned off as well, unfortunately.

Raman Baby

Smash Rookie
Disappointing. I guess the developers had a good reason to disable it on the Homebrew version. P:M team is a strong one and things such as laziness do not exist.

Tybis

Smash Apprentice
I just made a custom stage-enabled version of the code file. Looks a little strange with the Stage Select Screen's new layout, but it's actually perfectly functional. The button that goes to the custom stage list disappears when you use it, but you can still cycle through the pages of stages with the L/R triggers (Gamecube controller).

HERE it is.
It'll replace the file of the same name in your SD card's "codes" folder, located in the root. I suggest making a backup of the default RSBE01.gct file, just in case.

Koveryl

Smash Rookie
I just made a custom stage-enabled version of the code file. Looks a little strange with the Stage Select Screen's new layout, but it's actually perfectly functional. The button that goes to the custom stage list disappears when you use it, but you can still cycle through the pages of stages with the L/R triggers (Gamecube controller).

HERE it is.
It'll replace the file of the same name in your SD card's "codes" folder, located in the root. I suggest making a backup of the default RSBE01.gct file, just in case.

Thank you for this! I made some cool custom stages and wasn't able to play them. Now I can! :D

Raman Baby

Smash Rookie

HERE it is.
Thank you, I will try it tomorrow :)

Draken Stark

Smash Rookie
Come to think of it, wouldn't it be easy to add a message after loading Project M. It could say, "If you'd like to use custom stages, you may now swap out memory cards." or something. On the stage select screen there could also be a custom stage button in one of the corners of the screen, with a warning on it as well.

I'm only saying this because making multiple versions of the same mod, just for different loading methods, can be tiring. Here's hoping it's not hair pulling difficult to implement for the PMBR.

Goldenbrawler

Smash Rookie
I've been making YouTube videos for awhile, and this will really help my series, but I don't think it's working correctly for me...would someone mind posting a guide and/or show what the menu looks like when it's done correctly? I would really appreciate a response!

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911

HERE it is.
This one is outdated. Would it be possible to make one for the new build of P:M?

Goldenbrawler

Smash Rookie
This one is outdated. Would it be possible to make one for the new build of P:M?
Is that why it's not working for 3.0.2? I hope they update this soon then, it's really important I get this so I can start my series back up.

ScrubKing

Smash Rookie
You could always open the RSBE01.gct file with GCTEdit, then delete the Disable Custom Stages code so that your PM Build will load your custom stages.

Here are some specific step by step instructions (please note that these instructions are for homebrew users):

1.) First, make a back up of your RSBE01.gct file (located in the "codes" folder in the root of your SD Card or USB thingy), just in case something goes wrong. Once you've made your copy, download GCTEdit. You can download it here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kquyhpig2xuda3z/ggm1b8tmF5

2.) Unzip GCTEdit, then open the GCTEdit program when you are done extracting the files. Once the GCTEdit program starts up, click on "Open GCT" in GCTEdit, which is located near upper right corner of the window.

3.) Now search for the RSBE01.gct file that is in the "codes" folder, located in the root of your SD/USB device. Click on it, and wait for GCTEdit to open the gct file.

4.) Once GCTEdit opens the gct file, click on "Save TXT".

Save it as this:

example.txt

5.) Now open the text file you just created from GCTEdit. Now press both"CTRL" and "F". A text box will appear. Now copy and paste this code into the text box:

Code:
046B841C 48000040
This is the code that disables custom stages. Click on "Find Next" in the text box, and it should highlight the code for you. Once highlighted, delete the code. Be sure to close any gaps in the code list upon deleting the Disable Custom Stages code.

6.) Now save the text file. Not "Save As", just "Save".

7.) Use GCTEdit to open the text file you've just edited. Click on "Open TXT" in GCTEdit to do so, and search for the edited text file.

8.) Once GCTEdit finishes loading the text file, click on "Save GCT".

Now save it as this:

RSBE01.gct

9.) Replace the RSBE01.gct file in your codes folder with the RSBE01.gct file you've created.

10.) Eject your SD/USB device safely, then insert it in your Wii. Start up your build of Project M. If you did the above steps correctly, then you should be able to select your custom stages in the stage select screen.

A word of warning:

If you save your custom stages on your SD card, then edit them, there is the possibility they may freeze your game. The safest way to play them is to save your custom stages on your Wii. That way, when you edit them, they won't freeze randomly during editing, upon selection, or after a match ends. I hope this helps.

Also, the stage select screen will look a little wonky when you go to the custom stages page. Do not worry, it will function as normal. However, if you have a lot of custom stages, the page buttons will be obstructed by the custom stage list. This is easily resolved by simply pressing the L or R button (you can scroll through the stage pages with them).

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

Vigihes

Smash Cadet
I hope this helps!
It did for me too, thanks ! :D
I juste have one problem : every time a match ends I have to fight Sonic as "a new challenger approaching" which is a little bit annoying (it's always Sonic). From what I saw on Google it's the same problem as people have when they're playing with de netplay version.
There's another weird thing : every time I go to the character select menu the music changes and it's always a Fire Emblem music...

But when I put the non-modified RSBE01.gct file again it works perfectly. I'm on 3.6 beta.

Narpas_sword

@ Vigihes Vigihes

This really shouldn't have been necroed mate.
This counts as custom content now and doesn't belong in the bug reporting forum.

I suggest making a topic in help and support to address you other issues, but take a look around first, there are likely already solutions.

reinstalling and defragging your sd card (or formatting it) is a start.
The music issue is usually solved by doing this.

Locking this as altering your gct to allow stagebuilder isn't resolving any bugs.
Not to mention it's from last year so the gct will be different now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom