• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM in Beijing?

cosmonaut

Smash Rookie
Hey, a friend and I will be studying abroad in Beijing this Autumn (September through December). Is there any semblance of a scene/anyone around there down to play some Melee?

Beefk

Smash Rookie
Hey,

I will be in Beijing for the fall semester as well! I'm bringing my setup, what school are you attending?

alucard.ec

Smash Apprentice
There is going to be a small tournament in BJ soon (1 week or so) also if you guys come to Shanghai there is new group playing weekly

Beefk

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the info! Do you have a link that has the dates and what not?

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
everything you need regarding the Shanghai scene can be found here:http://smashboards.com/threads/shanghai-china-community-thread.412861/

Also, since we go by the name SmashCN (aka Super Smash Bros China) we do plan to try and grow our presence around the country (particularly in Beijing and also Hong Kong). So, please don't be shy to join the Facebook and WeChat groups, as you'll likely find others that are also looking to play in Beijing over time, too.(In fact I was in Beijing just a few days ago... however, was looking into Smash 4 players at the time and not Melee so it's fine I guess that I didn't see the post you made earlier.)

Beefk

Smash Rookie
I joined the group, but ya as you said it is mostly Shanghai right now. Hopefully as the semester goes along I will run into some people who play.

Mt. Crushmore

Smash Rookie
I just moved to Beijing to study/work until mid December as well, taking classes at BLCU near Wudaokou. I'm already really missing my weeklies back in NYC so it would be great to meet up with anyone in Beijing/get info about any tournaments in the area. I play mostly Melee but would also be up for Smash4 or PM, let me know! I already found and requested to join the FB group :)

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Hi guys, sounds good. I'm based in Shanghai with a bunch of other players, as I probably already mentioned, however. I do plan to post in the SmashCN (China) Facebook group whenever I'm next passing through Beijing or other cities.

That could be as soon as the 24th btw (Still waiting for a confirmation from my work when I might be down there).

TerranUup

Smash Rookie
Hey, I've been living in Beijing for a while now. I just got a full setup for Melee going via dolphin on my computer. I'm really looking to play some smash with someone who's not a baddy (shots). I live near the East Gate for Peking University. PM me for details if you want to play. Please bring your own controller but if you really have to, I have an extra. Hope to see you soon. I'll be here until July, 2016.

Top Bottom