• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List / Chart SSBU Doubles Class List

BLVolition

Smash Rookie
NNID
hatten92
Doubles Class List
All Around: Can excel in a variety of roles.
Archers: Primarily good at doing ranged damage/controlling the stage with projectiles.
DPS: Damage per second. High damage output.
Hybrid: Characters that are 2 or more classes that are not all around.
Niche: Benefits from specific team make ups.
Specialized: Requires more intricate knowledge of the character to be an asset to the team.
Support: Proficient at providing assistance more so than playing point.
Tanks: High survival/firepower.
Weapon: Higher than average potential to land killing blows.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think for Smash Bros, there's not so much "tanks" as there are "Stock tanks".
Stock tanks end up being characters who are good at staying alive, generally due to mobility.

Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link and the Chus are all relatively different and listed in separate classes here, but they tend to be able to hold onto their stocks and provide combo finishers and stock taking with a team mate's set up (particularly in zero suits case) or just generally supporting and dictating game pace (Tink/the chus).

So within the realms of smash, you're probably more looking at "Stock Tanks" (not just weight based), "Disruptors" (gets to throw things out that get in the way of your opponents on stage). Characters like Wolf or Ike I'd probably see as "approachers" - characters who can kinda just move forward, hold shield, and press a button with relative safety that lets your team mate move more freely or exerts pressure upon the opponents.

Snake can kinda fall into all those things, but depending on the team comps, Snake mightn't be playing tank as he's relied upon for his up tilt or C4 (Finishers? or as you kinda put it "Weapon").

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I think this is super interesting (I'd love to develop the dubs scene in any way). I do think this needs some corrections though, this list seems like it was made for a MOBA as opposed to Smash.

Top Bottom