• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM & UMK3 - Comboed On Arrival III - 6:30pm

LLDL

Smash Hero

Video Game Tournament: Comboed On Arrival III​

RSVP:

[URL="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323567"][/URL]

Game(s):

Super Smash Bros Melee Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Date:

July 6, 2012

Schedule:
6:30pm - 7:30pm - Registration (Sign Ups) & Casual Play
7:30pm - 12:00am - Tournaments
12:00pm - 1:00am - Casual Play

80 Broad Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701

Venue Pics:

Entrance Console Free Play Console Free Play Arcade Machine Tournament Room

Entry Fees:
  • Venue Fee: $10.00 (+tax)
    (Can only play games in designated tournament area for the night)
  • OR , Arcade Fee (Venue Fee Included) $15.00 (+tax)
    (Full Access to all arcade machines and games for the night)
  • Melee Singles: $5.00 per player
  • UMK3: $5.00 per player

Click here for a full list of arcade machines at the venue

Prize Payouts:

1st place: 70%
2nd place: 20%
3rd place: 10%

Rules: SSBM
General Rules:
  • 4 Stock Matches, 7 Minute Time limit
  • All sets are best 2/3 games. Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals sets are best 3/5 games.
  • All items off.
  • If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
  • Wobbling is banned
  • Unless both players agree before a set, If you pause-reset a game, you forfeit that match. It doesn’t matter if you spiked your opponent, or if they were already dying off the top, just let the the game go to “GAME” in any tournament match.
Stage Pick Rules:
  • Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower (closest to the first) port will get to choose the first strike. You will each strike neutral stages until there is 1 stage left. The remaining stage will be played on game 1.
  • After a player wins a match, they can ban 1 stage for the set. Loser may then choose a neutral or counterpick stage for the next match.
  • PCC: If both players agree to play on a stage outside of this ruleset, you may play on that stage.
  • DMSR will be in effect. A player may not pick a stage that he/she’s already won on in a set, unless the other player agrees.
Singles Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Dreamland
  • Battlefield
  • Fountain of Dreams
Singles Counterpicks:
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Corneria

Rules: UMK3
General Rules:
  • Tournament matches are best 2/3 rounds, best 2/3 matches.
  • Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals are best 2/3 rounds, best 3/5 matches.
  • Tournament matches will be played on MAME, but can be played on the arcade machine cabinet if both players wish.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hey guys just moved to NJ from SC. Wondering if anyone down for friendlies?

Le Fou

:phone:
Hey Le Fou what part of NJ do you live?

If the MW decides to go this then you should probably think about fitting doubles into the schedule.
I'm not planning on doing doubles, but I will cater to out of state attendance. We can work something out.

Just keep in mind this is a Friday night tournament, at 7pm. The reasoning for this is because this is the time frame that the venue usually hosts their tournaments and I am still building a relationship with them. This first one here is just for people to come through and chill. The venue is AMAZING and has all types of Arcade games that are all set to free play, so I figured a Melee tourney here in addition to all that the store offers would be pretty cool; Hence why I just put Melee and UMK3 Singles. If I get a good turnout, I can start talking to them about hosting Saturday tournaments, singles and doubles, with a lower venue price.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
I'm extraordinarily out of practice with Melee, but I live in Red Bank, so I'll be there. I'll play friendlies with anybody. I need to...

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
COME AT ME DEATHKNIGHT

I KNOW YOU SALTY

RAWWWWWRRRRRRRRR

seriously though im mad hyped for this. cant wait to **** stric and eggm with my new main mewtwo

Deathknight

Smash Ace
COME AT ME DEATHKNIGHT

I KNOW YOU SALTY

RAWWWWWRRRRRRRRR

seriously though im mad hyped for this. cant wait to **** stric and eggm with my new main mewtwo
Of course I'm salty but yeah, still probably not going lol. Friday night + the fact that I'm semi-retired = 0 chance

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
What is cutoff for registration? I might be able to go to this but I get out of work around 4:00PM that day. The ride is going to take about an hour and a half.

LLDL

Smash Hero
What is cutoff for registration? I might be able to go to this but I get out of work around 4:00PM that day. The ride is going to take about an hour and a half.
Registration will last until about 7:45. If your later than that though, just call me if you're on the way and I'll put you in the bracket.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm not sure, haven't been up there too much besides apex and zenith

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
@ BigDaddyGannon
I'm always down to play friendlies in Melee or, especially, Brawl, my man. I'll send you a personal message with my phone number, text me if you're ever free to play. I need a lot of practice in Melee.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
What if I tell you I'm going to be late now lol?

I live in the middle of suffolk and have work till 6. Assuming theres a decent train (its on peak), do you think that would be cutting it to close? I'd probably go and play friendlies anyway.

LLDL

Smash Hero
That's fine, I'll put you in the bracket and if you aren't there by the time your match comes, I'll turn it into a bye.

LLDL

Smash Hero
im keeping singles $5 so that locals still want to enter

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Put me down as another "cutting it close". Work till 6:00 and quickest possible travel time is about an hour and ten minutes. I'm still going to try to make it, I just hope I can make it for registration.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
Haha, I got 33rd out of 34 contestants. I feel like a prize horses's *ss. Oh well, good job getting that 3rd, Danny. And good job everyone else who scored high.

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
hahaha don't sweat it dude, just keep playing and keep asking questions.
mad excited to see videos and super pumped for future touries at this venue

(64!?)

Top Bottom