• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Cook

Smash Master
If I were to write a book with David as he narrator, speaking like he types, I would be highly regarded. And it would be taken seriously.

As someone with an English degree, I know this.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Next Fri would be better for a smashfest (imo), because I just got a baby bunny and I don't want to leave it here all weekend. However, I will still come to Kolby's BBQ this Saturday...someone should tell me where Kolby lives though :)
Yeah, I think it's been decided. I'm going to have a few small local smash gathering this Friday for the people who are leaving town (I really can't have too many people over). Next week though everyone is invited!

alt-F4

Smash Ace
geno i would like to point out that your avatar appears to be geno whirl in stead of your namesake. all will be forgiven if you hit it right and give them the 9999

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
geno i would like to point out that your avatar appears to be geno whirl in stead of your namesake. all will be forgiven if you hit it right and give them the 9999
Lol this is very true, Unfortunately it is impossible to find a cool picture of Geno performing Geno Blast.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Bad news:
I missed my flight
Good news:
I got a reschedule to saturday free of charge
Even better news:
I'll be at geno's smashfest friday night
Its funny how more good new than bad news came from missing your flight :laugh:

Everyone should try and be here around 6. We will most likely be getting food at some point so try and come while we're actually there...

Speaking of which, we should eat at the Olympia and convince Corey to come when he gets off work.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
wow for a "stronger geno beam" that geno blast pic looks much weaker than the geno beam.

how in hell did you miss your flight binyan? overslept?

if I can play friday i'm gonna need a ride both ways cuz i have no car.

and my ride back is going to need to be before 11 or so.

/dumb restrictions FML

Lixivium

Smash Champion
if I can play friday i'm gonna need a ride both ways cuz i have no car.

and my ride back is going to need to be before 11 or so.

/dumb restrictions FML
That's perfect. I'll give you a ride, be sure to kick me in the shins if I seem unwilling to leave.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
im sad ... im just getting ready to have a team in pokemon worth battling (need to ev train then start lvling) and everyone is leaving. Well, except nicole and andrew who i will probably play while trying to refine my team, and switch out the ou's into pokemon i just think are cool.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
steve

come to geno's friday and take on my weak a$$ training squad of NUs. lol

haha best part is by the time everyone is back in town again pkmn Black and white are going to be out

alt-F4

Smash Ace
steve

come to geno's friday and take on my weak a$$ training squad of NUs. lol

haha best part is by the time everyone is back in town again pkmn Black and white are going to be out
what lvl are your guys i can easily ev train and get them to 50/60s by tomorrow

Teh Future

Smash Master
phil you goin to genos tomorrow or next week? I dunno if i will be there tomorrow, but i will most likely be there next week

also still not sure about jokers, but you guys know if it is for sure on the 29th cause the title says it could be on the 22nd also

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
The videos from Tuesday are up: http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMusicMan04#grid/user/45EB017AFE8FD655

Apparently, for some reason, my camera was acting a bit weird... it's nothing major, but some of the videos sort of hiccup for like 1 second and then resume playback normally. It only happens like once a match for the most part, if that... though one or two of them have it happen 2 or 3 times.

They're still very watchable of course.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
i might be a little late the rain is ****ing up my work so i might have to make up for it a bit later.

i dont know why i bothered with this post I wil most likely text you here in a bit.

Cook

Smash Master
I watched a couple videos, and I just want to say that, yes it is easy to cook rice on the stove, but rice cookers are easier and BETTER. The rice gets just the right amount of done. Plus you can use a rice cooker to make vegetables, like broccoli.

MetalMusicMan

I watched a couple videos, and I just want to say that, yes it is easy to cook rice on the stove, but rice cookers are easier and BETTER. The rice gets just the right amount of done. Plus you can use a rice cooker to make vegetables, like broccoli.
Oh ****, maybe you and Seth can get together and have a rice-cooker-lover celebration day.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
smashfest on tuesday?!

I'm there.

btw In one of the videos I think I here future talking about his ROb and then I was mentioned. couldn't make it out really. what was it all about?

MetalMusicMan

He was talking about Chibo IIRC, I don't think he mentioned you.

On Tuesdays we start at 5pm and go til 12am or 1am depending. If you need my address PM me or something :p

Also random news, I found a sweet PVR that records component inputs! Lordofultima uses it for SSF4 to record in 720p which looks really good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn5GdwOYDgQ

So I could set that up for the big screen and even plug my microphone in and we could get some real commentary going for some super pro looking stuff. As far as I know, no one in the smash community does that.

More talk about that on Tuesday when I see you all.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
know whats cool?

new router means i can play pkmn on wifi

geno we still have to battle sometime

Top Bottom