• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
I'm only on page 365. What do you have Smashboards set on 15 posts per page?

N00b.
i havent changed any settings, usually i'm not logged in anyways. when I check the boards on school comps or at the Apple store the page numbers are in the 900s so you mustve changed off the default.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
dts

are you allowed to team with a lvl 9 comp? haha usually i cant get a partner either but i'll be in Connecticut/California/Dallas in late June

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wanna play some melee next time I'm in STL >_>.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
To be honest our "extra game" slot is filled up with Street Fighter 4 every Tuesday now. With SF4 being prominent every week, it's unlikely to get a Melee setup going for more than a few minutes.

We usually split our setups between Street Fighter 4 and Brawl, so having a third game would really marginalize our setups for the other two. I don't think there will be more demand for Melee than Brawl / SF4 and usually Brawl needs at least 2 setups which puts SF4 on our third, which is our normal amount of setups.

We have squeezed in a 4th TV plenty of times though, so there could be some Melee there. I'm sure there would be some time for Melee at some point in the night, just likely not very much at all, especially if only like 2 people are playing it.

I hope I don't sound overly unwelcoming, I just don't want to get your hopes up and make you disappointed if you plan on more than a small amount of Melee, because we're stretched pretty thin between our two games as it is, so it's not likely that there will be much time for Melee.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
When should I come play Melee this weekend? I want Deku practice. And Nuris. And Lixi. And anyone else.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Well, if anyone from the WashU area is going to Will's this Tuesday, I'll buy you some food and anything from my school's cafe for a ride. :) Usually Rauleen gives me a ride, but she said she can't tomorrow, and I would really like to go as it will be the last time I get to for awhile. So lemme know if any WashU peeps go, that would be grand! :)

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Yo Tmacc, is Wash U south of Metals? We can probably pick you up, call/text me at 618-694-3813 cuz I probably won't be on here.

Nicole

Smash Champion
^ It is south of Metal's by quite a bit.

I'm excited that so many people are going to be here this week. Andrew isn't coming though, but I still am, and Watkins may show up again also.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's South by about 25-30 minutes depending on who is driving.

Thanks! I'll definately shoot you a text.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
To be honest our "extra game" slot is filled up with Street Fighter 4 every Tuesday now. With SF4 being prominent every week, it's unlikely to get a Melee setup going for more than a few minutes.
Your "extra game slot" Should be Tatsunoko vs Capcom!!! Waaaaay better than SF4.

and about Friday. If I see enough interest on the boards I'll hold something so post if you want/can come!

Nuris

Smash Lord
i will play this weekend
as for pokemon, there are 4 type triangles:

fire grass water
fire steel rock
grass ground poison
flying rock fighting

the last is probably the truest triangle because all same-type attacks are neutral. all same-types are resisted in the fgw tri, the other two have 2 resists and 1 neutral.
there are also pseudo-triangles like:

fighting dark ghost
ground rock flying

where a super effective attack is waived for immunity over resistance, as well as a number of near-triangles that nearly fit the criteria of a type triangle. for example, electric flying grass or grass/bug rock flying.

and the pokemon are totally what i said before
some misc. plant thing (grass)
donkey (fire)
platypus (water)

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
do donkeys have coiled tails? hell to the nizzo. the pig looks like a gross spawn of turtwig+chikorita

dunno if i can make it out to genos, if i can i'll have to leave super early Daniel the Seraph style because parents are in town.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i thought they were going to do a dark/psychic/fighting triangle for black & white...

and that curly tailed thing looks like a turtwig with a curly tail.

i would go to geno's this friday. try to get some IL people to come too, like last time!

chewyy

Smash Ace
i thought they were going to do a dark/psychic/fighting triangle for black & white...

and that curly tailed thing looks like a turtwig with a curly tail.

i would go to geno's this friday. try to get some IL people to come too, like last time!
smash? I'm on break starting Wednesday and I'll be itching for some smash. I could try to get other people from Springfield as well.

Top Bottom