• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Louis Metro Area General Discussion

Roux

Smash Journeyman
This thread is for every smasher around STL who, after that event in 2008, decided that we must return to melee.

After having this new STL Melee thread up for several months, we've realized that 99% of our online communication is done through the STL Melee Facebook page. It's just easier to post videos, chat, and have it all integrated with the social media stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/323513011041633/

The community is gaining momentum and looking for a good venue to host future tournies. We have some weekly smashfests near WashU campus, and DarkAtma is always happy to critique vids.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
that must not be named event lolllll
Congratulations on the graduation Darkatma! Are you looking around for a job in STL these days, or just taking it easy for a few weeks in Cali?

Riio

Smash Cadet
Richmond Heights/UMSL here. Who's going to Pathways? Think I might go, my first tournament

darkatma

Smash Hero
Wait, what? What did I do wrong? I still don't completely get the navigation or details on this website :p

edit... I get it. NM

Congratulations on the graduation Darkatma! Are you looking around for a job in STL these days, or just taking it easy for a few weeks in Cali?
still looking in stl, going back home on the 26th. still going to look around for stl jobs even at home. I really want to be here for a multitude of reasons.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Yo

I live in kirkwood
Sweet, that's close. I'm Tower Grove Park area. There's a few guys I've met in the WashU area, but to be honest, I'm still new to the smash community here in STL.

@Riio, I'm not going to Pathways, but I know a few that are. You should hop on the Springfield, MO Thread, that's all they're talking about right now. You may be able to bum a carpool off someone around here.

@DarkAtma, I hope the job hunt works out well. Can you remind me what field you're looking into again? I may know people...

darkatma

Smash Hero
Health fields, my ideal goal is to do clinical research for 2 years before med school, but I'm also down for stuff such as medical secretary etc.. and it just has to pay decently enough for me to sustain myself here + start paying off debts

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Nice! I'm glad this thread was started.

Who all plans on attending Pathways this Saturday? I'm bringing a full van of StL and Illinois smashers. If someone wants to follow us in their own car, I wouldn't mind one bit, we just need to make plans.

And I'll be doing a pre-tournament smashfest the night before Pathways (Friday) at my place if anyone's interested let me know.

:phone:

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Richmond Heights/UMSL here. Who's going to Pathways? Think I might go, my first tournament
Hey I live in Richmond Heights too (for another week).

Good luck to those going to the tournament.

jonkeponke

Smash Cadet
sup. let's all forget 2008 :)

im kind of busy with work on the weekdays, but mostly free on the weekends. is that Pathways tournament people are talking about this weekend?

>Bert<

Smash Ace
sup. let's all forget 2008 :)

im kind of busy with work on the weekdays, but mostly free on the weekends. is that Pathways tournament people are talking about this weekend?
Yes sir, this weekend the 26th.

Lixi I never got a chance the other night to wish you luck with everything and it was awesome getting to hang out with you the few times we did. I'll never forget that time you came to visit me in the hospital and all we did was play smash. Good times man. Please continue to post in here often!

Roux

Smash Journeyman
I've got a pretty loose schedule next week. Mon, Tues, or Wed evening I'm free to smash (I can only play one of those nights, not all :p). If anyone wants to come to my place in the Tower Grove area PM or shoot me a message through facebook. I check both.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Hey guys. I don't live in the area but it is nice that we have another section of Missouri that is starting to become a crew.

Who showed up at Pathways? I was the guy with a blue hoodie, beautiful hair, and glasses.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I'm staying in University City all summer. My internship is in brentwood. Lemme know when you guys are smashing :)

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I'm staying in University City all summer. My internship is in brentwood. Lemme know when you guys are smashing :)
This just put a huge smile on my face. Bert we HAVE to team at some point in time.

Edit: when do you plan on moving here? I'll smash with you anytime I'm free.

Big shoutout to Bert for everything
Anytime bro. Hit me up if you ever want to smash.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably playing a bit tonight with Riio. Not sure if it's my place or his yet. Anyone interested?

darkatma

Smash Hero
i'm glad there's a new crowd of people flowing in to STL

My plans right now are a busy summer, then hopefully work back in STL in the fall for the next two years. That's the ideal situation though, still need to find something there.

Updates on smash for me:
Norcal smash is difficult as always haha. Lost to phil (fox player) in 3rd round winner's last weekend, clawed my way back through losers, had some crazy matches with silentspectre, but lost for 4th place. I'm aiming for top 2 next tourney though :p

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Dang, Cali sounds tough. Can't imagine those matches. I looked for you in church the other day, but forgot you were out of town :p

@Bert, Riio is coming over kinda right now (4:30) and he can't stay late. Maybe 9ish. We're at my place.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Had fun tonight Riio! I can't remember Fred and Chester's usernames. pm me if you guys are lurking here ;)

And just so no one's confused, I'm changing my username to just Roux (pronouced like kanga-"roo"), like the cajun mix. My pic will still be the evil Ratigan dressed as a king from Great Mouse detective... so it should be difficult to be confused with the name change.

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
hey shoutouts/big thanks to devin (and binyan's JANK secondaries i guess) for that samus practice

(this is where i wanted to screencap a picture of my ssbpd page, happily displaying my win over rat last weekend. but ssbpd is dead or something)

but i beat rat! score one for st louis. next stop on the abusing puff's bair **** train: vanz

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
i'm in chicago for the summer, i'll be back in st louis for school at the end of august

pathways looked really legit though, wish i could've been there. i can't believe dart lost, i'd never even heard of iori before

whitemountain123

Smash Cadet
@darkatma

Binyan! Glad to see that you're competing. I'm rooting you on all summer! Just curious, who's the toughest for you in NorCal?

Oh, and get on that job search cuz it'd be awesome if you were in STL for two more years.

Edit: who'd you go in tourney?

darkatma

Smash Hero
my peach was really off her game, except vs ice climbers (choknater)... I switched back and forth a lot for sets, but I'd say 60-40 sheik peach i think.

I felt really rusty going in to the tourney, and kinda unrusted along the way.
Watch my sets vs darrell and SS when they go up! They're pretty fun/funny (at least the ss set)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
@darkatma

Binyan! Glad to see that you're competing. I'm rooting you on all summer! Just curious, who's the toughest for you in NorCal?
Apparently, Phil. Why do you keep losing to that guy

Edit: I am moving to Chicago on Saturday. If anybody wants to play one last time, it will have to be tonight or tomorrow. Also note I no longer have a setup, just a controller and memory card.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
good set atma

i will try not to lose to you again :p i won't go ic's this time. i wanted to make round 1 a test to see if you knew the matchup haha, and you did know some things.

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, Phil. Why do you keep losing to that guy

Edit: I am moving to Chicago on Saturday. If anybody wants to play one last time, it will have to be tonight or tomorrow. Also note I no longer have a setup, just a controller and memory card.
alex you should start coming to chicago tourneys. they're every 2 weeks all summer long, and we can team or something to rep st louis

Lixivium

Smash Champion
alex you should start coming to chicago tourneys. they're every 2 weeks all summer long, and we can team or something to rep st louis
LOL I'm not going to have time to go to most of them, but I am thinking of going to the one on the 9th before I start orientation.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Yea Alex let's be real here. Smashers can't ever "quit" smash. It's in their blood. We're not just smash brothers. We're technically blood brothers. :awesome:

Top Bottom