• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress SSBM Balance Mod ( M0DD 222 )

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
Alright, first things first, M0DD 222 is it's name, so don't get confused.

There are two different mods, one 'Random Buffs and Nerfs' which is the basic balance mod like so many others, and another 'Spicy Melee' which makes everything OVERPOWERED. Choose your liking!

Next. thanks to the makers of Crazy Hand, since that was what I used to make this. This program basically skips all the code and I only really have to put in the work of designing the mod, not coding it.

Anyway, so what is this? This is a Melee balance mod. And in case you don't know, just search "Melee Fox" and you'll know why I made this.

REQUIREMENTS

So, this is an XDelta patch, so obviously you need XDelta first. Just get it yourself with a simple Google search.
Next, a Melee ISO. This can be acquired by burning the Melee Disc to your computer.

PROCESS

Open XDeltaUI and select your original ISO in the respective section and the patch in its respective section. Then select where you want your patched file and what your file should be named and click the Patch button. Wait and... done!

Download

V1.0
V2.0

Spicy Melee's Universal Changes

• L – Cancels speed up the animation by 4x instead of 2x.
  • Air Dodges / Wavedashes are 1.5x longer.
  • SDI nerfed to move 2 units per input instead of 6 units per input. ( ASDI is unchanged, Amsah Teching is sill possible. )
  • Low landing lag.
  • Ledgejumps are much longer.
  • Most characters are made faster both in the air and on the ground .

Also, you might wanna tell me what's the best character and what's the worst character. It'll help me balance the game further. If you have even MORE dedication, then why not compile a tier list? That'll help me IMMENSELY!

Last edited:

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
Hello, I just tried the mod and I really liked it, I would like to help you with the progress of the mod with a few ideas that I have, I await your answer :)

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
Hello, I just tried the mod and I really liked it, I would like to help you with the progress of the mod with a few ideas that I have, I await your answer :)
Yeah, sure! Tell me what I can do. I also have an idea about overhauling Roy. Also, did you get my joke about this being a balance mod? I just wanted it to be spicier than vanilla. (Also, sorry for replying this late, but I didn't check my account for quite a while.)

Last edited:

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
Yeah, sure! Tell me what I can do. I also have an idea about overhauling Roy. Also, did you get my joke about this being a balance mod? I just wanted it to be spicier than vanilla. (Also, sorry for replying this late, but I didn't check my account for quite a while.)
okay! tomorrow I will give you some ideas and arrangements to make the "more balanced" balancing mod.

Melee Fox. It's more than a joke, it's a good way to explain the imbalance that this game lol

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
okay! tomorrow I will give you some ideas and arrangements to make the "more balanced" balancing mod.

Melee Fox. It's more than a joke, it's a good way to explain the imbalance that this game lol
By the way, I wanted to balance Fox without changing Shine. Just small tweaks that add up to be a slightly worser character. Like for example, changing his Up - Tilt to be far weaker and kill at like, 220%, or changing his Up - Smash to hit with the Sakurai angle (44/°45°/0°) so it's more DI - able. I would really like some suggestions on how I could do that.

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
By the way, I wanted to balance Fox without changing Shine. Just small tweaks that add up to be a slightly worser character. Like for example, changing his Up - Tilt to be far weaker and kill at like, 220%, or changing his Up - Smash to hit with the Sakurai angle (44/°45°/0°) so it's more DI - able. I would really like some suggestions on how I could do that.
Well, I didn't really think that you were going to modify overpowered characters, but if that's what it is about, I would recommend reducing the damage of some of their attacks such as Up-Smash or Up-air, with those changes fox would have less capacity to finish a combo with ease and force him to use other ways to KO the opponent, it is my recommendation if you want to make it balanced,

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
Well, I didn't really think that you were going to modify overpowered characters, but if that's what it is about, I would recommend reducing the damage of some of their attacks such as Up-Smash or Up-air, with those changes fox would have less capacity to finish a combo with ease and force him to use other ways to KO the opponent, it is my recommendation if you want to make it balanced,
Actually, now that I think about it, I've changed my mind, not to change any already overpowered characters. I did nerf them before because I thought it would be too similar to SD Remix, but honestly, I feel that's taking away from the mod...
Edit : And also, I think I could make a separate mod, still in this same thread, just with every top tier till ICs nerfed a bit. Obviously, I'd nerf higher tier characters harder to let it stay somewhat balanced.

Last edited:

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
You should also improve some characters that I think are still somewhat weak, and one of those is Mario

-I think you should increase the base knockout from 6 to 10 in all angles and make them send at a low angle (45)

-the Up-Tilt and Down-Tilt we could make them have a faster IASA (Up-Tilt = 30- 4) (Down Tilt = 35-7)

-Make the Forward-Air much faster, using FSM to increase its speed, obviously we will not change the angle so that it remains a Meteoric Attack

-I have 2 ideas for the Down-Air, the first is to turn it into a spike but still maintain the same landing lag

- (In normal attack) reduce Mario's landing lag from 23 to 17 and give him a faster IASA (38 to 25)

-Make the Up-Air have a faster IASA (30 to 26)

Now I have ideas with other characters:

Kirby: Reduce the base knockback and knockback growth of the first 2 Forward-Air hits to help connect the last hit

Luigi: Reduce his speed from luigi to 1.7 seriously, the character is quite fast really

-Make his Side-B a normal attack (No modifications)

-Give more priority to the meteoric hitbox in the Down-Air (More Size)

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
" -I think you should increase the base knockout from 6 to 10 in all angles and make them send at a low angle (45)

- (In normal attack) reduce Mario's landing lag from 23 to 17 and give him a faster IASA (38 to 25)

-Luigi: Reduce his speed from luigi to 1.7 seriously, the character is quite fast really"

I didn't get what you meant by these points. Can you please explain them to me?

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
" -I think you should increase the base knockout from 6 to 10 in all angles and make them send at a low angle (45)

-Luigi: Reduce his speed from luigi to 1.7 seriously, the character is quite fast really"

I didn't get what you meant by these points. Can you please explain them to me?
-With the "knockout" I meant the knockback of the attacks, and I had forgotten that you had to put those properties on Mario's Forward-Tilt in all directions, I'm sorry for that part but I was a little tired and didn't understand what was i writing lol
-
-I can see that you have already reduced the landing lag of the attacks, but if you do not remember that, enter attributes that any character and scroll down until you find a section that will tell you the landing lag of the attacks

.Although it is also possible that you are confused with the "Normal Attack" with that I meant to apply those changes with the original mario attack, without any modification (Down Air)

Although even worse if that was not the case, I remind you that I gave you 2 ideas to modify Mario's Down-Air, and what I wrote you was one of those ideas

.With the IASA I mean reducing the number that appears in section 21 of Mario's Down Air, as you can see, that number is 38, reducing the number will make the attack much faster to finish after the hitboxes disappear
-
-with reducing the speed of luigi, it was to make the Dash initial velocity and the Dash and Run terminal velocity are restored, (apparently you changed it from 1.3 to 1.9) if what you want to do is make luigi faster, just change it to 1.6 or 1.7

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
FINALLY, V2.0 is here and Spicy Melee is complete. Actually, I finished the MOD a few months ago, but the changelog was taking a long time, so I just decided to scrap it. Anyway, some broken aspects are fixed.

Top Bottom