• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Builder has a problem...

xLuGamesx

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I'm not used to complaining a lot- I am actually very fine with stage builder and its mechanics. You can make stages, share em, and fight on em, etc.

But here's the thing, other than how annoying it is when you can't put the amount of detail you want in your stage or place another structure on it because "sTAge cAPacITY iS mAXed".
If you are like me, watched Smash machinima and seen custom stages being used as... well, a stage. Oooor you just like role-playing and want to record a funny moment-
Unfortunately, you can't edit these recordings at all with the current Smash Ultimate editor. You can only look at them from a distance.
You can't change the camera angle, shift character perspective, I'm not even sure if you can zoom in, basically everything else you could have done with normal stage recordings. Essentially, if you are a Smash content creator you cannot use custom stages to record on because of this. WHICH IS A SHAME BECAUSE IT WOULD ADD MORE VARIETY, UNIQUENESS, AND WOULD FIT CERTAIN SCENARIOS BETTER!!
...I know people are doing the best they can with what they have currently, but its just such a shame they can't add stage builder stages to their tools as well...
I can't tell if this was done on purpose or not, but it's just so confusing custom stages aren't treated similarly to recordings on regular stages.

What do you guys think? That I'm being salty? What else do you think stage builder could use?

(I hope there isn't any other thread about this, I couldn't find one discussing the issues with stage builder)

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
I never record videos of the stages I make (only photos and the camera is ehh...ok), so I can't say I fully understand your pain. However, if you ask me what is missing from the Stage Builder, well:
- Mirror Tool
- Copy Tool
- More hazardous terrains. Poison floor, spikes, electric walls, etc.
- More backgrounds. There are like 100 stages with differents backgrounds. Why can we only use 12!?
- And the most important of all: MORE SPACE.

xLuGamesx

Smash Rookie
- Mirror Tool
- Copy Tool
- More backgrounds. There are like 100 stages with differents backgrounds. Why can we only use 12!?
All of these should have been there to begin with...
I hope they will add them in newer patches coz the current stage builder feels bare tbh
...tHO sERIOUSLY WHAT IS UP WITH THE SPACE IT JUSt RUNS OUT

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
While I like the textures we have, I wish they would have included the Wii U textures.

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
I never record videos of the stages I make (only photos and the camera is ehh...ok), so I can't say I fully understand your pain. However, if you ask me what is missing from the Stage Builder, well:
- Mirror Tool
- Copy Tool
All of these tools (along with choosing spawn and respawning points) would be huge quality of life updates. I'm sad that Stage Builder hasn't received any of these kinds of updates since launch.

Also, different types of hazardous terrain really seemed like a no-brainer with how they wanted to promote spirits. Giving people just that one extra reason to use that Ignore Poison Spirit seems like it would've been a solid bonus as well, since so many spirits are useless outside World of Light.

I'd also love to see the other ~100 stage backgrounds sold for coins or Spirit Points in the various shops. That adds another sink for coins and SP once all of the music is unlocked, along with giving us a lot more options for thematic stages in the long run.

Top Bottom