• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media SSBU CCG (downloads and rules included)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
]So back when SSBU was being announced, I had this idea for a CCG that could be included in the game as an additional gamemode. I created a series of cards from official smash art and professional fan art to create this game. I created a card set for all the characters and stages as part of the game, so even if you want to download and print the cards for your personal play or for your local tourney, they are available for that. I haven't really played the game too seriously, the balance is likely to be off. If that is something you care about, let me know and I'll address it sometime in the future.

fighters_1-8.png
stage_Artboard 11.png
supports_Artboard 4.png

Some Ideas for fighter card use

• hand out three cards to each player and have them select a random character from that pool.
• Have character drafts where they draw a deck
• draw a set of cards to create a limited roster

Some ideas for stage card use

• Have tournament viable stages available, player fill flip over the card to ban.
• Draw a set of cards to discard after use for a stage based smashdown

Easy way to print out cards

To make things easy I buy a small deck of cards, backed cardsleeves and place the artwork of the printed cards over the playing cards in the cards sleeves. If you have more money, you can always just print the cards on card stock.

Rules of the Game

The game plays very similiar to the PTCG in the set up. You'll need a copy of Super smash bros to play. This gamemode works from 2-4 players.

Start-up

• Shuffle your deck
• Draw an agreed number of cards to your left (5-6 cards is standard). The cards count as your stocks
• Draw five cards. If you do not have any fighters, you may shuffle your deck and draw five more cards.
• Place a fighter down and up to four fighters behind that fighter.
• The fighter up front is considered your active fighter
• The fighters behind are your pool
• All your fighters together are considered your pool
• Decide who plays first through a 1v1 stock smash match

setup.png

For Ultimate you'll want to set the rules to a default setup with:

• Stock matches "On"
• Time set to "8 minutes"
• No Spirits
• FS Meter off
• Team Attack "On"

Turn Order

During your turn you have four actions you can do

1) Draw a card

2) Place any fighter from your hand into your bench. If there is no active fighter, a fighter must first be placed on the active slot before you may place fighters on the bench

3) Play a Support card: Once a support cards has been played, it must be discarded. if the support card effects "the next match" that card stay in the center of the field until the next match plays. Afterwards it must be discarded.

4) Play a Stage Card or draw one card and switch your active fighter with a benched fighter [you do not have to switch fighters if you do not want to].

After that player turn, it moves to the next player.

Starting a Match

Once a stage card has been played, you have activated a battle. Your opponent may play a support card at this time if he/she wishes to do so. If any support cards have been played that would change the match, update the ruleset in SSBU before starting the fight. Each player's active fighter is the fighter he/she must use during the match (unless a support cards specifies otherwise). Once the match is over, all player who lost that round must draw a card from their stock pile. If any player draws all stock cards in his/her stock pile, that player is eliminated.

Win Condition

be the last player with any stock cards

Deck Format

• 50 Card Deck

Standard Format: 3 duplicate fighters (echoes are included as the same fighter), 3 duplicate stages, 4 duplicate supports

Wild Format: All cards must be unique

Remarks

This was something of a pet project that I did for my friends, I like smash bros and board/card games so this was a natural result. Thanks go to all of the artists who created the high quality art for the support cards and nintendo for the smash artwork on smashbros.com.

I am not that interested in what happens to this project, so updates will likely be rare. Still If I get enough feedback, I'm not against updating the rules or modifying the text on support card abilities. I didn't spend any time play-testing in an official capacity so there are likely to be issues here and there with wording and balance. Admittedly the game can be a bit cumbersome switching from playing smash to playing the card aspect, it really all depends on your setup.

The Cards

FIGHTERS

fighters_1-8.png

fighters_9-16.png
fighters_17-24.png

fighters_25-32.png

fighters_33-42.png

fighters_43-50.png

fighters_51-58.png

fighters_59-66.png

fighters_67-74.png
fighters_75-e.png