• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Louis Metro Area General Discussion

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Yea Alex let's be real here. Smashers can't ever "quit" smash. It's in their blood. We're not just smash brothers. We're technically blood brothers. :awesome:
I've "quit" Smash many times before and I'm sure I'll quit it many times in the future.

There was a time I would have gone to Pathways with you guys without a second thought.

But seriously, anybody that can play today, call/text me. And bring a setup because I don't have one anymore.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
hey shoutouts/big thanks to devin (and binyan's JANK secondaries i guess) for that samus practice
NP, man. You're Paul, right? I've been working on a lot of Samus stuff and I've unrusted since we played, so you'll have a better Samus to play against next time we meet up. Good job against rat ;)

@Darkatma- will you post those vids to your YouTube channel? I think I'm subscribed.

:phone:

Roux

Smash Journeyman
I'm totally down to smash if its at Riio's place
Just heard some guys yelling at each other outside my house, then it occurred to me why Bert preferred to play at Riio's house ;) I don't blame you, Jeeps are a high theft car.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Just heard some guys yelling at each other outside my house, then it occurred to me why Bert preferred to play at Riio's house ;) I don't blame you, Jeeps are a high theft car.

LOL yea...sorry for not specifying that! But I told you I'd find the link to the story that Fox 2 did on me when my Jeep was stolen in StL, but it seems as if the link is broken. When Fox 2 switched websites, from "myfoxstl.com" to whatever they have now the story must have gotten lost somehow. However, I have a link to this:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/make-wish-jeep-stolen-kidney-transplant-teen-537873/

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Man that sucks. I've found and reported 2 stolen jeeps behind my house. I almost called in a 3rd one but realized after I called it was a workers truck in the same spot.

Anyway, keep me posted if you're playing next week.

DarrellD

Smash Ace
my peach was really off her game, except vs ice climbers (choknater)... I switched back and forth a lot for sets, but I'd say 60-40 sheik peach i think.

I felt really rusty going in to the tourney, and kinda unrusted along the way.
Watch my sets vs darrell and SS when they go up! They're pretty fun/funny (at least the ss set)
Yo lets play sometime. whats them digits

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Anyone up for playing Friday or Saturday night this week? I need something to look forward to. I can host unless someone else wants to.

I should have a club on standby for Bert.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
If I park at the SLU Hospital parking garage and you come get me, then we have a deal!
Haha, I could do that. Friday and Saturday are both good nights for me. Probably anytime after 4 or 5. Anyone else want in? I don't think Bert wants to be beat by Samus all evening ;)

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I'll also be in St Louis this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll have spare time but we should play if I do.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I could do that. Friday and Saturday are both good nights for me. Probably anytime after 4 or 5. Anyone else want in? I don't think Bert wants to be beat by Samus all evening ;)

Yoooo I'm down for Saturday. I'm in NYC with my family until late Friday night

Riio

Smash Cadet
That sounds fun, I'll try to make it but no promises. Karl and I are playing tonight at my place in Richmond Heights, if anyone wants to come then hit me up

darkatma

Smash Hero
LOL so many namesearchers

whatevers, gotta keep them posts in this thread.
STL, someone buy a recording setup, I'm always down to critique some matches.

edit @ the newcomers: find the STL melee group on facebook! Lots of activity there as well

Roux

Smash Journeyman
I've only got 1 CRT TV... is that 6 on board at my place? I'm cool with hosting 6, but more than that might be stretching my little basement.

Edit @ admiral: Yeah, it's cool if you come

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Roux, I can bring a setup with a TV if you want.

Also, I'll mostly likely be staying till 930ish
Edit: or whenever you want us to leave haha, I just assumed people stay later at smashfests

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Roux, I can bring a setup with a TV if you want.

Also, I'll mostly likely be staying till 930ish
Edit: or whenever you want us to leave haha, I just assumed people stay later at smashfests
That will be cool. I'll need a hand moving something out of the way in my studio so we have space, but that will work. Stay til around midnight if you want. If anyone drives a dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth or jeep, let me know and I'll lend you a club while you're here :D

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i can do saturday evening. probably need to figure out a way to get there besides driving since i'm borrowing my dad's car for the summer, and it seems like it'd be risky to park it near Roux's place?

btw, I'm staying in University City, 2 blocks away from the Delmar Loop, for the summer and my office is in Brentwood, so it seems that I'm pretty close to Riio..

Admiral: I look forward to seeing you again on Saturday! What are you doing in St Louis?

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I'm visiting my grandparents. Do you have an internship here or something?

And it's not safe to park near Roux's place? Is there anyplace nearby that is safe to park at or should I find an alternate way of getting there?

Roux

Smash Journeyman
It's plenty safe to park at my place. I've had my ford there for years and never had a break in, it's just that thugs will target those brands I mentioned. They won't touch it if you have a club on it though. I'm definitely not in the 'hood', and it's not nearly as bad as north grand or Normandy. You'll be fine.

Edit: Bert said he'll park at SLU parking garage and I'd pick him up there, then drop him off. If you really want to, that could be an option, just coordinate with Bert if you do so I don't make multiple drives over there. Bert has had his jeep stolen before, jeeps are a high theft brand, so his concerns are understandable.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
It's plenty safe to park at my place. I've had my ford there for years and never had a break in, it's just that thugs will target those brands I mentioned. They won't touch it if you have a club on it though. I'm definitely not in the 'hood', and it's not nearly as bad as north grand or Normandy. You'll be fine.

Edit: Bert said he'll park at SLU parking garage and I'd pick him up there, then drop him off. If you really want to, that could be an option, just coordinate with Bert if you do so I don't make multiple drives over there. Bert has had his jeep stolen before, jeeps are a high theft brand, so his concerns are understandable.
So what's the plan guys?? I might be able to pick up a few ppl on the way to the SLU hospital parking garage. Just let me know if we're planning on tonight or tomorrow night.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
We're planning for tomorrow night (sat), around 5 or anytime after should be fine.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Haha my mom grew up in Normandy, I didn't know it was considered a bad part of town now XD. I'll just park in front of your place then.

Riio

Smash Cadet
We're planning for tomorrow night (sat), around 5 or anytime after should be fine.

Two other STL smashers, Tim and Fred, are planning a little smashfest too tonight, and they usually play at Wash U where they have multiple TVs and setups. Maybe you guys should talk to each other? PM me for Fred's number. IDK if I can play tonight though

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I'm basically living at wash u. If tim and Fred are receptive, maybe it makes more sense to play there with multiple setups already

Roux

Smash Journeyman
That's cool. I'm still planning on hosting at my place, but if anyone wants to head over there I'm cool with that. I just won't be able to come out until about 9. So far I think it's me, Bert, admiral and youngling at my place.

JustBlind

Smash Rookie
Fred here, don't think we can get into the Washu place, was gonna just play a bit cause Tim was coming near my house for something else anyways so it was gonna be at my house but my house is far away from stl (in sunset hills). If someone else has a smashfest planned closer to stl that's probably be better for everyone.

Btw, I'm working over the summer at wash u and get off at 4 on weekdays so if anyone wants to play just head over, I got all summer to kill.

JustBlind

Smash Rookie
Cool, just gimme a call whenever you're heading over. I'm usually playing dota/smash/starcraft every day after work anyways. We got 2 tvs and one cube, one of the tvs can record through vcr and we have a tape or two lying around, quality is ****ty though.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs to the folks that came over last night. Bertbusdriver, youngling, admiral, it was nice meeting all of you. Lots of fun!

Youngling, next time you'll have to use more than dair, up air and fair with CF to continue 3-stocking me, lol.

My family will be out of town Monday-wednesday, so it'd be an easy time for me to get out of the house for some smash. I'm up for anything. Thanks.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
i wanna play
is your place walking distance (i will go up to 3-4 miles, if I knew the area I would bring my bicycle) from any metro stops? could you help me navigate?

I would be taking edwardsville bus to collinsville to east boogie and then metro to where ever

Roux

Smash Journeyman
You're asking me, right? The closest metro stop from me is grand, but it's shut down now cuz of the bridge. CWE is closest now, but maybe hooking up with someone at washu/Richmond heights would be easier. I can give a ride if needed.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
tonk/tomacawk/luke: i can't help you since i'm new to the area...

had a great time smashing yesterday guys. Looking forward to next time. I'm free after work at 5:30pm or so each weekday, and no real obligations on weekends so far.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs to the folks that came over last night. Bertbusdriver, youngling, admiral, it was nice meeting all of you. Lots of fun!

Youngling, next time you'll have to use more than dair, up air and fair with CF to continue 3-stocking me, lol.

My family will be out of town Monday-wednesday, so it'd be an easy time for me to get out of the house for some smash. I'm up for anything. Thanks.

Heheheheheh

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
It was nice to meet you guys. Hopefully I'll see you again at FC or whenever I'm in St. Louis next.

Top Bottom