• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBU dlc character idea: Big Daddy from the BioShock Series (DLC pack and Moveset)

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone. I am not 100% sure this is the right section to post this thread, but I didn't know where to post it.

In these days I tried to create a DLC character for Smash Ultimate: I wrote the moveset that I believe could have been interesting, trying to keep it coherent with the original games. I also "prepared" the DLC pack with soundtrack and stage.
I chose a character that has almost zero chances to be added to the Smash roster, but he is from one of my absolute favourite videogames series and I wanted to try to write some ideas: the Big Daddy from BioShock!
I know that he is a playable character in PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale, but I never played it and I never read anything about the game.
If you want to give a look and tell me what you think about it, I'll be really pleased!, Also, if you want to suggest something you can do it, advices are well welcome! Obviously I didn't write everything with the maximum precision for all the technical matters, so no precise damages and moves' frames.
Are there any BioShock fans out there? :)

Here's the pdf where I wrote everything, in case someone wants to read on it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bk4Git_N-7mrCV6_U84uayzGE4UguuU_
Anyway I'll also paste everything below. So, I introduce you...

BIG DADDY

DLC PACK

- Character: Big Daddy

- Stage: Rapture

- Soundtrack: BioShock Main Theme (The Ocean on His Shoulders), Welcome to Rapture, Cohen's Masterpiece, Spliced Aphrodite, Rise Rapture Rise, BioShock 2 Main Theme (Pairbond), Out the Airlock, Destroying the Lobby, Eleanor's Lullaby, Welcome to Columbia, Rory O More / Saddle the Pony, Doors, Will the Circle Be Unbroken (Full Version).

- Spirits: Big Daddy (Bouncer), Big Daddy (Alpha Series / Subject Delta), Big Daddy (Rosie), Andrew Ryan, Frank Fontaine, Sander Cohen, Jack, Brigid Tenenbaum, Little Sisters, Splicers, Sofia Lamb, Eleanor Lamb, Booker DeWitt, Elizabeth, Zachary Comstock, Lutece twins, Songbird.

COSTUMES

Base costume: bouncer

Alternative costumes: élite bouncer, bouncer (grey), bouncer (colour 4), alpha series (Delta), alpha series (Sigma), alpha series (colour 3), alpha series (colour 4)

MOVESET

Jab: a punch with his fist followed by an uppercut with the drill; moderate knockback.

F-tilt: a fast hit forward with the tip of the drill; it can be angled and if angled down it punishes 2 frames; moderate knockback.

U-tilt: uses his arm equipped with the drill to hit, doing a wide arc that covers from the front to the back; it does less damage if it hits with the tip and more damage if it hits with the "lower" part of the drill; moderate vertical knockback.

D-tilt: slams the ground with the drill and causes an earthquake effect in a certain area (wide more or less like DK's D-special area); if the opponent finds himself in this area he falls to the ground and can't do anything for like one second; if the opponents is close to the Big Daddy he gets damaged and has a moderate knockback (but he doesn't suffer the earthquake effect because he doesn't touch the ground).

Dash attack: sudden acceleration and charge on the opponent: it has super armor, but also a big ending lag (it last as long as Little Mac's neutral special ending lag, more or less); great damage and high knockback.

F-smash: the opponent gets drilled; high knockback.

U-smash: a wide range upward headbutt which do more damage if it connects in the front; quite high knockback.

D-smash: he jumps, then land (with a foot and a knee) hitting the ground like he's puncing it with both the fist and the drill; the hitbox is the entire area below him, where he land; it has super armor while he jumps; quite high knockback.

Nair: he hits spreading both his arms, covering in front of and behind himself; if he hits with the fist damage is slightly lower than the drill, but the knockback is the same.

Fair: a hit with the drill performed like a punch from above; it has a sweetspot that spikes and a sourspost that delivers less damage and doesn't spike.

Bair: a rapid punch with the left hand performed during a rotation on himself; it is the fastest aerial he can count on.

Uair: he raise his drill-equipped arm and makes the drill rotate to hit an opponent above him; the hitbox is not big, but this is a multi-hit move.

Dair: a stomp with two feet (like Ganondorf) that spikes.

Grab and grab aerial: the part of the drill that can rotate detaches from the base (to which is attached via a cable) and gets launched forward to "grab" the opponent, who gets pulled towards the Big Daddy and then grabbed with the other hand; this move can also be performed in the air to keep the opponent at distance (in this case he doesn't pull the opponent towards him); furthermore this move can be used as a tether recovery with a similar angle to Samus' tether recovery, the drill gets stuck in the stage ledge and the Big Daddy can pull himself up.

Pummel: headbutts the opponent.

F-throw: he use the Telekinesis plasmid to throw away the opponent: very high knockback (comparable to Ness' B-throw), it's his kill throw.

B-throw: he turns around and throws the opponent away with his hand (no Telekinesis); moderate knockback.

U-throw: he hits the opponent with his head while performing a little jump; moderate vertical knockback.

D-throw: he puts the opponent to the ground briefly drilling him; low knockback.

Floor attack (front): he performs a rotation on himself with the stretched arm to hit the opponent with the drill.

Floor attack (back): he hits in front and behind himself with the drill while getting up to keep the opponent away.

Floor attack (trip): he hits in front and behind himself with the drill while getting up to keep the opponent away.

Edge attack: he climbs up and "punches" the ground with the drill (similar to DK).

N-special: it allows you to change from the plasmids and if you hold B a wheel that allows you to choose the plasmid you want to use appears, just like Shulk with his Monado Arts; once a plasmid is selected it is permanent until you decide to change it again; during the switch there are no invincibility frames; next to the character's icon there are a small icon that shows the selected plasmid and a blue bar that shows the remaining Eve level (the "fuel" that allows you to use plasmids) and gets emptier the more special attacks are used; when it's empty you have to press B while holding the input for the shield (like recharging Inkling's ink) to inject Eve in the Big Daddy's body a recharge the bar; the available plasmids are Electro Bolt, Incinerate!, Winter Blast and Insect Swarm.

S-special: with Electro Bolt you shoot a quite fast projectile with electrical properties from the palm of the hand which deals little damage and minimal knockback; with Incinerate! you shoot a quite fast projectile with fire properties from the palm of the hand which deals little damage and minimal knockback; with Winter Blast you shoot a quite fast projectile with ice properties from the palm of the hand which deals little damage and minimal knockback; with Insect Swarm you send a quite fast swarm of bees from the palm of the hand which deals little damage and minimal knockback, but they don't stay on the opponent; this move can also be charged and you can move and jump while charging, so you obtain a stronger projectile which deals more damage and knockback (which is low anyway); the more you hold before shooting the projectile the more the bar empties when the attack is actually performed; the maximum charge uses half of the Eve bar and the projectile you got can be delivered directly to the opponent like before or can be used to create a trap of the selected plasmid when it touch the ground, that will last 20 seconds and will be activated if the opponent will walk on it; the addictional effects besides damage and knockback (still low) are respectively paralysis (like ZSS paralyzer), fire (similar to PK Fire), freezing (similar to Ice Climbers' D-special, not like PK Freeze) and the bees that disturb the movement (like the hive item), everyone of them that last for a time lapse similar to those of the previous examples, excep for the bees which last much less; there can be up to three traps (even of different types), which anyway will last 20 seconds each, so having three traps is an unlikely situation (in case it happens and the Big Daddy shoots the fourth trap, the first trap would be substituted with the fourth one).

U-special: the Cyclone Trap plasmid gets automatically activated and the Big Daddy uses it on himself (hitting below himself) suffering low damage thus being thrown upward, so he can have a vertical recovery with also a decent mobility to the left and to the right; if an opponent in the air below the Big Daddy gets hit he is thrown upward suffering low damage too; if used on the ground the trap lasts 5 seconds and can be reused by the opponents too (like Sonic and Megaman's U-special); this move needs an extremely low amount of Eve to be used and, if Eve's bar is empty, it is performed anyway.

D-special: the Telekinesis plasmid gets automatically activated and it stops any projectile directed against the Big Daddy (only one per time) and send them back to the opponent; if B is hold the Big Daddy can move and jump, but other attacks can't be performed and the projectile remains suspended in the air untile the B button is released, so it is seent back; if Telekinesis is used on the opponent, it keeps him away from the Big Daddy, so he can't attack the Big Daddy for some frames (he doesn't throw the opponent away); while the Big Daddy is keeping a projectile suspended he is however completely vulnerable.

Final Smash: he charges rapidly and forward on the opponent, if he doesn't hit him nothing happens, ig he hits him there's a cutscene in which the Big Daddy and the opponents find themselves inside of a building in Rapture (the city is on the background and visible through a glass window), the opponent gets thrown against a wall and drilled while a Little Sister get out a vent; the Little Sister uses her needle to gather Adam from the opponent on the ground and, when she has done, the Big Daddy throws him away.

TAUNTS

U-taunt: he point the drill in front of him, like to protect a Little Sister.

S-taunt: he raise his arm and rotate the drill while making a menacing sound.

D-Taunt: a Little Sisters appears and he lovingly take her in arm, the he leaves her on the ground.

NOTES

- When the Big Daddy fights, he has the holes on his helmet (or the entire visor when talking about Alpha Series) green when he is on-stage and nothing particular happens, yellow when he is close to an opponent and when he's offstage, red when he's attacking or someon is attacking him.

- The entrance during the 3, 2, 1 happens through a tear in which Rapture can be seen; however we don't know who open the tear and Elizabeth is not on the stage.

- Bid Daddy's weight value is 133, the same as King K. Rool and lower only to Bowser.

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Big Daddy would be a great addition to Smash, and this moveset is really well done.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Big Daddy would be a great addition to Smash, and this moveset is really well done.
Thank you! I tried to come up with something interesting and I think that the Plasmids mechanics could be really good!

Sadly his chances to be added are really low, but who knows! And also 2K could make a porting of BioShock: The Collection for the Switch.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Kinda surprised there isn't a Bioshock port on Switch yet.

The way things are going the only thing that won't be on it are Gamecube games.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And it happened.

Good news, all the games are for one price. Bad news, they cheaped out on the cartridge so you may as well download it on a large capacity micro SD.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
And it happened.

Good news, all the games are for one price. Bad news, they cheaped out on the cartridge so you may as well download it on a large capacity micro SD.
I don't really like the fact that all threee 2K games will be almost full price, but I didn't expect somethig different from Nintendo. Maybe I'll buy the Collection for the 3rd time, when prices will drop a bit. Playing BioShock in portable mode could be great!
I wonder how many GB we must download to play the games...

Now Big Daddy's chances to be in smash are rising from 0% to 1% :laugh:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: I decided to completely redo this moveset, as I had made a full version of Booker with Elizabeth, as well as had a few new ideas to bolster the representation of Bioshock 1, so here you go!

Hey everyone, I've come yet again with another moveset. This time I've made one for Jack (and Atlas). I know this one isn't quite on topic with the thread at hand, but it's the only Bioshock one there is.

Jack & Atlas Moveset.jpg

As always, here's a link to the image on Flickr, so its easier to read: https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/49971166702/in/dateposted-public/
I've already been toying with the idea of making a moveset for a Big Daddy, namely Delta from Bioshock 2, but one already being in PSASBR and only adding the protag of a single game in the middle of the series just seems a little off and unlike something Sakurai would do, but who knows. I'll probably do it anyways lol.

Last edited:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I've come yet again with another moveset. This time I've made one for Jack (and Booker). I know this one isn't quite on topic with the thread at hand, but it's the only Bioshock one there is.

View attachment 273729

As always, here's a link to the image on Flickr, so its easier to read: https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/49971166702/in/dateposted-public/
I've already been toying with the idea of making a moveset for a Big Daddy, namely Delta from Bioshock 2, but one already being in PSASBR and only adding the protag of a single game in the middle of the series just seems a little off and unlike something sakurai would do, but who knows. I'll probably do it anyways lol.
No problem, if it's BioShock-related it's okay to me!
Great presentation btw

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
whelp, here's one more! I figured I might as well do all three (even if I sorta did Booker already). I also had an idea that I felt was too good to pass up on with Elizabeth, so here it is!

Booker & Elizabeth Moveset.jpg

This one took a little while to make, but it was worth it, as I feel it has the most thought put into it out of the three. As usual, here's a link to it on Flickr so it's a little easier to read: https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/50026538962/in/dateposted-public/

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
whelp, here's one more! I figured I might as well do all three (even if I sorta did Booker already). I also had an idea that I felt was too good to pass up on with Elizabeth, so here it is!

View attachment 275413

This one took a little while to make, but it was worth it, as I feel it has the most thought put into it out of the three. As usual, here's a link to it on Flickr so it's a little easier to read: https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/50026538962/in/dateposted-public/
You're unstoppable ahahah
I really like this moveset too and for some reasons I find the scene of Booker using the Undertow tether grab hilarious!

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
You're unstoppable ahahah
I really like this moveset too and for some reasons I find the scene of Booker using the Undertow tether grab hilarious!
lol yup. I had just played all of the Bioshock games due to the collection hitting the switch, so I was bursting with ideas!

And thanks! It would certainly be strange to have a giant tentacle come out of someone's hand, but I figure it'd add to the uniqueness of someone from Bioshock being added!

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
One final double post, as I wanted to share this new version of my Delta moveset, since I'd been thinking of so many new ideas for it and things to add that would both flesh out the character more and be more faithful to the character and game iteself!

Delta Moveset.jpg

As usual, here's a link to it elsewhere, so as to better read some parts: https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/49992000788/in/dateposted-public/

lightlightling

Smash Rookie
Yoooo I was trying to think how their designs would look but I really really like these!!!! All of these would fit the pg themes of Smash but still stay true to the designs of Bioshock! I know the chances are slim but seeing these concept pieces really made my early morning

lightlightling

Smash Rookie
I also really like the Booker and Elizabeth design, it's incredibly unique and nuanced, not to mention I love the idea of the Luteces just trolling in the background like Wii Fit does in battle. Maybe their stage could be Columbia/Rapture both! With stage hazards making them shift between on regular intervals, and music choice deciding what they are with hazards off/ BF/FD, the way that Mementos does :3

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I also really like the Booker and Elizabeth design, it's incredibly unique and nuanced, not to mention I love the idea of the Luteces just trolling in the background like Wii Fit does in battle. Maybe their stage could be Columbia/Rapture both! With stage hazards making them shift between on regular intervals, and music choice deciding what they are with hazards off/ BF/FD, the way that Mementos does :3
Thanks! And that'd be awesome! I could really see a stage that alternates between Rapture and Columbia via tears.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I support! Big Daddy in Smash would be great. The Bioshock games are great and the stage and music would be beautiful.

Top Bottom