• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stadium Gaming Olympics IV

TKDmaster

Smash Rookie
Introduction:

The stadium community and AllisBrawl presents the 4th edition of the Stadium Gaming Olympics series. This international tournament allows gamers to showcase their abilities, intelligence, skill, and creativity to achieve high scores in over 100 events. With new events added into the tournament, gamers do not need to know how to play stadium in order to participate. Stadium Gaming Olympics offers free admission in return of you being a better player in stadium.

History:

The idea originally came up accidentally in a social thread in the AllisBrawl stadium forums. A misinterpretation between stadium players led to the creation of the Stadium Gaming Olympics I, held in Summer 2010 and organized by SGOlympian.
The format for Stadium Gaming Olympics I separated stadium events into three sections: Brawl, Melee, and SSB64. In a landslide, German stadium player KyoakuNaKira was crowned champion of the first edition of the series.

Stadium Gaming Olympics II featured a revised format where events are divided by type of stadium mode. In addition to the core events, the tournament included Escape from Brinstar, Race to the Finish, Co-op Stadium, and Training Mode. The champion of this tournament held during the summer of 2011 was Treklink256, who dominated Melee and SSB64 modes.

Stadium Gaming Olympics III, held in summer 2012, was introduced by an AllisBrawl sitewide announcement. Six AllisBrawl staff members participated in the tournament: Limit, hotdogturtle, Horse, BlazerKarby, Treklink256, and SGOlympian. This tournament also featured AllisBrawl events, such as Screenshot of the Week. By a close margin, SGOlympian was crowned champion of Stadium Gaming Olympics III.

In summer 2013, the torch for Stadium Gaming Olympics IV will be lit. Who will be the next champion of the Stadium Gaming Olympics series? Who will make history?

Rules:

Stadium Gaming Olympics IV is a ladder system, meaning your placing in the tournament is determined by the amount of points you have. Here are the amount of points awarded for each entry.

1st Place: 5 points + 1 win
2nd Place: 4 points
3rd Place: 3 points
4th Place: 2 points
Participation: 1 point
No participation: 0 points
Cheating: -10 points, doubles every time this occurs

Cheating will not be tolerated.

Most events last one to two weeks. You may not submit videos previously done before the release of the event video. (Credits to the hylian) All entries are due by 11:59 PM PST on a given due date. If by any circumstance you need an extension, PM me before the start of the event.

Remember that you don't need to do all the events. It's a tournament with over 100 events. Not every event is expected out of you. However, the more events you participate in, the more points you will earn.

New rule (FOR ALLISBRAWL ONLY): You will need to meet a requirement to earn your stadium badge. The record has to be "Olympics" worthy. I don't want to see 2000ft Ganondorf in home run contest or 5 minute Falco on Break the Targets level 1. The requirements will be posted in the event video.

Submitting an Entry:

This tournament takes place online. There are a few ways to send me entries. Here are the several ways of sending an entry:

+AllisBrawl PM to SGOlympian (Excalibur) or Treklink256
+Youtube PM to SGOlympian (http://www.youtube.com/user/SSBSGOlympian)
+E-mail ssbsgolympian@gmail.com
+Video response the event video
+Brawl Friend Code (not preferred)
+Post your entries on the SSB Stadium - Video Library - Tournament boards
+Record your stream and link me the entry

Remember that all entries are due by 11:59 PM PST on a given due date.

Link to SSB Stadium Forums: http://supersmashbrosstadium.freesmfhosting.com/index.php?action=forum

If any of you guys are interested, participate in attempt to revive stadium.

The Break the Targets have started already and will end this Sunday. Check this link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPzuCdjhQ9M

Home Run Contest will start on Sunday. Be sure to check SSBSGOlympian's Youtube channel.

Top Bottom