• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM: Version Converter/Patcher (32 bit) [Beta released]

Frogman751

Smash Cadet
You still going to release this or? It would be super useful because i cant find a melee 1.00 ntsc iso anywhere and you need it for melee sd remix. i have a melee 1.02 and i could use that with your converter to get a melee 1.00 iso. if you get back to me that would be awesome.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
having some trouble getting this to work. Ive tried converting my 1.02 iso to PAL on 3 different machines(2 windows 7, 1 XP, all 32 bit) and got the same result with all of them, the game checks the iso, closes and only creates an empty .iso with the name that I gave it. The OP says this problem occurs when I use an incorrect version to convert from, but im VERY sure Im using 1.02 to convert to PAL. Any advice?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
having some trouble getting this to work. Ive tried converting my 1.02 iso to PAL on 3 different machines(2 windows 7, 1 XP, all 32 bit) and got the same result with all of them, the game checks the iso, closes and only creates an empty .iso with the name that I gave it. The OP says this problem occurs when I use an incorrect version to convert from, but im VERY sure Im using 1.02 to convert to PAL. Any advice?
Are you just looking for a PAL ISO?

Gorn

Smash Cadet
And the rest. Have not seen anyone who has these post more info about them:
Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc (J) - I can't find anywhere that says which versions have Melee demos on them.
Dairantou Smash Brothers DX (J) (Demo)
SmaBro DX Event-you Disc - SSBM Tournament Disc with 3 Modes: 2,3 and 5 Minutes Battle.
---
Game Taikai Yuushou Kinen: Tokusei SmaBro DX Movie Disc (J) - Distributed to the winners of Smash Bros Tournament in Japan.
^Probably just a movie.
i have a CD, i don't know if it SmaBro DX Event-you Disc or Game Taikai Yuushou Kinen: Tokusei SmaBro DX Movie Disc (J)
i have made few vids :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2ma5nYGNVb9yXm5a568AaLn5TGKKGnBQ

http://mastergorn.free.fr/SSBM/AUTRES/Smash/100_1284.JPG
http://mastergorn.free.fr/SSBM/AUTRES/Smash/100_1285.JPG
http://mastergorn.free.fr/SSBM/AUTRES/Smash/100_1287.JPG
http://mastergorn.free.fr/SSBM/AUTRES/Smash/100_1288.JPG
http://mastergorn.free.fr/SSBM/AUTRES/Smash/100_1289.JPG

cosmonaut

Smash Rookie
Running it in Windows XP (SP3) compatibility also worked for me, for anyone who is having issues on 7 where pressing the run button doesn't do anything.

Wooggle

Smash Apprentice
Running it in Windows XP (SP3) compatibility also worked for me, for anyone who is having issues on 7 where pressing the run button doesn't do anything.
I was having the same issue it was fixed when I ran the program as an administrator. Thanks!

Last edited:

The_JM

Smash Rookie
When i press patch in ssbm version patcher, nothing happens. I don't get an error message or anything. Any Ideas?
Okay, so I have this error, like others in this topic. However, unlike others, I've tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista and Windows XP, and I've tried running it as an administrator, and nothing worked. I've also tried running it on a different computer, and that didn't work (the computer I'm using is Windows 10, the other was Windows 7). I've also tried dumping the ISO again and that didn't work either (both ISOs work fine on Dolphin). I even found a YouTube video where someone uses the program and made sure that I was doing what he was doing, and I was.

404House

Smash Cadet
Hello, people having issues, I made some xDelta patches if you're having trouble with the converter. You require the original ISO versions to convert to the other versions, and no downloads to said ISOs will be provided. Click this for the patcher. Click this for the patches. If you need a different mirror, please message me. Also, if you're having issues, please message me as well. If you want me to make more patches, I have no problems with doing so.

It should be self explanatory, although if you need help, here's what you do:

To determine the version of Melee it is, download this (it's WinMD5) and locate then compute the MD5 for your ISO. Click here to find the MD5s for all the versions of Melee ISOs (there's 1.00-1.02 and PAL, I do not have PAL patches. If asked, I'll provide some). If it matches up with that ISO, that's the version. So if my 1.01 ISO does not match the one on the page, it's not 1.01. If it's 1.00, download the 1.00 patch and whatever the case may be.

Once you have the MD5, download the proper patch from MEGA and then select it in xDeltaGUI.exe, (i.e if you got a 1.01 ISO, get "1.01 to 1.02.xdelta" from MEGA), and then select the original ISO which is the version you have. Then, select a place to save it and the name. I don't know if you need to put .iso or .gcm at the end, if someone can clarify that'd be helpful. For example, input "isoname.iso" or whatever you'd like. It should patch pretty quickly.

If you have any issues, please message me. Also, for those paranoid, I can't really put viruses in these. These get saved as ISOs, I can't really give you viruses via Dolphin. Scan it yourself on Jotti, Virustotal, or Malwr if you're that paranoid.

So in a nutshell, if you need a certain version's patch, there's issues with the patches, or you have complaints or need further help, message me.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

AndyT0073

Smash Cadet
Can someone who has already downloaded it from mediafire please upload it to dropbox and put it in a link please?For some reason i can't download files from mediafire. If anyone knows the solution for this please let me know. All help is appreciated!

404House

Smash Cadet
Can someone who has already downloaded it from mediafire please upload it to dropbox and put it in a link please?For some reason i can't download files from mediafire. If anyone knows the solution for this please let me know. All help is appreciated!
The converter here isn't really recommended as it's not very stable.
I suggest to use the xDelta patches I used above. The converter still works though, with compatibility settings.

Rman1228

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2582-9889-4722
I cant find my version md5 number in the website, but I know as a fact that I have 1.02.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
If you had mods in the game already (textures, or mechanical) and then patched to another version, would the modifications be intact too?

404House

Smash Cadet
If you had mods in the game already (textures, or mechanical) and then patched to another version, would the modifications be intact too?
If you had mods in the game and then patched, it won't work as the MD5 won't match. It needs to be a 100% vanilla ISO to patch. Your ISO would be completely corrupt if you did patch. I'd suggest to find your old ISO version before the mods were applied before patching, as it will definitely corrupt otherwise.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
If you had mods in the game and then patched, it won't work as the MD5 won't match. It needs to be a 100% vanilla ISO to patch. Your ISO would be completely corrupt if you did patch. I'd suggest to find your old ISO version before the mods were applied before patching, as it will definitely corrupt otherwise.

It's okay, i'll be fine..

It's just because there was ONE CODE in a mod i liked, but there doesent exist a pal version yet.

404House

Smash Cadet
It's okay, i'll be fine..

It's just because there was ONE CODE in a mod i liked, but there doesent exist a pal version yet.
PAL version as in a patch? If I can get the PAL version, then I'll get a patch made if you want.

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
I converted succesfully to 20xx version 4.05 but when I try to open it says the file is damaged

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Helpful stuff but I'm looking for a way to convert anything to a 1.01 ISO.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Imgur mirror of the screenshot (for non-registered lurkers).

What are the checksums for your SSBM discs? Do they match Redump.org? It's a database of disc checksums.

You're forgetting that there are demos for SSBM as well. They're almost definitely based on one of the regular versions but with some features taken out.

JP
Dairantou Smash Brothers DX (J) (v1.00)
Dairantou Smash Brothers DX (J) (v1.01)
Dairantou Smash Brothers DX (J) (v1.02)

US
Super Smash Bros. Melee (U) (v1.00)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (U) (v1.01)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (U) (v1.02)

EU
Super Smash Bros. Melee (EU)

Demos
US January 2002 and March 2002 (byte-for-byte identical demos)
EU May 2002
Probably other EU Interactive Multi-Game Demo Discs as well as some JP demos
Probably no other US IMGDDs with SSBM - all of them have been examined

SSBM movies only (no demos).
US October 2001
EU March 2002

A stand-alone hack of a Melee disc could probably re-create the demo conditions. edit: There is one file that is identical between the US demo and the US v1.00 disc (us.ini). Zero matches between JP v1.00 and US demo. It doesn't have a main.dol either. Perhaps even a corrupted banner. Very odd.

And the rest. Have not seen anyone who has these post more info about them:
Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc (J) - I can't find anywhere that says which versions have Melee demos on them.
Dairantou Smash Brothers DX (J) (Demo)
SmaBro DX Event-you Disc - SSBM Tournament Disc with 3 Modes: 2,3 and 5 Minutes Battle.
---
Game Taikai Yuushou Kinen: Tokusei SmaBro DX Movie Disc (J) - Distributed to the winners of Smash Bros Tournament in Japan.
^Probably just a movie.
Did you ever manage to find a dump of the SmaBro DX Event-you disc? I've scoured the net and can't find one.

Top Bottom